16 people like this.

179 comment(s). Last comment by Ken Lim 2015-08-30 14:53

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-15 21:44 | Report Abuse

Does anyone keep track of Mr.koon investment records for the past 3 -5 years?so that we can.all see and learn from a super investor.tq

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-15 21:49 | Report Abuse

He did mention earlier that he made lots of money from kulim wb few years ago...he also made a lot of money investi ng in hong Kong during 1997/98 till he managed to buy a security firm....if I m not mistaken.....

aqoanxsk

17 posts

Posted by aqoanxsk > 2014-07-15 23:31 | Report Abuse

tq Mr Tan KW & KC. useful

why can't the KYY do such response?

in US, major investor cannot make bold claim. must have proof. register at SEC. can track every Q filing - marketfolly.com

malaysia, just come to forum. make claim. = bible truth. *sigh*

tqvm

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2014-07-16 00:03 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, I have benefitted from your perspective on the Indian power plant scene. I hope that u will continue to write. If these kids bother u, please don't read their nonsense.

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-07-16 03:33 | Report Abuse

If i am 'lucky' to find out whats wrong on my investment, and 'lucky' to admitted my mistake & make myself cut loss on it, then Mr Koon is indeed, one 'unlucky' person.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-07-16 03:38 | Report Abuse

nice. being respectful is key to all wealth

Posted by lohman > Jul 15, 2014 11:49 AM | Report Abuse

There is nothing wrong with differing views. Different folks, different strokes. I don't agree with all KYY's views on stocks, or politics, for that matter, notwithstanding his investing experience or his grey hairs. We can all agree to disagree amicably. But to malign him unnecessarily is beyond bad manners. Though from a less confrontational generation, he has put up with it for a while, much more than I would. The cloak of anonymity on the internet seems to bring out the worst in some people. If it was a face to face meeting, I am sure many would refrain from displaying such ill manners.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-16 09:58 | Report Abuse

Let me use fishing as an analogy on share investments. KYY wants to teach you to fish so you can be self sufficient. He even identifies some edible species and suggests you use a rod, hook, line and sinker at the nearby river. However, people learn at different rates, have different skill sets, risk perceptions and so on. Some people, instead of hooking a fish, hook themselves due to inexperience or clumsiness! Some too excited ones fall into the river. Some fish in dangerous spots where there are crocodiles. But they may blame KYY for their mishaps instead of taking responsibility for themselves. No one can teach you how and when to execute correctly on the internet even in a simple sport like fishing. You learn through repeated real life experience.

Panda

26 posts

Posted by Panda > 2014-07-16 10:07 | Report Abuse

I feel sad yet another sifu being bashed here until leave i3.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-07-16 10:12 | Report Abuse

Admitting mistake is Being Very Conscious about what is Not Right.

Price is a good Indicator. Anything wrong with the Price itself? Judge the mispricing more objectively. Don't jump to the conclusion that market is wrong and I am always Right.

1) Reasons behind the Down Trending, can I estimate the Forces?
2) How much effort has been put in everyday to push up prices But fail?
3) Can this time be different? Surely Nothing will change. What is the actual catalyst then?
4) Well, have i understood the Business at the first place Besides publicized figures?

TQ

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-07-16 10:22 | Report Abuse

YES, before going out for fishing, we Better tell people first there might be crocodile, thunder storm, bad weather, your boat might sink and you might get nothing today and you have to come back tomorrow.

chenkx

95 posts

Posted by chenkx > 2014-07-16 10:56 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, i have been reading your post and notice that you seem to like plantation stocks. May i know why Dutaland , wtih a PE of 12.04 and NAB 0.98 doesn't seem to be in your recommendation yet.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2014-07-16 11:09 | Report Abuse

prices may not reflex the actual net worth of the company. the company
may be great ( rich in assets valuations ) but the controlling shareholders are deem too conservative or the free float is limited )
the price may not moved and you need to hold on to this type of counter for a long time. there is no right or wrong in any style of investing ( as long trade you trade within your means )

the mega bank merger between CIMB-RHB- MBSB is a good case studies. with a bigger balanced sheet. the enlarged bank will have ample opportunities for more acquisition. CIMB is down but RHB is up. ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2014-07-16 11:36 | Report Abuse

ABOUT SHARE PRICES ? U NEED UNDERSTAND THIS THEORY LOH....!!

1) EFFICIENT MARKET
ALL FUNDAMENTAL OF THE COMPANY IS REFLECTED IN THE SHARE PRICE...IE GOOD SHARE GOOD VALUATION & BAD SHARE POOR VALUATION LOH....!!
GENERALLY MOST SHARE PRICE WILL REFLECT SOME OF EFFICIENCY MAH...!!
HOWEVER THE MARKET DUE TO PRECULIAR NATURE SOMETIME DO NOT REFLECT COMPLETE EFFICIENCY.....THERE IS HOW THE VALUE OR MARGIN OF SAFETY OR CONTRAIAN INVESTOR WILL COME IN AND PLAY A ROLE LOH....!!

2) THE THEORY OF MR MARKET
VALUE INVESTOR WILL SELL OVERVALUE & BUY UNDERVALUE STOCK LOH...!!
THEREFORE COMPANY THAT DO NOT REFLECT THE TRUE FUNDAMENTAL WILL GIVE VALUE INVESTOR TO MAKE MONIES LOH....!!
THE KEY FOR VALUE INVESTOR IS STOCK VALUATION V SHARE PRICE LOH...!!
HOW BIG IS THE MARGIN OF SAFETY LOH.....!!

aqoanxsk

17 posts

Posted by aqoanxsk > 2014-07-16 21:23 | Report Abuse

interesting. tq. tq. very good.

Fat Cat most right ... must admitted loss and cutt loss. or else how?

head-in-sand cannot lorrr..... as mr stockoperator say might be crocodile. maybe KYY. other sifu. care must.

tqvm

ryan78

176 posts

Posted by ryan78 > 2014-07-17 20:15 | Report Abuse

John F Kennedy father's(Joseph Kennedy) famous phrase about stock wisdom:

“You know it’s time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips. This bull market is over.”

It was Winter time in 1928, father of President John F. Kennedy, went to the cobbler to have his shoes polished. When the shoe polisher(shoe shine boy) completed his dues he offered Kennedy a stock tip. “Go buy Hindeburg - Good one"

Kennedy quickly sold off all of his stock holdings. Within a year America saw a massive stock market crash that wiped out the life savings of millions of Americans with the Great Depression.

Lesson of the day? Noises and suggestions you hear are often late tips or traps to lure the public and independent/individual investors to pump in money. When you hear: BUY! You know the big time players are already planning for profit taking in the near future.

Shoe shine boy hints are more dangerous calls than anything else.
Today it's more complicated. The shoe shine boy could be your Hollywood star or famous celbrity with bowties, neck ribbons and PhDs paid to do PR for the invisible tycoons.

Remember someone's lost is another man's gain.The man who took profit could be in the same boat collaborating as the guy who told you to go in and fell for the trap.

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-07-17 21:13 | Report Abuse

it only work if those people are stupid enough to fall into the trap. Mr koon is a businessman, and businessman is famous for their sneakiness, george soros once said : I was a human being before I became a businessman , business world is like battlefield, it is either you die or i die, most businessman knew this. why facebook is free? chicken must be thinking : why the farmer so nice to us, they feed us, they provide a safe place for us, they so nice... Remember, if you are not paying for it, you are the product. why so many 'experts' provide free analysis to all of you? some might have kind intention, but 95% is try to trick you, thats just how the world work.
brace yourself, shitstorm is coming.. kikikiki

Ayoyo

379 posts

Posted by Ayoyo > 2014-07-23 21:37 | Report Abuse

Someone posts a stock recommendation, some see it as an opportunity for knowledge while others will see it as an intent with ulterior motive by the author. See the problem?

The problem is not with the author but with the interpretation of that event by the individual and this vastly divisive interpretation is the cause of all the sorrows, wars and fights in this world.

Why can't we see and appreciate that we have a very good platform and authors in i3 to share knowledge and that a good or bad posting is a lesson to be learnt in its own right? The question is, are you conscious or this lesson or simply, blinded by the follies and pains of your past trades and fear of the future losses to be oblivious to such rich education?

I trade for a living and have been trading very profitably with my momentum trading style, but this was achieved after many painful lessons of losses and more losses. But the one thing I had was persistence and perseverance and each loss was an opportunity not to make the same mistake (or even if I make the same mistake, I make sure it's smaller than before).

Look! The day one can realize that trading, like in so many other life pursuits out there is a battle between you and yourself and that YOU MUST CHANGE THE WAY YOU SEE THINGS, AND THE THINGS YOU SEE WILL THEN CHANGE

It is good to be cautious but not to the extent that negativity consumes you into submitting to its reality that everyone in this world is evil. The day that happens is the day one stops learning and leads to an undesirable outcome

To one question whether one should cut loss, whether one is trading short term or investing for the long haul, if you have confidence in your system, temporary blips in stock prices are simply events that occur within your realm of events. If the same reason why the stock the stock was purchased had not changed, you sit rock solid on your position

Bottom line, win the battle with yourself and the war is won. The outside world is simply a reflection of your own thoughts and manifestations. You want a positive outcome, manifest that in you and your thoughts

chenkx

95 posts

Posted by chenkx > 2014-07-23 21:55 | Report Abuse

well said.

klsetitan

143 posts

Posted by klsetitan > 2014-07-24 02:31 | Report Abuse

Learning takes many forms, some focus on good points n forgives others not so successful investment or mistake n make it a reminder to him/herself while others like to find fault n keep hammering that particular point (with good or bad intention). One doesnt have to b critical of others' mistakes/ degrade others js to prove he/she is better or "has a point". I have been a side reader in i3 n I do really appreciate those who are willing to share their knowledge, trading experiences n investment notably LC, OTB (another victim of abuse in i3), Tan KW, Calvin, 糊涂, icon888 and many2 more. Pls stop chasing away others in this forum by being disrespectful to others. Whilst learning from others posts, we must appreciate others efforts n respect their views ( u don't have to agree if u do not, but don't be persistently hammering others) appreciate if you could pls respect others. Pls learn how discussions were conducted between sense maker n LC when they debated. I benefited from their discussion "so what is this enterprise value" even thou both do not agree with each other. Both are right to me js that they analise thing base on individual experience. We all know when to stop a discussion. From my observation till to date, most of OTB's pick are all correct, and those who r critical of his picks u shd learn more frm his previous posts. What a great lost to all of us when someone like him no longer share his pick n most importantly the methods he used to pick a stock!! Most of them time those who criticized the most are those who contribute none to the forum..

Posted by Teoh Boon Leong > 2014-07-25 08:23 | Report Abuse

Experience talk

TanDavid88

1,074 posts

Posted by TanDavid88 > 2014-07-25 11:23 |

Post removed.Why?

speakup

25,068 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-07-25 11:26 | Report Abuse

where's the Hari Raya rally?

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2014-07-26 00:15 | Report Abuse

Nobody’s perfect. Don’t expect perfection from those you are making deals with or from yourself. Be willing to make mistakes now and then. Warren said, “I make plenty of mistakes and I’ll make plenty more mistakes, too. That’s part of the game. You’ve just got to make sure that the right things overcome the wrong ones.” - Warren Buffett

aqoanxsk

17 posts

Posted by aqoanxsk > 2014-07-26 00:19 | Report Abuse

much trading philosophy from ayoyo .. tq tq

but KYY still talking Holland tactics. no momentum. no good.

why everyone must quote WB? make own history laaa

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2014-07-26 08:59 | Report Abuse

You don't have to think of everything. It was Isaac Newton who said, 'I've seen a little more in the world because I stood on the shoulders of giants.' There is nothing wrong with standing on other people’s shoulders.

mokkam

15 posts

Posted by mokkam > 2014-07-30 09:51 | Report Abuse

Good thought II sometimes its who we follow that brings success n KYY has proven himself

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2014-07-30 17:05 | Report Abuse

Super rich & successful investors/traders, shouldn't be too bothered by harsh opinions heap upon them. After all, they are the ones who are making tonnes of money almost every year. I'm sure the worst for them is, 'crying all the way to the bank'! While, for many of us have to struggle just to make a decent living. People like KYY, should know that there are many of us who know how to treasure whats precious - just ignore those who don't.

mokkam

15 posts

Posted by mokkam > 2014-08-03 02:35 | Report Abuse

KYY is big hearted I follow his advice n made money I hope he will continue the good work

jeff 7839

50 posts

Posted by jeff 7839 > 2014-08-03 11:35 | Report Abuse

Dear KYY, do what you feel is right and ignore those out to vex you. I wish you well.

mokkam

15 posts

Posted by mokkam > 2014-08-05 06:08 | Report Abuse

I agree your further advice on plantations is most welcome

vijay

3 posts

Posted by vijay > 2014-08-08 16:19 | Report Abuse

DearKYY, ignore the noise and do continue with your advice.

500plus

37 posts

Posted by 500plus > 2014-08-08 16:48 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon, JTiasa RM 2.30. Were you selling?

aqoanxsk

17 posts

Posted by aqoanxsk > 2014-08-08 19:11 | Report Abuse

Koon man of word. say no post, will no post.

believe cannot resist i3 ... maybe post?

Posted by Kevin Wong > Jul 30, 2014 05:05 PM | Report Abuse
Super rich & successful investors/traders, shouldn't be too bothered by harsh opinions heap upon them.

so why sensitive? no make sense. mybe losing shirt XQ?

ycbang

468 posts

Posted by ycbang > 2014-08-08 23:01 |

Post removed.Why?

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-10 17:58 | Report Abuse

Why should KYY post here anymore? I would'nt if I were he. It is a thankless task. You try to teach others to be better investors with the best of intentions but there are just too many wild juveniles, the challenged and intellectually handicapped, near basket cases, fringe elements, mild psychotics and the like expecting you to serve free meals unfailingly, rain or shine, with no effort on their part to contribute or to understand the free lessons given. Hey, KYY is no magician; he is a 80 plus year old fallible human who has feelings too.

homosapien

102 posts

Posted by homosapien > 2014-08-10 18:17 | Report Abuse

MR KYY, i had noticed that u have bought a substantial amount of MFCB and are top 30 shareholder. May i know the reason u bought it as so far i cant get any recommendation/research by any stockbroker ..

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-08-10 18:23 | Report Abuse

MFCB

Its Salient Factors

1) High NTA as a Margin of Safety

2) Reasonable P/E. A Good Growth Stock

3) Defensive Power Projects like MUDAJAYA

4) Added Value It has Taken RCI private years back - a silica brick manufacturer - will benefit from Construction Boom & ETP

5) MFCB Is a Laggard. Ripe for Capital Exercise like Giving Bonus Issue, Share Split & Free Warrants. And Distribution of Treasury Shares Will Unlock Value For Share Holders. MFCB Is A Definite Buy!

homosapien

102 posts

Posted by homosapien > 2014-08-10 18:24 | Report Abuse

thanks calvintenang...

homosapien

102 posts

Posted by homosapien > 2014-08-10 18:25 | Report Abuse

i am hoping to get a reply from sifu KYY..:)

Myojo

1 posts

Posted by Myojo > 2014-08-10 18:35 |

Post removed.Why?

homosapien

102 posts

Posted by homosapien > 2014-08-10 18:38 | Report Abuse

price fluctuation is normal ...if no price fluctuation, hard to get profit...

rlch

4,126 posts

Posted by rlch > 2014-08-10 19:19 | Report Abuse

homosapien, MFCB as I know many of their directors are selling because to take profit. Most Mr Koon shares are bought at high price except Jtiasa(got take profit?) for this year.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-08-10 19:26 | Report Abuse

scanned keyword: sell. hihihi - sell others, buy esceram, ahb and tmclife kikikiii

rlch

4,126 posts

Posted by rlch > 2014-08-10 19:27 | Report Abuse

Sorry Mr Koon if you read my post. You also bought Swk Plantation and Mudajaya(RM2.40) at low price.

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2014-08-10 23:11 | Report Abuse

Everyone has it's strength n has made calculated risks or frame up its boundary of judgegemental prior to make the move, more or less they would have estimate the future results based on the current scenario to expect the desirable output.. Therefore time will tell and the passage To attainment would be painful without proper mindset n mental strength.., cheers that's my 2 cents view.

vinext

117 posts

Posted by vinext > 2014-10-22 03:07 | Report Abuse

i've known this webpage for a long time but only join lately because of mr koon.
Too bad i didnt know much abt other i notice the work of KC CHONG, there's a weakness in his NET NET method i spotted.
Anyway, i've met with Mr Koon be4,his return is abt 26%compounded for 30yrs.
His answer for XQ is simple,he cant sell cuz it moves the mkt, if u r smart,u shud know the answer. U can quit and find ur next 4-5baggers.
Best way to invest is to find a growth stock at below EV, no debt, low PE, with moat of cost advantage, buy at a correction, crash, or watever ,eg: last 2wks, mkt soften,
ignore it for many yrs.
1 eg is TSH, it is not cheap now but it qualifies for all the criteria except MOAT.
It's the lowest cost operator with highest FFB yield/ha, no2 is klk, no3 is ioi.
OER is 21%,also top 3. But not cheap. Last 5yrs it grew the FFB at 34% CAGR.
since 1998, it returns 30times, pbb, kulim dialog matched this return, dialog probably did much better though

vinext

117 posts

Posted by vinext > 2014-10-22 03:58 | Report Abuse

http://www.ijm.com/web/download/ijmstory_3.pdf
abt the companies he founded

vinext

117 posts

Posted by vinext > 2014-10-24 14:39 | Report Abuse

if price lag too hard behind intrinsic value, it's wrong not to buy. But not to sell but to continue hugging on a garbage is wrong,u r better off if u sell the loser and buy the tomorrow's star. If u hold on to SMI or OLYMPIA since 1998, u get $0 for holding smi now and <5% of wat u paid for. Instead if u sell them when they shot up for a few times in 2000s,and buy winner like TSH, Kulim, Hartalega, KPJ, Zhulian, Uchi Tech, Aeon Cr,Daibochi, scientex, HPi, u would hv 400-500% returns or 12,000% for Hartalega)
based on last point, u shud sell ur Xing Quan instead on harping on this issue and teasing the old man who has contributed much

unityboy

10 posts

Posted by unityboy > 2015-03-03 18:06 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon, you have my utmost admiration.

Ken Lim

166 posts

Posted by Ken Lim > 2015-08-30 14:53 | Report Abuse

Mr.Koon
Regret that I am too young and doesn't have the chance to meet you for a job
I believe in you
Because Director of gamuda was one of my friend's father!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz