3 people like this.

113 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2019-02-08 19:43

DreamCapturer

1,172 posts

Posted by DreamCapturer > 2019-02-06 06:52 | Report Abuse

And how do you improve on your due diligence, analysis & judgement? No other way, you just hv to play. And play & play & play & play ... Not just read textbooks. Same like when you want to improve in your badminton, tennis, football or futsal.

And just like when playing football, you gotta learn the skill to smell the smell of a goal chance coming your way for the scoring, rather than simply burying your face all day & all night, every week & every month, in your TA or FA charts.

supersaiyan3

3,126 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2019-02-06 11:08 | Report Abuse

(S = Qr) Philip,

Others I don't know, but KYY is liable when he claimed Xingquan's account is real because he cousin is the auditor and also there are 3000 workers working at the factory. He could have been prosecuted if we are in a more developed market for spreading untrue information to affect market.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-06 11:14 | Report Abuse

Gv all the credit to yourself.

all the risks and rewards is your own and no body else......

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-02-06 12:00 | Report Abuse

Calvin can do no harm to anybody by promoting his deep value stocks. I don't think many follow him anyway as in my opinion, he has no such clout in the public space. I absolutely see none of any pumped and dumped intention of him, but more for some fun. One problem with him is he likes to condemn other stocks or make some wild accusations which agitates others.

Sorry Calvin, I don't mean to look you no up. Calvin does have a good methodology in investing too, in my opinion, which has worked in matured markets, but whether it works or not in Bursa, I am not very sure about it.

On the contrary, people who have such clout, those rich individuals who keep on boasting their prowess in investing and how they have made millions in investing, those with certain standing and highly respected in the society, or at least they have been claiming to be, should be more responsible in the investing society.

These individuals should share their knowledge and experience in investing, sharing the right way of investing, instead of the promoting and touting stocks after they have bought low. Stop propagating the Greater Fool Theory.

Well, if at the end, if everyone makes money, it is well and good. But is it possible? What have the past shown?

Well, if everyone makes money, the one who promotes and pumps it up with huge amount of money will lose money. Is that good for him? Is doing "charity" like that a good service to the society? I highly don't think so. Nobody in his right mind will do thing like this.

So most of the time it is trying to be the other way, buy huge amount of shares at low and pump it up, and sell for huge profit and laughing all the way to the banks.

Hack, trading and speculating is a zero-sum game for all those stocks touted. Cut the crap out thinking it is investing, and trying to make everyone rich!

Is making huge amount of money from the naive and newbies, especially those who respect you so much, worthwhile? What those extra millions for? Do your spouse and children need so much money? A modern day Robin Hood?

In my humble opinion, it is much better to leave a "fragrant" legacy, maintain your reputation, and maintain the respect you have in the society in the short span of life left behind in this world. It certainly trumps the useless money left behind from some immoral activities.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-06 12:03 | Report Abuse

for KYY, what he is in, it is the prettiest.

whenever out, it is the ugliest.

is that a crime?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-06 12:07 | Report Abuse

quarter profits X 4...sell land, margin and sailang

can make a real difference.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-06 12:27 | Report Abuse

To be honest this is less about calvin and more about introducing the concept of accountability for financial crimes ( of which the crimes are very vague).

https://www.caixinglobal.com/2017-01-13/101043227.html

FYI I don't give a damn about calvin. My good friend died because he lost his pension fund, his childrens savings and a loan he took because of a ponzi scheme that worked, until it didn't.

That JJPTR guy is never going to be hanged. Never mind that the biggest economic damage he did was in Sabah, to desperate uneducated individuals who had to pay the "tuition fee" to learn.

Happy Chinese New Year All. May you never be brought to holland for a drive.

*KC you make a good point as usual.

Posted by TopSecret > 2019-02-06 12:41 | Report Abuse

to

TAN ENG YEE (calvintaneng),

Just tell us how much PERISAI you bought (hold) at what price.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-06 13:09 | Report Abuse

stock market sure got speculators and traders....if no speculators and traders, it is not called stock market.

Posted by SaveMsiaFromPHGov > 2019-02-06 15:47 | Report Abuse

If you bought something becos you yourself have thoroughly studied it and you yourself believe it has a reasonable chance of gvg you reasonable ROI, that is already something good. Give yourself a pat on the back for investing like a proper investor.

You will then keep getting better & better with time. The money will eventually come. Just be patient and continue learning & improving. Instead of simply taking the easy way out & simply riding on some so called sifu's recommendation.

Posted by SaveMsiaFromPHGov > 2019-02-06 16:07 | Report Abuse

If you had simply swallowed the advice of some so called 'sifu' wholesale, without knowing head or tail about the company's backround, performance record, future promise (including turnaround prospects, business upside etc.) etc., but you made some profit, then you're just a lucky idiot. No more, no less. And you have not learned anything about investing at all.

If you had done exactly the same thing, and the advice of your 'sifu' turned out to be not so wise, and you lost YOUR money, then you're just a stupid idiot. No need to go around wasting even more of your time scapegoating anyone.

Moral of story: Take full, complete 100% ownership of your investing life. None of it should belong to any so called 'sifu'. It will take not a little effort to keep learning & keep improving your investing skill. But it will be worth its weight in gold in the end.

UnicornP

2,749 posts

Posted by UnicornP > 2019-02-06 23:47 | Report Abuse

In the first place why people accumulate debt? Just buy Viva eat Massimo everyday plus chap fan ok la. Simple & free. Greediness kill oneself.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-02-08 19:43 |

Post removed.Why?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz