3 people like this.

68 comment(s). Last comment by DK66 2019-03-19 10:25

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 21:49 | Report Abuse

I think all these talks about sovereign risk is absolutely nonsense (not referring to DK66, as obviously he doesn’t think it is an issue at all)

People had been complaining about all kind of things about jaks since god knows when. From high gearing, to the industry they are in, to corporate governance, to potential frauds, to potential equity dilution, to execution risk, etc etc etc. But over time, one by one all these myths has been disproven.

Now finally run out of issues to bitch about, they started talking about this vague and broad concept called sovereign risk.

In Chinese, it is called trying to pick bones from the egg.

It is like a guy has a billion dollar in his bank account, in perfect health, has a super hot Wife, a bunch of wonderful kids. In other words, he is living a perfect life. But one day he decides to jump down from the building because he worries about climate change

Give me a break

Posted by DK66 > Mar 18, 2019 08:40 AM | Report Abuse

Thank you for your opinion, Sslee.

I believe a lot of readers probably share your concern about doing businesses in Vietnam.

Sovereign risk is always the biggest concern when investing in another country. That is why you need to have enforceable contracts to protect your investments. Jaks Hai Duong Power signed several agreements including a government guarantee for its RM8b power plant project in Hai Duong Province. The 3 chinese bankers has obtained approval from the Chinese government to finance the project under the 1B1R initiative. Some will say "so What, look at mudajaya".

US and China are probably the only 2 countries in the world that the Vietnam government will bow to. I m sure you are aware of the following incident.

"HANOI/SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Vietnam has halted an oil drilling project in the “Red Emperor” block off its southeastern coast licensed to Spanish energy firm Repsol following pressure from China, three sources with direct knowledge of the situation told Reuters on Friday."

Hence, given china's influence on vietnam, I believe the vietnam government will honor its BOT contracts on the Hai Duong power plant project.

So, maybe it is worth your effort to take a second and deeper look into Jaks if you believe there is excessive profit from the vietnam IPP.

Vietnam needs power and willing to pay and China can deliver. This is bilateral trade, not free lunch.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 21:50 | Report Abuse

This kind of fool will never make it in the market

I used to be a greenhorn too, but never that thick

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 21:59 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 > Mar 18, 2019 09:50 PM | Report Abuse

This kind of fool will never make it in the market

I used to be a greenhorn too, but never that thick
=========

u have make my day....that guy too thick.

Nikmon

2,970 posts

Posted by Nikmon > 2019-03-18 22:39 | Report Abuse

slowing down now, hope stop bleeding and get up back soon.......pray hard hard

samyew1234

1,362 posts

Posted by samyew1234 > 2019-03-18 22:40 | Report Abuse

kaw kaw jaks

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-18 23:40 | Report Abuse

Think seriously .....

All the articles I mentioned above in one way or another implied a few points;

1. fight for control and eliminate intruder
2. suppressing share price to cause margin calls
3. manipulated results to benefit from under-subscription of warrants
4. Suppressing share price to give free RSP to directors

There were a lot of fights and manipulations, for what ??

You only fight for gold mines not shit holes.

Under normal circumstances, all directors want to maintain their share prices as high as possible for the following reasons;

1. higher status
2. fence off hostile takeovers
3. financing requirements
4. higher sale value for share disposal by insiders

Even share prices of sub-standard stocks are kept high for higher sale value by insiders.

Of course, there are times when share prices are kept depressed for the following reasons;

1. privatisation by major shareholders
2. enable the controlling shareholders to increase their holdings at low prices
3. The stock is a shit hole and the insiders are continuously selling

Unless Jaks is good-for-nothing, the non-academic speculations on the great fall in jaks' price may have spoken the truth.

Some of the articles suggested "mission accomplished" implying imminent turnaround in share price which indeed happened recently.

CEO, Andy Ang, has increased his effective shareholding to 14.5% from 9% during this period.

Judge for yourself.

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-18 23:54 | Report Abuse

Anyway, I must stress that non-academic rationales are not to be taken as fundamental analysis.

I only brought this up as a matter of interests. It will not affect my fundamental judgement on Jaks.

3iii

12,851 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-19 08:29 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,851 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-19 08:33 | Report Abuse

Ask yourself:

Why would you, as an investor, want to get involved in this mess (a deep-asset-bargain) and witness things deteriorating, hoping the situation will improve?

Even if it works out eventually, which is very unlikely (in the majority), the mental and psychological drain is simply not worth it.

There are better ways to make money.

Buy Only Good Companies!

"Bargain-purchase folly."

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2019-03-19 08:42 | Report Abuse

Bukan main irritating u!!

Sslee

4,988 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-19 08:54 | Report Abuse

Dear DK66 and Icon8888
I am just giving my own experience when DK66 ask me; “Would you like to share your opinion on the potential of the vietnam ipp?”
If that getting on your nerve I am sorry.

Please attend the next AGM and find out more how this 51% subsidiary companies about? The paid-up capital, equity structure and currently net book value? If negative will the 49% shareholders further inject in the new capital or JAKS had to hold the whole baby?

Thank you
P/S: No going to comment further on JAKS and wish all good luck.

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2019-03-19 08:56 | Report Abuse

Bagus sslee bye!

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2019-03-19 08:59 | Report Abuse

Sovereign risk? Sslee

Well insan bikin taksiran based on reasonable deductions outcome up above yg menentukan

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2019-03-19 09:03 | Report Abuse

Dulu dulu la tu

Let bygones be bygones

Indeed

JAKS BARU NEW

BUGS FIXED AND ENHANCED

Go go go

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-19 09:16 | Report Abuse

it is a typical pattern for me.

Few good years followed by a bad year. Happened 5 times already since I first started investing many many years ago. The last time it happened was 2014. But I will bounce back with a vengeance when market normalised. Based on past record, within one year, I will surpass my previous high. And over next few years, I will further increase my portfolio substantially.

Throughout the years, my net worth has been keep on growing, according to this pattern.

It is a universe that you cannot understand

3iii >>>

Were u swimming naked when the tide retreated in 2018 like your friends too?
19/03/2019 08:29

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-19 09:16 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,

Although we differ in views, thank you for your comments.

sillypan

15 posts

Posted by sillypan > 2019-03-19 10:20 | Report Abuse

Thanks DK66, am decided to join you in Jaks.

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-19 10:25 | Report Abuse

Welcome, Sillypan

-----------------------------
sillypan Thanks DK66, am decided to join you in Jaks.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz