HARTALEGA HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): HARTA (5168)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.05 (1.86%)

Day's Change

2.69 - 2.77

Trading Volume

14 people like this.

33,392 comment(s). Last comment by YourQuirkyWays29 2 hours ago

kuaTAKtahu

1,455 posts

Posted by kuaTAKtahu > 2022-09-05 10:57 | Report Abuse

Top 30 shareholders combine controlling 80%

Posted by Sweetchocalates > 2022-09-05 11:01 | Report Abuse

was betting for a short term trade based on past volume I observed. but it looks like they don't wanna push up. They park fake 5-10k lot remove and dump. Repeat. At least they push up topglove before dump.

small loss. exited at 1.62. Looks like gonna drop below 1.5.

James_Bond

3,301 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2022-09-05 11:15 | Report Abuse

JP Morgan TP of 1.20 is reachable!

EverettLee

346 posts

Posted by EverettLee > 2022-09-05 11:17 | Report Abuse

Panic sell again...?

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-09-05 11:19 | Report Abuse

i wait for below rm1 to top up just for the double insurance, for now just ignore the price and let it be, wanna press down then press down, wanna go up i am happy too

Phoebe

452 posts

Posted by Phoebe > 2022-09-05 11:49 | Report Abuse

Heard from AGM that the oversupply might prolonged till 2024. Pre-Covid, glove demand is 320B. Covid add another 60B but current world capacity is at 500B. I think this is the game see who have more case to burn and see who collapse 1st. It is like running a marathon.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-09-05 11:55 | Report Abuse

In that case, there's no rush. For those wanting a bit more activity, Topglove QR should come out in about two weeks. Unless we see light at the end of the tunnel, expect the selloff to continue.

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-09-05 12:19 | Report Abuse

correct, buy at your own risk, all know gloves now are downhill.
but people always like to try their luck to catch the falling knife.
plus the prices already down so much, many might see the values and willing to take the risk to buy now.

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-05 12:59 | Report Abuse

in my opinion, there's 2 ways to look at buying during a dump:
1. catching the falling knife (looking for a potential technical rebound and quickly sell off)
2. the fall in price matched with investors' budget and they decided to increase their exposure in the stock

If you are investing for long term, becareful of your thoughts to catch a rebound, that's already beyond your initial research. Play it long, play it safe.

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-05 13:01 | Report Abuse

I'm in the second boat, I have no problem keep on holding to my Harta so long the company don't do unreasonable things or going to bankrupt. However, it doesnt mean I won't buy, the entry price just got to make sense for my overall portfolio exposure.

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-09-05 13:16 | Report Abuse

EPF still dump behind when they finish clear stock harta will become penny stock , EPF thank you to water fish !

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-05 13:26 | Report Abuse

@natsuko, I'm curious, so you have an opinion that china will takeover the glove market and eliminate malaysian glove sellers. And that opinion is based on your expectation that China gov will do all it takes to help their glove companies takeover the glove market?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-09-05 13:27 | Report Abuse

I am on the second boat too. I can understand why many people are tempted to choose the first option (buy low, sell during a rebound), but I think it is extra risky to go into gloves given current sentiment. When will it rebound, next month? next year? next decade? who knows... If I were to trade short term, I would rather hitch a ride on an up-trend counter/industry (make sure to cabut before it all comes crashing down).

Posted by value_seeker > 2022-09-05 13:41 | Report Abuse

Fair value? The expected market is in oversupply. Anyone know the supply capacity and demand quantity? With these figures we can know the fair price of glove companies. What is the supply growth and demand growth will be the answer to when over-supply issue affecting glove companies share price will even out.

Ryan83

1,835 posts

Posted by Ryan83 > 2022-09-05 15:29 | Report Abuse

Malaysia glove companies need to sell below USD20/1000 pcs to compete with China counterparts for next few quarters due to oversupply problems lasting until 2024

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-05 15:38 | Report Abuse

@Leslie have a look at Harta's top 30 shareholders, you'd be surprised.

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-05 15:39 | Report Abuse

@Ryan83, let's see what happens next quarter. I believe in Harta's strategy, you dont always have to fight price with price head on, differentiate ownself in another way.

Yu_and_Mee

3,451 posts

Posted by Yu_and_Mee > 2022-09-05 15:45 | Report Abuse

up a bit, drop a lot
how to trade like this?

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-09-05 16:38 | Report Abuse

rss theory again? it won't work, see what happen to TG when they shorted till 230m shares, in the end they also won big big to clear all the rss when TG dropped to 1.5.
in the it is still the earning matter, if gloves can gain the good profit like pre-covid and show the grow in QR, the short sellers will immediately admit loss and clear their short positions. but if like today the earning is downhill and all forecast the worst is yet to come, the short will dare to short more if you wanna buy more

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-09-05 16:46 | Report Abuse

you see it is undervalue, but short sellers see now is over price. if their valuation is RM1.2 then what to scare to short now. but if we believe the glove industry will return in 1 or 2 years, then we also won't be afraid to buy now. unless you are the gambler to buy with your urgent cash and wish to win the quick bucks, then be prepared to get gamed by the short sellers as they gonna to continue press down the price till you cut loss

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-05 17:11 | Report Abuse

@WinBigOrLoseAll sums it all up in your last comment.

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-09-05 17:39 | Report Abuse

First time closed at 1.5x !
Next week should see 1.4x !

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-09-05 17:40 | Report Abuse

No far already from 1.20 !

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-09-05 17:40 | Report Abuse

If 1 day drop 3 - 7 sens !

i3lurker

13,737 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-09-05 18:09 | Report Abuse

no worries
if everyday down 7 sen will take long time to reach 3 sen

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-09-05 20:50 | Report Abuse

Hold longer loss bigger all glove stocks , die forever !

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2022-09-05 22:08 | Report Abuse

Aiyoh...no D.I.E. hereloh.
Company still kicking and alive.
All intelligent shareholders of harta, non shareholders are blessed with the ability to invest those extra hard earned cash of theirs in the share market.
Shares investment is just part of our life, with our very own investment portfolio.
We are not in a contest of Nujum Pak Belalang teka siapa, shareholder or the Company greet bye bye to earth first, lol
We all are intelligent investors agree to disagree in a constructive discussion on the ongoing in the company and its share price, thats all

flyhub888

526 posts

Posted by flyhub888 > 2022-09-05 23:06 | Report Abuse

of all stock, why choose gloves which is downtrending.

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-06 07:07 | Report Abuse

@fluhub888 answer is, we didn't choose to enter when its confirmed to be downtrending. We chose to enter when the price fits/goes below what we perceive as fair value based on the business of the company, and we believe in their future (despite other investors don't).

And if you look at the market as a whole, majority is "downtrending" now anyways with the recent geopolitical uncertainties, inflations, and rate hikes. If you are able to choose and trade the right counter to make gains even at this time, then good on you. But consider yourself genius/lucky, cause even berkshire hathaway aint doing that great.

Posted by value_seeker > 2022-09-06 08:07 | Report Abuse

Recent information flowing pointed to the downtrend continuing for Harta. Very good company but share when trending down need to hit certain bottom before rebounding. With over capacity and higher costs, i believe Harta will drop lower. This is a counter that has potential to increase price when its market reaches equilibrium. But none will bu higher than necessary in this market.

kl_guy

1,476 posts

Posted by kl_guy > 2022-09-06 08:17 | Report Abuse

value_seeker,
harta might drop a bit more ...rm1.56...rm1.60 ....i think it's almost done .

Posted by value_seeker > 2022-09-06 08:22 | Report Abuse

Better wait and see. Next indicator is TG report and in two months time Harta report. The market imbalance is still favoring supply side.

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-09-06 08:22 | Report Abuse

3 main reasons why u should sell glove stocks:
1. U already reached the target capital gain .

2.the thesis is broken , business future will be worst when losing market , losing net profit , or even net loss !

3.investment in this stock already disturbed your sleep well at night zone !

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-09-06 08:25 | Report Abuse

When jpm tp 1.20 then it will be 30 - 40% more drop from their TP !

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-06 08:28 | Report Abuse

@Natsuko thanks for that, I don't have all 3, no reason for me to sell.

Agree to disagree on the thesis part, I don't think Harta is going down the drain, I was personally satisfied with Q1, let's see how things goes moving forward. We all know glove demand is growing, the problem now would be the supply, and for this part - in Harta's management I trust. They have good work ethic & values and should be able to keep their key customers to buy from them at a more premium price (when compared to current market) in exchange for stability in supplies.

I would be more concerned if Harta really starts to go loss making without a near term solution. Closing inefficient plants would be the first step towards cost reduction, so as I said, lets see.

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-06 08:29 | Report Abuse

@value_seeker agreed on wait and see if you have not invested, but if you've bought in, it is a risky move to sell now in hopes that it will drop lower to buy back. It's almost the same as RSS. That is a risky game I don't want to buy. But if you meet Natsuko's 3 conditions, by all means - sell.

Posted by value_seeker > 2022-09-06 08:41 | Report Abuse

Those holding the stock need to analyses the stock to decide whether to buy or sell. Harta has dropped a lot and thus cannot comment on cut loss/ win decision. Wait for more sign to decide.

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2022-09-06 09:10 | Report Abuse

Like any other ordinary shareholders, day one purchased due to its good reputation, not many were in the business of manufacturing gloves. Along the way wait for the fruits of harvest. From a nobody to the top four in the gloves sector, expanding from a small, medium to a large factory in Sepang. Good healthy balance sheet, great ESG with more improvement on the way, contributing to the community, providing more jobs opportunity to the younger generation. Of course during the peak pandemic, everybody laughing all the way to the bank, the gov the owners the shareholders and the employees as well with more donation like gloves during critical period to the medical healthcare personnel of the country. Management walk the talk from day one up to now, Touching Lives Grounded in Values and as of todate Future Focused. Now, global recession, hike in cost of everything under the sun everywhere across the world, fierce competition among the old and newbies of the industry....the Company still kicking and alive surviving with profits made, dividend distribution to shareholders and standing tall head on facing the difficult time ahead them. If you are looking at the numbers alone rolling down, well aint good sight at all ..only good for those number crunching short term big money makers. But if you are looking at the survival of the fittest in long term among any businesses across the board that facing much hardship now due to the global downturn, my choice, same as day one, still and very much maintained in Hartalega, the manufacturer of a essential non obsolete product of the worldwide healthcare sectors.

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:14 | Report Abuse

First , think , Second , believe , Third , dream , And Finally , dare ...... MOUNTAIN SENSATION awaiting your ....WAVE WIND JUST ON DATING .

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-09-06 09:15 | Report Abuse

Why are we here? We're either day-traders, reverse short-sellers, or bottom-fishers

Yu_and_Mee

3,451 posts

Posted by Yu_and_Mee > 2022-09-06 09:16 | Report Abuse

if able to hold and continue to top up, then good.
Plan your trade and trade your plan.

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:16 | Report Abuse

HARTA big rhythm TODAY , proposal on QUICK EXPANDING BUSINESS PROSPECT TO WORLDWIDE .....

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:17 | Report Abuse

HARTA ORE AIM GLOBAL PANEL BOARD ON GLOVE SEGMENT .

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2022-09-06 09:18 | Report Abuse

Bottom fisher i guess, fear of missing out the lowest of lows. This strategy hasn't serve me well so far this year, but how low will the market go? If it is recession time, then it is time for DCA.

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:18 | Report Abuse

ESTIMATED HARTA SHARE PRICE WILL LEAP UP FEW ROUND BEFORE HIT RM 7.00 , END OF SEPT .

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:19 | Report Abuse

THE CHASING UP WILL LEAD BY EXTERNAL SOLID OFF SHORE .

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:20 | Report Abuse

SPY FIRM LEAK < IS NECESSARY ......WHALES PRESS TOO LOW ALREADY < THEY ALSO FEEL UNSAVE , IF NOT PULL BACK .

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:21 | Report Abuse

1.60 - 7.00 ......... MARATHON START .

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:21 | Report Abuse

SELLING POINT ON KUAN SIR LATEST WEAPON ....... ORGANIC GLOVE ..

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2022-09-06 09:22 | Report Abuse

IT IS MERCURY RISING TUNE ONWARD .

Post a Comment
Market Buzz