AFFIN BANK BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): AFFIN (5185)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.11 (3.29%)

Day's Change

3.23 - 3.35

Trading Volume

4 people like this.

4,041 comment(s). Last comment by ScotFree 3 days ago

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Sarawak business tycoons ( timber , oil palm & shipping } are backing for a local Sarawakian bank. They lost 6 Sarawak banks thru the bank consolidation merger and acquisition in the 90's.. They are happily backing Abang Johari for the Affin bank acquisition.

LubeTrader

248 posts

Posted by LubeTrader > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

If not for the boo-boo that occurred about 2 weeks ago and the memorable meltdown on Monday, I wonder how much it's worth now per share. Such are the hurdles it has to endure.

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Posted by Plantermen > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Look at how YTLP perform {never a straight line} on /off pull back. Set your target price and trust your own judgement.. Banks in Malaysia are said to be resilent and closely monitor by BNM.. Stability and most of all risk adverse vs banks operating in UK or EU

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

In Premier we rest our hopes.
The Borneo Premier.
No, not the Premier products manufactured in Peninsula.

LubeTrader

248 posts

Plantermen, I understand your explanation. I just that I couldn't accept the self-inflicted damage to the good reputation of the bank. I can't tolerate people labeling it as a 'pump & dump' counter. It's just not.

LubeTrader

248 posts

Bursino, don't forget to also pray hard no more surprises. Just smooth sailing all the way.

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Me too are puzzled why certain individual label it " pump & dump". Reminds me of YTLP in their early bull run { a few individuals keep asking people to sell and dump the shares } from the 2.10.... right to 2.50.....3.50.....4.00..... Now the price is 4. 35 { even after the pull back}

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Ditto @LubeTrader and thank you.
Digress from Affin
Artificial Intelligence will be the next big thing in Sarawak. Abundant natural resources and political stability. No earth quakes. Cheap Environmental Friendly Electricity ✔ Clean crystal clear water ✔ Vast tracts of land ( which can be cheap). Already in motion to groom talents - top scholars from Malaya are welcome to pursue their tertiary education in Sarawak FOC. UEC recognised. In fact there should be no worries on talents (unlike in Malaya) because Sarawak controls its immigration. Import from China and the whole ecosystem will be inundated with Engineers. Customs and Culture sensitivities are not an issue, can designate free zones like Dubai. I don't know, but I am invested in some Hornbill companies to preserve and growth wealth for the next 2 generations. 😁

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Just to add on Sarawak State is the largest producer of natural gas in Malaysia. Previously sale of natural gas is channel directly under Petronas but now the distribution of natural gas is reverted back to the Sarawak State government under the purview of Petros { the gas aggregrator for the state licensing, distribution and retail} 13 multi national companies have received their licence from Petros. Another 3 more applications is still pending.

LubeTrader

248 posts

Posted by LubeTrader > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Buyers are super confident, defying the strong sell call.

Posted by edithcapital > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

LTAT selling shares to Sarawak now

LubeTrader

248 posts

Why is it done on the open market? Not direct transaction at fixed price? Between 11.20 to 11.22am just now, I noticed several blocks of 500k units changed hands.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

LTAT sold 4.95% to Sarawak state. Additional 20% comes likely from thier Boustead own shares portfolio. Abang Johari wants 30% stake in Affin. Strong possibility he collecting from the open market

LubeTrader, it's not done in the open market, 20 transactions of 5k lots transacted using otc

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Posted by Plantermen > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Just wait for the official acqusition announcements from Abang Johari. Sarawak and Sabah asking the 35%quota in Parliament. Currently they holds arounds 26 %

ZenSen

67 posts

Posted by ZenSen > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

What will be the likely acquisition price?

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Million dollar question.?

ScotFree

33 posts

Posted by ScotFree > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Wahh! Huat ka siao

😀

LubeTrader

248 posts

Rally cooling off. Now begins the period of waiting for the signing of the purchase agreement.

Posted by Jason Lee Chinhan > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Deep dive again tomorrow. Red Sea all the ways. 😂

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

You good-lah. You can know what is going to happen tomorrow. You should have let us know earlier. Now cannot do anything-lah.

It's too late should have run when green green day 😂

Market overall showing weakness chart wise showing price consolidation

Bursino

244 posts

I am convince Bursa has peaked. I am putting in motion, actions to mitigate events that in the likelihood will bring about unfortunate consequences.

Bursino

244 posts

it takes a ความมหัศจรรย์ (kwarm mahat satjan) to breach 1700 by end year as touted by the optimists.

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Affin closed at the day low 3.10/3.11

It will get lowered. Better switch to CIMB which more stable day day green green.

Strong pick up on Friday. Hopefully can sustain the price upward momentum

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Sustain buying across all 9 banking stocks. The big 4 { MBB+30, CIMB +33 , PB+25 & HLB+55 } all traded higher today. RHB ,Affin, ABMB , Ambank all play catching up.

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Posted by Plantermen > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

JP morgan and Goldman sachs { Both the 2 iconic US heavyweights IB } have upgraded Malaysia equity market after 6 long years. This has attracted inflows & a relook in our local market scene

turbochart

426 posts

Posted by turbochart > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

I'm sorry. I quit already 😁. Today small gain 700 only

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Road block at 3.30

turbochart

426 posts

Posted by turbochart > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Ppl angry I happy 😂
Ppl hungry I worry 😜

turbochart

426 posts

Posted by turbochart > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Ppl turun interest Malaysia Naik interest😀

LubeTrader

248 posts

Posted by LubeTrader > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Too many retail buyers playing contra. Buy solely for capital gain then spread false info hoping for price to drop to buy in again, bragging at each successive cycle.

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Posted by Plantermen > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Market is open. We have day or flip players, short term and long term. Warren Buffet says buy the shares is liking buying the business. Let it grow

Plantermen

2,196 posts

Posted by Plantermen > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

The 3 mid tier bank's listed share price on Bursa. Affin at $3.33, Ambank $ 5.01 and Alliance bank at $4.46. In terms of bank assets, network, EPS or loan growth. Affin is quite close to their peer. But when come to share pricing. Affin as a group is a poor cousin vs it's peer. Not a buy call just my own view looking at the statistics

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Noted. Confidence deficit. A new owner and management can help mitigate long held stigma attached. Continue to hold.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Today Affin bank $3.40 +7 Ambank $5.17 + 16, ABMB $4.47 +1. Still lots to catch up

ScotFree

33 posts

Posted by ScotFree > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Huat Ah!!! Hehehe

Post a Comment
Market Buzz