MAA GROUP BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): MAA (1198)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.005 (1.43%)

Day's Change

0.345 - 0.345

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

3,375 comment(s). Last comment by Hippopotamuska 1 month ago

moneycashrich

2,101 posts

Posted by moneycashrich > 2015-05-29 05:12 | Report Abuse

Tq Jamesooi for u update.

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-06-16 19:05 | Report Abuse

Proposed Disposal of 75% Equity Interest Held in MAA Takaful Berhad ("Proposed Disposal")The Board of Directors of MAAG (“Board”) wishes to announce that Bank Negara Malaysia (“BNM”) had vide its letter dated 15 June 2015 stated that it has no objection in principle for MAAG and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (“Zurich”) to commence negotiations for the Proposed Disposal.

The above shall not be construed as approval for the Proposed Disposal. MAAG and Zurich would be required to obtain the prior approval of the Minister of Finance, with the recommendation of the BNM, pursuant to the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013, before entering into any agreement to effect the Proposed Disposal.

Further announcements will be made as and when there are material developments on the Proposed Disposal.

This announcement is dated 16 June 2015.

Dispose off all business ?

moneycashrich

2,101 posts

Posted by moneycashrich > 2015-06-16 22:29 | Report Abuse

Do any of MAA holders have any views of this disposal of MAATakaful ?

moneycashrich

2,101 posts

Posted by moneycashrich > 2015-06-16 22:30 | Report Abuse

What will the future likely to be then?

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-06-17 06:49 | Report Abuse

Is the company plan all the while is to sell all business and close shop and return all cash to shareholders ? It will be worth more than rm 1.

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2015-06-17 09:29 | Report Abuse

The 75% stake in MAA Takaful Bhd is valued at about RM0.38 per share at 1x book value based on 2014 annual report. This is already about 50% of its market cap today.

Markus See

103 posts

Posted by Markus See > 2015-06-17 16:36 | Report Abuse

I was hoping with the swelling stock prices of Syarikat Tafaful, they will bid for MAA Takaful instead. I guess Zurich really likes MAA and/or vice versa. Let's hope the board manage to fetch good price this time as this time Maa isn't that desperate as before with its strong balance sheet n capital ratio requirement etc.. It's definitely good news although this came as a surprise to me.
I try to guess why they want to sell this profitable and main business. If Maa Takaful is sold off, Maa bhd will be even more cash rich and then no longer an insurance/finance holdings company maybe? Then they are not bound by iFSA rules and BNM. And they can do whatever they want which I don't want. :)
Let's hope it's just as simple as creating value to shareholders. Don't forget your duty. The group paid MYR5.5 million for your salaries & bonus in 2014. Time to reward us please! Danke.

Posted by theavengers > 2015-06-18 15:21 | Report Abuse

break new high with vol . .

Posted by theavengers > 2015-06-22 08:57 | Report Abuse

bo lat ....drop back

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-07-03 11:46 | Report Abuse

Somebody is buying at 77 sen and accumulating at this price ........

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-07-03 11:47 | Report Abuse

and hope today will go higher...

balvin71

1,153 posts

Posted by balvin71 > 2015-07-20 11:50 | Report Abuse

Consolidating between RM0.72 to RM0.74 now. There is value in their Takaful licence as Bank Negara is not giving out any new licences. If Zurich does not agree with the selling price, I am sure other insurance will be willing to buy.

I am still holding MAA and am accumulating some more. Hope my analysis is right.

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-07-22 07:33 | Report Abuse

I am still accumulating .

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-07-30 23:10 | Report Abuse

The shares Buy Back just started ....additional 300,000 shares on 29-7-2015

balvin71

1,153 posts

Posted by balvin71 > 2015-07-31 08:18 | Report Abuse

Beginning of the year, buy back was being done at 0.655~0.68. Can safely say we now have a strong support level at 0.73~0.735. In the short term, after those who want to sell at these levels, stock will be trading at the next support of 0.79~0.82 after breaking the resistance of 0.77.

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-08-03 19:21 | Report Abuse

PRACTICE NOTE 17 / GUIDANCE NOTE 3 : OTHERS

MAA GROUP BERHAD

Type Announcement
Subject PRACTICE NOTE 17 / GUIDANCE NOTE 3
OTHERS
Description MAA GROUP BERHAD ("MAAG" OR "COMPANY")

THE PROPOSED REGULARISATION PLAN PURSUANT TO PRACTICE NOTE 17 OF THE MAIN MARKET LISTING REQUIREMENTS OF BURSA MALAYSIA SECURITIES BERHAD

We refer to the announcements dated 30 December 2014 (“30 December 2014 Announcement”) in relation to the Proposed Regularisation Plan pursuant to Paragraph 8.04(3) and Practice Note 17 (“PN17”) of the Main Market Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (“Bursa Securities”).

Pursuant to the 30 December 2014 Announcement, the Company had proposed to undertake a regularisation plan involving the following (“Proposed Regularisation Plan”):-

(i) Proposed settlement of all obligations and liabilities in PT MAA General Assurance (“PT MAA General”) (“Proposed Settlement”) and subsequent proposed divestment/ dissolution of PT MAA General;

(ii) Proposed subscription of additional equity interest in Columbus Capital Pty Ltd (“CCAU”) which will effectively increase MAAG’s equity interest in the company from 47.95% to 55% (“Proposed Subscription”); and

(iii) Application to BNM for classification as a Financial Holding Company and subsequent proposed splitting of the composite licence of MAA Takaful Berhad (“MAAT”) into two (2) separate entities (“Proposed Reorganisation”).

On behalf of MAAG, SJ Securities Sdn Bhd (“SJ Securities”) wishes to announce that the Board is currently revising the Proposed Regularisation Plan due to the following reasons:-

(i) as announced by the Company on 16 June 2015, Bank Negara Malaysia has vide its letter dated 15 June 2015 informed that it has no objection in principle for MAAG and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (“Zurich”) to commence negotiations for the disposal of 75% equity interest held in MAA Takaful Berhad (“Proposed Disposal”).The Company has since commenced negotiations with Zurich on the Proposed Disposal, and is putting on hold the Proposed Reorganisation under the Proposed Regularisation Plan;and

(ii) MAAG has decided to put on hold the Proposed Subscription due to the performance of CCAU for the past five (5) quarters, which was below expectations.

Further details of the revised Proposed Regularisation Plan will be announced in due course.

This announcement is dated 3 August 2015.

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-08-03 19:22 | Report Abuse

Look like going close shop.

Markus See

103 posts

Posted by Markus See > 2015-08-04 22:01 | Report Abuse

This does not change the fundamental value. Let's see the coming 2Q result. I,m hoping they will give dividend . More important is how much Zurich going to offer for the Takaful business. I think it's best that Zurich reverse takeover MAA. Then Zurich can inject all its insurance businesses in this listed entity. Oh well, I can only hope. :)

Wikiileaks

262 posts

Posted by Wikiileaks > 2015-08-04 22:50 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by theavengers > 2015-08-06 22:22 | Report Abuse

otb and kyy got this counter meh ?

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-08-06 22:28 | Report Abuse

Don't be stupid! Maa holding here and maa takaful two different comp! When maa holding sell takaful, u think the idiot will pay you back? In your dream lah! It will either be taken private, or it will continue again looking for new core biz! Again!

Cipta

1,038 posts

Posted by Cipta > 2015-08-06 23:06 | Report Abuse

It is weird that Zurich is sensing its business to buy MAA takaful given the pool size is small and the biz not yet reach self sustainable and scale of economy. Unless Zurich is aiming its takaful license and would like to inject some of its conventional biz into takaful. Once again, the timing of Zurich to enter negotiation is a bit risky in the fact that MAA takaful hasn't get the General Takaful and Family Takaful license separately yet under the new insurance act. Why can't Zurich wait until MAA confirm obtain the two takaful licenses? How Bank Negara will do next? Giving green light to Zurich to acquire MAA takaful and later give general and family takaful license to Zurich? Or giving MAA takaful two licenses and then MAA sells the license to Zurich?

Markus See

103 posts

Posted by Markus See > 2015-08-10 16:14 | Report Abuse

MAA Takaful is growing year by year. Takaful industry in Msia on the whole is growing too. Go check the numbers. Even my friend who sell insurance said "Lately for the past few years all those top performers that win awards are those Takaful one". On the other hand, the conventional insurance is a matured and saturated market. You may ask why? I've said before, its easier to sell Takaful to Muslim although its open to everyone. It is the perception. Anyway, it is Malay population which is growing in Malaysia. Chinese birth rate is slow compared to others . The already majority Malays have always and will give more birth than others. We are consider "emerging market and insurance penetration is low and growing" to the eyes of foreign insurers that based in developed & matured insurance market that at the same time have population birth rate problem. Yes, Swiss is one of those. Japan , Nordic countries, France etc...
So it's no surprising that they want to expand to emerging countries , including Malaysia.

Conventional insurance (under FSA) and takaful insurance (under iFSA) is separate. You can't combined them. Zurich cant inject its conventional insurance business which they bought from MAA into takaful if again this time they buy MAA Takaful. They each need their own license. They are completely different in terms of licensing.
IF eventually Zurich buys MAA Takaful, there is no reason BNM to reject them the separate license of life & general takaful if they comply with all the capital requirements (min 100 mil). Afterall, they are just complying to BNM rules for this separation.

It all really depends on what price Zurich willing to offer to MAA Takaful now. I can't wait to know.

In the matter of full disclosure, I own MAA shares.

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-08-11 01:33 | Report Abuse

Wow, The shares Buy Back with an additional 585 000 shares on 10/08/2015 today, as at todate totaling 5,178,700 shares and I agreed with Markus See totally on the analysis of MAAG . I am bullish on MAAG, I am long with this stock and own MAAG shares.

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-08-11 05:26 | Report Abuse

Dont worry too much..nornally all my buy call, it will take relatively 2-3mths for it to move by at least 20-30sen..hahaha..then brokerage house will start their buy call..then even KM LEE The Star Biz will come out with chart or any 'reputable' analyst will start talk about it..then KABOOM...u just sell it..thats why old man always said..THE EARLIEST WILL TASTE THE BEST HONEY..kekekeke..

balvin71

1,153 posts

Posted by balvin71 > 2015-08-12 08:51 | Report Abuse

Market as a whole is on a down trend. I am glad MAAG is supporting the price with share buy backs. Wonder should realize my profits here, wait and see, than go back in again or keep the funds for other opportunity that may arise. Than I keep telling myself, with MAAG support, very little downside.....what should I do???

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-08-12 18:29 | Report Abuse

Reread the points that i posted i3 investors on 15-4-2015.

The MAAG has started to implement the shares Buy Back with an additional 1,665,900 shares as at 12/08/2015 totaling 6,009,600 shares and 1st quarterly report 31/3/2015, the profit is nothing to shout about, but shocking to find out that Cash and cash equivalents in the account balance as at 31/3/2015 was RM 518,958,000-00 which is work out per share is RM1.7298. The company is very Cash Rich and cash is king. NTA is RM1.39 and still a PN 17 stock.

You decide what is the future share price will be once PN17 is lifted????? I am sure it will go up to more the RM1.00+.

Think of the MFR OF LATEX GLOVES - INTEGRATED RUBBER CORPORATION BERHAD (IRCB) and lifted on PN 17 and par value is RM 0.20 per share and NTA is only RM 0.22 per share and and the share price RM0.76 per share as at today.

The MARKET for the last 2 months until now is very very volatile and very very scary for many investors and including me as well , and i am happy MAA is well supported at RM0.70 and RM0.71.
I know we want to take profit and to invest in other stocks in this market and now looks very cheap. Sometime is good to do nothing.

Market as a whole is down trending and I am happy with MAA and i am still making money in this stock with strong fundamental.

I am a shareholder of MAAG and to me MAAG is really a lelong stock.

Cipta

1,038 posts

Posted by Cipta > 2015-08-13 08:35 | Report Abuse

Insurance penetration rate (Life alone) in Malaysia is about 54%(conventional + takaful) till last year and saying insurance industry in Malaysia is saturated not an accurate account if we compare the penetration rate of 80% in developed countries.

In theory, yes we are emerging market with low insurance penetration and young population, but look at how MAA performs in Indonesia, an emerging force in ASEAN with much larger population and lower insurance penetration. MAA is losing money there and have no choice but close shop. Sometimes vision tells you one thing but reality tells you another's.

Saying people choose takaful based on his/her religion and race is a perception too. There are many non muslim buying takaful as well as keep their money in islamic banking or loan from murabahah. Most people buying insurance are based on the package. Innovative, Creative, Good Service, Financial Sound and Strong Network are the elements required in ever competitive environment nowadays. Pool size is one of the critical factors in determine the success of an insurance company.

We can foresee crossover from conventional to takaful and vice versa will be rapid. Transfer or distribute some of the conventional risk (business) to takaful may take place or vice versa. Don't get me wrong meaning it is to combine takaful and convention into ONE.

The difference between you apply the licence by yourself or you buy a license from existing license holder is how much you willing to pay for the Goodwill? In this case, how much MAA values its license in intangible asset if BNM approved two takaful license to MAA? If you read Manulife latest annual report, they have different view on intangible asset in MAAKL .

Again, it is TIMING. MAA applied to separate Takaful license seen the co has a long plan for the takaful. Capital wise MAA was seen has no problem since MAA can distribute dividend and share buyback. But why make a U-turn to sell it? Does BNM not giving approval? Why can't MAA wait until get the license and can sell it at better price?

Investing share must consider recent development in rational. Not because someone has bought it he is singing all the good things and swept all the dirt under the carpet. Not because someone is planning to go in and he said all the bad things to scare people. Come on lah, this forum is help each other not to fall into croc mouth by sharing each thought and discuss pro and con. If we blame those paid analyzers for giving false illusion, we must not join them too.
13/08/2015 00:20

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-08-13 08:44 | Report Abuse

Honestly speaking ..if MAA really honest in their business strategy for Filipina market as their target market. For next era. Once Fed has finalise its interest rates hooha..then..Philippines will be next key market. They are already prepared especially the political power succession plan. With China aggresive at Spratly..USA will protect ASEAN and used Philippines as their strategic ally and will place money etc etc there. Therefore, Phillipines will enjoy a bit growth compared to the rest of ASEAN. So x worry too much..MAA will survive provided that they really do it their plan as announced. Maybe they dont do it yet as they are waiting the RIGHT TIME..:)

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-08-13 08:46 | Report Abuse

Three key market will enjoy hot money post interest rates@ USA..one is Philippines..second is Taiwan ..third is India

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-08-20 04:57 | Report Abuse

Steady..why not if ECM LIBRA N RCE CAPITAL can..why MAA cannot..:)

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-08-20 09:33 | Report Abuse

Aggressive shares buy back by the Management shall reduce the paid up capital of MAAG. There is the possibility that the Management can go like the same direction of ECM LIBRA n RCE CAPITAL. The current share price is supported by Management shares buy back scheme from RM0.69 to RM0.72 per share.

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-08-21 19:58 | Report Abuse

Agreed with you James. The room for downside is limited....the lowest might be around 65sen..the NTA is more than 1 about 1.39..thus..the upside is actually there once market rebound to 1,770 at the end of the year or next year Chinese New Year

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-09-02 17:09 | Report Abuse

Market down MAA still close at 0.025 up.

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-09-07 18:26 | Report Abuse

Second interim dividend

MAA GROUP BERHAD

EX-date 07 Oct 2015
Entitlement date 09 Oct 2015
Entitlement time 05:00 PM
Entitlement subject Second interim dividend
Entitlement description Second Interim Dividend of 3 sen per share under the Single-Tier System in respect of the financial year ending 31 December 2015
Period of interest payment to
Financial Year End 31 Dec 2015
Share transfer book & register of members will be 23 Sep 2015 to 23 Sep 2015 closed from (both dates inclusive) for the purpose of determining the entitlement
Registrar or Service Provider name, address, telephone no TRACE MANAGEMENT SERVICES SDN BHD
Suite 12.03, 12th Floor,
566 Jalan Ipoh
51200Kuala Lumpur
Tel:0362528880
Fax:0362528080
Payment date 09 Oct 2015
a.Securities transferred into the Depositor's Securities Account before 4:00 pm in respect of transfers 23 Sep 2015
b.Securities deposited into the Depositor's Securities Account before 12:30 pm in respect of securities exempted from mandatory deposit
c. Securities bought on the Exchange on a cum entitlement basis according to the Rules of the Exchange.
Number of new shares/securities issued (units) (If applicable)
Entitlement indicator Currency
Currency Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
Entitlement in Currency 0.0300
Par Value Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) 1.000

theong

255 posts

Posted by theong > 2015-09-07 18:27 | Report Abuse

0.06 cents so far this year.

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-09-08 08:01 | Report Abuse

keep it up...:)

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-09-11 17:42 | Report Abuse

MAA GROUP BERHAD
Second Interim Dividend of 3 sen per share under the Single-Tier System in respect of the financial year ending 31 December 2015.

Kindly be advised of the following :
1) The above Company's securities will be traded and quoted "Ex – Dividend” as from: 23 Sep 2015
2) The last date of lodgement : 28 Sep 2015
3) Date Payable : 9 Oct 2015

Posted by smartklseguru > 2015-10-02 10:46 | Report Abuse

MAA is high dividend stock (8%) and may have potential to give high cash distribution?

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-10-02 16:56 | Report Abuse

Reread the post i3 investors on 17/06/2015 by NOBY
The 75% stake in MAA Takaful Bhd is valued at about RM0.38 per share at 1x book value based on 2014 annual report. This is already about 50% of its market cap today.

General Announcement by MAAG on 23/09/2015
The Board of Directors of MAAG wishes to announce that MAAG has today disposed of its RM33.5 million nominal value Domayne Bond over-the-counter secondary market for a total cash consideration of RM30.15 million.

General Announcement by MAAG on 16/06/2015
Proposed Disposal of 75% Equity Interest Held in MAA Takaful Berhad ("Proposed Disposal")The Board of Directors of MAAG (“Board”) wishes to announce that Bank Negara Malaysia (“BNM”) had vide its letter dated 15 June 2015 stated that it has no objection in principle for MAAG and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (“Zurich”) to commence negotiations for the Proposed Disposal.

The above shall not be construed as approval for the Proposed Disposal. MAAG and Zurich would be required to obtain the prior approval of the Minister of Finance, with the recommendation of the BNM, pursuant to the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013, before entering into any agreement to effect the Proposed Disposal.

Further announcements will be made as and when there are material developments on the Proposed Disposal. ---This announcement is dated 16 June 2015.

The MAAG has started to implement the shares Buy Back totaling 11,523,500 shares as at 02/10/2015. The company is very Cash Rich. The NTA is RM1.35 as at 30/06/2015.

With Small Paid up capital of 304,353,752 and after deduct the shares buy back of 11,523,500, the final paid up capital of 292,830,252 shares.

MAA is high dividend stock (8%) with 6 sen dividend for this year based on market value of RM 0.75 per share.

You decide what is the future share price will be once PN17 is lifted?????

I am bullish on MAAG, I am long this stock and a shareholder of MAAG.

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-10-02 17:06 | Report Abuse

agreed with you James Ooi..im bullish like you too..will keep it until the announcement like ECM..:)

Posted by smartklseguru > 2015-10-02 17:24 | Report Abuse

will MAA distributes special dividend in cash since dec will make announcement on regularising financial position?

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-10-02 18:33 | Report Abuse

Hope it will happen but I do not know, but this stock is under value like some of the PN 17 stocks like ECM and (TAMCO is also sold the whole business in Feb 2009 with capital reduction RM0.30 per share and special dividend RM 0.66 per share and now name changed to ANCOMLB with the injection of new business to the company with some new shareholders as well).

MAAG has Cash and cash equivalents in the account balance as at 3/06/2015 was RM 313,270,000-00 which is work out per share is RM1.029.
Since then MAAG declare to pay out 3 sen dividend on Sept 2015 and some shares buy back and also sold some investment in Domayne Bond for RM 30,000,000. and I estimated Cash and cash equivalents in the account balance as at 30/9/2015 is still will be plus or minus that figures of 30/06/2015.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-02 19:27 | Report Abuse

Don't be stupid! They sell assets nvr give back shareholders! They wanna keep it to spend slowly

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-10-02 19:31 | Report Abuse

dont be so emotional sayang..its friday night...hv fun..:)

Posted by smartklseguru > 2015-10-08 10:57 | Report Abuse

paperplane2, so cannot buy this counter now?

NavinShah

301 posts

Posted by NavinShah > 2015-10-09 05:58 | Report Abuse

100% You are right my friend

balvin71

1,153 posts

Posted by balvin71 > 2015-10-09 16:16 | Report Abuse

Jamesooi, I also am waiting for the stock to go up to NTA or a minimum cash/cash equivalent per share. It is like buying 1 share for 0.75 and get cash & cash equivalent of about RM1.00.

balvin71

1,153 posts

Posted by balvin71 > 2015-10-20 08:35 | Report Abuse

Yesterday MAA started buy back at 0.745/0.75. Going forward, this could be the new support level.

JAMESOOI

397 posts

Posted by JAMESOOI > 2015-10-20 23:44 | Report Abuse

MAAG Company Information :- 20/10/2015
MAAG Cash Balance estimated after taken into consideration of shares buyback as at date (20/10/2015) RM 307,852,985.00

Paid Up Capital 304,353,752 with a Share Buyback 11,661,500 as at 20/10/2015
Dividend 2013 - 3 sens
Dividend 2014 - 6 sens
Dividend 2015 - 6 sens

Market Price (MP) RM 0.75 per share with a Market Cap RM 228,265,314.00
NTA - RM1.35 Company NTA RM 410,877,565.00
Price Discount (PD) - RM 0.60 (44.44%) Comp Under Value by RM 182,612,251.00
Cash per share RM1.05. Extra Cash above Market Price per share is RM 0.30

Going forward, this could be very exciting for the shareholders to see more improvement in the share price going up in the near future.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz