3 people like this.

68 comment(s). Last comment by DK66 2019-03-19 10:25

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2019-03-17 11:50 | Report Abuse

tq bro dk66, as bro icon888 always say , stick to fundamental . cheers...

Posted by Investor 999 > 2019-03-17 12:29 | Report Abuse

Thank you DK66 hopefully you may write more articles to attract more people to jump in so that the share price may rise to RM1.00 within a month.

meisarel

609 posts

Posted by meisarel > 2019-03-17 13:16 | Report Abuse

Good article dk66. You are right, fundamentally not much has changed. In fact, it is getting better and better. Tailwind will only get stronger and stronger.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-17 13:19 | Report Abuse

Good

Sslee

5,503 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-17 15:51 | Report Abuse

Dear DK66,
Since my blog article was mention by you, please allow me to also quote my fist article on JAKS on how it begins and how wrong was Public Investment Bank (IB) analysis on JAKS?
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/Sslee_blog/185433.jsp

The question why KYY bought more than 150 million shares with margin finance?
I received this WhatsApp from Mr. K (One Institution investor want to buy 10 million JAKS from me. That’s why you can see big buyers at RM 1.54 yesterday)” This is fact not friction I received this WhatsApp from KYY on 10th June 2017

And nothing is as disgusting as the below admission by quack quack quack:
Posted by qqq3 > Nov 2, 2018 01:43 AM
kc u fail to understand, Jaks and Sendai are the 2 counters I made the most money...and why not? when I know the chong ker.....and I have the killer instinct..........
Posted by qqq3 > Mar 12, 2019 04:01 PM | Report Abuse
In the case of sendai and Jaks...If I can make money and others lose money, its because they are stupid......what more can I say?

The next question is why KYY sold all?
Mr. Koon always mentioned he does not read the financial report or care about the detail but did you know he has a full time Chartered Accountant and a former Auditor as his Personal Assistant? There is more than meets the eye as of why he sold all, margin call?

I quote below from your article:
“Many "stories" have developed alone the way. Mostly revolve around margin calls, manipulation of results and prices, deliberate corporate exercises and conspiracy. Nothing fundamentally related?
The only real unexpected one-time losses suffered by Jaks during this period was the RM25.5 millions bank guarantee performance payment to The Star.
Given the bright prospects and the strong price recovery, there is a high possibility that the next chapter on Jaks will be "Jaks Resources - The Great Leap" driven by strong fundamentals rather than the invisible hands.
Let’s examine Fundamental Q4 result: https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/staticfile/351240.jsp
1. Property Development & Investment division recorded a higher loss before tax of RM75.9 million in the quarter under review. The losses in the current quarter was mainly due to the RM50.0 million disputed performance liability charge out.
That mean other than the RM 50 million charge out another RM 25.9 million loss for this quarter.
2. The Construction division recorded a profit before tax of RM31.9. The main contributor to the current quarter’s revenue was from the Construction division with revenue of RM214.5 million of which RM135.4 million was derived from the Vietnam EPC construction works.
Capital contribution contracted but not provided for in respect of shares subscription in JAKS Pacific Power Limited, joint venture of the Group amounted to approximately USD92.14 million or RM381.3 million, using exchange rate of USD1 : RM4.1385. So this accounting profit (no real cash inflow) from Vietnam EPC construction works still has a very long way to settle shares subscription in JAKS Pacific Power Limited RM 381.3 million.
3. Cash flow:
Cash flows from operating activities: Net operation cash flow: (RM 109,729,000)
Cash flows from financial activities:
Net process from Share issued: RM 72,001,000
Net process from warrants issued: RM 25,607,000

My conclusion: Nothing is truer than fundamental that JAKS will continue bleeding (Need more Cash call to keep it afloat) until Vietnam IPP generate profit and contribute the cash flow.

Thank you.
P/S: If ALP can manipulate Quarterly result, outplayed KYY, award himself millions of free share, what prevent him from treating minority shareholders badly? Or what if he himself is outplayed by IPP China partner?

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-17 16:29 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,

Thank you for your comment.

I would like to point out that Jaks still reported a full year profit of RM15m inclusive of the RM50m losses from BG.

Without the RM50m BS losses, it would have been a profit RM13m in Q4 2018 and much higher on a full year basis.

Pin pointing losses from property division as a gauge of Jaks' fundamentals is highly debatable. I would prefer to judge on its overall performance.

"Capital contribution contracted but not provided for in respect of shares subscription in JAKS Pacific Power Limited, joint venture of the Group amounted to approximately USD92.14 million or RM381.3 million, using exchange rate of USD1 : RM4.1385. So this accounting profit (no real cash inflow) from Vietnam EPC construction works still has a very long way to settle shares subscription in JAKS Pacific Power Limited RM 381.3 million." - I don't see this a problem.

Jaks has unbilled sales of RM154m from the pacific star project which will add to its coffer. More will be collected upon completion. It is premature to draw a conclusion on its cash flows.

Anyway, your comment will be appreciated by readers here. It provides them an alternative view. TQ

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-17 17:11 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,

"The next question is why KYY sold all?
Mr. Koon always mentioned he does not read the financial report or care about the detail but did you know he has a full time Chartered Accountant and a former Auditor as his Personal Assistant? There is more than meets the eye as of why he sold all, margin call? "

Does it mean that his accountant could have advised him on the following article ?

JAKS - My Advice - Koon Yew Yin
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/185968.jsp

"As you know the company has a lot of unsold properties and under the current depressed market condition, it will not be able to sell its properties. Moreover, Star’s legal claim for non performance and late completion has not been settled.

As a result, interest charges will be amounting in the next few years. The company cannot hide its losses anymore and it has already reported losses in the latest quarter.

It can only report losses in the next few years.

Why should you buy when the company cannot report any profit?"

Icon8888 has responded to his article as below;

Jaks Resources (8) - Uncle Koon's Information Inaccurate
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/icon8888/186385.jsp

"Based on the above information, my understanding is that the Group no longer has much exposure to the depressed local property industry, apart from losses related to operation of Evolve Concept Mall at approximately RM30 mil per annum and Pacific Star LADs, which should end by mid 2019 following completion of the project. Jaks has 50% exposure to these two items."

Please read their full articles.

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-17 18:19 | Report Abuse

Though buying deep-asset bargains can be very profitable, this strategy comes with its inherent problems.

- This strategy comes with a much higher mental cost to investors.

- More importantly, business deterioration and the erosion of value put investors in a riskier position.

- As a result, they need to strictly follow the rules of maintaining a diversified portfolio and selling within 12 months whether investments worked out or not.

Ask yourself:

Why would you, as an investor, want to get involved in this mess (a deep-asset-bargain) and witness things deteriorating, hoping the situation will improve?

Even if it works out eventually, which is very unlikely (in the majority), the mental and psychological drain is simply not worth it.

There are better ways to make money.

Buy Only Good Companies!

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-17 18:20 | Report Abuse

"Bargain-purchase folly."

Instead of buying companies with deteriorating values on the cheap and hoping things will improve, why not buy companies that grow value over time?

Warren Buffett summarized in a single sentence the priceless lessons he learned from his personal "bargain-purchase folly".

"It is far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price."

Sslee

5,503 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-17 18:23 | Report Abuse

Dear DK66,
Net Profit/(Loss) For The Period Attributable to: Owners of the Company RM15,13,000.
Non-Controlling Interests (RM 61,929,000)
JAKS Island Circle Sdn. Bhd. Malaysia 51%. Property development
Evolve Concept Mall Malaysia Sdn Bhd 51%. Management of Mall and other properties.
The 49% holders of Non-Controlling Interests suffered losses of (RM 61,929,000) wonder who are those holders?

For the financial year ended 31 December 2018, the Group achieved revenue of RM740.4 million and a loss before tax of RM43.4million. The Construction division was the main contributor with revenue of RM628.3 million and profit before tax of RM84.0million of which RM324.7million revenue and RM82.7million profits were derived from the Vietnam EPC construction works.
Thus the only Profit is from Vietnam EPC construction works:

Cash flows from investing activities
Addition to investment in Joint Venture company: (RM 77,606,000)
Proceeds from disposal of land held for development (net): RM 144,599,000

JAKS is a gone case on whatever business they have in Malaysia for the very obvious reason of incompetency of the board and management team. The only new chapter is Vietnam IPP, where you better be right on every single aspect.

Thank you
P/S: https://klse.i3investor.com/meeting/4723/28-Apr-2017/6121_1059430481.jsp
If I had known that Mr. Koon intend to vote against resolution 1 and 2 and appoint his representative to the board, I would have rally all the attendees to support Mr. Koon before the voting. What a miss opportunity.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 18:30 | Report Abuse

Jaks from $ 1.00 to $ 1.80....I made some money

Jaks from 50 sen 80 sen ...I also make some money...

so what is your problem, ss?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-17 18:30 | Report Abuse

@3iii

Not all great investors buy high quality companies

John Neff the cohtrarian investor invest in companies that did not do well so that can benefit when they turned around

Howard marks also like that

There are several others that did so

I think they know better than you when come to investing

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 18:32 | Report Abuse

and Jaks from $ 1.80 to 50 sen, if u lose money.....ss......it is because you are stupid ....what more can I say?

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2019-03-17 18:37 | Report Abuse

seriously, 3iii...since investlah forum until here (10 years and counting) i have seen u preaching non-stop on buying high quality stocks day in day out. there are many many ways to invest ur capital. just because u have found one that suits your style and has been successful..doesn't mean everyone has to follow suit. if everyone just buy ur DLady, Nestle, PetDag, PBB...

i can safely say our capital market can close shop d. to all the business entrepreneurs, don't bother getting funding from the public. unless ur business is of high quality in the same league as DLady or Nestle, u won't have any interested private investors.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 18:38 | Report Abuse

by Icon8888 > Mar 17, 2019 06:30 PM | Report Abuse

@3iii

==========

last 3 months, those who make a lot of money nothing to do with investing in great companies. It got to do with daring and brave and S=Q r.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 18:43 | Report Abuse

by Icon8888 > Mar 17, 2019 06:30 PM | Report Abuse

@3iii

==========

last 3 months, those who make a lot of money nothing to do with investing in great companies. It got to do with daring and brave and S=Q r.

But over the long term, over a life time, I believe the easiest way, the surest way, to build wealth is to invest in great companies , growing companies , participate in the growth of great companies as the Bursa is intended to be.

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-17 18:44 | Report Abuse

Charlie Munger's Big Lesson: Prepare for Opportunity

What is the most important personal quality an investor can have?

Patience... followed by pretty aggressive conduct. It is given to human beings who work hard at it—who look and sift the world for a mispriced bet — that they can occasionally find one. And the wise ones bet heavily when the world offers them that opportunity. They bet big when they have the odds. And the rest of the time, they don’t. It’s just that simple.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 18:51 | Report Abuse

DK66 > Mar 17, 2019 06:44 PM | Report Abuse

It’s just that simple.
=========

its just as simple as that.

Sslee

5,503 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-17 18:54 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
And nothing is as disgusting as the below admission by quack quack quack:
Posted by qqq3 > Nov 2, 2018 01:43 AM
kc u fail to understand, Jaks and Sendai are the 2 counters I made the most money...and why not? when I know the chong ker.....and I have the killer instinct..........
Posted by qqq3 > Mar 12, 2019 04:01 PM | Report Abuse
In the case of sendai and Jaks...If I can make money and others lose money, its because they are stupid......what more can I say?
Posted by qqq3 > Mar 17, 2019 06:32 PM | Report Abuse
and Jaks from $ 1.80 to 50 sen, if u lose money.....ss......it is because you are stupid ....what more can I say?

My email corresponds:
How are you? Is Mr. Koon still very angry with me for my I3 investment blog: An open letter to Mr. and Mrs. Koon. The last time we met is at the JAKS AGM on 28-April 2017 where Mr. Koon voted against resolution 1 and 2. If I had known early this is Mr. Koon intention, I will rally all the attendees at the AGM to do the same. What a miss opportunity.

After the AGM and making my own judgment on Mr. Ang and BOD, I decided to sell my JAKS holding for a small profit. I cannot believe Mr. Koon was so deep into JAKS and make such a huge loss. Anyhow the past is in the past now wishes you, your family and Mr. and Mrs. Koon good health, good fortune and great happiness.

Dear Mr Lee,
Glad to know that you have sold Jaks at a profit. Many have lost money on this counter. Its not easy to fight against crooks. The battle is even tougher when they are inside the company who know and control everything. I will probably see you this Saturday. All the best for the talk this Saturday!

Thank you
P/S: Quack quack quack, Mr. Koon lose millions, are you imply Mr. Koon stupid is so please write to Mr. Koon and say so loud and clear.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 18:56 | Report Abuse

In the case of Dayang, I bot at 60, 70 and 80.........And sold off at $ 1.50.....making good money.

But not as much as another who sailang go all in at $ 1.00 and sold at $ 1.70.......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 19:00 | Report Abuse

In the case of Dayang, I bot at 60, 70 and 80.........And sold off at $ 1.50.....making good money.

But not as much as another who sailang go all in at $ 1.00 and sold at $ 1.70.......U see. the number of shares and percentage of portfolio matters Its S= Q r

Sslee

5,503 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-17 19:02 | Report Abuse

Dear 3iii.
"It is far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price."
Yes, everyone love and very eager to “Sailang” a wonderful company at a fair price. So can you please recommend or share some of these stocks for all to benefit. Don’t tell me only “Nestle” which everyone knew is a wonderful company but at overvalued price.

Thank you

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 19:07 | Report Abuse

Sslee > Mar 17, 2019 06:54 PM | Report Abuse

Thank you
P/S: Quack quack quack, Mr. Koon lose millions, are you imply Mr. Koon stupid is so please write to Mr. Koon and say so loud and clear.
=============

I recently ask KYY whether Jaks is in his favorite page...He says No....He has sold and not interested, and now very proud he sold and found faster running horse....in Carimin and Dayang.

U see, KYY is the positive type, always positive even in the darkest hour.............

and u sslee.........u are the negative type, always negative, always backwards looking, always blame here, blame there. ....Your type of personality loves Insas....and will always remain losers.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 19:25 | Report Abuse

ss....I have no idea what is your true problem....

cannot make money in Bursa? Is that your problem?

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2019-03-17 19:32 | Report Abuse

qqq3

what are the recent shares u bought?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 19:35 | Report Abuse

ss...just remember u are a green horn in stock market.

greenhorns and stock market should keep quiet, not make a lot of noise.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 19:38 | Report Abuse

I bot Sapura Friday...I also got cheaper Sapura at 29

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-17 19:50 | Report Abuse

Print this out and frame it

Hang it on the wall, Pass it to your Son

Posted by DK66 > Mar 17, 2019 06:44 PM | Report Abuse

Charlie Munger's Big Lesson: Prepare for Opportunity

What is the most important personal quality an investor can have?

Patience... followed by pretty aggressive conduct. It is given to human beings who work hard at it—who look and sift the world for a mispriced bet — that they can occasionally find one. And the wise ones bet heavily when the world offers them that opportunity. They bet big when they have the odds. And the rest of the time, they don’t. It’s just that simple.

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-17 19:54 | Report Abuse

Good suggestion

=================
Icon8888 Print this out and frame it

Hang it on the wall, Pass it to your Son

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 20:00 | Report Abuse

It’s just that simple.
=========

its just that simple

Nikmon

2,993 posts

Posted by Nikmon > 2019-03-17 20:26 | Report Abuse

From all the arguments above, all are agree that vietnam project will bring in a lot lot money to company. If this the case, it should be good buy when less than 1.5. pls dont forget Share price always run ahead 3-6 months, if you wait until plant completed, it is too late too enter...the price already reflect the true value.

Invest future not now...

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2019-03-17 20:53 | Report Abuse

time will tel1 ,if ceec also can complete the hai duong powerplant 5-6 month earlier. unit 1 is possible completed & test run around oct-dec 2019. just stick to ceec website for progression update.

by early 2020 ,we will know who are the winner or loser.

Sslee

5,503 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-17 20:57 | Report Abuse

Dear the entire i3commentators and bloggers,
Just ask yours conscious what kind of low life quack quack quack is?
Are you proud and condone what quack quack quack had done?
Are there no more good men ready to stand up for what are right, honor, dignity and self worth?
Please don’t stoop so low to quack quack quack level. He is the most dishonest, despicable, distasteful, disgusting and evil person I ever come across.

Dear Fabien Extraordinaire,
If you want any stocks recommendation you can subscribed with OTB stock pick services. Quack quack quack is unashamedly copy-cat what OTB’s recommended and when he already took profit with Dayang this is what he wrote:

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 11, 2019 12:58 PM | Report Abuse
by Sslee > Mar 11, 2019 11:59 AM | Report Abuse
not in talking term.
====
I have no problem talking terms with KYY.....Last night I told KYY selling Dayang at 1.60 to 180 is called smart...He says he cannot be so dishonest as to sell now and have written so many articles on Dayang.....besides, he says he has not found another faster runner..............
Posted by qqq3 > Mar 14, 2019 08:16 PM | Report Abuse
sslee
I tried to interest kyy in Perdana he seems very happy to stay in Dayang.....

I had done with quack quack quack. He is no more my problem so go and worship him and better still put up a shrine for him as you please. I rest my case.

Thank you
P/S: For whatever flaws Mr. Koon might have, I had to salute him for his magnanimous of only blaming himself of having too much XO till vomit in JAKS and did not blame any other people but move on.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 21:17 | Report Abuse

ss

just admit you are an idiot and stupid....save a lot of time.......

Sslee

5,503 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-17 21:20 | Report Abuse

Dear DK66,
I do not hold any JAKS share and I am not against anyone interest. I only speak the truth as a response to your article citing my previous blog article: JAKS “The Conspiracy Theory” Part (II)

I also believe you spoke the truth and very eager to share whatever information you have about Vietnam IPP. You have heard what I had to say about the cash flow that fundamentally JAKS will continue bleeding (Need more Cash call to keep it afloat) until Vietnam IPP generate profit and contribute the cash flow. It is wise to invest or promoted JAKS now when you cannot afford to have any margin of error as I term it as the only new chapter for JAKS is Vietnam IPP where you better be right on every single aspect. The decision is yours to make.

Thank you

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 21:25 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 21:43 | Report Abuse

soldiers must die
that is the definition of wars and stock market is War.

Nikmon

2,993 posts

Posted by Nikmon > 2019-03-17 21:44 | Report Abuse

@sslee, ALP will think twice before ask for another cash call reason being, his family, friends holding around 20-30 stakes now, they are the main looser if share price dilute further due to private placement.

right issue is fail and they will never dare to try again, ALP will lose more if he call right issue.

confirm no right issue (since no one subscribe except ALP), private placement still possible (little damage only) or sell the mall. in fact selling the mall is good news for shareholder.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 21:48 | Report Abuse

the mall....NBV $ 600 million, loan $ 300 million......

can sell for $ 400 million also can raise $ 100 million net cash.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 21:50 | Report Abuse

soldiers must die

green horns are soldiers.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-17 21:53 | Report Abuse

soldiers must die

green horns are soldiers.

anyone who thinks he can get rich by paying $ 1000 or $ 10 to attend seminar given by greenhorn sslee is also a soldier.

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-17 21:56 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,

You are welcome and feel free to make comments, for or against, to my articles even if i didn't make reference to any of your articles.

No worries.

==================
Sslee Dear DK66,
I do not hold any JAKS share and I am not against anyone interest. I only speak the truth as a response to your article citing my previous blog article: JAKS “The Conspiracy Theory” Part (II)

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-17 22:05 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,

Would you like to share your opinion on the potential of the vietnam ipp ?

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2019-03-17 22:11 | Report Abuse

http://www.aepc1.ceec.net.cn/art/2019/3/17/art_14630_1854775.html
越南海阳:#1-1锅炉水压试验一次成功

http://www.aepc1.ceec.net.cn/art/2019/3/17/art_14630_1854779.html
越南海阳:循环水泵房-7.3m墙板钢筋绑扎完成

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 00:02 | Report Abuse

Jaks..$ 1.80 to 50 sen.

This ss guy want to blame me for his losing money.

Because he is a green horn, that's why.

Green horns cannot accept there is no certainties in stock market.

Green horns look for remisiers to bail them out of their own stupidity.

Sslee

5,503 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-18 00:33 | Report Abuse

Dear DK66,
Thank you. I do not have any experience when come to Vietnam IPP except that PT MM has a wholly own Palm oil refinery in Vietnam. The Vietnam people are a very hard working, smart, nationalist and eagerly making up the loss time (War with US and then China over ideology) to build a better future for themselves and nation.

Currently Vietnam is almost like China when Deng first open up China for foreign capital to flow in. As of China, I was in China in 1998, flying to Shanghai and taking train to Wuxi meeting with the then Wuxi Mayor on the jointed project to develop a 36MW Power and Thermal plant. The decision and project progress is very smooth because Mayor can make all the decision (rule of man rather than rule of law) anyhow later they bought back the plant when capital were available to them. (They do know how to do the calculation and pay you a fair price. You can forget about all the excessive profit promised in the flexibility study paper or signed contract). You can check around how many Malaysian companies invest in China able to make any good profit.

I believe for sure the China partner is more than able to complete the IPP on time or ahead of time. My concern is after that what next? You have this very smart China partner and on the other side Vietnam government that are not stupid so what are your chance in thinking that JAKS can get excessive profit as promised.

Thank you.
P/S: There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 01:41 | Report Abuse

y Sslee > Mar 18, 2019 12:33 AM | Report Abuse

P/S: There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.
=======

talk 3 talk 4 when Jaks is 50 sen to 80 sen

when Jaks is $ 3, u will not have hesitation to buy.

moreliver

18 posts

Posted by moreliver > 2019-03-18 02:12 | Report Abuse

Investors must always be on the lookout for the major catalyst that either keeps the bulls charging into the second half the year, or wakes up the sleeping bears. BAYOR.

DK66

4,269 posts

Posted by DK66 > 2019-03-18 08:40 | Report Abuse

Thank you for your opinion, Sslee.

I believe a lot of readers probably share your concern about doing businesses in Vietnam.

Sovereign risk is always the biggest concern when investing in another country. That is why you need to have enforceable contracts to protect your investments. Jaks Hai Duong Power signed several agreements including a government guarantee for its RM8b power plant project in Hai Duong Province. The 3 chinese bankers has obtained approval from the Chinese government to finance the project under the 1B1R initiative. Some will say "so What, look at mudajaya".

US and China are probably the only 2 countries in the world that the Vietnam government will bow to. I m sure you are aware of the following incident.

"HANOI/SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Vietnam has halted an oil drilling project in the “Red Emperor” block off its southeastern coast licensed to Spanish energy firm Repsol following pressure from China, three sources with direct knowledge of the situation told Reuters on Friday."

Hence, given china's influence on vietnam, I believe the vietnam government will honor its BOT contracts on the Hai Duong power plant project.

So, maybe it is worth your effort to take a second and deeper look into Jaks if you believe there is excessive profit from the vietnam IPP.

Vietnam needs power and willing to pay and China can deliver. This is bilateral trade, not free lunch.

aikinlai

896 posts

Posted by aikinlai > 2019-03-18 21:32 | Report Abuse

Ya...of course....MFCB also taking a free lunch from Laos.
Nvm lar...everyone have their own favorite. No right or wrong.
I like Icon888 n MusangKing. Now i think i start to like DK

Post a Comment
Market Buzz