HONG LEONG INDUSTRIES BHD

KLSE (MYR): HLIND (3301)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

10.60 - 10.72

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

2,559 comment(s). Last comment by observatory 1 day ago

Sardin

810 posts

Posted by Sardin > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Is the big boss going to be stingy or generous in paying final dividend this time? I hope all the loyal shareholders get what they deserve. We don't mind the CEO to get a good pay but other shareholders should be rewarded also and given a FULL AND FAIR share of the profit in the form of dividend.

Sardin

810 posts

Posted by Sardin > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

This counter trading volume is very low and because of this its share price is depressed and this put minor shareholders in great disadvantages. I think the major shareholder should take care of the minor shareholders by making the share price to be at least reflecting the value of the business. This can be done by simply paying higher regular dividend as all the business under HLIND are already at matured and saturated stage. Holding back too much money is not fair to minor shareholders. This monies belong to every shareholders and so please pay it out.

Posted by lionel messi > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Welcome back Sardin. Spot on. We missed your wisdom and guidance. Hope you stay for a long time.

Sardin

810 posts

Posted by Sardin > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Invest while the forum is quiet. How to maximize return? Be the early birds that discover the change of wind, and take actions. Stingy boss? Becoming generous boss? Time will tell. Will patience be rewarded? Will trust be disappointed? Time will tell. It could be never happen, or it could be really soon. The waiting is the suffering that you need to pay to be in the game.

Sardin

810 posts

Posted by Sardin > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

~ Sardin, 27 Apr 2024

Sardin

810 posts

Posted by Sardin > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

So quiet, I think I come back here after 2 months.

Posted by lionel messi > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Looks like it's only you and me @Sardin. Quiet is good. Can collect discreetly. Calm before the rush to above RM11. Need to suffer the waiting as you said. Cheers.

Sardin

810 posts

Posted by Sardin > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Another one month or two it will become "tourist spot" and re-pricing to RM 15 within 2 years. If Guocera is sold off then this will happen sooner.

observatory

1,028 posts

Posted by observatory > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Is RM11 possible? What could potentially drive share price above RM11?

Look no further than the the effect of 50 sen special dividend announced on 21 Feb.

Just a few days before the announcement, the share was traded at around RM9.4. But share price closed at RM10.3 on the day after the announcement. It was a 90 sen gain on 50 sen dividend announcement.

On 26 Mar just before the ex-date, the share price closed at RM10.7, representing RM1.3 gain.

In other words, the 50sen special dividend announcement has moved the share price higher by RM0.9 to RM1.3.

What has actually happened?

By reducing its cash, which earns a mere 3% bank interest, the company has actually become more valuable. The company intrinsic value has increased even though its cash balance has become smaller!

It shows all the while the market has been quite rational. It discounts excessive cash held on the company’s balance sheet.

Before the special dividend announcement, every excess RM1 cash is probably valued at just 20 sen. In other words, the net cash per share of RM5.4 before SD distribution contributed just RM1 to the share price.

But when the company signaled a change in attitude by returning 50 sen to shareholder, the market started to value its cash balance higher. Each RM1 in cash was now valued at probably 40sen, i.e. the RM5.4 net cash per share was valued at RM2.1, moving the share price higher by RM1.1.

Comes next quarterly report, if the company were to announce a 39 sen regular dividend + another 50 sen special dividend, not only will share price go above RM11, it may even go beyond RM12 as the market values its cash even higher.

Instead of hoping for market action, we have to hope for the company action!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz