Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-18 20:39 | Report Abuse

Politics!

Be the first to like this.

2 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2021-12-18 21:32

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-18 20:48 | Report Abuse

Sarawak election is a referendum for DAP! Just like Melaka by election was a referendum for Anwar Ibrahim!
Clearly DAP fortune has turn in Sarawak! Local chinese in Sarawak are only around 500k! Not a biggie population! And Sabah is only like 200k local chinese! Overall only 700k local chinese in both Sabah Sarawak!
However, we have seen how local chinese no longer a fix deposit for DAP! Sarawak is seen as indicator of local chinese support for DAP!
Given the rollout of result coming from Sarawak, it appear what i have assumption turn out to be true!
This is a huge worry for DAP going forward! I believe GPS succeeded because they pro actively tackle every single issues dear to sarawakians! Among them, UEC qualification!
Anwar tried to bring poverty as his major bagger but in Sarawak, like it or not, GPS provides longhouses for the bumis there! This longhouses is like brainwashing factory for GPS! It's simply impossible for outsiders to change the bumis there!
As for local chinese, they also missing out on Sarawak development just like how we miss out since MCA no longer able to get mega projects!
And so, we may see further erosion of local chinese support for DAP! But this does not means local chinese are going back to MCA!
Unless Wee able to recruit candidates who are very influential! Of course this is very hard to do! DAP has succeeded in recruiting such candidates for almost a decade!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-18 21:32 | Report Abuse

I foresee DAP losing many seats come GE15! But again, this does not mean MCA will profit from it!
However, given the certain disadvantage if local chinese not represented in the next administration, MCA must recruit strong candidates going forward!
The days of Harapan is not shining going forward! DAP made a huge blunder for trusting Mahathir!
And now the Lims are slowly replacing Anwar with Mahathir proxy, Shafie Apdal! It's no brainer what the Lims have in mind! But i can assure you, it's going to be more of another major blunder than actually helping winning majority malay hearts!
As for PKR, it's better for them to go solo come GE15! Harapan has lost it's glimmer!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz