4 people like this.

31 comment(s). Last comment by sabmong 2014-04-29 15:48

simwyatt

24 posts

Posted by simwyatt > 2014-04-27 21:55 | Report Abuse

Aik. no one listening to Saturn/optimus talking about politic changy to all chineses power?

air01557

2,511 posts

Posted by air01557 > 2014-04-27 21:59 | Report Abuse

What Obama stated is a well known FACT - that is why we are facing a BRAIN DRAIN for the past 25 years. We have fallen behind in progress,
and growth in countries like Vietnam, Burma, Kampuchea have all overtaken us. WHY ? because equal opportunity is not given to non muslims.
OBAMA thanks for saying it straight in "HIS" face. They need to be told in the face.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2014-04-27 22:00 | Report Abuse

Don't talk racially there are a lot of hardworking and capable young malay muslims compared to last time.Time has changed their concept about working attitudes as more have to prove themselves in private sectors to compete with others.We are the minority so wake up and don't talk nonsense.

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-04-27 22:00 | Report Abuse

long live obama!!! long live obama!!!

bing

3,794 posts

Posted by bing > 2014-04-27 22:04 | Report Abuse

So when is the due date of unfairly? !

air01557

2,511 posts

Posted by air01557 > 2014-04-27 22:10 | Report Abuse

Another thing to take note :
This statement from Obama will NOT make headlines in our newspapers.

bing

3,794 posts

Posted by bing > 2014-04-27 22:22 | Report Abuse

Something spoken by Obama will sensor in newspaper?

air01557

2,511 posts

Posted by air01557 > 2014-04-27 22:25 | Report Abuse

Our headlines will instead highlight on Bus accident, case ROGOL lah !

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-04-27 22:28 | Report Abuse

icon gor. American is the taikor of the earth planet mah. what they say carries weight. they control the world. like it or not.

everyone has to follow them directly or indirectly. without american. we r still in dark ages. think at their contribution dont just look at them on afgan or iraq. their contribution to the world is far outweight the bad.

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-04-27 22:30 | Report Abuse

our headlines would be, let me guess. Obama praise malaysia for the effort in world peace.
2nd headlines. headlines in other smaller paper.
Ah beng utang along. along go spray red paint at home
3rd headlines, bandar abc no water yet.

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-04-27 22:35 | Report Abuse

sorry i dont understand bahasa except the very simple one.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-04-27 22:35 | Report Abuse

I think I have expressed enough opinions here. But this kind of topics very divisive. I will delete my posts shortly. I not keen to be entangled in heated political discussions.

I3 is an investment forum

Sorry for the outbursts just now, everybody. Let's live together and love each other as brothers and sisters (all races)

I love Malaysia !!

Posted by SaturnRevolution > 2014-04-27 22:36 | Report Abuse

We were not born yesterday and have independence for 50+ years. The race relation and situation is worst than before. If in the earlier years we have the term Muhibbah and children are not expose to the differences in race, today the children are ensured they know the diffences.
Obama has every right to comment as he too comes from a country of multiracial and have experience racial riots. Similarly, if we expect the problem to solve on its own, we too are in denial. The situation with Utusan, Perkasa openly expressing racist remarks and go unpunished is already a proof of weak regime and practicing oppressive management without ethic. It is abysmall that no effort was put in to improve race relation and act impartially on sedition for both side of divide

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-04-27 22:36 | Report Abuse

ya it was. and it is still. tell me another country that has done more than them to humanity?

Posted by SaturnRevolution > 2014-04-27 22:42 | Report Abuse

Optimus is right!
Treat humanitarian and religion and countries separately.
When crisis happens any where in the world,ask yourself whether it's humanitarian help or religious help that comes most?

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-04-27 22:48 | Report Abuse

american has been setting standards in safety, accountability and technology, health, medical standards to the world and they r not stopping.
if u been to california u would know what i mean.

hate american, boycott them, by not using google, facebook, microsoft, apple, oh, www. internet. dont eat medicine, dont travel bcos boeing manufactured by them infact they invented airplanes. car.
so dont drive car. dont use handphone la, motorola invented handphone.
aiyo i cannot finish la.

air01557

2,511 posts

Posted by air01557 > 2014-04-27 22:48 | Report Abuse

Another thing that I notice:
Those heavily involved in the Share Market dont bother about their fellow "NONS" being kicked about, unfairly treated, jailed for standing up & speaking for their rights etc.
They prefer to praise the gomen so that the Share Market is artificially held up and their investments are safe.

bing

3,794 posts

Posted by bing > 2014-04-27 23:16 | Report Abuse

So many flag!

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-04-27 23:23 | Report Abuse

This applies to any society or country in this globalized but rapidly shrinking society where cultures collide through the internet, smartphones...

Opportunities must be given to all irrespective of ethnicity, cultural background, food preferences, religious orientation, colour, creed, etc with the ultimate objective of openly inviting willing participation, creating an environment for a society that respects the principles of justice, rule of law, democracy , civil liberties, and getting the best and brightest talents to come forth, be entrepreneurial, working as a team to create employment opportunities , assume leadership roles, take charge, manage and influence the process which creates better opportunities for every generation living in the society/country.

The ultimate challenge and responsibility for any leader in any society or country is to Bring people together rather than drive them apart.

This inclusiveness approach creates far greater value against the "Divide and Rule Policy which is sub-optimal " as evidenced in all societies/countries that practised such "Divide and Rule Policy" in this globalised world where the quality of life, employment opportunities, the economic wellbeing of every generation deteriorates over time for societies/countries that practised such "divide and Rule Policies that had resulted in sub optimal returns for its people."

Posted by sense maker > 2014-04-28 00:17 | Report Abuse

Discrimination on any ground is wrong. Period.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2014-04-28 07:19 | Report Abuse

If children are not properly bought up and trained well, thinking they are privileged people will not have the willpower and determination to overcome future challenges and real life when the grow up,making them less competitive in society especially at working place.That is the price you got to pay for discrimination in any soceity.

optimus8

405 posts

Posted by optimus8 > 2014-04-28 07:26 | Report Abuse

goodla, let them think they are privileged and when they go oversea they r laughing stocks lo.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-04-28 08:25 | Report Abuse

Ya .. you are right! already one.

USApg

783 posts

Posted by USApg > 2014-04-28 14:21 | Report Abuse

Mahathir should listen it... Let us together post this article on mahathir facebook!!!

dawlim

17 posts

Posted by dawlim > 2014-04-28 15:13 | Report Abuse

Yeah..Obama and the world also know. Good or good....

alphajack

3,685 posts

Posted by alphajack > 2014-04-29 02:15 | Report Abuse

Yea very true, when I was abroad in Dartmouth I took this class on racial policies and one of the chapter in the class book was dedicated to systematic racial discrimination guess what- it's happening in our country Malaysia. In that chapter, these Malays were bred and raised to feel that they have a sense of 'entitlement' over the other races and thus the evil cycle begins. There are no other way we can overcome this, and as a wise man said, success is the best revenge, let us ravage this land and continue to dominate the wealth while China rises slowly as the regional hegemon of Asia. Chinese people everywhere can thrive even with dire circumstances, look at the Chinese in San Fran and New York, they have all come a long way to being the model minority in the United States.

Posted by dominiclim > 2014-04-29 02:25 | Report Abuse

The chineses youth nowadays are pampered and preoccupied with modern luxury wasting their parents wealth. Its going to be gloomly futures for malaysians chineses especially now that chineses are sidelined from mainstream politics.

Posted by dominiclim > 2014-04-29 02:27 | Report Abuse

The current regime is more than happy that we chineses no longer hold any importance or decision making. During President Obama visit, no chineses ministers were visible. President Obama only see malay leaders during his whole visit.

Posted by dominiclim > 2014-04-29 02:34 | Report Abuse

Current regime agreeing to PAS Hudud law will see PAS and UMNO becoming dominant malay coalition and the end of us chineses in Malaysia. Eventually, we chineses will be regarded as super minority and with little voice in politic, economic and be force to accept main stream schools for our children.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-04-29 14:15 | Report Abuse

Reality will follow ones thinking and perception. If one thinks otherwise then it will be otherwise.

sabmong

59 posts

Posted by sabmong > 2014-04-29 15:48 | Report Abuse

Time is the essence come 2020

Post a Comment
Market Buzz