CENSOF HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CENSOF (5195)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.005 (1.69%)

Day's Change

0.29 - 0.305

Trading Volume

23 people like this.

9,210 comment(s). Last comment by targetinvest 6 days ago

Posted by Logic Trading Analysis > 2014-11-21 00:09 | Report Abuse

Yes, CENSOF will be a safe heaven to all in trip 2.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/logictradinganalysis/64533.jsp

seb5

84 posts

Posted by seb5 > 2014-11-21 17:39 | Report Abuse

Quarterly rpt on consolidated results for the financial period ended 30/9/2014

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1801329

陈冠江

46 posts

Posted by 陈冠江 > 2014-11-21 17:51 | Report Abuse

good or not?

Insanity

242 posts

Posted by Insanity > 2014-11-21 18:07 | Report Abuse

good but not for this quarter

keanpoh

91 posts

Posted by keanpoh > 2014-11-21 18:16 | Report Abuse

I wonder why the loss is attributed to owners of the company while the profits are for non-controlling interest.

Besides, in the notes to future prospect, looks like the company didn't mention a lot about GST related projects/revenue/income anymore, just GST related marketing activities.

My advice: Stay away from this company.

kentg03

971 posts

Posted by kentg03 > 2014-11-21 18:54 | Report Abuse

No profit! Omg...

Posted by newbiehk2014 > 2014-11-21 21:11 | Report Abuse

net profit is ~RM2M??

Posted by henrytham77 > 2014-11-21 21:17 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 21): Censof Holdings Bhd ( Financial Dashboard) slipped into the red in its second financial quarter ended Sept 30, 2014 (2QFY15) with a net loss of RM534,000, after deducting profit attributable to the financial software provider’s non-controlling interests, while leaving losses to its shareholders.

It posted a net profit of RM1.13 million in the year-ago period. Loss per share for 2QFY15 was 0.13 compared with an earnings per share of 0.33 a year ago.

Censof, however, recorded a pre-tax profit of RM5.19 million in 2QFY14 compared with RM1.35 million a year ago.

Revenue was up four-fold to RM32.63 million in 2QFY15 from RM7.65 million a year ago, mainly due to the consolidation of Dagang NeXchange Bhd ( Financial Dashboard)'s (DNEX) results for the quarter.

For the six months period, Censof registered a net profit of RM1.18 million on revenue of RM64.15 million. Since Censof has changed its financial year end from Dec 31 to March 31, there was no comparison with the previous corresponding period.

Moving forward, the group expects to have a better business prospect in the current financial year ending March 31, 2015 (FY15), as it made certain marketing initiatives and cost management actions by securing more commercial sector applications.

It also expects its joint venture with Asian Business Solutions Sdn Bhd to intensify on the Goods and Services Tax-related marketing activities, synergies from DNEX and rationalisation exercise to streamline operating overheads to contribute to FY15's earnings.

Censof shares were up half sen or 0.93% to 54.5 sen today, with 6.52 million shares traded, giving it a market capitalisation of RM246.15 million.

alanleong

341 posts

Posted by alanleong > 2014-11-21 21:25 | Report Abuse

Isit good or not good after the report come out?? :)

Posted by Voon Choon Foo > 2014-11-21 23:01 | Report Abuse

its good ! just depends how you see it..

Poppop

129 posts

Posted by Poppop > 2014-11-21 23:21 | Report Abuse

Is good

Posted by henrytham77 > 2014-11-22 00:24 | Report Abuse

is good for next year

mdrizal

93 posts

Posted by mdrizal > 2014-11-22 01:04 | Report Abuse

bad for this quarter. They loss rm0.5M

kentg03

971 posts

Posted by kentg03 > 2014-11-22 06:39 | Report Abuse

No profit also consider good?

micky92

759 posts

Posted by micky92 > 2014-11-22 07:09 | Report Abuse

Overall still good..in fact time to accumulate more as prospect look very much brighter

AAATrader

10 posts

Posted by AAATrader > 2014-11-22 09:08 | Report Abuse

Loss of 500k is not a relevant issue. Still a potential counter. Don't worry.

Posted by newbiehk2014 > 2014-11-22 10:45 | Report Abuse

should be looking at net profit right? which is RM2M for Q2 and total RM7M for 1H

Posted by martinbartesque > 2014-11-22 10:57 | Report Abuse

It has profit of RM2mil after tax. just the profit was attributed to non-controlling interest. Its loss was not because of low revenue or high operating expense. I believe actual revenue from GST should be in from Q4 2014 and Q1 2015. I will keep and wait it for next two more quarter financial report.

wiseeye

1,199 posts

Posted by wiseeye > 2014-11-22 15:37 | Report Abuse

No projects or contracts at all, how do you see profits coming in? I seriously have heavy doubts for this counter. Unless projects starts flowing in, this counter is quite dead.

AAATrader

10 posts

Posted by AAATrader > 2014-11-22 15:57 | Report Abuse

wiseeye, if until big project flowing in, u r too late.

keanpoh

91 posts

Posted by keanpoh > 2014-11-22 17:13 | Report Abuse

Look, you're investing into a company who has increased revenue but at the same time increased operating expenses too. So it will end up with negative, zero or peanut profits. So now, people are hoping for huge inflow of revenue/sales contributed by GST related business but don't forget, based on the latest quarterly report, looks like even when revenue is quadrupled, operating expenses increased at a much higher rate too, which is meaningless for shareholders because they should be worried about the bottom line (net profit).

So what are included into operating expenses? Director's pay, management fees, employee's wages & bonuses, customer relationship expenses, electricity bill, telephone bills, petrol, employee training, etc etc etc.

In a well managed company who cares about maximising shareholders wealth, the management will try their best to increase revenue and reduce operating expenses so that they increase their profit margin and therefore more money will flow into the bottom line (net profit). Look at some other companies (for example IFCAMSC), their net profit will only grow when sales increase but operating expenses is maintained or reduced. That's only good for investors. But don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying IFCAMSC is well-managed, but relative to CENSOF, yes. So far from the latest earnings report, IFCAMSC looks like a better managed company.

Sometimes, a company can report negative profit because they are investing a lot into the future, which will bring positive earnings in the future. This can be seen in their earnings report under the capital expenditure section of the Cash Flow Statement or even from depreciation & amortisation amount to understand what is the management doing with the company's money. These information can be found in the Cash Flow Statement again. But i'm sorry to say that I don't see these in the case of CENSOF.

So how will CENSOF make huge profit in the future? I don't think so unless they can somehow abruptly reduce their operating expenses which means operating more efficiently. Do you think the management is aware of this and is working very hard to increase their margin? Do you think the management is spending a lot into the future? Go find out yourself in their financial report?

Don't simply believe in other people's single line comment/reply to your question (eg. No earnings is good; not good today, good in future) Ask yourself, how will these people know earnings will be good in the future? Remember, nobody knows what will happen tomorrow and what we can do today is to predict the future based on historical result and management's capability.

Note: I am not a shareholder of CENSOF nor IFCAMSC.

keanpoh

91 posts

Posted by keanpoh > 2014-11-22 17:21 | Report Abuse

By the way, RM2 million of Profit After Tax out of RM32 million of sales is shit for a software company. What are your operating expenses that you need to spend so much until your margin gets so low? Software companies can easily get margin of 20% - 50%, if managed well. MyEG = 45% net profit margin, IFCAMSC = 20% net profit margin. CENSOF = 1.8% profit margin (in the last 2 quarters).

Sorry to be so cruel.

wiseeye

1,199 posts

Posted by wiseeye > 2014-11-22 17:27 | Report Abuse

If you guys know anything about accounting you won't be questioning about the profits. Censof's quarterly FS shows consolidated SOCI and SOFP first, assuming DNex is a subsidiary. Then, it eliminates again the consolidated amount, now assuming it is an associate, which is based on the % of ownership instead of 100% consolidation. With that, the earnings dropped drastically as the bottomline only shows the real % of ownership (equity method of accounting).

What I don't agree is Censof's accountant uses a cheap way to confuse some shareholders whereby they used consolidation method first and then finally equity method.

8u29song

2,785 posts

Posted by 8u29song > 2014-11-22 17:46 | Report Abuse

that's why price can't move up !!!!

faralenz77

1,020 posts

Posted by faralenz77 > 2014-11-22 18:52 | Report Abuse

So come Monday, censof price will fall....??

region

7,876 posts

Posted by region > 2014-11-22 19:10 | Report Abuse

most probably drop since report like this....i not much share hold at censof but decided to throw on monday

Posted by Logic Trading Analysis > 2014-11-22 22:18 | Report Abuse

censof got 80 government sector support, no need get new project already cukup makan.. just wait their shows, if you all throw, they will be much more happy.. so short term go away.. next quarter u all will cry. u see they pay so much tax.. some thing is fishy to make ppl who cant understand their trick and throw.. i am holding and buying more in near term :D

region

7,876 posts

Posted by region > 2014-11-23 19:45 | Report Abuse

mostly monday censof will drop due to the this quarter report but this counter got potential i feel will collect when it keep droping lolx

chiam4192

321 posts

Posted by chiam4192 > 2014-11-24 13:07 | Report Abuse

why worry of one quarter loss, look at KSL the report of FY 2013 Q4 caused it to drop from 2.44 to 2.13 but now it's more than double. What is important is the reason if there is a loss.

region

7,876 posts

Posted by region > 2014-11-24 17:56 | Report Abuse

in the end fact proven is drop trend and stay dormant for sometime hopefully next Quarter result better

faralenz77

1,020 posts

Posted by faralenz77 > 2014-11-24 21:49 | Report Abuse

So buy at your own risk....

Posted by Logic Trading Analysis > 2014-11-25 00:36 | Report Abuse

yeah.. this counter will give u good CNY angpao if you hold it :)

KingDavid

2,666 posts

Posted by KingDavid > 2014-11-25 10:54 | Report Abuse

I am starting to worry about this counter. About the expected GST contracts from 80+ government agencies. If the contracts are there to take, why is the company so desperate to have joint venture with foreign company like MYOB. Why did the previous MD, the founder, had to step down and moved to DNEX? Why are the expenses so high? On top of these, are the investment of DNEX to bear fruit since the rights of DNEX are used to buy into the Oil & gas sector? The global meltdown on Crude oil is the evident that the oil & gas sector is suffering. I am beginning to lose hope on Censof.

KingDavid

2,666 posts

Posted by KingDavid > 2014-11-25 11:35 | Report Abuse

The only hope I hope in Censof is that the big players are holding a lot of shares for some reasons that we do not know. When you are least expected, surprise will come. There is no more logical explanation for the shares to move up considering the facts that we all already knew through official announcements. The only hope is for what we do not know could surprise us.

lian998

464 posts

Posted by lian998 > 2014-11-25 13:55 | Report Abuse

censof already formed tripple top.......will go down more........

papaya

3,086 posts

Posted by papaya > 2014-11-25 14:50 | Report Abuse

good....sold all wb yesterday....waiting at 20+++cts...

faralenz77

1,020 posts

Posted by faralenz77 > 2014-11-25 14:59 | Report Abuse

1. censof depends heavily on govt contracts to survive
2. censof is protected by the govt... difficult to survive on its own
3. CEO, directors of censof are like govt servants...lack of drive..contented....enjoy the perks and high salaries...

lian998

464 posts

Posted by lian998 > 2014-11-25 15:07 | Report Abuse

0.61 -25% is 0.45 coming..............

bmwm5

261 posts

Posted by bmwm5 > 2014-11-25 20:34 | Report Abuse

My opinion is govt sector also need a gst system and I believe this kind of contract will go to censof. Besides that, the myob is target for private sector which I believe that is the strategy for censof to penetrate private sector.
Lastly, the latest quarterly report shown the revenue increase tremendously but lack in profit, my interpretation is there might be increase in cost on developing new software but software only develop once but after that is only sales involve. Furthermore, high revenue also indicate that the company is benefit from gst implementation as well.

micky92

759 posts

Posted by micky92 > 2014-11-25 21:48 | Report Abuse

Believe next quarter will see better result

papaya

3,086 posts

Posted by papaya > 2014-11-26 09:05 | Report Abuse

No catalyst right now...switch to other counter...will come back when price right

lian998

464 posts

Posted by lian998 > 2014-11-26 19:37 | Report Abuse

tomorrow gap down ?

wiseeye

1,199 posts

Posted by wiseeye > 2014-11-26 21:02 | Report Abuse

KingDavid, like I said, there is currently no future for the company unless we see tangible inflows of contracts, which at this point of time, there is none. I took my chances to sell all my warrants (at all time high) and the mother shares subsequently and looking at the share price now, I realized that is my best selling decision ever made this year, at this juncture, on these circumstances.

All the forward-looking statements by Censof, appears to me, to be another "all talk but no action" and just waiting for no reason. Another significant concern that I have now is that, does the Gov really needs new GST softwares? Based on my current experience dealing with companies implementing GST, upgrading of softwares seems more relevant to businesses than government bodies. Even if there is, not much can earn by upgrading a small feature in their existing systems, unlike large manufacturing companies.

Hence, to me out of the 80++ Gov agencies, probably only a few agencies needs upgrading, and that also will just be a minor upgrade.

Based on my analysis above, I do not foresee potential upside to this counter and investors should sell immediately if there are still profits. If no contracts were to come in, the next few quarters will be reporting heavier losses and that will be the time when the company spiral downwards.

eastlands

89 posts

Posted by eastlands > 2014-11-27 00:56 | Report Abuse

@wiseeye well said ...cos govt agencies like INLAND REVENUE, EPF, SOCSO.....only receive monies from taxpayers and contributors which do not attract GST.....they do not sell nor buy products in their value chain so mana ada GST........and now they are trying to play catch up with IFCA and YGL to penetrate the private sector with that JV with MYOB...... means profits will be split further.... Censof is just doing national service like MAS..... and look what happened to MAS....one joker in this forum even had the gumption to tell us that Censof is some safe heaven to go all in....well if you let him GO ALL IN, i'm sure you'ii be pregnant by now and you end up carrying all the babies that nobody wants

philan

462 posts

Posted by philan > 2014-11-27 07:37 | Report Abuse

LOL at eastlands final comment. Cant believe both are GST software related company, end results are so different. It shows what good-managed company should be like and the opposite. Good Luck!

Posted by Govin Chuah > 2014-11-27 09:20 | Report Abuse

lian998

464 posts

Posted by lian998 > 2014-11-27 10:55 | Report Abuse

safe heaven ? bring people to holland.......

wiseeye

1,199 posts

Posted by wiseeye > 2014-11-27 10:58 | Report Abuse

The fact I'm so well versed with gst is because the fact I'm exposed to this everyday. As gst implementation nears and my understanding broadens I personally do not see any potential in censof at all at this juncture. The fact that it wants to venture into private sector means they know the dire situation in gov agencies.

Rather waiting for a miracle to happen, investors are now only looking at the share prices falling everyday bit by bit which will take forever or never to get back to where it was months ago.

lian998

464 posts

Posted by lian998 > 2014-11-27 11:08 | Report Abuse

if break 470 then free fall....to 400. ???

Post a Comment
Market Buzz