8 people like this.

115 comment(s). Last comment by timetokoon 2015-11-22 10:19

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2015-07-25 08:20 | Report Abuse

Uncle, congrats. Lots of respects & high regards for you. Thanks for sharing. Wish you good health for many years to come.

Ny036

714 posts

Posted by Ny036 > 2015-07-25 08:43 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, At current country condition, do you have any share recommended to buy in. Dun mind share some of your thought n view with us. Thanks for your article.

goreng_kaki

1,909 posts

Posted by goreng_kaki > 2015-07-25 08:56 | Report Abuse

I on behalf of those staff and investor thank you your support...

I will invest at my on risk and won't blame you like those loser from mudajaya, jtiasa etc....

cherry88

978 posts

Posted by cherry88 > 2015-07-25 09:28 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon, I noticed you did not talk much about your remaining 2 stocks holding - Poh Huat and XinQuan. Can share your thought especially XinQuan which has fallen to multi-year low recently ? I also noticed you own 4.3% XinQuan shares based on its latest annual report. Thanks

voonyoke

1,036 posts

Posted by voonyoke > 2015-07-25 10:11 | Report Abuse

Thanks , Uncle Koon. Please keep sharing your opinion and ignore other people's negative view. I am appreciated with your sharing.

m00077

426 posts

Posted by m00077 > 2015-07-25 11:05 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon Yew Yin, can you share with me and readers of i3investor why you select Xinquan because I am also interested in this counter.

m00077

426 posts

Posted by m00077 > 2015-07-25 11:16 | Report Abuse

All the Chinaman companies listed in Bursa shows very good balance sheet, but the balance sheet account is doubtful because may be the accounting standard or method is different from Malaysia and all the company's share price is terribly low compare to IPO price (initial offer price). Any comment on this Mr Koon Yew Yin?

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-07-25 11:20 | Report Abuse

No offence to you Mr Koon, since you are the significant shareholder for all 3 counters you claim credit for, and it is no small amount at 10%, don't you think your success is partly due to you buying up shares in these counters? I mean, these are small caps with limited liquidity, for you to collect 10% from the open market, your purchases are probably partly responsible for the fantastic rise in price. Isn't that a bit illogical then, that your boast is partly the result of your own action rather than the market's affirmation of your analysis? Having said that, here's a question, can you exit any of the 3 counters without a significant drop in price? I know the answer lah, I guess as much...

Johnnys

759 posts

Posted by Johnnys > 2015-07-25 11:28 | Report Abuse

Dear KKY, please comment about poh huat why the profit margin is so low compare to other furniture company.

voonyoke

1,036 posts

Posted by voonyoke > 2015-07-25 11:35 | Report Abuse

soojinhou, please read the sharing thoroughly. Uncle Koon had already shared with us as an business partner, he is reluctant to sell unless there is a decrease of profit in 2 consecutive quarters. We don't know how low the price that Uncle Koon had bought in, so we cannot assume that Uncle Koon had pushed up the price. It may or may not that Uncle Koon had bought in all the shares in a very low price. Therefore, we cannot make assumption on this. Also, these 3 stocks price up a lot recently. For example, Latitude, up more than 10% just in 2 days this week. How you explain this? Due to buying up by Uncle Koon?

voonyoke

1,036 posts

Posted by voonyoke > 2015-07-25 11:46 | Report Abuse

fortunebullz, why you always tried to find out the bad things from other people? Just do your own study and invest. We have to thank other people for their sharing. Invest on our own risk.

chonghai

478 posts

Posted by chonghai > 2015-07-25 11:57 | Report Abuse

Xinquan is a mistake by Mr Koon. When it comes to China company , there is no way to evaluate because you cannot trust their financial statement. I advise everyone to stay away. Cannot really blame Mr Koon for this mistake because on paper Xinquan looks very good, in fact too good to be true.

chonghai

478 posts

Posted by chonghai > 2015-07-25 11:59 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, I will not trust you 100% but I like to read your articles. Please keep sharing.

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-07-25 12:21 | Report Abuse

Load of bulls!!

How to believe you?!

You are practically saying you have foreseen the depreciation of the RM vs USD to 3.8+ some 2 years ago...

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-07-25 12:22 | Report Abuse

"We don't know how low the price that Uncle Koon had bought in, so we cannot assume that Uncle Koon had pushed up the price."

Huh? I don't know what school of investment thought you came from, but for me and I think everyone else, ANY purchases push up the price, and similarly ANY sales push down the price. So it is not a matter of whether Mr Koon has push up the price, but rather a matter of how much the price movement is due to Mr Koon's buying.

Like I say, I bear no ill will towards Mr Koon. He can boast all he wants if that makes him feel good. I'm just questioning the logic behind attributing the success of an investment by the claimant who is also an aggressive buyer. Still, I hope Mr Koon good health and hope he writes more informative articles rather than these superficial ones.

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-07-25 12:24 | Report Abuse

When are you going to tell... ??

Blog: Willingness to learn from past mistakes - Koon Yew Yin
Jul 24, 2015 01:17 PM | Report Abuse

Mr Koon.. now that you have admitted you are human after all and have made mistakes.. can you kindly share how badly you were burnt by Jaya Tiasa and Mudajaya... how many millions lost?? how costly the lessons??

It is a bit sadistic I know.. but seeing you brunt will go a long way to appease a lot of people... especially murali

So.. do tell..

goreng_kaki

1,909 posts

Posted by goreng_kaki > 2015-07-25 12:32 | Report Abuse

Haters everywhere ,losers everywhere.....

smetrader

97 posts

Posted by smetrader > 2015-07-25 12:41 | Report Abuse

fortunebullz, you said Mr Koon the method of selection came from OTB How sure are you on this? I think a lot of ppl could be sharing the same accounting analysis. Why don't you say OTB learn from Mr Koon?

sell

2,429 posts

Posted by sell > 2015-07-25 12:46 | Report Abuse

So many blogs created for his stocks. All the push using his own fund? Can still trust KYY after what happen to Jayatiasa and Mudajaya?

smetrader

97 posts

Posted by smetrader > 2015-07-25 12:48 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 n Moi, think both of you r dead agst Mr Koon. It is a waste of my time trying to reply.God bless you if you have a brain.

voonyoke

1,036 posts

Posted by voonyoke > 2015-07-25 12:48 | Report Abuse

Everyone got criticized. A lot of people also criticized OTB. No one is perfect. But we have to thank for those who keep on sharing their constructive view. Those who are not, we know you and will just always ignore you.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-07-25 12:55 | Report Abuse

Looked like debate heating up, I better pull out, ha ha

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-07-25 13:16 | Report Abuse

this old man initially I like him very much, respect him very much for his willingness to help the poor and the needy and his constructive view of the government malpractices.

now I have a total different view on this old man

I just do not understand why this old so hardworking keep on promoting the shares like latitude and vs after the price has already gone up 300% and more,

why not flbhad or gadang, matrix concept,favco... which are so cheap now and in term of valuation and yield, they are hundred times better than VS and latitude and also meet his selection criteria for growth

this old man together with his gang entered these counters around 2.00, and started promoting after the price has gone up 50% and now still saying there are cheap to buy,but the price already 5.00 or 7.00

may be he doesn't mean it is safe to enter now, but , to a newbie like me , it is exactly the massage he is telling me " STILL GOT ROOM TO GO, BUY QUICKLY"

this own man has money, together with his gang ,otb, peter yang and thousand of their subscribers and followers, with this powerful force,
you tell me ,which pariah counter can not move it to the sky.
share trading is a rich man game, a zero sum game, you gain I lose , I gain you lose, if you don't lose and i aslo don't lose, then the last one lose ALL

tell me FRANKLY, if you are sincere, are you going to warn us before you run?

you can tell me 100 reasons why should I? which idiot will tell you before he start running ? NO.
you can tell me I have no obligation to tell you, this is not the way to play the game ,I have to run first, My subscriber have to run first, the left over is you, I and my subscriber are laughing all the way to the bank

so in this world, there is no free lunch but many CRY-NO-TEAR !

if you believe future growth is the sole factor that determine its price, high dept never mind, CFO can not cover capital expenditure also never mind, just do another tipu, split it into 5 , just to make the price look cheaper and more attractive,more people willing to buy cheap but paid high, then I can tell the whole world 500 million to help the poor and needy.but many of us newbies has already left only underwear to to wear , may can't even afford to buy an underwear to wear, then your gang will say, it is GST, it is jib gor , I no point a gun at you to force you to buy.
you stupid, you did not do you your homework, you deserved no underwear to wear,I hahahaha... happy donating in front of the reoprter...

am I not telling the truth, you are free to correct me.

thank you

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-07-25 13:17 | Report Abuse

smetrader... go away.. k can speak for himself

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-07-25 13:20 | Report Abuse

Cannot sell without causing a drastic drop in the prices la...

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-07-25 13:34 | Report Abuse

By now K has realised this hype has been largely created by himself and himself alone...

and he has over committed...

and probably hear that the owners also wanted to get out now as it is too good to be true

Advertisement after advertisement now to try and sell... just like property companies

kwl8888

613 posts

Posted by kwl8888 > 2015-07-25 13:36 | Report Abuse

Both Mr. Koon and Mr. Ooi are giving wealth talk at Johor Bahru today till 6pm.
Pity that I'm unable to attend.

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-07-25 13:41 | Report Abuse

kwl.. no loss la... will be same stuff on these few companies like you seen here la

m00077

426 posts

Posted by m00077 > 2015-07-25 13:50 | Report Abuse

All the Chinaman share counters listed in Bursa are cheating Malaysian money. CSL and all other counters has huge Cash & equivalent (CSL has more than one billion ringgit but is under PN17). Check all the share of Chinaman companies listed in Bursa , all has a fantastic balance sheet and very huge amount of cash and equivalent but unble to give dividend, they give only once in several years when they themself needed it for some reasons..

Chinaboleh

687 posts

Posted by Chinaboleh > 2015-07-25 14:03 | Report Abuse

m00077 you are wrong on your statements. Xinghe and Xinquan do give dividend and trading at low PE just like KYY promoted export stocks. Other China stocks reward their shareholders with free warrant which can still be sold just like one earn dividend.

m00077

426 posts

Posted by m00077 > 2015-07-25 14:04 | Report Abuse

All China company accounting has problem may be due to their accounting method, there is no way to evaluate because you cannot trust their financial accounting statement. Like chonghai, I also advise everyone to stay away from china company, they are cheating malaysian money.

tanyuethan

354 posts

Posted by tanyuethan > 2015-07-25 14:10 | Report Abuse

Buy BCB. Breakout chart with IV 2.00

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-07-25 15:38 | Report Abuse

Believe me or not? I hold 80% plantation share of my total investment? Wakakakaka...laugh me die

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > Mar 29, 2014 09:14 AM | Report Abuse

Many readers want to know which plantation or any other share is best. I cannot tell for sure. But my choices are JT, Kulim, FGV, SOP, Sarawak Plant and TH Plant which formed about 80% of my total investment.

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-07-25 15:39 | Report Abuse

So how much JTiasa now? 1.49. So how to become super investor? All who follow koon can spend another 135.00 and listen to him again.

The price has been depressed for more than a year, since the bonus issue of 2 for every one share held. A few long term investors bought 15% of the total issued shares at Rm 7.90 per share before the bonus issue which is equivalent to Rm 2.63 per share. The closing price on 31st Oct was Rm 2,13.

I am obliged to tell you that Jaya Tiasa is my major investment and I am not asking you to buy it.

Koon Yew Yin
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/40359.jsp

cefiro22

383 posts

Posted by cefiro22 > 2015-07-25 15:53 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon's articles on VS, Latitude..etc noted with thanks. I am looking forward to any NEW laggard stocks that he will spot and share with us, early in the piece not after they have shot up. Let us all try take a ride together on the same train.

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2015-07-26 03:11 | Report Abuse

cefiro22. That's the spirit. Everybody errs sometime. Nothing to grumble. Move on.
Uncle Koon would still have something in the bag; hopefully some laggard stocks to share. I'm waiting.

Posted by laggard_stocks > 2015-07-26 03:18 | Report Abuse

5 promoted stocks in this blog no more a laggard. VS, Latitude, Lii Hen, Poh Huat all are at all time high except Xinquan.

Posted by laggard_stocks > 2015-07-26 03:42 | Report Abuse

Secondary stock market trading is a zero sum game, with sellers at high prices being the winners and those who bought at high prices being the losers. If the underlying real economy has not suffered permanent damage, there is a distribution problem in terms of losers and winners in the stock market debacle.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/07/25/Getting-prices-right/?style=biz

apprentice

789 posts

Posted by apprentice > 2015-07-26 08:06 | Report Abuse

Many of the concerns raised here by readers are valid. Latitude is considered a small cap and illiquid counter and it does not take much trading of its shares for the price to move either way.
Could the meteoric rise in price partly a result of Mr Koon's accumulation of shares until he became a major shareholder? High probability. Will the price collapse should he decide to dispose entirely? Very high possibility.
I bought in long time ago and waiting for the right time to realise my profits. Hopefully before Mr Koon starts to dispose his shares.

KBYap

59 posts

Posted by KBYap > 2015-07-26 08:26 | Report Abuse

Local furniture companies were trading at very low prices because local furniture industry is a sunset industry due to shortage of rubberwood. Do you still see rubber plantations in Malaysia?

The low prices have made all the FA numbers looked ok and were mistaken as good. This gentleman obviously did not know what he was writing on..

Posted by kcchongnz > Dec 28, 2014 05:18 PM | Report Abuse

Does Homeritz uses rubber wood for its furniture production???

Very surprised and disappointed that you have written such a long writeup on local furniture companies but don't even know their main raw material is rubberwood...

KBYap

59 posts

Posted by KBYap > 2015-07-26 08:56 | Report Abuse

These are not good companies, not to the extent that Mr Koon has invested so much money into them.

They are just companies coming off from very low base.

The misunderstanding may have gone too far..

goreng_kaki

1,909 posts

Posted by goreng_kaki > 2015-07-26 09:05 | Report Abuse

A lot of loser create by koon, no wonder la....kesian

calvintaneng

53,492 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-26 09:11 | Report Abuse

Today is Sunday!

Do you believe in things spiritual or not?

Go visit www.chick.com (See beyond the cartoons. There is eternal truth here.)
Go visit www.inspiretopray.com. The reality of a Living Prayer Answering God
Go visit www.mindreality.com (The Best Website in the world.)

Hercules

102 posts

Posted by Hercules > 2015-07-26 10:37 | Report Abuse

>
>
apini: this old man initially I like him very much, respect him very much for his willingness to help the poor and the needy and his constructive view of the government malpractices.

now I have a total different view on this old man

I just do not understand why this old so hardworking keep on promoting the shares like latitude and vs after the price has already gone up 300% and more,

why not flbhad or gadang, matrix concept,favco... which are so cheap now and in term of valuation and yield, they are hundred times better than VS and latitude and also meet his selection criteria for growth

this old man together with his gang entered these counters around 2.00, and started promoting after the price has gone up 50% and now still saying there are cheap to buy,but the price already 5.00 or 7.00

may be he doesn't mean it is safe to enter now, but , to a newbie like me , it is exactly the massage he is telling me " STILL GOT ROOM TO GO, BUY QUICKLY"

this own man has money, together with his gang ,otb, peter yang and thousand of their subscribers and followers, with this powerful force,
you tell me ,which pariah counter can not move it to the sky.
share trading is a rich man game, a zero sum game, you gain I lose , I gain you lose, if you don't lose and i aslo don't lose, then the last one lose ALL

tell me FRANKLY, if you are sincere, are you going to warn us before you run?

you can tell me 100 reasons why should I? which idiot will tell you before he start running ? NO.
you can tell me I have no obligation to tell you, this is not the way to play the game ,I have to run first, My subscriber have to run first, the left over is you, I and my subscriber are laughing all the way to the bank

so in this world, there is no free lunch but many CRY-NO-TEAR !

if you believe future growth is the sole factor that determine its price, high dept never mind, CFO can not cover capital expenditure also never mind, just do another tipu, split it into 5 , just to make the price look cheaper and more attractive,more people willing to buy cheap but paid high, then I can tell the whole world 500 million to help the poor and needy.but many of us newbies has already left only underwear to to wear , may can't even afford to buy an underwear to wear, then your gang will say, it is GST, it is jib gor , I no point a gun at you to force you to buy.
you stupid, you did not do you your homework, you deserved no underwear to wear,I hahahaha... happy donating in front of the reoprter...

am I not telling the truth, you are free to correct me.

thank you
25/07/2015 13:16

-----------------------------------------------
Bro u absolutely right! I want to add one more thought is that newbies
must hv the ability to differentiate an opportunity or a trap. Success or fail
then can't blame others because is ur OWN ability to judge!!

apprentice

789 posts

Posted by apprentice > 2015-07-26 11:47 | Report Abuse

Anyone who can't stand the heat should leave the kitchen. Likewise anyone afraid of losing in the market and ready to blame others should stop buying shares or just go buy Mutual Fund.
We have a spoon fed society, waiting for tips on when to buy and sell to make easy money. It does not work that way.
Wise up and learn from mistakes and no one will influence you to commit until you can't even afford a decent meal.

thebadguy

73 posts

Posted by thebadguy > 2015-07-26 11:58 | Report Abuse

Koon only tell you the reason he pick the shares. He never ask you to buy.

You need to treat it as a case study. Use your own brain to think. Find another counter that meet the same criteria if you think VS, Latitude etc. already reached its fair value.

Probability

14,404 posts

Posted by Probability > 2015-07-26 12:04 | Report Abuse

don't shoot the messenger...

there is no free lunch, every action of one is self interested (you are IQ is too low if you cannot figure out one's objective of making a blog).

One need not explicitly say...I want you to buy. PLEASE use your head.

There are people who makes blog...and I rarely see people criticize them. We should allow critics to fully voice out their opinion..
only then truth has a chance to surface and act to deter newbies from getting trapped....

It will make them think twice. Of course at the end decision to boy or sell is theirs....but critics - everyone has the full damn rights.

Don't ...k with messengers.

albukhary

2,769 posts

Posted by albukhary > 2015-07-26 12:17 | Report Abuse

Koon koon, the reason why VS, Latitude..etc surge up 300% is not because their business doing very well, but is because you n your team are keep on accumulating the stock.

If you n your team are not buying these stock, I think today VS still value at RM2-3 only.

There are still many stock outside which is comparable with VS n Latitude, but their share price up slower than VS n Latitude, as you n your team are not buying. Pls imagine if you sold off all your share today, don't you think these stock will be lower at least 30% from current price?

So it is not correct to said you are better than us, is just you have more fund than us.
I respect you, but I think you should respect us as well.

If all of us have the same money like you, I believe at least 10% of the forumer can do better than you.

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2015-07-26 12:27 | Report Abuse

apprentice,

either you are buaya to defend yourself or you are so green that you do not know how a buaya work,
what is the intention of KYY ?
to tell us he is very smart in investing whereas his advisors OTB and Pter Yang and other dare not utter a word at the current inflated price.
you may wise, have to be wise as you claim, how about newbie? can you guarantee they will not be influenced by this great man until they can't even afford a decent meal

you write good english. are you KYY?

Posted by apprentice > Jul 26, 2015 11:47 AM | Report Abuse

Anyone who can't stand the heat should leave the kitchen. Likewise anyone afraid of losing in the market and ready to blame others should stop buying shares or just go buy Mutual Fund.
We have a spoon fed society, waiting for tips on when to buy and sell to make easy money. It does not work that way.
Wise up and learn from mistakes and no one will influence you to commit until you can't even afford a decent meal.

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2015-07-26 12:42 | Report Abuse

" apini:you don't lose , I don't lose., the last one to hold loses all"

do you think KYY , his gang and their subscribers are the last one to lose all?

I am one of the follower, still holding latitude and VS

why don't sell?

of course I would

but not now,

after the split

goreng up a little, more hopeful followers join in ma......

then I am walking happily to the bank

hahahaha.......

Post a Comment
Market Buzz