Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-04 01:33 | Report Abuse

Reality!

Be the first to like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by FortuneBull777 2023-07-04 15:17

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-04 01:38 | Report Abuse

I guess i was the one who foretold that durian will become huge business! And indeed it did!
Nowadays, we keep hearing even PLCs want to enter durian industry! All i can say is, becareful what you wish for!
Here's the thing! Durian is just a fruit! Just like any other fruit! Today durian, tomorrow nangka! Which i find it strange nobody want to be the first to sell nangka to chinese China! Actually there are so many fruits that chinese China would die for!
The key is planting them in huge quantity and be the first to hit the market! Malaysia do have plenty of cheap fruit that can make a killing!
If i had at least 10 acres of farm land, i do have one particular fruit that would make me millionare! And nobody is selling them at commercial level yet!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-04 01:44 | Report Abuse

Anyway, if you just discover durian and want to jump into the wagon! Don't! It's very very very crowded market nowadays! In fact i foresee glut of durians in coming years! So much that many will just let their durians rot rather than selling at loss!
Nowadays, even China sell durians! Thailand are sending tons of durians straight to China! And also many other countries! Musang King no longer as rare! Now they are selling this black thorn as the king of kings! It's all bs if you ask me!
Decades ago, i used to eat durians for dirt cheap! My collegue and i would go to this one farm run by a local university where new breeds of durians are planted! So we would pay peanuts to the security guard and eat to our heart content! Of course, the security guard is relative to one of our collegue! Beside, nobody will notice few dozens of missing durians since there are hundreds laying rotting on the ground! Basically, we are doing some service of eating up otherwise wasted durians!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-04 01:45 | Report Abuse

Eventually, we would see a serious glut of durians that sellers have to sell them by the tons for dirt cheap! Don't worry! That day will come!
Anyway, for me, i enjoy eating durian ice cream compare to eating fresh ones! I don't know! Maybe because i ate so much of them before that i lost the appreciation for the fresh one!

smallrail

144 posts

Posted by smallrail > 2023-07-04 10:11 | Report Abuse

@FortuneBull777 ice cream added alot of sugar. The more you eat sugar, you will get diabetes soon.

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-04 15:17 | Report Abuse

Small! True! Thanks for that advice! But i only take ice cream like once in the blue moon! Usually buy the small size one! And i can't finish it either! Usually give the rest to my dog!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz