Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-26 22:04 | Report Abuse

Posted by i3lurker > Mar 26, 2021 8:59 PM | Report Abuse

sslee

anti China brands are H&M, Nike, Adidas and Burberry

should we boycott them?

Haha i3lurker,
How many Malaysians can afford to buy those luxurious brands but know how much revenue these big brands generated from China market?

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-26 22:08 | Report Abuse

My shoes from Bata.

i3lurker

13,753 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-03-26 22:09 | Report Abuse

haha sslee

you can afford to buy Hugo Boss suit lah.
Use as pyjamas or as bath robe to absorb water since you dun need for office use.

Hugo Boss put out a statement on Thursday night, saying the company “upholds its insistence on producing and manufacturing high-quality products, using fabrics from all over the world, including raw materials from major production areas in China,” including Xinjiang cotton.

“Over the years, we have always respected the one-China principle and firmly defended the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country. We have established long-term cooperation with many outstanding Chinese companies and will continue to do so. Xinjiang long-staple cotton is one of the best in the world and we believe that quality raw materials will realize value. We will continue to purchase and support Xinjiang cotton,” it added.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-26 22:17 | Report Abuse

Haha my suit is St Michael where the label is cut off becuase failed the internal quality inspection. These suit are selling for a song.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-26 22:20 | Report Abuse

Bata Power sport shoes are very comfortable and reasonable price.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-03-26 22:43 | Report Abuse

Haha, I used to buy sketches shoes but my dogs destroyed them within two months. I decided to buy rm 99 power brand from BATA. Equally good.

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 22:44 | Report Abuse

Landmark report finds china's treatment of uighurs breaches UN genocide convention

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/09/chinas-treatment-of-uighurs-breaches-un-genocide-convention-finds-landmark-report

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 22:48 | Report Abuse

Evidence of beijing's intent to 'destroy' uighurs as a distinct people

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/asia/china-uyghurs-xinjiang-genocide-report-intl-hnk/index.html

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 22:50 | Report Abuse

UN human rights chief decries abuses in xinjiang, arrests in hong kong

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/27/un-rights-chief-decries-abuses-in-xinjiang-arrests-in-china

i3lurker

13,753 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-03-26 22:59 | Report Abuse

This reminds me of a long ago CNN Headline which reads => "Israel kills Palestinian teenager"

The same incident was reported by another newspaper as an 18 year old heavily armed man who was shot dead by Israel police after he killed several Jews.

Go figure it out yourself......

Posted by Fortunebooming > Mar 26, 2021 10:52 PM | Report Abuse

And sources from Cnn and Aljazeera! It's as good as science fiction!

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 23:16 | Report Abuse

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-rights-un-idUSKBN1KV1SU

Is Reuters & UN also rubbish?

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 23:17 | Report Abuse

Everything that criticises china in the slightest is 'rubbish' to china worshippers & fanboys like you

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-26 23:18 | Report Abuse

Haha,
The title implied UN human rights chief arrests in hong kong. Really?

So is US and Western world opening declared war and totol destruction of Taliban and many others group not a genocide by UN standard?

Is US commit genocide by forcefully separete illegal imigrate children from parent at Mexico border?

Is US Guantanama camp a genocide camp? Or for the fact all US jail is genocide camp.

Did China commit genocide on Han Chinese with one child policy?

Article 2 of the Convention defines genocide as

... any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-26 23:28 | Report Abuse

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2019/7/25/the-growing-threat-of-sectarianism-in-malaysia

Is above report implied Malaysia guilty of genocide?

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 23:29 | Report Abuse

That title just meant that UN human rights chief decries or deplores or condemns:

(1) abuses (of human rights) in xinjiang; and

(2) arrests (of dissenters or demonstrators) in hong kong

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 23:42 | Report Abuse

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-xinjiang-idUSKCN2AT1BA

When some uighur women makes claims of abuses in xinjiang foreign minister wang wenbin immediately makes explicit personal attacks on them to destroy & discredit their character & reputation

typical china opression style

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > 2021-03-26 23:45 | Report Abuse

Repressed minorities have nobody to turn to for help inside their own country

They need outsiders to stand up for them & defend them

i3lurker

13,753 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-03-26 23:47 | Report Abuse

You are talking about Hindraf going to London appealing to the Ghost of Princess Diana for help?

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > Mar 26, 2021 11:45 PM | Report Abuse

Repressed minorities have nobody to turn to for help inside their own country

They need outsiders to stand up for them & defend them

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-26 23:52 | Report Abuse

So what is the different arrests in hong kong and arrests in Capitol hill?

i3lurker

13,753 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-03-26 23:55 | Report Abuse

Naturally the Hindraf guy Waytha who went to London to appeal to the Ghost of Princess Diana for help got imprisoned in Malaysia.

When he got imprisoned thats classified as genocide too....

:)

ykloh

514 posts

Posted by ykloh > 2021-03-26 23:56 | Report Abuse

Not that I love China more, but Malaysia loves me less.

i3lurker

13,753 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-03-26 23:58 | Report Abuse

Obviously The Devil makes Hong Kong arrests but The Most Holy God makes Capitol Hill arrests

I rest my case

:)

Posted by Sslee > Mar 26, 2021 11:52 PM | Report Abuse

So what is the different arrests in hong kong and arrests in Capitol hill?

i3lurker

13,753 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-03-26 23:59 | Report Abuse

Are you talking bad about politicians who make Policy Statements that they are Malays first and then maybe they are Malaysians only on certain days?

Posted by ykloh > Mar 26, 2021 11:56 PM | Report Abuse

Not that I love China more, but Malaysia loves me less.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 00:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by GoldenHarvest1 > Mar 26, 2021 11:45 PM | Report Abuse

Repressed minorities have nobody to turn to for help inside their own country.

Luckily Malaysia got Siti Kasim to defend the repressed minorities.

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 2021-03-27 00:22 | Report Abuse

fortunebooming, stop talking krap & trying to confuse other guys while also confusing yourself

uighurs are citizens of china, but by ethnicity they are not han chinese, they are ethnic turkic people

they must not be forced to become han or rebranded as han

just like you are citizen of malaysia, but by ethnicity you are not malay, but ethnic chinese, so you cannot be forced to become malay or rebranded as malay

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 2021-03-27 00:24 | Report Abuse

To say that all citizens of china are 'han chinese' is commplete krap

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 2021-03-27 00:39 | Report Abuse

reforming uighurs includes raping their women in camps until they get std?

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 2021-03-27 00:48 | Report Abuse

After they get std from china soldiers raping them then china govt use that as 'evidence' to accuse them of being women of loose character, bad morals etc. etc. etc.

Wow, fantastic reform strategy, man

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 2021-03-27 02:55 | Report Abuse

Don't be absurd. Who is going to fight any war with china in xinjiang? Uighurs can fight china in xinjiang? With what? With digkks?

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 09:37 | Report Abuse

http://t.m.china.org.cn/convert/c_p5r1Z3TT.html
Cui said the big threat to people of all ethnic groups in Xinjiang, until very recently, was terrorist attacks, hurting and killing thousands of innocent people from all ethnic groups.

"It was a very serious threat. There was strong demand by the local people that the government had to do something to stop it. So this has been our priority, to stop the spread of terrorist attacks. Some of them are connected with international groups like ISIS," he said.

"There was mounting terrorist, extremist and violent ideology among the local population. That was also very dangerous. But what we did was not start war there. We did not use missiles or drones. We set up efforts for education and training, helping people to learn more about the law, to acquire good skills to improve their lives, find good jobs," he said.

Now the Xinjiang region has not seen a single terrorist attack in the last few years. "In terms of the population, the Uygur population has more than doubled in the last four decades," Cui said, adding that "So how can people talk about the so-called genocide?"

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 09:41 | Report Abuse

http://www.china.org.cn/english/139389.htm
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has, since ancient times, been populated by many ethnic groups, including a great number of nomadic tribes and nations. By the end of the 19th century, 13 major ethnic communities had established themselves there: the Uygurs, Hans, Kazaks, Mongolians, Huis, Kirgizs, Manchus, Xibes, Tajiks, Daurs, Ozbeks, Tatars and Russians. The Uygurs comprised the majority, and this multiethnic pattern remains even today.

Once called the "Western Region," Xinjiang includes China's northwest frontier in the heartland of Eurasia. It covers 1,664,900 square kilometers, one-sixth of the country's area, and shares a 5,600 km border with eight neighboring countries. According to the 2003 census, its population was 19,339,500, 39.9 percent of whom belonged to the Han ethnic majority. One of five autonomous regions in China, Xinjiang is home to 47 ethnic groups.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 09:47 | Report Abuse

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202102/1216578.shtml

Why is the US obsessed with smearing Xinjiang through gimmicks?

As the Trump administration has left, Joe Biden is busy "sterilizing" the White House. Meanwhile the sinister slander alleging "genocide" released by Mike Pompeo, the clown of the century, before losing his job, lives on.

Just as the Chinese people were happily celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year, accusations of "concentration camps," "forced labor," "compulsory sterilization," "systemic sexual assault" and other absurd claims of "crimes" were levied against Xinjiang.

To clarify, China has so far released more than 10 white papers elaborating economic and social development of Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. The regional government of Xinjiang has held over 20 press conferences, invited more than 1,200 diplomats, journalists and representatives of religious organizations from more than 100 countries to visit Xinjiang. Not long ago, Xinhua News Agency published "Lies on Xinjiang-related issues versus the truth," listing and debunking a total of 24 Xinjiang-related prevarications.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-03-27 10:04 | Report Abuse

Alot of people complain & puzzle why alot of chinese Msian do not take side when come to SCS dispute with China leh ??

1. Put it this way loh, if we take side that will lead to officially declaring war with china, that will not benefit msia whatsoever.

2. Yes china claim of SCS is huge but that has no impacted to msia, u can see our huge petroleum mining are still going on strong as usual & that the petroleum, still has contributed to huge chunked of our GDP, by declaring war with China thru siding with USA will mean our peaceful co-existent with China will be in jeopardy and that will threaten our economy for creating trouble.

3. China is usually a peaceful loving country unless threaten, they prefer cooperations than conflicts mah...!! In fact China has extended an olive branch to SCS claimant nation to cooperate & share prosperity thru joint venture & peaceful negotiation for new source of wealth in SCS when new source is discovered to be developed.
Thus it is very unlikely the existing Petroleum resources currently developed by Msia will be snatched by China loh!!
However for new greenfield resources in which china has a claimed, China hope that it can jointly participate & develop these resources with the claimant participating nation mah...!!

Conclusion:
It does not serve any good purpose to take side with USA who is 7000km away & escalate the conflict with China our close neighbour. We should in fact take advantage of this opportunity to work closely to develop the resources together mah!

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-03-27 10:14 | Report Abuse

Do you notice none of the muslim countries condemn China on the alleged genocide or forced labour issues in Xinjang but rather it is the Christian western countries who are more concerned on Xinjiang muslims. Ironically , the western countries did not sanction myammar over the factual genocides pepetrated by myammar army when millions of Rohinyas ran away from Rakine myammar and became refugees in South East Asia. When Donald Trump decided to stop Americans from buying cotton from Xinjiang, their intention was clear that is to cause hardship to the muslims in Xinjiang and with the intent to destabilize China. Dont fall into US trap and believe they care for the muslims in xinjiang. They have a bigger agenda.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-03-27 10:30 | Report Abuse

Correctloh...!!
USA & allies never care for muslim interest, they only care for their own interest & agenda mah...!!

If u talk about human rights, Saudi Arabia a protege of usa is the biggest abuser of human rights, why saudi is not sanctioned by the west leh ??

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 10:35 | Report Abuse

Previously US and Western media play up the Tibet and Dalai lama issue but found little listener.

So now they are playing up Xinjiang and SCS just to put down China.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/world/chinese-ambassador-cui-tiankai-amanpour-intl/index.html

(CNN)China's goal is not to replace the United States as the world's leading country, the Chinese Ambassador to the US said Thursday.

"Our goal is to meet the growing inspiration of the Chinese people for better life. Our goal is not to compete with, or replace any other country," Cui Tiankai told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview.

"This has never been our national strategy," Cui added.

The Chinese Ambassador was responding to comments made earlier on Thursday by US President Joe Biden, who said that China had "an overall goal of becoming the leading country in the world, the wealthiest country in the world and the most powerful country in the world."

"It's not going to happen on my watch," added Biden, who spoke at length about his administration's goals with China during his first presidential news conference on Thursday

Cui told CNN: "What today's world wants, and what tomorrow's world would want, is to join efforts by all countries to build a community of nations for a shared future."

"We don't think any attempt to divide the world into different camps or even build confrontational military approach, we don't think this kind of approach is a solution. Actually, this is a problem in itself," he said.

