1 person likes this.

73 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2022-05-12 13:13

s3phiroth

315 posts

Posted by s3phiroth > 2021-05-08 14:32 | Report Abuse

"Cpo rally wont last long la"

Heard that since cpo hits RM3000 last year.

The Biden's helicopter money will bring the commodities price to a level no one ever seen before.

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-05-08 14:32 | Report Abuse

Those who like glove counters can still pile up their hard earn moni in

glove counters. After all it is their hard earn moni n they can put their

moni anywhere they like ! I wish them prosperity in their investment.

s3phiroth

315 posts

Posted by s3phiroth > 2021-05-08 14:36 | Report Abuse

U buy glove stocks when they r about to make big money and sell when everyone else know they r making big money.

Same with palm oil stock, u buy palm oil stocks when they r about to make big money and sell when everyone else know they r making big money.

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-08 14:41 |

Post removed.Why?

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-05-08 14:41 | Report Abuse

This is the MOST learned n wise statement I got read in my whole life !

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-05-08 14:48 | Report Abuse

" U buy glove stocks when they r about to make big money and sell when everyone else know they r making big money.

Same with palm oil stock, u buy palm oil stocks when they r about to make big money and sell when everyone else know they r making big money. "

Above is the No 1 Law of Investment written in hard rock stone !

even overriding the investment laws by the global mkt god, WB !

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-08 15:05 | Report Abuse

Correctloh...ahbah veli panlai loh!

Posted by ahbah > May 8, 2021 2:48 PM | Report Abuse

" U buy glove stocks when they r about to make big money and sell when everyone else know they r making big money.

Same with palm oil stock, u buy palm oil stocks when they r about to make big money and sell when everyone else know they r making big money. "

Above is the No 1 Law of Investment written in hard rock stone !

even overriding the investment laws by the global mkt god, WB !

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-05-08 16:03 | Report Abuse

Palm oil price has been going up since last year, my question is why most of the palm oil companies are not reporting crazy profits? Please explain. The reason is labor shortage and low yield, palm oil price up also no use, not enough people harvest, thus the shortage which causes the price to go up. If they can solve the labor problem, then price will drop as supply will go up.

So, how can palm oil companies make big profit? Lets take United Plantation as an example, the best run plantation company in Malaysia with the best yield per hectare.

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/annqtyres/2089.jsp

Why are their profits not up since last year?

and what about SOP? Why are their profit not skyrocketing since 2020?

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/annqtyres/5126.jsp

This is not 1 or 2 companies, it is the entire industry, thus goes to show palm oil price can rally but as long as there is labor shortage, profit will not fly.

Aluminum price went up, PMetel profit goes up and so does the share price. Palm oil companies got make crazy profit or not?

Also, palm oil is not the only cooking oil, got many alternative.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-08 16:22 | Report Abuse

Very good question loh!

They cannot report crazy profit bcos production volume dropping too low due to lack of fertilizer use & lack of workers and the palmoil are suffering from record low price about 1.5 to 2 yrs ago mah!

Now palmoil has move up from rm 1880 to Rm 4780 per tonnes...the story changes very soon...productions volume are starting coming back due very good price mah!

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > May 8, 2021 4:03 PM | Report Abuse

Palm oil price has been going up since last year, my question is why most of the palm oil companies are not reporting crazy profits? Please explain. The reason is labor shortage and low yield, palm oil price up also no use, not enough people harvest, thus the shortage which causes the price to go up. If they can solve the labor problem, then price will drop as supply will go up.

So, how can palm oil companies make big profit? Lets take United Plantation as an example, the best run plantation company in Malaysia with the best yield per hectare.

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/annqtyres/2089.jsp

Why are their profits not up since last year?

and what about SOP? Why are their profit not skyrocketing since 2020?

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/annqtyres/5126.jsp

This is not 1 or 2 companies, it is the entire industry, thus goes to show palm oil price can rally but as long as there is labor shortage, profit will not fly.

Aluminum price went up, PMetel profit goes up and so does the share price. Palm oil companies got make crazy profit or not?

Also, palm oil is not the only cooking oil, got many alternative.

s3phiroth

315 posts

Posted by s3phiroth > 2021-05-08 17:09 | Report Abuse

The reason palm oil companies did not report crazy profits last year because the increase of average cpo price was barely offset the reduction of production.

if u look at the cpo price last year, the asp was barely hit RM3000. Now think about it, what if the asp hits RM4000 or even RM5000 this year? As the global commodities price keep surging due to helicopter money, this asp is a very possible scenario since cpo is in consolidation mode since beginning of the year. So r u going to act only when everyone knows the asp is at record high, just like what happened to glove asp now? Wait until these fcking IBs give u a ridiculous TP when the stock price hit the moon?

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-08 17:22 | Report Abuse

Palm oil is not the only cooking oil, got many alternative ??

Have you gone to Aeon, Giant, Cold Storage , MyDin, Econsave and compare all the different brand of cooking oil and their selling prices ?

And these are the groups of cooking oil

1. palm oil
2. soybean oil
3. corn oil
4. canola oil
5. sunflower seed oil
6. groundnut oil
7. coconut oil
8. olive oil

number 6, 7 and 8 are way too expensive for cooking

That left palm oil, soybean oil, corn oil, canola oil and sunflower seed oil

and of the 5 above Palm oil is cheaper by 30% to 50%

Now with rising food prices people cannot afford too expensive products so they will switch to the most affordable value for money palm oil

s3phiroth

315 posts

Posted by s3phiroth > 2021-05-08 17:23 | Report Abuse

Even if they manage to solve the labor shortage problem, i doubt that the cpo price will drop significantly because the price driver is no longer just supply and demand but helicopter money.

We all knew how helicopter money caused the ridiculous spike in global housing price and gold price 10 years.

This time the helicopter money goes to commodities and cryto.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-05-08 18:08 | Report Abuse

Calvin and Ahbah , Investment timing is very important and be at least medium and long term horizon . Dont buy at the peak . Gloves stocks had came down 50 to 60 % from the peaks in August last year . I did not promote glove counters then because the earnings were still not proven , PE were high . Glove stock prices peak before its ASP peak . There was a 9 months to a year lead of the share prices over its ASPs . Glove stocks had finally PROVEN to deliver fantastic results in the last 3 qtrs after August 2020 while their prices came down 50 % . THeir PE are less than 5 while they will continue to deliver superb results in the next few years with double and tripling of capacities . The palm oil price cannot keep going up forever since it started picking up 2 years ago in 2019 .Likewise , the oil palm counters will peak soon or already peak now before its palm oil ASP peak which may happen in 3 to 6 months time or even earlier . When palm oils ASP came down finally , do the plantation counters have doubling of capacities to compensate for the drop in ASPs ?

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-08 18:14 | Report Abuse

Palm oil peaked ?

Do you have the real figures ?

I have.

At my finger tips both glove share prices and palm oil price history

Will show you later

tansoonyg

61 posts

Posted by tansoonyg > 2021-05-08 18:18 | Report Abuse

Communities bull run will continue for next few months.
plantation stocks have opportunity to make 100 percent profit.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-08 18:36 | Report Abuse

Remember 2 of the world most richest & savvy investors w.buffet & bill gates like investing in farmland now mah!

U can emulate them now too mah....!!

Thats why the 2 richest savvy investors have taken note the point of concern that palmoil & commodity price cannot going up forever like the case of glove & eventually the commodity price will also fall 1 day mah!

To address this issue or concern w.buffet & bill gates, say buy farmland & palmoil plantation, even the commodity price fall, u still have great protection on the value of cheap plantation land & farmland mah..!

If u buy into cheap land, u have both margin of safety accorded by cheap land plus prospect of reaping great profit from high palmoil price loh!

Thus u should Quickly Buy into palmoil plantation now, b4 its price shoot up mah!

Time to be a little bit more contraian in view of mkt at reasonable high level mah!

Warren buffet says inflation is definitely coming in view of low interest interest and speculative sign such as bitcoin, rubbish stock price run up sky high and unrealistic stock valuation & expectation and now raw commodities price run up mah!

Bill Gates already bought alot of farmland at low in preparation & in anticipation for the coming armmagedoom coming mah!
Why would one the world tech best richest owner switch alot of his investment into farmland, this bcos farmland or value real estate if it is bought at reasonable low price, u cannot go wrong over longterm bcos the availability of land is limited, u cannot manufacture land like bitcoin mah!

Coming back to msia the equivalent to farmland is oil plantation, u still can get it real cheap & it is paying u reasonably good dividend loh...this is the best defensive & offensive play like bill gates and warren buffet had highlighted mah!

As calvin sifu said timber is at record price & palmoil at record price surely some optimism will spillover to plantation & timber share price mah!

But this up 1 to 2 sen is chicken feed mah, why up so little leh ??

Timber & palmoil share r suffering from lack of production mah and also huge impairment losses on its assets mah & previous falling share price mah!
Thus they are jittery on recovery of palmoil & timber share loh!! They want to see actual profit b4 jump in loh!!
That means if u base on profit...as indicator that means the share price will be lagging loh!

Then why promote Wtk leh ??
1. The owner , directors and insiders already accumulating quietly without fanfare mah!
2. The palmoil & timber production volume of wtk, mhc, jtiasa, boustead, ijm plant already creeping up loh...this is further support by the record price of its commodities. Just imagine u have higher prices & higher volume....that will be a very important sign of higher big profit coming mah!
3. The share price already corrected over 3 yrs of downtrend previously, when there is a big shakeout of all the weak holders...u can only grow more optimistic as time past by loh!
4. Wtk is sitting on some prime land that invested at a very low cost near major town & city, they are good development mah!
5. With all the liquidity & quantitative easing & low interest rate environment, u can see big inflation will be coming loh...!! Wtk in commodities business plus very big cheap land bank is a very good inflation protector mah!

Based on the above i think wtk , jayatiasa & ijmplant is the best pick to make profit & this is concur by sifu calvin findings also mah!

Posted by pjseow > May 8, 2021 6:08 PM | Report Abuse

Calvin and Ahbah , Investment timing is very important and be at least medium and long term horizon . Dont buy at the peak . Gloves stocks had came down 50 to 60 % from the peaks in August last year . I did not promote glove counters then because the earnings were still not proven , PE were high . Glove stock prices peak before its ASP peak . There was a 9 months to a year lead of the share prices over its ASPs . Glove stocks had finally PROVEN to deliver fantastic results in the last 3 qtrs after August 2020 while their prices came down 50 % . THeir PE are less than 5 while they will continue to deliver superb results in the next few years with double and tripling of capacities . The palm oil price cannot keep going up forever since it started picking up 2 years ago in 2019 .Likewise , the oil palm counters will peak soon or already peak now before its palm oil ASP peak which may happen in 3 to 6 months time or even earlier . When palm oils ASP came down finally , do the plantation counters have doubling of capacities to compensate for the drop in ASPs ?

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-05-08 20:05 | Report Abuse

SUMMARY FROM UNITED PLANTATION LATEST REPORT, THE BEST PLANTATION IN MALAYSIA:

WINDFALL TAX [ The higher palm oil price is, the more the gov tax ]:
In addition, windfall tax paid increased by 528.2% to RM9.2 million during the current quarter from RM1.5 million in the corresponding quarter.

OUTLOOK [ Not enough labor ]:
Covid-19 developments continue to influence market sentiments. Normal supply/demand factors are still relevant, however, the bulk of the news headlines are related to the pandemic and the progress made in terms of the global vaccination roll out.

A direct Covid-19 related factor impacting the Malaysian Palm Oil Industry continues to be the pronounced travel disruptions preventing the recruitment of guest workers (who make up around 85% of the total labour force in the Malaysian plantation sector today) from taking place. This disruption has resulted in very considerable labour shortages throughout the Plantation Industry today including United Plantations Bhd.

Posted by NewKidOldSoul > 2021-05-08 20:23 | Report Abuse

I only started to trade in Bursa again year ago after stop for almost 10 years because lost money. On and Off I do come to i3investor to check on so call "expert" recommendation for stocks to invest. I do not know who is this Calvintaneng, but I did made profit from HLT, Carepls, Esceram, Naim, Jtiasa, MHC, TDM and THplant because of his recommendations. I also lost money on Netx and recently AZRB (still holding) because of him too. So to me is still quite high % of success rate. Of course I do some layman TA and FA before invest. Thank you Calvintaneng.

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-08 20:43 | Report Abuse

NewKidOldSchool

Calvin very happy for you.

You made your own right decision to buy or sell

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-08 20:55 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng Palm oil peaked ?

Do you have the real figures ?

I have.

At my finger tips both glove share prices and palm oil price history

Will show you later
08/05/2021 6:14 PM

OK let us SEE where palm oil prices stand from historical records

We will only highlight 2 - Thplant & IjmPlant

1) THPLANT (5112) Current price

Let's See Record from STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE BY DYNAQUEST

YEAR...LOWEST PRICE...HIGHEST PRICE

2004.....NOT LISTED
2005.....NOT LISTED
2006...0.70...........Rm1.13
2007...0.98...........Rm1.54
2008...0.78...........Rm1.59
2009...0.98...........Rm1.47
2010..Rm1.17..........Rm1.76
2011..Rm1.54..........Rm1.90
2012..Rm1.60..........Rm2.49
2013..Rm1.60..........Rm2.00
2014..Rm1.64..........Rm2.18

Current price of ThPlant is 55 sen and FCPO May 2021 now Rm4,885

Historic high of Cpo was 2012 to 2014
Thplant was Rm1.60 (low) & Rm2.49 (high)

THAT MEANS THAT IF THPANT SHOULD FOLLOW HISTORIC PATTERN PRICE SHOULD 1ST CROSS RM1.00 & THEN MOVE BACK TO RM1.50 TO RM2.49 RANGE AT BULL PEAK

Beltland

612 posts

Posted by Beltland > 2021-05-08 21:07 | Report Abuse

MiaoMiao ,who cares you are from village or from jungle ,we come here to make money from share trading ,if you don't like plantation stock,please don't buy plantation share. For those who would like to support Calvin promotion,please go ahead ,time will prove Calvin is right most of the time !!!

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-08 21:08 | Report Abuse

Since miawmiaw talked about lack of Indon guest workers

We will highlight IJM PLANTATION (2216) Price is Rm1.98

IJM PLANT HAS BOTH PALM OIL ESTATE & PALM OIL MILL IN KALIMANTAN & ALSO IN SUMATRA
SO ABUNDANT LABOURERS FOR THE PICKING

SEE

YEAR...LOWEST PRICE...HIGHEST PRICE

2004..Rm1.00........Rm1.40
2005...0.91.........Rm1.20
2006..Rm1.02........Rm1.66
2007..Rm1.36........Rm3.25
2008..Rm1.19........Rm4.01
2009..Rm1.81........Rm2.89
2010..Rm2.36........Rm3.14
2011..Rm2.38........Rm3.24
2012..Rm2.63........Rm3.77
2013..Rm2.75........Rm3.62
2014,,Rm3.11........Rm4.03

As you can see both in Years 2008 & 2014 IjMPLANT CROSSED THE RM4.00 MARK

So when I posted this article

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2021-05-05-story-h1564289753-IJMPLANT_2216_Rm1_86_Versus_HARTALEGA_GLOVE_5186_Rm99_80_COMPARE_CONTRA.jsp

I gave IJMPLANT THE TARGET PRICE OF RM4.00

THIS FIGURE IS NOT PLUCKED OUT FROM THIN AIR BUT RECORDED TWICE IN ITS PLANTATION UPCYCLE TIME

AND WE ARE NOW IN THE VERY MIDST OF THIS CURRENT UPCYCLE WHICH IS NOW UNFOLDING RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES

henry888

2,247 posts

Posted by henry888 > 2021-05-09 09:32 | Report Abuse

I do agreed with Calvin Tan. CPO price up is the catalyst to drive palm oil stock price rising. Same as Glove initially, the catalyst for the glove share prices rising was due to increasing rate of covid and aluminium too (China Factor). There is no permanent guarantee of this trend as no body knows what will happen in the future. Just like Glove when ppl bought glove share initially would they care about the vaccine roll out and now the same people are degrading the glove stock. Of course at the least have to be testified by few quarters'financial results. Palm oil stocks at this juncture am opine havn't gained the majority market players' consensus.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-05-09 11:38 | Report Abuse

What drives up palm oil prices?? This is a very fundamental question. The world total cooking oil consumption is almost fixed. The growth per year is only about 1 to 2 percent unlike gloves which grew more than 20 % last year and another 20 to 25 % this year and next year due to the covid pandemic. Post pandemic ,it is expected to grow between 12 to 15 % due to better hygience awareness from both medical and non medical fields. The palm oil uptrend is most likely due to shortages rather than increased demand because peoples dont suddenly use more oils for cooking . I do not think the potential use of palm oil as biodiesel for cars is feasible now because more and more countries are.going for EV. Once the shortage is overcomed, the high inventory will drive down the price. My opinion .

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-05-09 11:44 | Report Abuse

I bet you dont even know why palm oil price spiked on the last 2 trading days. let me school you - USD went down since palm oil is priced in RM.

Go compare palm oil price and USDvsRM in 2008 and 2014, then come back and tell me it is because of demand or weaker ringgit.

Are you predicting a weaker ringgit in the coming future?

This coming QR for most plantation will not be bad or good, probably average, why? It is rainy season, less fruits.

gohku

373 posts

Posted by gohku > 2021-05-09 11:46 | Report Abuse

I check out with some vegeoil expert the future palmoil can still be promising;

1. There are big shortages in vegeoil
2. All the inventory of vegeoil is running low.
3. The world population is increasing 2% to 3% pa supporting consumers consumption.
4. there wide use of palmoil from consumer food, cosmetic, toiletries, industrial use like lubrications, ethanol, aerosols and fuel and chemical applications.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 12:26 | Report Abuse

The direction is strong accumulation for IJMPLANT mah...!!

This company has 60k planted hectarage in sabah & indonesia, alot of its plantation is emerging as prime stage mah!
This will boost its revenue & profits with good cpo price loh...!!

U can expect superb result this coming December qtr mah...!!

Strong buy, do not missed loh!

What does this cpo price trend below tell U leh ??

Date Settlement Price RM
7 May 4788
3 Dec 3332
2 Dec 3316
1 Dec 3347
30 No 3305
27 No 3338
26 No 3227
25 Nov3285
24 No 3249
23 Nov 3326
20 Nov 3288

Ans; Rising CPO price and Rising Profit loh!!

Until Sept latest qtr result cpo average is roughly rm 2600 mah!!

December QTR we will be seeing conservatively Average Price Rm 3200, that is 23% increase in price n this increase revenue will all goes to the bottom line profit as there are no cost applicable to revenue generated from price increase loh...!!

Just imagine if Average palm oil price is Rm 2800, U already see super strong profit loh!! But now we are at above 4788 loh...!!

Can U forecast & project what will palmoil company potential super profit at rm 4500 cpo leh ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 12:37 | Report Abuse

Already confirmed palmoil plantation is going to make windfall profit ma!

Next is to make windfall gain on plantation stock price loh!

Jump in b4 too late loh!

Cpo at record rm 4700 per ton, the palmoil share price will go on rampage soon loh!

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-05-09 13:03 | Report Abuse

Miao Miao 7 , I tends to agree with you on the effect of US dollar downtrend due to huge QE by Biden . I remembered when Obama did a 2 trillion QE in 2009 and 2010 , our Ringgit strengthen from 3.8 to 3.0 . Last year D TRump did a 4 trillion QE . THis year Biden will do another 6 trillions money printing for pandemic , infrastructre and high tech investments .With oil price on the up trend our Ringgit will rise with respect to US Dollar . Unless Malaysia also print faster than US because of lower tax collections due to covid pandemic , our ringgit may remain at 4 level .

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 13:09 | Report Abuse

U must understand loh...a weaker USD is a strong case for commodity to go up mah!

In that case investing plantation is the best hedge against inflation beside giving good cashflow in the form of dividend loh!

Thats the reason why bill gates/ w.buffet says investing in farmland or equivalent plantation mah!

Posted by pjseow > May 9, 2021 1:03 PM | Report Abuse

Miao Miao 7 , I tends to agree with you on the effect of US dollar downtrend due to huge QE by Biden . I remembered when Obama did a 2 trillion QE in 2009 and 2010 , our Ringgit strengthen from 3.8 to 3.0 . Last year D TRump did a 4 trillion QE . THis year Biden will do another 6 trillions money printing for pandemic , infrastructre and high tech investments .With oil price on the up trend our Ringgit will rise with respect to US Dollar . Unless Malaysia also print faster than US because of lower tax collections due to covid pandemic , our ringgit may remain at 4 level .

Posted by Supermax2020 > 2021-05-09 13:19 | Report Abuse

PRICED IN ALREADY LA

s3phiroth

315 posts

Posted by s3phiroth > 2021-05-09 18:31 | Report Abuse

Somehow i just dont understand y u ppl is phobia about windfall tax. What is 3% of windfall tax? That means u pay extra RM3 tax when price increases RM100.

Let me ask u one thing: Would u rather to pay RM150 windfall tax if the price hit RM5000, or pay zero windfall tax if the price drop back to RM2500 or below? Use your brain man! Dont be penny wise pound foolish!

s3phiroth

315 posts

Posted by s3phiroth > 2021-05-09 18:33 | Report Abuse

Further more palm oil windfall tax is not something new but already exist decades ago!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 18:46 |

Post removed.Why?

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2021-05-09 19:04 | Report Abuse

windfall on palm oil not so fair to small holders with small output only....CARBON tax on polluting industry like steel, cement, furniture, chemical, plastic, coal power etc. based on the level of air pollution level it generates...this is fair

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2021-05-09 19:07 |

Post removed.Why?

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2021-05-09 19:09 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 19:13 | Report Abuse

Why windfall tax on palmoil & not gloves leh ?

U see palmoil is a commodity n it make use of msia natural resources like land & weather to make monies mah!

When there are super profit, the govt wants to tax on the windfall...loh!

The infra to tax more on palmoil is there mah!
Like having export tax...!!
Cess levy etc loh...!!
On top of that when palmoil do well...income tax is still being levy at existing rate the govt still collect more income tax mah!

Gloves...although it is a commodity...but it is an industrial product mah!

When super profit is make....they still pay high income tax...base on the proportionate tax rate applicable loh!

There is nothing to stop. msia govt..imposing more tax or windfall tax on gloves loh...but where do we stop from here leh ??

Then we should impose higher tax on telcos, banks, technology business as well whenever they make super profit meh ??

At the end base on this windfall policy the business men will see msia as a pariah country to do business with mah!
Thus they make invest else where loh!

They are no consistency & rule of law...if everytime, out of jealousy of people making more monies, The govt imposing new higher tax rate or windfall tax loh!

The good thing is the gloves realise there is need for social service...they have voluntary donated extra Rm 400m collectively to the msia govt for covid 19 fund loh!

Despite palmoil co after paying windfall profit to the Govt, most importantly palmoil plantation still make wind fall profit after paying out mah!

Posted by chinaman > May 9, 2021 7:04 PM | Report Abuse

windfall on palm oil not so fair to small holders with small output only....CARBON tax on polluting industry like steel, cement, furniture, chemical, plastic, coal power etc. based on the level of air pollution level it generates...this is fair

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-09 20:17 | Report Abuse

Palm oil companies earning so much pay 8% windfall tax is very ok

Only beggars, bankrupt and PN17 companies no money to pay tax

CCWONG

290 posts

Posted by CCWONG > 2021-05-09 20:20 | Report Abuse

Ability to pay tax comes from ability to make superb profits.

It is a good news indeed as Economists are good predictors.

Mabel

23,216 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2021-05-09 22:50 | Report Abuse

Mabel take away from all these development is a weaker USD is a strong case for commodity to go up..

In that case investing in plantation is the best hedge against inflation beside giving good cashflow in the form of dividend ..

That's the reason why Bill Gates/ Warren Buffet says investing in farmland or equivalent plantation is the best hedges against other sectors.

There may be some correction next week. However in the long run, Plantation stocks will prevail. In addition, Brent is expected to breach USD 70. Both of thee development is a great development. It compliments my Bio Diesel Renewal Energy Programme. Remember, we are dealing with an industry that is feeding 8 billion people across the planet.

Have a great week. It's a short week due to the Aidil Fitri Holidays. So Trade wisely!

Meow

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-10 11:31 | Report Abuse

Congrats all plantation investors

LossAversion

1,684 posts

Posted by LossAversion > 2021-05-10 11:35 | Report Abuse

Dont worries about windfall tax. Any rates decided has been in consultation with palm oil players already. Thus, palm oil companies have been prepared for taxes due to super or escalation of PO prices.

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-05-10 13:16 | Report Abuse

Slow and steady up for Palm oil this year

What glove did last year palm oil is repeating this year

Success begets success!

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-09-28 23:58 | Report Abuse

Nasdaq tech stock collapses in doom

Hide in safety of oil palm stock now

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-11-19 08:17 | Report Abuse

Yes

Alred listen

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-11-19 08:19 | Report Abuse

Should be Alfred

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-05-11 11:24 | Report Abuse

last chance to buy palm oil before all fly away

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 2022-05-12 12:44 | Report Abuse

>>>>

Posted by calvintaneng > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

last chance to buy palm oil before all fly away

>>>>>>

last chance to buy NETX before all fly away
last chance to buy XXXXX before all fly away

Same tune, different time :-)

calvintaneng

53,256 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-05-12 13:13 | Report Abuse

why you only mention netx?

you forgot last chance to buy Ogse in year 2019 before bull run then

in year 2020 may was last chance to buy Supermax before it flew to Rm24.44 by Nov 20

Post a Comment
Market Buzz