5 people like this.

235 comment(s). Last comment by Heavenly PUNTER 2019-03-30 16:48

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 11:25 | Report Abuse

Seriously work in Malaysia for 10 years and you will find everywhere else cannot adapt at all, why because it has become so comfortable and so chill here. I worked in a bank before, really so chill... doesn't surprise me if I stayed long enough I will become uncompetitive overseas.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 11:26 | Report Abuse

Fortune Bull not so true in Malaysia, Myvi very dangerous in Malaysia, get hit little bit holland liao.. At least get an Alza or something longer, a bit safer at least lah

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 11:28 | Report Abuse

Correct lo, I say banking sector really going to be gone case very soon, unless you are in the sales department still okay a bit. Operations and back end support all moving towards automation... That's why these days one valuable skill you can have is to know how to code!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 11:37 | Report Abuse

Not everyone can do sales, but given the patience and perseverance to learn and ltrain to become thick face they can become very successful. But mostly youngster today have too much ego and rather face the computer, these kind of jobs will soon be replace by AI and they will become very sad after this revolution.

Sslee

4,645 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-29 12:21 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
I read with great concern on the pessimistic view of Malaysia future by many commentators. So please allow me to state some fact.

Refer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Malaysia
“The economy of Malaysia is the 4th largest in Southeast Asia,[19] and is the 38th largest economy in the world. Malaysian labour productivity is significantly higher than neighbouring Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines or Vietnam due to a high density of knowledge-based industries and adoption of cutting edge technology for manufacturing and digital economy. According to the Global Competitiveness Report 2017, the Malaysian economy is the 23rd most competitive country in the world in the period of 2017–18.[20]

Malaysian citizens lead a much more affluent lifestyle compared to their peers in upper-middle income countries like Mexico, Turkey, and Brazil. This is due to a low national income tax, low cost of local food, transport fuel, household essentials, a fully subsidized single payer public-healthcare and comprehensive social welfare benefit with direct cash transfer.[21] With an income per capita of 28,681 PPP Dollars (2017 World Bank) or 10,620 nominal US Dollars, Malaysia is the third wealthiest nation in Southeast Asia after the smaller city-states of Singapore and Brunei.[22] Malaysia has a newly industrialised market economy, which is relatively open and state-oriented.[23][24] The Malaysian economy is highly robust and diversified with the export value of high-tech products in 2015 standing at US$57.258 billion, the second highest after Singapore in ASEAN.[25] Malaysia exports the second largest volume and value of palm oil products globally after Indonesia.[26]

Despite government policies to increase income per capita in order to hasten the progress towards high income country by 2020, Malaysia's growth in wages has been very slow, lagging behind the OECD standard. Academic research by the IMF and World Bank have repeatedly called for structural reform and endogenous innovation to move the country up the value chain of manufacturing into allowing Malaysia to escape the current middle income trap. Due to a heavy reliance on oil exports for central government revenue, the currency fluctuations have been very volatile, noticeably during the supply glut and oil price collapse in 2015. However the government stepped up measures to increase revenue by introducing the Sales and Service Tax (SST) at 6% rate[27] to reduce deficits and meet federal debt obligations”

So my question instead of questioning why the starting salary of fresh graduate is low, why not ask yourself, why you deserve a higher salary and what have you contribute to the growth of company?
My starting paid was RM1000 in year 1986 as production engineer with accommodation provided. I make 4 careers change and in each career change I beg multi-bagger in salary increase this is because I make myself valuable by learned up what is required by the industry and never stop learning and take on more responsibility. The only way to get a good salary is by working hard and do not stay still in your comfort zone but constantly challenge your limit.

I have to agree Malaysia is 23rd most competitive country in the world in term of ease of setting up and running business because of our better infrastructure (Road, Power, Pipe NG, Pipe Water, Port, Logistic, Support Facilities and etc) and trainable skill/multi language manpower. In Medan every “shop” and industries have their own diesel genset. Indonesia can never able to compete with Malaysia’s utilities, logistic, finance and shipping cost in international trade.
Malaysia is a bless country let’s work together to build a better Malaysia for our future generation.

Thank you
P/S: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2019/03/27/we-need-leaders-who-focus-on-the-bigger-picture/
Pressing priorities face our country, our leaders, and us, the people. We have to rebuild the nation with coffers drained empty by previous leaders. The economic challenge is monumental and unprecedented. It’s tough for ordinary people like us to even begin to imagine what it will take.
There’s also the urgent need to unite the nation in the face of vicious and relentless attempts to tear it apart using race and religion. We cannot afford to be distracted from these priorities. That’s what the enemies of the nation want. To overcome them, we must stay united as a team, and our leaders must stay focused.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 12:54 | Report Abuse

Unker sslee, sometimes in life it's good to be optimistic, but that optimism needs to have a limit, you need to identify the fundamental issues going on with this country. Of course it's a wonderful country in terms of natural resources. But other than that everything is moving in the wrong direction. Which is why sooner or later we will be ranked last in SEA, don't be surprised about that. With the mentality of our workers and the culture we practise, we are definitely unable to compete with our neighbours.

Sslee

4,645 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-29 13:36 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Be careful of what you wish for. A government of UMNO+ PAS is a government of racist, bigot and religion extremist. What choice do we have now?

PH overpromised and under delivered that is the un-denied fact and many of our Ministers/MB are pure incompetent and playing the same racial and religion card of UMNO+PAS.
But if Malaysians gave up as easily as that, we would never have achieved the success of May 9, 2018. Our work of rebuilding Malaysia is only half-finished. Democracy/rebuilding is not accomplished as soon as the election is over.

We still have a lot of work to do to unite Malaysians and to move past racism and religious intolerance. Giving up now because of Tun Mahathir stubbornness who is in a hurry but who has to work with past legacy, inexperience or totally incompetent cabinet ministers, internal backstabbing and external big foreign force at play (US-China-EU) is show a lack of moral fibre and understanding of the many complexity of works need to be done. Please give Tun Mahathir two years and then see what DSAI can do.

Thank you

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 13:36 | Report Abuse

Unker sslee, it's not what we wish for... But it's an extremely likely outcome for GE15. Don't believe me? It's just a few years away.

okok77

1 posts

Posted by okok77 > 2019-03-29 13:41 | Report Abuse

Most of the cos like to hire lazy ppl, those work hard become jobless.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 13:42 | Report Abuse

those work hard one moved to pastures which are greener, a place where their effort is appreciated, their time is compensated accordingly.

Posted by (Clark GKent) Philip > 2019-03-29 13:42 | Report Abuse

Just as in investing you don't build wealth in a month or 3, I think it will take years to pull ourselves out of the mess that is bn government since Independence. It will take time, but it will happen.

Patience is the key.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-29 13:44 | Report Abuse

agree, but we still have to voice...as a feedback loop for corrective actions

Posted by Sslee > Mar 29, 2019 1:36 PM | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Be careful of what you wish for. A government of UMNO+ PAS is a government of racist, bigot and religion extremist. What choice do we have now?

PH overpromised and under delivered that is the un-denied fact and many of our Ministers/MB are pure incompetent and playing the same racial and religion card of UMNO+PAS.
But if Malaysians gave up as easily as that, we would never have achieved the success of May 9, 2018. Our work of rebuilding Malaysia is only half-finished. Democracy/rebuilding is not accomplished as soon as the election is over.

We still have a lot of work to do to unite Malaysians and to move past racism and religious intolerance. Giving up now because of Tun Mahathir stubbornness who is in a hurry but who has to work with past legacy, inexperience or totally incompetent cabinet ministers, internal backstabbing and external big foreign force at play (US-China-EU) is show a lack of moral fibre and understanding of the many complexity of works need to be done. Please give Tun Mahathir two years and then see what DSAI can do.

Thank you

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-29 13:46 | Report Abuse

fundamental root cause..has to do with our education system

we are not nurturing competence, creativity, openness, cooperation....

Posted by (Clark GKent) Philip > Mar 29, 2019 1:42 PM | Report Abuse

Just as in investing you don't build wealth in a month or 3, I think it will take years to pull ourselves out of the mess that is bn government since Independence. It will take time, but it will happen.

Patience is the key.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 13:47 | Report Abuse

Unker Philip, like I said optimism must have a limit. Look at our policy, just like how look at the fundamentals of a company. You said before you don't invest in turnaround companies, what you are doing is exactly contradicting yourself, Malaysia is just like a Sapura Energy on larger scale, weak fundamentals because of race-based policies. Given 62 years with so much natural resources, yet lagged so far behind Singapore, there's a reason for this. Just like what you said some companies deserve high PE (in this case we can say that's just like Singapore), while some company is worth more dead than alive (at least I hope we are not at that kind of state).

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-29 13:48 | Report Abuse

cooperation - teamwork , transparency and fairness matters a lot to motivate competent workforce from leaving the country...

race, religion game will bring you back to the 3rd world...

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 13:55 | Report Abuse

That's embedded in the constitutions, so you really need to look at the fundamentals. FUNDAMENTAL IS KEY TO EVERYTHING. Next you look at the CULTURE. Everything we have is moving at the wrong way, blind hope is not the solution

lextcs

1,961 posts

Posted by lextcs > 2019-03-29 13:56 | Report Abuse

JIBKOR is a JOKE that's for Sure

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 13:58 | Report Abuse

Philip don't forget Time is the friend of a wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre. Not sure if we are even mediocre now, patience when applied wrongly can be disastrous. Look at Sapura Energy, from RM 4 to now barely 35 cents. This concept can be applied to countries as well, afterall countries are just companies operating on a larger scale and more complex structures.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 13:59 | Report Abuse

It's just like buying USD when the exchange rate is USD 3 to MYR 1, compared to now. You know how it goes

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-29 14:05 | Report Abuse

exactly - its a composite of all businesses

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 29, 2019 1:58 PM | Report Abuse

Philip don't forget Time is the friend of a wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre. Not sure if we are even mediocre now, patience when applied wrongly can be disastrous. Look at Sapura Energy, from RM 4 to now barely 35 cents. This concept can be applied to countries as well, afterall countries are just companies operating on a larger scale and more complex structures.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-29 14:12 | Report Abuse

your country currency is just like the shares of the company...

just like companies issue bonus shares as per the growing value of the business...to maintain the same price per share..

central bank print money to prevent deflation or inflation

difference is Central Bank is obliged to do it...but its optional for listed company (cause of share price rise)

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 29, 2019 1:59 PM | Report Abuse

It's just like buying USD when the exchange rate is USD 3 to MYR 1, compared to now. You know how it goes

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 15:38 | Report Abuse

This is a classical case of placing your priorities on the wrong thing.

One good example would be like a CEO of a company, one of their objectives is to maximise shareholder's wealth not own's wealth. I will cite an example here: CEO of a company sell off one of the most profitable subsidiary and give out special dividend when the debt level is absurdly high. (You all so smart I no need say which company this is lah).

Education system in a total mess, what's your primary objective? Improve it of course, why are you prioritising everything else other than that?

In everything, you must have a CLEAR OBJECTIVE of what you are doing. Why are you on Bursa? For me is to PUNT some extra pocket money. UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WANT is the first STEP to SUCCESS, because along the way you are bound to become lost and you will start doing stupid and irrelevant things. That's when you become a real joke!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 15:45 | Report Abuse

That's why I said classical case of mind wandering off and focusing on the wrong things. Must have not set the right goal in the first place.

Singapore placed the most emphasis on their education system, they are competitive, their English standard is way above ours. That's why they became where they are today.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-29 15:46 | Report Abuse

lol!

Posted by Fortune Bull > Mar 29, 2019 3:41 PM | Report Abuse

Now the education minister priorities are to make sure schoolgoers wear black shoes, building swimmin pools and now going cashless to all school canteens! Good job dummy!

ks55

3,487 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2019-03-29 15:50 | Report Abuse

Education Minister must go back to school leh....
What is most urgently needed?
Go cashless in school canteen?

He thinks every parent can afford to buy smartphone fro his school going children.

He thinks every parent can afford internet fees just to pay for canteen food.

Quality and commitment of school teachers can only found in tuition centres, not in school.

Instead of doing part time in tuition centres, formal lesson in school already become part time job........................

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 15:53 | Report Abuse

fucking policy loh....also why need to build so many new school leh??

Brady over capacity loh...just start 2 session school, like what we use to do mah....!!

A school can have 2 session and even nite time and weekend & can also be use to double up as a vocational training centre, for aspiring adults loh..!!

Some huge under capacity of existing school should be merge with next nearest similiar school thus free up the excess either for private school use, in this way govt can make money renting out their excess capacity or the land sold for condominium loh...!!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 29, 2019 3:38 PM | Report Abuse

This is a classical case of placing your priorities on the wrong thing.

One good example would be like a CEO of a company, one of their objectives is to maximise shareholder's wealth not own's wealth. I will cite an example here: CEO of a company sell off one of the most profitable subsidiary and give out special dividend when the debt level is absurdly high. (You all so smart I no need say which company this is lah).

Education system in a total mess, what's your primary objective? Improve it of course, why are you prioritising everything else other than that?

In everything, you must have a CLEAR OBJECTIVE of what you are doing. Why are you on Bursa? For me is to PUNT some extra pocket money. UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WANT is the first STEP to SUCCESS, because along the way you are bound to become lost and you will start doing stupid and irrelevant things. That's when you become a real joke!

Fortune Bull
1757 posts
Posted by Fortune Bull > Mar 29, 2019 3:41 PM | Report Abuse

Now the education minister priorities are to make sure schoolgoers wear black shoes, building swimmin pools and now going cashless to all school canteens! Good job dummy!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 15:55 | Report Abuse

Exactly, no offense but most Malaysian can't even drive on the road properly already. Can you imagine when they start flying??? IF IT EVEN FLIES PROPERLY!!!!

Correct, most teachers are in school for the sake of retirement pension!!! Clearly the compensation package is wrong just like how some top level executives are compensated. Their interest are not aligned with the shareholders, in this case the teacher's interest are not aligned with the quality of education!!

If this is not rectified, this country is definitely hopeless.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 15:57 | Report Abuse

Education Minister is ok guy, but not very popular.

Its a tough ministry.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 15:59 | Report Abuse

Ok guy ??

U r very low standard loh...!!

posted by qqq3 > Mar 29, 2019 3:57 PM | Report Abuse

Education Minister is ok guy, but not very popular.

Its a tough ministry.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 16:02 | Report Abuse

Tough or not, it does not mean you can implement policies which does not add benefit at all. Tell me cashless payment system in schools, how does it even add value at all? What's the cost of it? Does the cost justify the benefit gained (if there's even any)? So school starts cashless payment system to track student's spending pattern for future marketing purpose now? Really ???

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:02 | Report Abuse

In time , people will know Mazleee has done more than any other Education Minister in the past 60 to improve the education of the country......the others have only make things worse.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 16:03 | Report Abuse

That's not true, unker qqq3, the one who did the most damage is the guy who changed SPM and STPM to Malay, I have no idea who he is, but I will remember what he did. That's when everything started going downhill.

Just like one wrong move in a company, and that's when your share price start sliding, same scenario here.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 16:05 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:07 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Mar 29, 2019 4:05 PM | Report Abuse

What he did leh ???
=========

slowly and quietly makes life better for teachers, students and parents.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 16:08 | Report Abuse

That is around tun razak time loh...!!

Not mahathir or anwarr both just follow up with tun razak's aspiration loh.....!!

Posted by Fortune Bull > Mar 29, 2019 4:05 PM | Report Abuse

Punter! That was Anwar Ibrahim!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:10 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Mar 29, 2019 4:05 PM | Report Abuse

What he did leh ???
=========

slowly and quietly makes life better for teachers, students and parents.

but the real test will come in how he can improve English skills in Malaysia....some thing his boss also put in high priority.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 16:11 | Report Abuse

Correct English is very very very important !!!

At the end of the day if the education standard does not improve, the minimum wage will remain low. And sooner or later we will only be worth manual labour to other countries or even our labours.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 16:13 | Report Abuse

... even our neighbours***

mkmike

220 posts

Posted by mkmike > 2019-03-29 16:14 | Report Abuse

Everyday is all about Race and Religion. What is there left to discourse?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 16:15 | Report Abuse

Today it's about education and income, but the main problem stems you know what!!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 16:20 | Report Abuse

Useless lah....the school has even become more religious and racial loh...non bumi don dare to go to public....if they can afford it loh...!!

They rather continue with UEC or private if they can afford it loh...!!

Btw...why Brady the Mara campus...don open up for non bumi leh ??

The benefit if they open up there is 5 fold,
1. It create higher standard by injecting competition.
2. Msia will save huge foreign reserve by reducing the needs to go to foreign and private university loh...!!
Furthermore non bumi will not so hard press to build their own university like TAR, New Era university etc loh...!!
3. The Mara campus are already over capacity in anywhere, filling up with more student will make it more efficient loh...!!
4. These campuses are funded by taxpayers...but use only for bumi but excluding the rest of the citizen is it not discrimatory leh ??
5. Even the Public university there are quotas...does this not means there are more than enough capacity for malay students ??

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:21 | Report Abuse

and I think learning to swim is very important..every year too many young children gets drowned.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-29 16:23 | Report Abuse

unker qqq3, if you are not on i3 i really think you are our Education Minister...

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 16:25 | Report Abuse

Poor english one thing loh....!!

But overall education also jatuh standard mah...!!

Take thailand, korea, taiwan and china they use their own language to teach...but their overall standard never jatuh like msia loh...!!

In fact china is so terror, it is catching up with USA & Japan loh...!!

posted by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 29, 2019 4:11 PM | Report Abuse

Correct English is very very very important !!!

At the end of the day if the education standard does not improve, the minimum wage will remain low. And sooner or later we will only be worth manual labour to other countries or even our labours.

Posted by mkmike > Mar 29, 2019 4:14 PM | Report Abuse

Everyday is all about Race and Religion. What is there left to discourse?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:25 | Report Abuse

Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 29, 2019 4:23 PM | Report Abuse

unker qqq3, if you are not on i3 i really think you are our Education Minister...
=======

its a very tough portfolio.....too many problems and 60 years of neglect and wrong policies.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:28 | Report Abuse

There is little the Minister can do in short term ( except talk ) that can make a difference because the quality of teachers are very lousy.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:33 | Report Abuse

our youth minister is home grown and he is from middle class family................

That shows Malaysian schools got hope.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-29 16:35 | Report Abuse

Just bcos few people got drown must kena learn to swim meh ??

But u teach them swimming, high risk more will get drown during swimming lesson bcos don know how to teach, negligent or teaching standard too low loh...!!

In other words u create more problem mah....!!

Just simple common sense mah...if u don know how to swim, just avoid risky water loh....!!

Even u know how to swim...u dare go far end of the beach...where the under current may sweep u away loh...!!

Or mining pull...u dare to jump in...without proper equipment even u know how to swim loh...!!

Raider a bronze medal swimmer for Penang...also don dare simply swim loh....!!

The problem is not know how to swim, but how to manage safety loh...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 29, 2019 4:21 PM | Report Abuse

and I think learning to swim is very important..every year too many young children gets drowned.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 16:41 | Report Abuse

stockraider > Mar 29, 2019 4:35 PM | Report Abuse

Just bcos few people got drown must kena learn to swim meh ??
===

a lot of kampong lives can be saved.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz