9 people like this.

116 comment(s). Last comment by TanDavid88 2022-12-17 12:21

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 09:39 | Report Abuse

I think there is still too much complaints about who should be leading us instead of what we should be doing in the government. I wonder if we will ever change from a race based culture to a performance based one. We have done it before when I was young, I hope to see it come back again now that I am old.

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-09 11:06 | Report Abuse

Nice try but it won't work because you just need to look into our backyard state of Kelantan, Terengganu, Kedah and Perlis to realized the chickens have come home to roost.

By the way QL will not became another CP and you know it and I know it unless Syed Mokhtar bought over QL.

markgold

312 posts

Posted by markgold > 2022-12-09 12:48 | Report Abuse

Those bought QL during listed till now , HUAT LAH.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 12:57 | Report Abuse

Sslee, QL is already in fbm30, you know it and I know it. It had already making more money in one quarter than insas has ever made, and each of its subsidiaries and investments are making billions, which is more than I can say for companies like numoni.

In any case one sacrifice that I think we should make is to cut out the automotive manufacture industry. This is something that we are just NOT good at, might as well sell all the assets to kia and hyundai, close all special benefits and pricing to produce, proton etc at the cost of every Malaysian testing to buy a car. We are not even earning as our protection of this non performing industry is penalties from ASEAN trade which I think is totally not worth it. What is the point of pricing cars more expensive than buying a house if the benefits of protecting that local industry cause so much trouble for everyone else. We should instead concentrate on giving out subsidies and protectionism on the electronics and semiconductor industry, services and tvet industry and definitely energy industry which would invite more investors in the future.

Proton and perodua protectionism is something from the age of syed mokhtar and mahathir. It is high time that ended and the rakyat pay for better services and cheap cars.

We are just not good at automotive industries. We neither have the steel for it or the engineers for it. Let the Japanese and Koreans take that part. Let's do what we can do better

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 12:59 | Report Abuse

No need to think about listed, if you bought 5 years ago, you would have doubled your money, get dividends and free shares, and most importantly you can still sleep well throughout all the crashes in between 2020 etc instead of getting margin called.

markgold

>>>>>

Those bought QL during listed till now , HUAT LA

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-09 13:07 | Report Abuse

Lets go local now: in my opinion, Malaysia funds should support the latest entry into FBMKL30 - QL. with asking price today of RM13.5b (3b usd) and a whopping PE44 which is higher than most tech firms today.

Philip,
Care to tell us what is the PE of CP?
If you are sincere you should not ask Malaysia funds to support QL but advise those holding QL to sell QL and buy CP.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 13:20 | Report Abuse

What is the market cap of the Thailand most successful private company? You want to buy a 3b usd growths company or a 84b Thailand company that is not for sale and doesn't need your input?

FYI cp group generates more revenue than Petronas.

And obviously I want to help Malaysia instead of leaving the country to Indonesia and UK and telling everyone how bad Malaysia is.

One day Malaysia will be back, and those who stayed will be rewarded.

That is my firm belief, every dog will have its day.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 13:32 | Report Abuse

CP group is privately owned with government link. Not for sale. Similar to petronas.

>>>>>>
Care to tell us what is the PE of CP?
If you are sincere you should not ask Malaysia funds to support QL but advise those holding QL to sell QL and buy CP.

23 minutes ago

emsvsi

3,512 posts

Posted by emsvsi > 2022-12-09 13:40 | Report Abuse

THIS GUYS MORE DELUSIONAL THAN MR KOON YEW YIN

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 13:51 | Report Abuse

Any reason why genting fanboy? Or you still expect me to invest in genting? I am not amused at all.

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-09 13:53 | Report Abuse

QL last 10 years NP to SH.

RM'000
NP to SH: 217,321: 311,397: 239,323: 216,743: 206,236: 195,921: 192,079 191,400: 159,929:131,706

What is QL NP to SH growth rate for the past 10 years?
Is a 300 million NP to SH worth a market cap of RM 13.5 billion (PE44)?

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-09 14:00 | Report Abuse

Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL (CPF)
Prev. Close
Day's Range
23.4-23.6
Revenue
596.74B
Open
52 wk Range
22.7-27.5
EPS
Volume
Market Cap
198.4B
Dividend (Yield)
(2.75%)
Average Vol. (3m)
P/E Ratio
Beta
1-Year Change
-1.67%
Shares Outstanding
Next Earnings Date
Feb 24, 2023

ycbang

468 posts

Posted by ycbang > 2022-12-09 14:20 | Report Abuse

Johnson Control International already closed domestic air-conditioners in Malaysia..

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-09 14:27 | Report Abuse

Philip must be high on ketum to say each of QL's subsidiaries and investments are making billions.
Care to check Insas Q4 end 30th June 2022 NP to SH?

QL is already in fbm30, you know it and I know it. It had already making more money in one quarter than insas has ever made, and each of its subsidiaries and investments are making billions.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 20:40 | Report Abuse

You still don't understand the difference between cp food and cp group? Maybe pchem and Petronas? Sslee would you rather own Petronas or pchem and pdagang? I think you need to look beyond and understand what I am writing about first before adding your "ideas"

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 20:51 | Report Abuse

Do you understand why QL is pe50 and fbm30 versus henyuan crashing to the sea? Because despite your calculations and math, you still do not understand what PE means.

Let me speak in bahasa Indonesia for you, maybe easier to fahem.

Maksud PE ialah kepercayaan orang ramai terhadap kebolehan syarikat tersebut untuk menambah penjualan dan keuntungan syarikat dalam masa depan.

That is the real level 2 meaning of a company PE. Take for example a company like insas, PE of 2.85! Wow, sounds like you are getting a deal! Paying for 3 years earnings to "get" back your investment. That is childish thinking, as if you think carefully, if really got such arbitrage possibility, do you think will wait until your turn? Many people would have jumped in to "fix" the arbitrage. The answer is simple = a company asking for such a low price to own it simply means that NO ONE wants to BUY the company.

QL at PE44 also simply means that NO ONE want to SELL the company cheap.

The question now is.. why? Why don't I sell QL when it is selling for such high price? Why don't sell tesla when asking price so how? Why don't sell apple?

The answer is simple. It is just a simple question of gr

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 21:05 | Report Abuse

As for this:
Sslee

Philip must be high on ketum to say each of QL's subsidiaries and investments are making billions.

The main 4 pillars of QL:
Marine products manufacturing
Palm oil and energy
Integrated livestock farming
And recently family mart.

For Palm oil 2020 250 million, 2021 312 million and 2022 650 million. Billion plus revenue with huge jump at the right time.
Family mart: 2020 442 million 2021 500 million 2022 640 million. Another huge jump for cvs chain.
Ilf 2.2b, 2.3b, 2.8b growth
MPM, 1.2b,
I think I better stop now.

The simple question is this, given 10 years, how much further will ql grow versus insas?

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-09 21:15 | Report Abuse

Maksud PE ialah kepercayaan orang ramai terhadap kebolehan syarikat tersebut untuk menambah penjualan dan keuntungan syarikat dalam masa depan.

Voww that must be a very new insightful defination of PE and should have won an economy nobel prize.

By the way what is comparative analysis?

CP food compare to QL. Note: 1 Thai Baht= RM 0.13 MYR.
Revenue;596.74B
EPS:2.31
Market Cap:198.4B
Dividend (Yield):0.65(2.75%)
P/E Ratio: 10.37

Mind fill up the QL data:
Revenue:
EPS:
Market Cap:
Dividend(yield):
P/E Ratio:

Quote from the horse's mouth,"So the first rule for me is to always look and all the ships going to the same destination, and see which has the better pedigree. It usually ends well. That is the first step of understanding the business: Comparative analysis" unquote

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-09 21:40 | Report Abuse

Sslee, I will gently explain one more time.

The Charoen Pokphand Group Company, Ltd.[2] (CP) (Thai: เจริญโภคภัณฑ์; RTGS: Charoen Phokkhaphan) is a Thai conglomerate based in Bangkok. It is Thailand's largest private company and the largest privately held Royal Warrant holder of the Thai Royal Family.

Revenue 82 billion usd (2020)

CP food.

You are comparing ql to cp food when everyone else is comparing ql to CP.

Do you still not understand ? If you still don't get the difference, then I think you really should go back to comparing hengyuan math and buying more insas and hengyuan.

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-09 21:57 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha,
QL can't even reach CP food level and someone wants to compare QL to CP group? LOL.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 02:53 | Report Abuse

That it's why you need to understand how growth company works. You do not buy a company for the price it is selling for today. You buy a company for the possibility of what it can achieve tomorrow. QL is growing its business on a far faster trajectory than a company like insas such is why it was received to replace companies in fbmkl30. In fact it doesn't matter what you say, ql a a business is one of the best run companies in world

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 08:15 | Report Abuse

QL eggs are not being sold by Jaya Grocer and Aeon whereas CP eggs are still being sold.
I guess thats becoz of PE confidence.

Jaya Grocer and Aeon shelves are packed 100% full of eggs, until overflowing, including some on pallet at floor pending refills to shelves.
Unfortunately PE confidence means none of those eggs anywhere in those Supermarkets are from QL.

CharlesT

14,538 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-12-10 08:45 | Report Abuse

PChem's PE is 8+...so.......

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 09:00 | Report Abuse

CharlesT

fun managers expect seismic event in petrochemicals.
A gigantic petrochemicals complex consuming 4,000,000 barrels per day had been approved to start construction.
there is some evidence of preselling now

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 09:08 | Report Abuse

The problem with silly people like i3lurker is that your "claims" are very easily fact checked and debunked, just like your gdex.

https://klec.jayagrocer.com/search?type=product&options%5Bprefix%5D=last&q=Eggs

Just checking here the first item on he list is ql sakura eggs selling for r
m8, and ql deli fresh eggs selling for rm11 for 15 pieces. Clear as day. Now let's assume you are right, you have so many eggs from other suppliers for sale but no ql eggs in sight( even though online they are available), so what is the inference? That ql eggs are so popular it is flying off the shelves for the quality and price whereas other brands are left to slowly clear out. And since ql ilf industry is selling billions a year, that must mean that ql products are very popular indeed. Makes sense?

I hope you learn something new i3lurker, although I suspect those who love to hear themselves talk rarely have time to listen.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 09:11 | Report Abuse

someone just placed an order for it?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 09:13 | Report Abuse

Which is obviously why I did not include this stock in the list. And the reason I bought pchem as I explained many times in all my articles is nor for growth, but for conservative reasons, remember I sold public bank for pchem. The growth and returns for pchem are very boring and transparent for a long time. You know exactly what you will get out of the company, which is why not many people are overpaying for this 65b company
>>>>>>>
CharlesT

PChem's PE is 8+...so.......

24 minutes ago

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 09:17 | Report Abuse

Wirecard prosecution is just starting
those Euros were allegedly available online too except physically it was NOT there.

I rather see for myself my physical audit checks for eggs at Jaya Grocer and Aeon
==> thats how East Malaysians do their audit of Bursa Companies, via binocular or imaginary audits

==>end result is the KPMG East Malaysian audit of Serba, and we all know what happened there.
==> ONLY West Malaysian KPMG physical audits uncovered imaginary inventories.....

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 09:30 | Report Abuse

Wow from eggs to wire card.

Try harder gdexboy.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 09:34 | Report Abuse

definitely there is a huge difference between East and West Malaysian standards in everything, even personal standards of integrity, character and good manners.

quote again East Malaysian audit of Serba and what you see here of the rude beggar begging for $

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-10 09:55 | Report Abuse

The last time when Philip write long long to promote Hartalega and Serbadk, it didn't end well.
Hope this time QL will be exceptional.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 10:01 | Report Abuse

sslee
Thats exactly what CharlesT said of probability regarding those fake calculations.
Leopards never ever change their spots.

Inevitably QL will not end well as history is an exceptional guide to the future.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 10:12 | Report Abuse

I had seen a number of Family Marts closed down, plus those "missing eggs".
Translated it means not everything QL does will turn to gold.
Once trash accumulates enough, those earnings will turn to trash too.

Family Mart SKU listing is Parliamentary Law and cannot be changed, and thats why FM failed for some unsuitable locations. Other retail orgs have SKU flexibility and survives in any location.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 10:20 | Report Abuse

Do name your top 3 closing down places I3lurker.

>>>>>>>

i3lurker I had seen a number of Family Marts closed down, plus those "missing eggs".
Translated it means not everything QL does will turn to gold.
Once trash accumulates enough, those earnings will turn to trash too.

Family Mart SKU listing is Parliamentary Law and cannot be changed, and thats why FM failed for some unsuitable locations. Other retail orgs have SKU flexibility and survives in any location.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 10:23 | Report Abuse

Notice I also wrote a long article on pchem and topglove which both made me more than enough money to cover all losses. And you seem to have short memory on my "trade" on scib and powernet, which also surprisingly covered my losses on serba dinamik, which you forgot to highlight.
>>>>>>>>

Sslee The last time when Philip write long long to promote Hartalega and Serbadk, it didn't end well.
Hope this time QL will be exceptional.
10/12/2022 10:22 AM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 10:25 | Report Abuse

and yet QL has entered FBMKL 30 index, a list of the best 30 companies to invest for institutions in Malaysia. And this from an investment I made and kept since 2009.

Meanwhile sslee is top 30 shareholder of insas, which for some reason no instituion wants to invest in. But at least he has integrity.

How about you i3lurker? What have you learned about integrity?

>>>>>>>

i3lurker sslee
Thats exactly what CharlesT said of probability regarding those fake calculations.
Leopards never ever change their spots.

Inevitably QL will not end well as history is an exceptional guide to the future.
10/12/2022 10:01 AM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 10:40 | Report Abuse

And this is why a chinese working in indonesia earning usd who has never been to kota baru or visited siti katijah market or the beautiful rice fields of kedah and the amazing harumanis mangoes in perlis would never understand.

The first trick is to get 75% of the nation to trust that you will not be condescending, insulting and bringing down the malays for the benefit of the chinese and other races. This was easily helped by the fact that the majority of crimes done to the 75% of malaysia malays were executed by malays themselves.

The second trick is to understand that Malays and all malaysians in general are not out to be crazy rich and famous, most of us just want middle class income where we can feed our family, take care of our children and give healthcare to our parents.

It is only when you actually arrived in kelante, then you realize that majority of people are nice and friendly and respectful, and that the minority is using your vapid comments to paint the picture of fear of chinese, fear of being cheated, etc etc.

You may not like anwar, but he has certainly done the impossible. We have a government for the first time where everyone is monitoring everyone else to see how it works.

And more importantly, you should ask every lawyer you know to explain to you the exact loophole in the current anti-hop law, which actually allows bn to hop.

I do hope that one day you will actually visit kelantan and terrengganu and see the truth of how to move the country forward. Islam is not your enemy, it never was. PAS by itself is not your enemy, it never could be.

Your enemy is fear itself, and the few individuals who use that fear to manipulate people like you for their benefit.

>>>>>>>
Sslee Nice try but it won't work because you just need to look into our backyard state of Kelantan, Terengganu, Kedah and Perlis to realized the chickens have come home to roost.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 10:41 | Report Abuse

Family Mart completely quit US and Korea due to inflexible SKU.

Those Korean outlets rebranded as CU managed to survive.
CU is also in Malaysia under MyNews.
MyNews is a company that decided not to sell any newspapers and now decided to sell newspapers again.... ???????

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 10:54 | Report Abuse

The problem with today's older generation of old farts is that they want everything spoon fed.
Too lazy to find out anything on their own.
Aways asking for stock recommendations coz they have problem picking stocks themselves and want a spoon fed solution.

Its not my problem at all coz you invested in the company so you should actually know way more about the company than me.

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-10 11:40 | Report Abuse

My hometown in Alor Setar Kedah.. My primary school is SJK(C) Keat Hwa((H). My lower secondary school is ST Micheal secondary school and upper secondary school Sekolah Menengah Syed Omar. I do my HSC in Sekolah Menengah Keat Hwa and finished my Degree in Chemical Engineering UM.

My first job is with Sounthern Acid Berhad Jalan kapar Selangor and my second job with Tioxide Malaysia Kemaman Terengganu. My third job is with SAB again as Business Development Manager and I was head hunted to start an oleochemical plant in Medan Indonesia.

My working life was to deal with people from all walks of life and I am ready to give a helping hand to those who needed it to help themselve to build a better future for their family.

My meaning of chickens have come home to roost is refering to our failure in education policy (my brother is a master teacher in Kedah). You need to feel for those kids in rural school and sekolah Pondok what their future will be.

HOW A NATION IS COLLAPSED!
A lecturer in a South African University wrote an expressive message to his students at the doctorate, masters and bachelors level and placed it at the entrance of the college.

I believe that it resonates with us everywhere. More often than not we are not mindful of how the things we consider to be little could destroy our society.

He wrote, “Collapsing any Nation does not require use of Atomic bombs or the use of Long range missiles. But it requires lowering the quality of Education and allowing cheating in the exams by the students.

The result is that: Patients die at the hands of the so called Doctors.

Buildings collapse at the hands of so called Engineers.

Money is lost at the hands of the so called Economists and Accountants.

Humanity dies at the hands of the so called Religious Scholars.

Justice is lost at the hands of the so called Judges.

This is so because, “The collapse of education is the collapse of the nation.”

It is my hope that PM10 will do somethings different to save our beloved Malaysia.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 11:42 | Report Abuse

I still remember commenting on Serba, as usual East Malaysian only knows derogatory remarks to show off his good breeding and and his excellent first class example to his children's good breeding.

Serba ending all already know.

I still remember commenting on Harta, as usual East Malaysian only knows derogatory remarks to show off his good breeding and and his excellent first class example to his children's good breeding.

Harta ending all already know.

Deja Vu now "missing eggs"

Deja vu exactly same derogatory remarks to show off his good breeding and and his excellent first class example to his children's good breeding.

You draw the linear programming equation and see how it goes.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 13:05 | Report Abuse

sslee
please help out the lazy bum by sending out an email to QL management to confirm that eggs are still being sold in all Aeon and Jaya Grocer outlets.
You can say you intend to buy some shares, if you dun own any.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-10 13:51 | Report Abuse

Do it the other way round and say that you wanted to buy some QL eggs and ask them to recommend a location to buy it from.

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2022-12-10 17:46 | Report Abuse

Quote: "Maksud PE ialah kepercayaan orang ramai terhadap kebolehan syarikat tersebut untuk menambah penjualan dan keuntungan syarikat dalam masa depan.

Voww that must be a very new insightful definition of PE and should have won an economy nobel prize." Unquote

A very good article and good discussion.
My take: Is it a "Chicken and Egg" story or "double edged knife" balancing act?
PE - Price over Earning per share, if Price Up, EPS down, PE high.
If Price Down, EPS Up, PE low; most investors should know no necessary logic in the market?
The statement "menambah penjualan dan keuntungan" is just a positive statement whereby a growth company with increased profit will balance back the High PE if Price increase in tandem? What if the Price not increase? The PE will drop and vice versa if Price increases..The glove stocks is a very good example during this pandemic. It defied all logic as Prices and EPS fluctuated in big ranges..
P/NAPS is a better indication of stocks performance as Net Asset Per Share is more stable comparing to Earning Per Share; IMHO.

I also believed in "Newton's Third Law Of Motion
Statement: To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
Every Action will have an Equal Reaction, so be moderate and will have equal moderate reaction. Tq
Just sharing for discussion purposes only, Happy Trading and TradeAtYourOwnRisk

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 19:43 | Report Abuse

Yes sir you are correct if you look at it in the short term.

But if you look at it from a long term perspective like insas if pe is low over the last 7-8 years what does that tell you?

And if amazon and tesla pe is consistently high over 7-8 years, what does that tell you also?
>>>>>>>
PE - Price over Earning per share, if Price Up, EPS down, PE high.
If Price Down, EPS Up, PE low; most investors should know no necessary logic in the market?

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2022-12-10 20:36 | Report Abuse

@Philip: Yes sir you are correct if you look at it in the short term.

But if you look at it from a long term perspective like insas if pe is low over the last 7-8 years what does that tell you?

BLee: Hi @Philip, the longer Insas at low PE with P/NAPS dipping further below 1.0, could mean the potential to break up becomes much stronger. If there is no catalyst, it is very difficult for Insas to break up, just a matter to be patient. I still hold some Insas shares after taking profit from the last RCPS issuance. Some shares give out good dividends, but the price will be adjusted with money paid out from the coffer. Only good shares will recover in price over time. Others might not, especially those with one off gain when disposing assets for cash..no particular counters as reference as no intention to offend anyone or take sides.
Happy Trading and TradeAtYourOwnRisk

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-10 21:28 | Report Abuse

We can always hope for the best. In fact this is sslee strategy as top 30 shareholder for insas, as he hopes that one day someone will want to realise the returns for this company buy a big block of it and bring up the prices closer to nav so he can take a big profit.

>>>>>>
BLee: Hi @Philip, the longer Insas at low PE with P/NAPS dipping further below 1.0, could mean the potential to break up becomes much stronger. If there is no catalyst, it is very difficult for Insas to break up, just a matter to be patient.

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-11 08:53 | Report Abuse

My strategy is to wait for WC expired and another round of subscription to INSAS BERHAD - REDEEMABLE PREFERENCE SHARES with free warrants.

Then wait for Leno to push up warrants price and then sell both warrants and RPS to top up Insas again.

Posted by yangkwang99 > 2022-12-11 10:24 | Report Abuse

Thanks. Informative, keep it coming with your expertise.

i3lurker

13,605 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-12-11 14:01 | Report Abuse

The reasons why Amazon and Tesla and QL and Transmile have a high PE are totally and completely different from each other.
Its like comparing ice cream with Nescafe coffee and S&B La Yu chilli oil.

just quoting that all high PE same as just saying that all are best selling food products

it really reflects on the person saying it.

Just grow up mentally so that your mental kindergarden age matches with your chronological dying age.
You are about to die soon.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz