5 people like this.

235 comment(s). Last comment by Heavenly PUNTER 2019-03-30 16:48

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 16:42 | Report Abuse

rather than teaching them how to swim, should teach them to avoid dangerous places

Jester

852 posts

Posted by Jester > 2019-03-29 16:53 | Report Abuse

Interesting discourse here.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 17:15 | Report Abuse

by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 29, 2019 4:42 PM | Report Abuse

rather than teaching them how to swim, should teach them to avoid dangerous places
==========

no use one. The more u tell people don't do this, the more they go do it.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 17:16 | Report Abuse

so unker qqq3, how long would it take for the education system to recover to it's former glory? or be functional at the very least so that you will send your grandchildren to?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 17:19 | Report Abuse

punter

our youth minister is home grown and he is from middle class family................

That shows Malaysian schools got hope.

for now its a rarity.....in 20 years time, hopefully more syed siddiq

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 17:25 | Report Abuse

what is certain is that on average, the schools are very lousy...the syllabus very lousy, the tests very lousy.

but lousy schools also produce street smart people....and it is these street smart people who became very productive later in life.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 17:33 | Report Abuse

Smart people...?? U get a few set of jaguh kampung...how to compete with vietnam & thailand leh ??

U need to do it now, without wasting time loh....!!

Sambil lewa approach cannot pakai bcos we are in global mode mah....!!

Competition is after us mah....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 29, 2019 5:25 PM | Report Abuse

what is certain is that on average, the schools are very lousy...the syllabus very lousy, the tests very lousy.

but lousy schools also produce street smart people....and it is these street smart people who became very productive later in life.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 17:38 | Report Abuse

unker qqq3 good that you know the education standard is lousy, you are talking about a select few who will be street smart and very productive in life (ie starting a business or etc), but what we are look at is the majority, look at Singapore, their education standard is top notch, that's why their GDP per capita is so freaking high. We need to reach that standard... Syed Saddiq is an exception, he is just like the Warren Buffet in the investing world, how many of him can you get? He's like the best of the best, which means there isn't many like him even 20 years from now unless you can raise the education standard to a point that everyone has to be like him to even graduate.

It's a competitive world, if we don't fix what's the root cause of the problem we will soon become a poor country. That's the world today. Modern developed countries are incorporating coding as a core subject into their primary level education. What are we doing now? Implement cashless transactions in school? How is that going to help us become more competitive? Or even help us to survive Industrial Revolution 4.0???

And talk about our graduates lacking the skillsets required for the jobs. Some can barely use Microsoft Excel properly, why?? Because the syllabus didn't teach them that!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 17:40 | Report Abuse

While we are struggling with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, other people is learning how to code in Python and other programming languages which will automate all the menial and repetitive tasks, how are we going to compete with them? I think that is one of the reason why our income is so low. The skillsets being taught to our graduates are barely sufficient to meet the minimum requirements in the companies!

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 18:14 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 19:08 | Report Abuse

nothing makes more sense that making sure every kampong boy knows how to swim. Basic swimming skills.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 19:12 | Report Abuse

unker qqq3 even if they know how to swim and they go swim in I don't know what's that thing called, the place where you mine tin ore and become a huge pool, they might still drown even if they know how to swim.

The key is to educate them not to play at dangerous places, not just teaching them how to swim only. Consider this, which one is easier and more practical, more effective? I am sure you know the answer.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 19:56 | Report Abuse

the two are not exclusive.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 19:56 | Report Abuse

anyway, swimming is wonderful

Posted by buminonmalay > 2019-03-30 03:40 | Report Abuse

First Get rid of the 3 Million illegal and Migrants.... Domestic value go up...then Stop the Racism in Education and bring English Back across everything... lastly un learn 60 years of Lies in Malaysia.
https://bumi-non-malay-malaysia.blogspot.com/

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-30 10:38 | Report Abuse

I still remembered someone asking those employed overseas to come back... come back for ? Lower salary and lower standard of living ah?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-30 10:40 | Report Abuse

I still remembered someone asking those employed overseas to come back. For what I wonder? For lower salary? For lower standard of living? Or maybe for unemployment??? Real naive there.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 10:50 | Report Abuse

The Imbalancing need to be Rebalanced , i
It shud be done 20 years ago.

Perhap automation and edge competition are the crucial keys to resolve the issue.

Yaa , inducation is a must.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 10:53 | Report Abuse

Sad things is politician never want to focus on it.But, only keen to raise religious for their own agrnda.
Hope PH can adopt the good strategy to tackle the long imbalances.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 11:16 | Report Abuse

Knowledge is power

Look at what quality we have...
Datuk lokman can bullied University Student who express & defence their right over, why a datuk have such poor mentality and reaction ?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 11:41 | Report Abuse

Honestly, i hv enoygh seeing this so call leaders inly good in accusing but never come out with valid plan for the good of Malaysia future.

Look at tajudin how he is debating in parliament , he show no respect at all to others and always talk without figure and twist things.
For me i respect opposition as long their arguments valid and respect others

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 11:42 | Report Abuse

Sometimes, i even ask myself .
What is Malaysia future if this so call leaders not even on par or better than average one.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 11:45 | Report Abuse

I must say we are lucky to turn down the fail goverment before with the vote made.
Pray PH will right the wrong.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-30 11:51 |

Post removed.Why?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 12:02 | Report Abuse

Its a Ying & Yang matter.
They are existing each other to create balancing.

Skill can be learnt and taught. When come to environment practise & study is the only way.

A karate sifu, can be doomed when a sudden attacking happen in a narrowing pathway caused from a street attacker.

Our educational nowsaday only Theory Theory Theory.
Parents are too scare to let their kids going outside and interact with sorrounding. So, tuition everyday loh.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 12:02 | Report Abuse

Whose to be blamed ?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 12:06 | Report Abuse

Skill is something we should master and to be learnt.
For a purpose to gain the more greater resources from surrounding, environment perhaps the universal.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-30 12:06 | Report Abuse

It is not swimming useless..it is the Education Minister useless mah...for wrong emphasis mah..... u should able to see the problem and don get distracted loh...!!

Of course swimming like any other skill is useful mah...raider is a bronze medallist swimmer in Penang, how can raider will say learning swimming is useless thing leh ??

Posted by Fortune Bull > Mar 30, 2019 11:55 AM | Report Abuse

Raider! Mining pool are indeed very dangerous! It has a very soft, sticky mud that will pull you deeper like quick sand! What authority should do is to reclaim the whole think to prevent future tragedy! Or turn it into floating solar farm!

But to say swimming is useless is something i can't accept! So many get drown in seashore that mining pool! Perhaps you are very lucky because you never seen river, sea or mining pool so swimming is not necessary for you! Then again that's what chinese China excuse for not learning to swim!

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 12:08 | Report Abuse

Malaysian today, they are too scare to loose or sacrify for a better life.

What worst could that be ?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 12:12 | Report Abuse

PH should encourage new generation a restart programme,
For those who has went through the Dare to Challenge for Success youngsters and entrepreneurs.

Let the legend born.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 12:52 |

Post removed.Why?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-30 12:55 | Report Abuse

If above dont work out well,
Thats why we hv low quality datuk and ministers in the parliament.

Corrupted nation with evil minded.

I still believe, We have more Fine Seeds in Malaysia.
Just can we guide them not
?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-30 16:47 | Report Abuse

That's why I say ah, rather than fight for an uncertain future, why not go to greener pastures where your future is at least more guaranteed, in a way that policies are not race based, places that promote equality, places where ability and competence is appreciated?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-30 16:48 | Report Abuse

Unker VenFx, most of these fine seeds you are saying that have been guided and educated well have very likely left this bolehland!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-30 16:48 | Report Abuse

Unker VenFx, most of these fine seeds you are saying that have been guided and educated well have very likely left this bolehland!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz