Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 20:58 | Report Abuse

Reality!

1 person likes this.

50 comment(s). Last comment by DickyMe 2021-12-07 15:26

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 21:05 | Report Abuse

Firstly, don't look down on bahasa! In fact we must learn to speak it! I took a hard whack on my ego after a malay hawker lady assume i am singaporean because i can't speak bahasa well!
Since then i brush up my bahasa even though at my advance age, i don't need to! But my son bahasa is super excellent! So good that most of his malay friends admitted his bahasa is better than them!
So why is bahasa important! Because in coming decades, Indonesia will be the new China! If you can't speak bahasa, i say good riddance to you!
But also China will grow and surpass US as No.1 superpower too! So yeah, mandarin is also very important if you deal with China customers!
And yeah, India too projected to surpass US in the next 30 years! Boy! How come all this indians, chinese and indos passing the big powers!
As for US, we already seeing it's demise! US will never regain it's No.1 status no matter what! Blame it on extreme corruption in their administration! it has bee going on for decades! Dollar is next to junk by now!
In short, English will not be as important! Bahasa, tamil and mandarin will be!

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-04 21:10 | Report Abuse

English will remain the language of science, technology and commerce whether you like it or not.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 21:14 | Report Abuse

SsLee! Yes indeed! But who knows! China will master science and technology! And the whites will have to go to China to learn new innovations! We never know!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 21:25 | Report Abuse

Dude! I am talking about Indonesia here! Ask SsLee if he can thrive working in Indonesia if he cannot speak bahasa!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 21:26 | Report Abuse

Don't underestimate Indonesia! If you are engineer, Indonesia is like wide open opportunity! Indonesia need plenty of engineers in coming years!

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-04 22:37 | Report Abuse

My Indonesia Boss employed many expatriates fromn Malaysian Chinese and Malay for the reason we can communicate in Indonesia, English and most of Malaysian Chinese also can communicate in Chinese.

Indonesia Palm oil downstream products are for export market and when you are in export market then communication with customers, suppliers, marketing, technology supplier, goverment agency, NGO, Audit, standard and etc required you to communicate in English, Indonesia and Chinese if your products are for China market.

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-04 22:42 | Report Abuse

By the way falling proficiency in the English language has allowed our neighbours to catch up. This was an advantage in the first few decades after independence, but we have lost it

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 22:59 | Report Abuse

Malaysia has fallen way behind nowadays! Quality of education is extremely poor especially out national schools and public universities!
Our lawmakers are caught in race and religion cycle! Take Hannah Yeoh latest tudung fiasco, which is actually non issue but was played to the max by DAP old guards! Another is Timah whiskey, again, played by Harapan leaders themselves! As for BN side, haix, same old same! The 'tuan melayu' song are replayed for gazilion times!
In the end, our children's children remain backward! The only consolation is that, Indonesia education system is far worst!
Our lawmakers continue to play the same gimmick day in day out! Take barang naik card, we have listen to this tune like forever!
Even far worst, almost 80% of those working in private sectors will not be able to retire at all! 80% have depleted their savings during this pandemic!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 23:05 | Report Abuse

There's no single lawmaker in parliment that raise the issue of very poor education system and also uniting various races through education! Zero!
All playing the same race and religion card day in day out in parliment!
So, there's no hope for Malaysia to compete with Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and of course China!
Our political system is build upon corrupt practices! You name it, from royals, to Bank Negara governors, our AG, IGP, civil services and so forth! It's really rotten!
We can't even agree to use bahasa as uniting language! English, ha! Our english is not that good at all! It's more like manglish to be exact! Well, at least singaporeans too use their singlish so we do have understanding neighbour!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-04 23:07 | Report Abuse

Posted by Sslee > Dec 4, 2021 10:42 PM | Report Abuse

By the way falling proficiency in the English language has allowed our neighbours to catch up. This was an advantage in the first few decades after independence, but we have lost it

Answer : The issue is much deeper! Our education system itself is very bad! Engineers produce from our public universities are so bad, they are unemployable!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 01:47 | Report Abuse

Going back to our national schools, it's more like brainwashing the malays into submission towards taliban culture! The ability to think outside the box is non existent! It's so bad that non muslims children in national schools are segregated during fasting month! And there's even extra curriculum to brainwash malays further before the pandemic!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 01:48 | Report Abuse

So for future thinking parents, they rather send their children to chinese schools! What else can they do!

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-05 07:49 | Report Abuse

Too much emphasis on religion in schools at the expense of Stem (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)

Emphasis on quantity over quality in the education system, resulting in a mismatch between graduates and jobs. A common complaint of employers – there just isn’t enough skilled labour.

Hundreds of opaque quasi-government entities at federal and state levels, many of these are heavily in debt. It’s debatable whether these entities are serving any purpose, and it’s politically difficult to shutter these units

Corruption of institutions. We were once the envy of the developing world. Today we hear stories that our institutions are politicised and have lost their independence. The 1MBD fiasco has exposed grave weaknesses within our institutions. We had the dishonour of having produced the greatest financial scandal in global history, largely due to weaknesses in our institutions.

Finally, corruption at every level of society has increased the cost of doing business. Like cancer, it has metastasised everywhere. Tens of billions of ringgit are lost, which could have been spent to build hospitals, schools, infrastructure, etc, and also help pare down our debts.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-12-05 11:49 | Report Abuse

Very Important to take note loh!

Although Malay are use for about 350m of the world populations, but we must be careful to differentiate Indonesia malay language v Malaysia Malay language loh!

Indonesia malay language are use by 300m people whereas Msia malay language are use only by 50m people loh!

Indonesia malay and msia malay language are not totally similar loh!

Also although indonesia malay is the national language of the country but it is not the widely spoken mother tongue language in indonesia...Java language is the most widely spoken in indonesia loh!

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 11:54 | Report Abuse

Indonesia's Malay is very crude.

I like the Malay language spoken and taught before 1980s.

Anwar Ibrahim contaminated Bahasa Malaysia with his nonsensical Bahasa Baku, which sounds more Indonesian.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 11:57 | Report Abuse

Bahasa baku is non existent! It's basically manufactured language! No malays speak bahasa baku!
Anyway, if you listen to indonesia songs, you cannot differentiate bahasa and indo as the spellings are also the same!
It's because bahasa spellings are taken 100% copypaste fron indon! And that's the fact Malaysia politicians refuse to accept!
The quality of education gone south during Anwar Ibrahim time as Minister of education! Anwar is the first to islamize our education system!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-12-05 11:59 | Report Abuse

What is the use...?

U like the song but less people listen mah!

If there is need for single malay language, it will be bahasa Indonesia mah!

Posted by DickyMe > Dec 5, 2021 11:54 AM | Report Abuse

Indonesia's Malay is very crude.

I like the Malay language spoken and taught before 1980s.

Anwar Ibrahim contaminated Bahasa Malaysia with his nonsensical Bahasa Baku, which sounds more Indonesian.

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 12:04 | Report Abuse

LOL, songs? Who said I like the songs?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 12:04 | Report Abuse

Actually many malay singers also venture to Indonesia! It's open secret they can sell much more in Indonesia!
If i am not mistaken, Sheila Majid used to be very popular in Indonesia!

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-05 13:32 | Report Abuse

Do not assume Indonesian nor call Indonesian as Indonesian Malay nor their language as Indonesia's Malay. They language is Bahasa Indonesia and their Bangsa is Bangsa Indonesia with many ethnic groups.

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 13:53 | Report Abuse

"Posted by Sslee > Dec 5, 2021 1:32 PM | Report Abuse

Do not assume Indonesian nor call Indonesian as Indonesian Malay nor their language as Indonesia's Malay. They language is Bahasa Indonesia and their Bangsa is Bangsa Indonesia with many ethnic groups."

====================================

Is it?

Then why did they riot and kill the Chinese in 1998?

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-05 14:21 | Report Abuse

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Indonesia

Indigenous ethnic groups
Some ethnic groups are indigenous to certain regions of Indonesia. Due to migration within Indonesia (as part of government transmigration programs or otherwise), significant proportions of those ethnic groups reside outside of their traditional regions.

Java: Javanese (Tenggerese, Osing, Banyumasan, etc.), Sundanese (Bantenese, Badui), Cirebonese, Betawi

Madura: Madurese

Sumatra: Malay, Acehnese, Gayo, Alas, Batak, Minangkabau, Rejang, Lampungese, Nias, Mentaweian, Engganese, Kubu, Sekak, and others

Kalimantan: Dayak, Banjar, Malays, Kutai

Sulawesi: Makassarese, Buginese, Mandarese, Minahasan, Torajan, Gorontaloan, Bajau, and others

Lesser Sunda Islands: Balinese, Sasak, Sumbawan, Bimanese, Manggarai, Lamaholot, Dawan, Tetunian, Helong, Roti, Savu, Sumban, Alorese, and others

Moluccas: Alfur, Nuaulu, Manusela, Wemale, Tanimbarese, and others

Papua: Dani, Bauzi, Asmat, Amungme, and others (see List of ethnic groups of West Papua)

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-05 14:28 | Report Abuse

Pity the West Malaysians have no idea the Indigenous ethnic groups of Sarawak and Sabah Bumiputra.

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-05 14:41 | Report Abuse

For political expediency and politic of 3R' UMNO politicians conveniently grouping all Malaysians Muslim Bumiputra as Malay.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 14:51 | Report Abuse

SsLee! Indeed! Malaysia is actually have very tiny population! Only 16 million malays! Local chinese more or less around 5 to 7 millions because alot actually working or residing outside Malaysia! Indians few milions, maybe! Bumis also not that many! Orang asli also not that many!
This 3Rs of course only comes from elite malays and royals! They have to maintain their superiority because they don't want to lost the status quo!
Keeping malays poor and backward is one of the best way to keep them under control!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 14:53 | Report Abuse

Actually so far only Najib genuinely care of the lower class but i don't know, i could be wrong!
During Harapan 22 months, it's actually worst! Bash both local chinese and majority malays! Didn't benefit rakyat at all! Just like Umno elites, just there to enrich themselves and their cronies!

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 14:55 | Report Abuse

Tobby is an excellent brown noser!

He doesn't mind carrying Najib's nuts.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:00 | Report Abuse

Dickyme! To be honest, i don't want Najib to be PM again! We all know Rosmah is the real PM!
But his policies were very good! Let me correct myself! So far Najib's policies were good and fair!
I hope future PM would carry on with his policies! That's all i wish to see!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:02 | Report Abuse

And so far only Najib dares to outline his policies! It's all in his social media pages! No need to hire tons of advisers giving new but faulty ones! Remember, because of Najib's policies, we avoided few recessions!

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 15:03 | Report Abuse

I am sorry.

I don't know how his policies benefitted Non-Malays?

All I saw was threats, judicial system crumbling and blatant suppression of our rights.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:08 | Report Abuse

To be fair, Najib stand by vernacular schools! Check his history! Only Mahathir wants to see all vernacular schools close or islamize!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:09 | Report Abuse

And only Najib stands by indians too! Again check his history!

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 15:13 |

Post removed.Why?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:19 | Report Abuse

Dickme! Really! Look, indians build their temples on private lands! They they cry victim! Other races so far never go and build their house of worship without permission!
Indians in Malaysia are far fortunate compare to those in India itself! In fact we cannot differentiate between indians India and local indians anyone as many of them do come and work here!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:20 | Report Abuse

And for the record, malaysia indians are discriminated when they go and do business in India! Just look at Tony Fernandes! They really go extra miles to ensure Tony Fernandes fail in India!

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 15:33 |

Post removed.Why?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:36 | Report Abuse

Dickyme! Yeah, sure! But didn't Harapan made Mahathir PM again given how Mahathir treated indians! And you are blaming Najib!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:37 | Report Abuse

I am not defending Najib! I am defending his policies! To me Najib's policies should be continued by current and future PM! Again, i do not wish to see Najib returning as PM! Once is enough! But his policies should remain!

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 15:37 |

Post removed.Why?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 15:39 | Report Abuse

Dickyme! And you think India court are transparent! Dude, India racism is far worst! If bramins commit crimes, they get away with it!

DickyMe

14,755 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-12-05 15:44 | Report Abuse

I don't think, but sure that it is transparent as crystal compared to Malaysia's judicial system and racism which is institutionalised in government policies.

Your allegations are just a shot in the dark.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-12-05 16:59 | Report Abuse

Najib avoided recession during his time, bcos he simply spend without thinking & caring of future msian as long as his kitty is laying & line up with huge funds loh!

It is najib that caused exchange rate RM to collapse beyond Rm 4 to USD 1 mah!

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-12-05 17:11 | Report Abuse

Our klci is falling. Who can stop it n bring it up again ?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 19:42 | Report Abuse

Posted by ahbah > Dec 5, 2021 5:11 PM | Report Abuse

Our klci is falling. Who can stop it n bring it up again ?

Answer : At the moment, Sabri administration doesn't bother with our economy or capital market!
Of course, the modus operandi is to push local funds to buy at current level! And the common sense tells us that local funds can then sell once foreign funds start to buy again!
However, we are in a rudderless ship! Dont' even know which is south or north! Jut drift aimlessly while the captain so busy with his batik, his bahasa, employing tons of advisers to tell him time to poop, time to eat or time to open his mouth!

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-12-06 10:00 | Report Abuse

It looks like the compass is NOT working, no longer pointing north but

SOUTH now !

We got a BROKEN compass now !

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-12-06 10:07 | Report Abuse

Who can repair my compass, please n make it points NORTH again ? Thanks.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-12-06 16:49 | Report Abuse

Please repair my broken compass. Thanks.

Sslee

6,241 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-12-06 17:06 | Report Abuse

Malaysia is broken beyond repair.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz