4 people like this.

17 comment(s). Last comment by Up_down 2014-12-24 23:50

moven00

705 posts

Posted by moven00 > 2014-12-20 23:20 | Report Abuse

Thank you for the sharing. History doesn't repeat but it does rhyme.
From bottom of my heart....."THANK YOU"

1007lsl

164 posts

Posted by 1007lsl > 2014-12-21 04:34 | Report Abuse

BURSA DUMMY
You are a walking dictionary
yet so humble in your writing

D WISE MAN

Do write more often & share your WISDOM

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2014-12-21 06:37 | Report Abuse

BursaDummy: Very great writing and you must have taken few hours to get the raw data for the writing. Salute you. Thank you very much for your contribution.

I like the last 3 lines the most:

"If it becomes better, then it's nice.

If it becomes worse, then it's opportunity.

But you need to have enough CASH."

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-12-21 17:21 | Report Abuse

Dummy for Bursa, have you think why the demand for crude palm oil depleting?

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2014-12-22 14:58 | Report Abuse

Investors invest when they see value, while speculators forecast mart directions.. The former are in stocks for the long haul, while the latter are into mart outsmarting/timing!

albert88

40 posts

Posted by albert88 > 2014-12-22 15:00 | Report Abuse

Kevin, u talk like u are long term investor but in fact you are not......

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2014-12-22 15:42 | Report Abuse

albert88, i'm trying to be a long term investor. I admit that i only have been fully invested in KLSE only since 2010. I believe that to be a long term investor, one should stay invested for at least 10 years. So i have another 6 more years to go before i can...

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-22 23:08 | Report Abuse

2015 is going to be tough for investors/specualtors. You can be cash rich now but can still lose it all because of wrong calls. For those who are fully invested now can also lose it all if prices suddenly take a high dive and not coming up for air for a long long time. So how?

calvintaneng

53,341 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-22 23:53 | Report Abuse

Year 2015 will be tough for
oil and gas companies
palm oil and rubber (both will be hit by falling crude oil prices- biodisel hit by crude oil while rubber hit by synthetic rubber)
banks, property counters will also be impacted indirectly

What to invest?

1) All logistic & transport will benefit from cheaper petrol
2) All tourism businesses will prosper due to cheap ringgit
3) Companies that use a lot of plastic, bitument, polymer and rubber. Especially those that export oversea
4) Electronic that export to Usa.
5) Food industries that use a lot of palm oil substitute for butter.
6) Other industries that Greatly Use Oil And Oil Related products
7) All other recession proof businesses

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2015

2015 will be a tough year. A year for careful stock selection.

Remember - return OF capital more important than return ON capital.

kimkowlee

562 posts

Posted by kimkowlee > 2014-12-22 23:57 | Report Abuse

Any prediction big market crash in USA n klse, 2015, 2016?

calvintaneng

53,341 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-23 00:06 | Report Abuse

Buy those stocks that survived and even prospered during the Great Depression of 1929 -1939

Which were the stocks that did well during the worst of times?

To find out read this book

HARD TIMES

Testimonies of people who lived through THE GREAT DEPRESSION YEARS

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2014-12-23 10:04 | Report Abuse

Billionaire investors like Fisher & Bogle advocates investors to have a well diversified fully invested portfolio of quality and growth stocks at all times. Some of these very successful long term investors even believe that the best time to sell - is never!
How many people have become $billionaires by mart outsmarting/timing? Isn't the long term investment strategy, the most successful method?
In fact, most billionaire stock market investors have warned against mkt timing, as its not only futile but also foolhardy! Maybe that's why they are the wealthy ones, not me!!!

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2014-12-24 11:53 | Report Abuse

Wishing all a Merry Christmas
and prosperous new year!

gnailmihk

17 posts

Posted by gnailmihk > 2014-12-24 12:48 | Report Abuse

2015-2016 will likely see global monetary reset. Oil is still oil but the pricing mechanism through futures contract has broken down. G7 countries are all bankrupt technically and trying to inflate their way out by printing money. FED, ECB and BOJ now take turn to inflate their money supply, i.e defaulting their debt. So be careful with "cash". The dollar system is having big issue now, wonder the US silence on the "debt ceiling debate"? why BRICS bank start operate 1st Jan? Why Ruble crashed in 2 days? US in recovery? FED can raise rate with US debt at 18trillion? Why BOJ launches QE while the FED stop? ....These are the problems we in ASIA must considered, we have been attacked by the dollar regime again, for dollar to look good, other currencies must suffer. Putting full faith in the western sources like bloomberg, reuter for future investment shall be considered a risk for asian....so trade accordingly.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2014-12-24 13:06 | Report Abuse

WE WILL BE HAVING THE MOST WORST FLOOD DISASTER IN THE WHOLE HISTORY .... BOH CA$$HH CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

1007lsl

164 posts

Posted by 1007lsl > 2014-12-24 22:23 | Report Abuse

leno
may i quote what you have said
WE WILL BE HAVING THE MOST WORST FLOOD DISASTER IN THE WHOLE HISTORY...BOH CAS$HH
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when sunami appears SUDDENLY
TRY TO RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
usually is tooooo late

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2014-12-24 23:50 | Report Abuse

Who do you think you are? Nobody is able predict the market movement. We are long term investors........There are too many reasons for staying in the market. It's not easy to get rid of opium addiction lor. Kikiki

Post a Comment
Market Buzz