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-03-27 10:41 |

Post removed.Why?

ks55

3,845 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2021-03-27 11:35 | Report Abuse

President Xi told Sleeping Joe. "I spent my whole life building China to what we are now. As long as I am in charge, nobody is going to knock it down. Whoever govern China, must have iron rod with him, or giving up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytMXSLeqFMY

ks55

3,845 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2021-03-27 11:53 | Report Abuse

China met US face to face across the table in Alaska.
What China told US? STOP IT! You are not talking to China from strength. We are thinking too high on the US, how come basic diplomatic protocol also fail to comply with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncqgJA0a3p8

ks55

3,845 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2021-03-27 12:14 | Report Abuse

UK is a sunset country, yet try to act as Tarzan. More retaliation against UK on the way. Next could be Foreign Secretary Raab for talking nonsense and lies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncqgJA0a3p8

DickyMe

14,694 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2021-03-27 12:26 | Report Abuse

China has just taken a baby step towards it's economy downfall.

treasurehunt

1,814 posts

Posted by treasurehunt > 2021-03-27 12:32 | Report Abuse

What a pity to Malaysia Chinese for shouting hurray to China for whatever things happening there while ignoring SCS or dare not utter a single word to protest against it.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 12:35 | Report Abuse

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-03-26/Beijing-So-called-Xinjiang-Uygur-issue-is-U-S-strategic-conspiracy-YWHS6WxfAQ/index.html

The U.S. does not really care about the Uygurs, if so, it would not had declared wars on several Muslim countries in the name of counter-terrorism and caused millions of Muslims to lose their lives and homes after the 9/11 attacks, Hua noted.

The spokesperson further stated that the U.S. is the only country in the world that issues the "Muslim Ban" in 2017 which banned foreign nationals from seven predominantly Muslim countries from visiting the country for 90 days.

Their real purpose is to destroy China's safety and stability so as to contain China, said Hua.

Today's China is not Iraq, Syria, and by no means be the late Qing Dynasty which was invaded by the then eight great powers in the world, Hua stated solemnly, reaffirming that the country has the firm determination, will and capability to defend its sovereignty, security, national dignity and interests.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 12:39 | Report Abuse

What a pity still got Malaysians support US for wars on several Muslim countries in the name of counter-terrorism and caused millions of Muslims to lose their lives and homes after the 9/11 attacks.

treasurehunt

1,814 posts

Posted by treasurehunt > 2021-03-27 12:39 | Report Abuse

It could be Malaysia Chinese feel proud of protecting interests of China rather than Malaysia interests , the place where they are living.

treasurehunt

1,814 posts

Posted by treasurehunt > 2021-03-27 12:42 | Report Abuse

They don’t have the proud of protecting SCS for Malaysia through more discussion but they are more interested in topics of protecting China interests.

Sslee

5,792 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-27 12:44 | Report Abuse

The video was of a speech made by Lawrence Wilkerson, chief of staff to former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, at the Ron Paul Institute's Washington Conference in August 2018.

In the video, Wilkerson spoke about the three purposes of the U.S. military stationed in Afghanistan. One of the purposes stated is to contain China. In his speech, Wilkerson admitted the U.S. plots to create unrest in China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region by using the 20 million Uygurs so as to push the Han Chinese and Beijing and eventually collapse the country from the inside.

By showing the video, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying pointed out that the so-called Xinjiang Uygur issue is another "show" plotted by the U.S. to destabilize and contain China.

According to Hua, the U.S. plotted the invasion of Iraq by claiming that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in 2003. While the claim was overturned by the U.S. itself, who acknowledged that the so-called evidence of WMD is merely laundry powder.

The same scenario was played again in Syria in 2018 where the U.S. and its allies claimed Syria of using chemical weapons and launched air strikes on the country in response.

Hua then said the CIA and the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) also funded and directly participated in the rioting and turbulence in China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2019 with an attempt to launch a "color revolution" in the city.

treasurehunt

1,814 posts

Posted by treasurehunt > 2021-03-27 12:47 | Report Abuse

Look slowly at the surrounding responses of Malaysia Chinese in SCS then we would know why they responding such a way. Mana ada patriotic.

treasurehunt

1,814 posts

Posted by treasurehunt > 2021-03-27 12:52 | Report Abuse

It doesn’t mean we have to go for war with China for protecting SCS. At least, we must voice out the protest in the medias as a Malaysian. Keep silent would also mean agreeing.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz