8 people like this.

280 comment(s). Last comment by wawasiaadv 2021-10-27 08:32

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2013-11-11 10:47 | Report Abuse

Fortunebull, I totally agree with you. I am a strong believer and practitioner of the FA + TA. Lately, I hear a lot of people with a lot of tips on shares pushing up to certain price levels and stuff like that. Once this happens, we need to be very careful of the market. Reminds me of the big KLSE stock market crash.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2013-11-11 14:15 | Report Abuse

This coming two years will be the equity market. Property market is already slowing down.

Winnie

18 posts

Posted by Winnie > 2013-11-12 22:44 | Report Abuse

真爱要等待

heavyth

848 posts

Posted by heavyth > 2013-12-30 19:24 | Report Abuse

Why sell down...by whom..any comments..???

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2013-12-31 08:05 | Report Abuse

Why and who would sell so aggressively in the last few days? When I posted this article, the price of Jaya Tiasa was Rm 2.13 on 1st Nov. and it shot up to above Rm 2.50 and it closed at Rm 2.05 on 30th Dec.

I think a professional fund manager whose book value of his portfolio is showing too much profit and he wants to depress the price of JT so that he can have an easy start for 2014. In any case, you can see for yourself that JT is so ridiculously under valued. Just basing on the market price of Rm 70,000 per hectare for oil palm plantation X 62,500 ha = Rm 4.375 billion which is more than twice of JT's market capitalization.

Let me elaborate on its plywood and timber business. JT has almost unlimited log supply from its own forest while manufacturers from India, China, Taiwan and Japan have to buy & import logs, most probably from JT. Remember JT is one of the largest plywood manufacturers in the world and with its competitive advantage, it will generate sustainable profit for a long time. Currently it is not showing much profit because JT has been using its money from its timber business to plant oil palms aggressively.

I consider JT is my best bet which I will continue to accumulate. After blowing so much about JT, my reputation is at stake. Where can I hide my face if JT remain depressed below Rm 2?
Koon Yew Yin

avucin

145 posts

Posted by avucin > 2013-12-31 08:14 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2013-12-31 09:50 | Report Abuse

Avucin, although I do not know you, your comment shows that you have no manners, you do not understand what I wrote and you have a very poor track record. You are crude and you will be a failure in life. Please google my name so that you know more about me.

I will increase my borrowing to buy JT as you can see the big block currently queuing to buy. To be really successful, you must not be afraid to buy when the share goes lower than you originally started to buy if the reasons for buying have not changed.

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2013-12-31 09:57 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr. Koon,

Could you elaborate further on the money made in timber plywood being channelled to palm pil plantation?

Would appreciate very much for yr worthy effort.

Posted by Yap Kong Lim > 2013-12-31 09:57 | Report Abuse

Thank you Mr. Koon for your kind sharing. Really appreciate that.

smartly

6,382 posts

Posted by smartly > 2013-12-31 10:14 | Report Abuse

my respect to you. u walk the talk. salute.!

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-12-31 12:09 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon : Judging with my understanding on basic human behavioral science, I have full faith on your personal integrity. Even though I am still bleeding on JT, I deem it as my own responsibility and you have my fullest respect. Wishing you a good health. Happy new year.

Posted by zizoudoremi > 2013-12-31 15:03 | Report Abuse

If you start blaming anyone when your share going down, you should just sell your share immediately as you are not suppose to purchase it in the first place.

ckleow79

51 posts

Posted by ckleow79 > 2013-12-31 16:11 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr. Koon,

I agreed with how you value the JT. however, JT have a unfavor record that many speculator interested JT. but MR koon, you r long term investor therefore nothing favor to you even the up/down of the price in short term.

as a small investor i sold all the units and will be reaccumulate after it down to RM2.

happy new year. happy trading.

hope next time i have a chance to meet you and listen to your investment methodology.

Thank you for your contribution.
I always believe : "the more you sharing, the greatest return you have".
(superb networking)

from CK leow

esy33

27 posts

Posted by esy33 > 2014-01-01 21:29 | Report Abuse

Hi Mr Koon,
I bought Jaya Tiasa way back in 2006. Bought as timber was among the last commodity to go up after iron ore, crude oil and palm oil.
Had relied on International Tropical Timber Organization newsletter to monitor log prices in Japan & Sarawak (so that i would know the price before it being published by any brokerage houses). Bought it because log & plywood prices was beginning to creep up, & around Sarawak State Election in which Sarawak counters tend to rally.
JT was selling for RM3.2 per share (before the year or 2 ago split/rights issue). I sold it for ~RM3.8 and netted me my 1st 10k from the market.
I did notice that in their annual report at that time, of them owning 80k hectares of land (plantable ~70k hectares). They were planting at the rate of almost 10k hectares per year back then. No other Malaysian company that i know of were planting at this aggressive rate.
However, I also noticed that JT should be producing more plywood and logs as compared to Ta Ann. But JT always makes lesser profit as compared to Ta Ann.
Also there were lots of related party transactions in JT operations.
Also, JT's annual profit is volatile as i can recall at that time.
That is the main reason i sold in 2007/8 ( can't recall exact year).
Only just before its rights issue, did the profit perked up and then it fell back after that.
Also, a year or two back, there was this occurrence of large quantities of logs to got out of log ponds up stream that flowed into the sea.
But it was not reported the logs were from which listed timber company.
None of the listed timber companies (that i know of, but i never did an exhaustive search) booked the loses.
Plus (with apology) who knows exactly how much timber that is really extracted in the jungle ?
That doesn't help when JT's annual profit was not consistent at that time. Never really checked JT recent quarterly announcement.
But if JT's profit is more stable, plus dividend then only its stock price will go up.
Also, isn't it that there is just to much additional acreage being added by plantings from 2006/7 ? Each year there would be more acreage added in Indonesia ?
Also, Sarawak land is mostly peat land ? It is less fertile ? Is this the reason (aside from transportation) why Sarawak land is the last to be developed into palm oil estates ? Sabah shares the same problem of transportation, but IOI chose Sabah as its land is fertile and hence a lower cost producer ?

KCLoh

2,599 posts

Posted by KCLoh > 2014-01-01 21:32 | Report Abuse

At least Mr Koon stood by his recommendation! Not like KC LOH aka Mr SKPRESS! Gooner! WAKAKAKAKAKA!

Ooi Teik Bee

11,050 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2014-01-01 21:53 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon,
1.98 to 2.04 are very strong support level. I still think that the stock price is almost bottom. Down side risk is very small now.
Please do not worry, the price will not drop a lot again.
Wishing you a "Happy and Prosperous New Year 2014".
Thank you.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2014-01-01 21:57 | Report Abuse

post removed deliberately not to show-off like someone in liihen and instaco and caught with pants down! LOL

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-02 04:30 | Report Abuse

I walk the talk, meaning I do what I say. My wife and I bought more than half of the 8 million JT shares traded on 31st Dec 2013. I have not seen such huge volume of JT shares traded before. It looked like a big fund wanted to sell before year end.

I wish someone can tell me the reason why would anyone sell so aggressively as if he could not sell in 2014. Even if he wants to sell, he should not sell so aggressively to get a better price. JT price dropped 16 sens in the last 3 trading days.

I put my money where my mouth is. I will continue to borrow more money or sell my other holdings to buy JT if its price continues to drop. To be a super investor, one must not be afraid to buy when its price has dropped much lower than when one started to accumulate it, provided the reasons for buying have not changed.

For the same reason my family members and I bought about 20 million Sarawak Oil Palm shares (as shown in SOP 2011 report) when its price was about Rm 3.00. The price was so cheap because their palms were young and as a result the profit was not attractive. SOP is now trading around Rm 6.50 and I sold almost all my SOP to buy JT.

In 2 or 3 years time, I strongly believe JT will double its price, like SOP. As much as I regretted in publishing this article, I am obliged to respond to commentaries. Again I am not asking you to buy JT.

Best wishes for 2014

Lhchew

6 posts

Posted by Lhchew > 2014-01-02 14:17 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon,

This is first time I'm writing in i3invetor forum, though I have been following your blog here & Malaysian finance.

High respect for you for being such as honorable man, can be seen on how you handle this case including past event such as donation to UTAR issues years ago.

Don't be disheartened by doubters who are in the minority.

Best wished to you & family in 2014.

heavyth

848 posts

Posted by heavyth > 2014-01-02 14:34 | Report Abuse

Honourable man Mr Koon Yew Yin..Happy 2014...!!

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-01-04 00:44 | Report Abuse

Hi mr koon, thank you for your sharing.After read your article, i very confident to buy this share and now Jtiasa become my major investment in my share profolio.
i also interest to buy TSH because their tree age <7 year is around 77% and have very potential to grow,what is your opinion?

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-01-06 13:24 | Report Abuse

Mr koon, if jtiasa compare with Ta an?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-06 14:58 | Report Abuse

I sold all my Ta An, SOP and R Sawit to buy Jaya Tiasa because JT has better profit growth prospect. JT sells more plywood, logs and has much more oil planation than Ta An. R Sawit has less planted oil palm area and it has no plywood and timber business. When I bought SOP about 3 years ago, it was selling around Rm 3 and now it is selling more than Rm 6.
You buy JT at your own risk.
Koon Yew Yin

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-01-06 21:00 | Report Abuse

thank a lot Mr koon. i will handle the risk, no risk,no gain.

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-01-07 09:16 | Report Abuse

Mr koon ,before read your article,i thought that best oil palm stock must have very very large land bank ,so we must keep it for very long term(10 - 20 year) to wait those land fully planted & wait the value come out. Now my mind are more clearer bcos finally i realize that i must count the average age of oil palm tree to know % grow of FFB. More FFB mean more ROI .
First time i buy a oil plam stock bcos of Mr Fong Si Ling,he highly recommend us to buy oil palm stock bcos of speciality of it. No other stock can compare with oil palm stock bcos value of land grow every year & become scarity . i plans keep oil palm stock for my future retirement & my kids education fee.

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-01-07 14:41 | Report Abuse

Mr koon,i am fresh about to use margin finance, can u tell me more detail ?

1)wheather now is right time to use margin finance ?or wait until economy crisis or KLCI fall to below 1400 ?

2)wheather i must choose the share have over 6% dividen return bocs i need to repayment the loan every month.

3)how to diversify our portfolio ?should we keep some defensive stock(good dividen stock) & use only margin finance to buy very good grow prospect stock?

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-01-08 08:27 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon , u prefer use margin finance to buy oil palm stock , bcos of predictable grow profit & speciality ?am i right?

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-01-13 23:57 | Report Abuse

sibu Severe flood last month... jaya tiasa 80% palm oil over there..

http://www.investalks.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8056&extra=&page=9

page 9

发表于 2014-1-13 20:43 | 只看该作者
我刚发现砂捞越州发生水灾。诗巫也遭殃了。常成有很多棕油地都在诗巫。

我的消息都是来自这两个网站http://sibuericluk.blogspot.com/
http://www.seehua.com/news/sarawak/middle?page=24

有谁住在诗巫的?可以分享那边的境况吗?
flood 1.png (354.19 KB)

flood 1.png
flood 2.png (159.31 KB)

flood 2.png
13/01/2014 23:40
13/01/2014 23:43

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-13 23:59 | Report Abuse

Fortunately the flooding in Sibu will be over in a few days. Flooding will not be there forever. When weak JT holders sell because they are afraid of flooding, clever investors should buy.

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-01-14 00:05 | Report Abuse

Thank you mr koon sharing, you give me more confident to accumulate this share,thank you very much...

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-01-14 00:59 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon

Brazilian Amazon contains an estimated 850,000 square miles (15 times size area malaysia + indonesia )suitable for palm oil plantations — an area four times the size of France. By comparison, Indonesia and Malaysia, which account for nearly 90 percent of global palm oil production, have less than 50,000 square miles of oil palm under cultivation.

If barazil aggressive to expand their palm oil business in future,
crude palm oil will over supply? Plantation share still can keep for long term?

http://e360.yale.edu/feature/in_brazil_palm_oil_plantations_could_help_preserve_amazon/2415/

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-14 06:54 | Report Abuse

I must admire wmliang's enquiring mind. First he warns us about the flooding in Sibu where Jaya Tiasa's plantations are located and now he warns us about Brazil's large land area if fully planted could be a serious competitor to the palm oil industry in Indonesia & Malaysia.

As I said earlier the flooding would only last a few days and its effect would be very small.

Regarding Brazil's comparatively large land area, I google to find out its palm oil production capacity. Although Brazil large rain forest seems suitable for oil palm cultivation, according to 2013 statistics it produced 340,000 tons while Indonesia produced 31,000,000 tons and Malaysia produced 19,200,000 tons.

Like all industries, it is not so easy to grow oil palms and produce palm oil economically to compete in the world market. There must be numerous obstacles to overcome, such as rainfall, climate, soil type, accessibility, cost of labour, fertilizer, finance and many other factors.

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-01-14 08:36 | Report Abuse

Thanks Mr koon

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-14 09:45 | Report Abuse

It is important to point out that the success of any industry, enterprise, business, investment or venture depends largely on the people. If you look at the top 10 richest men in Indonesia and Malaysia, you will find that most of them are ethnic Chinese because they have all the essential qualities as entrepreneurs. I am saying this with good intention and without disrespect to the other races.

I must also point out that the Chinese should be grateful for the opportunities given to them by their Governments and they must remember to do charity because when they die they cannot take money away with them.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-01-14 10:12 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon,
Chedet had stated that
-The Malays must remember that they cannot rule and prosper this country on their own.
-They need the dynamism and business skills of the Chinese. They need also the professional skills of the Indians.

Having said that, a more pertinent question to ask is "Are Schools educating our child for the real world, the real world of money, arming our child with basic financial education?"

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-14 11:17 | Report Abuse

Sunztzhe: I appreciate the honest expression of your feeling. This is not the right forum to discuss politics. I have written many articles regarding our Malaysian Education system, BN's wrong doings etc which you can read if you google my name. Happy reading

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-01-14 13:13 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon: Politics as defined by Wikipedia (from Greek: politikos, meaning "of, for, or relating to citizens") is the practice and theory of influencing other people on a civic or individual level. More narrowly, it refers to achieving and exercising positions of governance — organized control over a human community, particularly a state.

So on a much broader view, the forum on "How to become a super investor" is political as well.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-14 14:53 | Report Abuse

Wah! sunztzhe is really clever. I like to meet up with you. I am sure we have a lot of things to discuss besides investment. Please come to my talk on 18th Jan at 10.30 am -12.30 pm at the Ipoh YMCA. Alvin Tai CFA of RHB Institute research and I will be talking about the prospect of the palm oil industry. Of course, we will also touch on Jaya Tiasa. Like all commodities, the palm oil price moves in a cycle. After its price has been depressed for more than a year, it is beginning to move higher. This is the best opportunity to buy palm oil company shares.

If you look at The Star online today, you will beside Alvin Tai, there 3 other experts writing about the CPO price up trend.

eric8168

99 posts

Posted by eric8168 > 2014-01-15 14:41 | Report Abuse

mr koon i agree with u. When the talk will be held at penang ? i will miss the boat this time.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-15 15:37 | Report Abuse

eric8168, you can come to Ipoh YMCA this Saturday 18th Jan 10.30 am - 12.30pm to attend my talk with plantation expert Alvin Tai of RHB research. I purposely fixed at 10.3 am so that out station people can easily make it if they are really interested.

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-01-18 23:20 | Report Abuse

( Yield drag : Timing the entry into growth stock
yield drag factor for Jtiasa CY13 = 65.8%, CY14 = 56.5%, CY15= 37.2%
by plantation expert Alvin Tai of RHB research )

what is the meaning of Yield drag? Anybody can help me?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-01-19 07:51 | Report Abuse

wmliang, Alvin said that JT's yield drag factor as you quoted above is improving quite rapidly. Yield Drag is the measure of the young unproductive palms to its total planted area in term of percentage. If I am not mistaken.

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-01-20 01:13 | Report Abuse

thanks Mr Koon

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-02-15 01:43 | Report Abuse

Wilmar to stop buying CPO fom Sarawak
February 14, 2014
Land Development minister James Masing said the livelihood of the people in the rural areas was not to be negotiated with the international community
KUCHING: Sarawak may lose some RM400 million in sales tax revenue a year from oil palm products following the decision of a multinational refinery company’s refusal to buy crude palm oil (CPO) from mills in the state.
A Singapore-based company, Wilmar International Limited, which has its refinery plant in Bintulu, has written to the state government to inform that the company would stop buying CPO produced from oil palm trees planted in forest areas and peat swamp land in the state from 2015 onwards.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-15 05:56 | Report Abuse

Remember Wilmar is not a charity organisation. Its agenda might be to depress CPO price so that their refineries can make more profit.

Please read my previous articles namely 'Fight the smear campaign against our palm oil industry' and ' They cut down their thousand year old trees and now say that we are wrong to cut our forest to plant oil palms'

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-02-15 06:31 | Report Abuse

kikiki.. ow.. then whats your agenda? kakagarkgark...

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-15 12:08 | Report Abuse

Seminar at 11am on 16th Feb Sunday at Ipoh St John Ambulance hall. I have rearranged the seating, now I can offer another additional 40 seats, totalling 220 seats. Those who are interested can write to me, especially those whom I have turned down. koonyewyin@gmail.com.

wmliang

38 posts

Posted by wmliang > 2014-02-20 19:10 | Report Abuse

MONTHLY PRODUCTION FIGURES (MINING / PLANTATION / TIMBER)
JAYA TIASA HOLDINGS BHD

Type Announcement
Subject MONTHLY PRODUCTION FIGURES (MINING / PLANTATION / TIMBER)
Description The Company is pleased to announce that logs and crop production of the Group for the month of January 2014 are as follows:-

(1). Logs - 52,035 cubic metres.
(2). Fresh Fruit Bunches - 56,975 metric tonnes.
(3). Crude Palm Oil - 4,509 metric tonnes.
(4). Palm Kernel - 718 metric tonnes

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-11-22 10:26 | Report Abuse

Seminar at 11am on 16th Feb Sunday at Ipoh St John Ambulance hall. I have rearranged the seating, now I can offer another additional 40 seats, totalling 220 seats. Those who are interested can write to me, especially those whom I have turned down. koonyewyin@gmail.com.

Posted by wawasiaadv > 2021-10-27 08:32 | Report Abuse

Hello, Mr Koon. I started reading your blog post today, after I read a beautiful sharing about your recent donation to Penang - for building student hostels and your love of supporting the poor.
I have been praying for a good role model to follow in the world of investing. I am happy to have found you through these blog posts.
Blessings to you and family.
Caroline David

Post a Comment
Market Buzz