1 person likes this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by talkingmoney 2017-03-18 20:01

calvintaneng

53,241 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-05 16:12 | Report Abuse

Haha! Hahaha!

After reading felicity post on Jaks' venture into power plant for a 25 year BOT (Built- Operate - transfer) project in Vietnam I hope you silly fellas chasing Jaks will finally wake up!

A power plants needs long drawn out gestation period BEFORE you see any profit. Better go and plant durian trees.

Suddenly, Uncle Kyy has led so many punters into LONG TERM INVESTING. Wuhuhu!

I bought MFCB ( Mega First Corp Bhd or My Father Comes Back). It has taken a full 10 year to see MFCB cross from Rm1.50 to Rm2.50 & then split.

Mega First has 2 power plants - One in China & one in Tawau, Sabah.

10 years really long gestation period. In fact MFCB built those 2 power plants in year 1995 & 1996. So with concession around 22 years MFCB's time almost ripe after 20 years already!

QUESTION NOW IS?

ARE YOU GUYS WILLING TO WAIT BETWEEN 10 to 20 YEARS' Gestation Period to See Real Profits from Jaks Vietnam Power Plants?

If so

HAHAHA! YOU GUYS ARE NOW REALLY LONG TERM INVESTORS!!

HUHUHU!!

10bagger10

1,007 posts

Posted by 10bagger10 > 2017-03-05 20:25 | Report Abuse

calvin sifu, how about mfcb? i bought a lot.. can enlighten?

Posted by talkingmoney > 2017-03-18 20:01 | Report Abuse

I read Mr Koon's article in Focus Malaysia this week on why he bought into JAKS. The impression I get is the IPP and the construction contracts are very lucrative. Can anyone shed some light on the terms of these agreements?

An IPP relies heavily on the terms of the PPA. That is after assuming the plant is built within specification and cost, which I trust CPECC/JAKS will be capable of. Those familiar with the industry would also tell you not all PPAs are the same. YTL, being an early entrant, has more favorable terms as compared to the later players (also known as 1st generation PPA).

IPP is an IRR game. What is the IRR for this greenfield project in Vietnam? Does anyone know what the tariif is? And if they have fuel cost pass thru terms?

Any insights into these would be most appreciated.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz