3 people like this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by kcchongnz 2015-03-29 18:43

ks55

3,486 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-03-01 18:46 | Report Abuse

Growth stock vs cyclic stock.
Investment grade stock vs trading stock.
FA vs TA.
Value investor vs speculator.
Please weigh pro and con.

If serious about investment, convert all non parametric indicators into parametric indicators. All analysis should end with SWOT, and the probability to achieve desired outcome.

Posted by fortunecheat > 2015-03-01 21:23 | Report Abuse

Oh my god... Pintaras and London Biscuits again....

Dong Yer

46 posts

Posted by Dong Yer > 2015-03-02 11:43 | Report Abuse

Thanks very much for your article, I learn a lot from it.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-03-02 13:29 | Report Abuse

Posted by fortunecheat > Mar 1, 2015 09:23 PM | Report Abuse

Oh my god... Pintaras and London Biscuits again....

There are different people posting different things and messages in a public forum like this.

1)People who tell you to buy this stock and that stock. Some keep telling you to buy certain stocks, and some tell you new stocks every time. Just follow that and you don't have to know why.

Sometimes the best stocks to buy could be ones that you own and know very well, whenever it is.

2) Some reproduce analysts reports on stock picks here for you to follow. Some are good and some seem to have their own agenda. Bear in mind that the best person to depend on in investing is your own self.

3) Some write articles about certain stocks with quite detail analysis. They are many good ones. Of course there are some not so good one too.If you want to follow in the hope to make money,follow those good ones who have no agenda behind, and you may make some money.

4) Some just post some educational articles for sharing and learning purposes. If you want stock picks, especially new stock picks everyday, these are not for you and you don't have to waste your time to read.

5) Some people post comments, just to antagonize or hantam people without any basis. They seem to get fun out of it. Well this type of comments from this group of people is unproductive.

6) Etc

I put myself in group 4 as seriously I have no stock tips,not good at all in that. In using examples for education and learning purpose, one has to make use of the best examples, of one knows, and Pintaras and London Biscuits are some of the best examples and evergreen ones that I know. They are even good as MBA case studies as a good growth company and a very poor growth company, in my opinion. Well, I know only limited stocks in Bursa which I have to admit it.

As you always searching for stock picks to make money, you are just wasting your time to read my articles as they are not meant for it, and even comment on them. Stay away from these articles for your own sake. I have no such "noble intention" to help you to make money.

But for those who are interested in my articles, I think there must be some as I have read many encouraging comments such as one below, I am happy about that especially if you can give some constructive comments. These people may learn some good fishing skill, and I may learn from them too.

Posted by Dong Yer > Mar 2, 2015 11:43 AM | Report Abuse

Thanks very much for your article, I learn a lot from it.

Posted by fortunecheat > 2015-03-02 19:52 | Report Abuse

Relaxed... no need for such lengthy response.. I was just teasing you.

The reasons I like to harass u is because I notice that you are quite harsh to other forum members.

Do we really need to be so rude to others who have a different opinion ?

Can't we be a little bit nice and gentle ?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-03-03 07:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by fortunecheat > Mar 2, 2015 07:52 PM | Report Abuse

Relaxed... no need for such lengthy response.. I was just teasing you.

The reasons I like to harass u is because I notice that you are quite harsh to other forum members.

Do we really need to be so rude to others who have a different opinion ?

Can't we be a little bit nice and gentle ?

I apologize if I am too blunt in responding to comments but I don't think I am "rude". Please forgive me and continue to comment in my blog. A writer likes readers and comments, if not what is the point of writing?

However, there are many comments do not deserve "nice and gentle" response. Many of them are used as personal attack, not constructive comments. I am just "prescribing the right medicines for those kind of sickness".

I have no problem with your "teasing", or even "harass". Just "put your horses forward". No problem at all.

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-03-03 15:45 | Report Abuse

I like this phrase " Sometimes the best stocks to buy could be ones that you own and know very well, whenever it is "

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-03-03 15:47 | Report Abuse

佛在灵山莫远求,灵山只在汝心头, ( sometimes we are not aware the best is already in our possession, but still going far to seek for the best)

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-03-03 15:57 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr kcchong,

EVM = EV/EBIT, is it ok to exclude the depreciation and amortization in the calculatin?

please kindly enlighten me .thank you

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-03-03 16:14 | Report Abuse

apini,

Ebit already minus off the cost of D&A. If you want to ignore D&A, meaning not less off the D&A cost, use EV/Ebitda.

I don't normally use Ebitda as D&A is a real cost to do business.

Warren Buffett, in a prescient note to shareholders in Berkshire Hathaway’s 2000 annual report, said: “References to Ebitda make us shudder.” Too many investors focus on earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. That makes sense, he said, only if you think capital expenditures are funded by the tooth fairy.

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-03-03 17:19 | Report Abuse

thank you very much Mr kcchong, although I have joined your on-line course ,I still had gained a lot of useful knowledge from your article to evaluate a stock before I make a decision to buy or sell .esp the the magic formula. thank you very much Mr Kcchong.
Good health

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-03-29 18:43 | Report Abuse

"KC, how come I don't see any stock recommendation from you nowadays?"

That was the question posted to me during a lunch meet with a couple investment banker friends recently in Empire Shopping Gallery.

Sigh, I am just a small time retail investor and I realy don't know the business of so many listed companies in Bursa. I have limited analytical skill as well as limited information.

I was actually surprised recently to see my articles of Homeritz, Kumpulan Fima and Pintaras Jaya etc which were posted in i3investor appeared in "What is buzzing" in The Edge Magazine.

So may be what apini said below are true to a certain extent.

Posted by apini > Mar 3, 2015 03:45 PM | Report Abuse

I like this phrase " Sometimes the best stocks to buy could be ones that you own and know very well, whenever it is "

Posted by apini > Mar 3, 2015 03:47 PM | Report Abuse

佛在灵山莫远求,灵山只在汝心头, ( sometimes we are not aware the best is already in our possession, but still going far to seek for the best)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz