BANK ISLAM MALAYSIA BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): BIMB (5258)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

2.50 - 2.50

Trading Volume

32 people like this.

9,280 comment(s). Last comment by aimi4s1 18 hours ago

Posted by James Woon > 2012-07-31 20:30 | Report Abuse

bro chong, thanks for the info! How long do you think EPF will interrupt? Am awaiting the day when BIMB falls so that our HA would reap a reward...

alexlulu

449 posts

Posted by alexlulu > 2012-07-31 20:33 | Report Abuse

what makes our mkt so unique, the only one in the fucking whole world, even the kwailow also raise white flag n go to jakarta liao, is bcos of this la, what bro chong just said la. damn sien right?

Posted by James Woon > 2012-07-31 20:36 | Report Abuse

yup, too much intervene and manipulation...never a free and fair market!

odelette

20 posts

Posted by odelette > 2012-07-31 22:06 | Report Abuse

Bro Chong, thanks for the info sharing...
Sigh.. looks like the share market is manipulated by those big big FUNDS as they have too much capital..

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-08-01 02:01 | Report Abuse

Yes, you all said it right...no transparency in our market. We are in fact at the mercy of the biggest shark here & as always play smart please...thank you.

Cheers.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-08-01 02:46 | Report Abuse

now, why SELL YOUR OWN SON if you think it's that damn good?

Nancy Yap

62 posts

Posted by Nancy Yap > 2012-08-01 10:00 | Report Abuse

why today BIMB up ?

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-08-01 10:05 | Report Abuse

be careful EPF pushing up BIMB for "you know who" to sell....want to be Santa Claus with EPF?

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-01 10:11 | Report Abuse

Think think again....all the fund managers selling as claim above , follow the crowd , sit back to watch ? or go against the crowd ? or Chong didn't work hard enough to bring it down :)

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-08-01 10:18 | Report Abuse

I leave it to you to decide always...cheers. Sometimes I may be wrong?....cheers

alntm

221 posts

Posted by alntm > 2012-08-01 10:20 | Report Abuse

aiya, Bimb go up so much dy, ppl make money should be happy lor. So let it fall and let ppl holding bimb-ha make money lor. Then go up again and make again lor.. winwin and triple win.. if only go up only 1 winner which is the crony..let rakyat also makan mar..

ok i am biased cos i have HA..so HAHA...

Posted by tinkokchong > 2012-08-01 10:21 | Report Abuse

Bimb...5 waves completed!

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-01 10:24 | Report Abuse

bro tinkokchong, do u mean the Elliott's wave? if that is the case we will see the decline of bimb in the 6th wave!

juinming0304

1,161 posts

Posted by juinming0304 > 2012-08-01 10:25 | Report Abuse

Bro chong,
God also got mistake, but rest assured in malysia, when mother up. HA also can up one LOL...

Please support digistar.

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-01 10:32 | Report Abuse

Begging ppl to support Digistar ??....:) quite entertaining reading all the posts here :)

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-08-02 03:49 | Report Abuse

Today bank price drop? ...read from this...Public finances similar to Italy/Israel
According to Fitch, Malaysia's public finances were weak,

Fitch warns M'sia of possible downgrade due to 'deteriorating' public debt ratios

Wednesday, 01 August 2012 17:23

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 1): Fitch Ratings maintained Malaysia's strong sovereign ratings, but at the same time has warned of a possible downgrade if the country's "deteriorating" public debt ratios are not reversed.

In a report on Wednesday, the international rating agency affirmed Malaysia's Long-Term Foreign and Local Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) at "A-" and "A" respectively. The outlook for both ratings is "Stable".

The Country Ceiling and Short-Term Foreign Currency IDR were affirmed at "A" and "F2" respectively, added the report.

"The ratings and outlooks reflect Malaysia's track record of macroeconomic stability and strong net external creditor position. However, deterioration in public debt ratios, low and energy-dependent revenues, as well as structural weaknesses such as low average incomes weigh on the credit profile. Fiscal slippage or a lack of progress on fiscal reforms to reverse the deterioration in public debt ratios following the impending election could prompt negative rating action."

However, Fitch opined that Malaysia's political willingness to reform and strengthen its fiscal revenue base, improve budgetary flexibility and lessen the reliance on energy-linked revenues would be supportive of the ratings at their current level.

Additionally, the successful implementation of the government's structural reform package — resulting in a rise in investments or gross domestic product (GDP) growth — would be positive for the ratings.

Public finances similar to Italy/Israel
According to Fitch, Malaysia's public finances were weak, relative to other "A" range peers. The rise in the federal government debt:GDP ratio has pushed Malaysia's debt/revenues ratio (246% in 2011) well above the "A" range medians (137%).

"It (Malaysia) is now on a par with more heavily indebted 'A' range sovereigns such as Italy (261%) and Israel (180%)."

The rating agency remarked that Malaysia's public finances exhibit structural weaknesses. It noted that while government revenues (24% of GDP in 2011) have stayed below the "A" range median of 33%, the share of petroleum-related revenues is high at 36% and fiscal flexibility has been diminished by fuel subsidies.

However, Fitch expects Malaysia's strong current account surplus to persist. Malaysia maintains a net external creditor position (30% of GDP at end-2011) well above the "A" range median of 16%. It also benefits from low external debt relative to "A" range peers.

Fitch acknowledged that strong foreign interest in Malaysian government securities can further strengthen Malaysia's sovereign funding conditions.

Malaysia's stronger growth and slower inflation, compared with "A" category peers, support its credit profile, it said, adding that the government's structural reform plan for the economy has helped attract private-sector investment interest in 2011.

However, the rating agency concluded that given the political environment, it "believes implementation risk to the reform agenda remains material".

gkheng

135 posts

Posted by gkheng > 2012-08-02 11:42 | Report Abuse

i think since EPF has bought so many, definitely will have a short interval of spike. it's matter u catch the train, ond depart on time, or u miss the stop and head south.

Posted by rambo goreng > 2012-08-02 14:34 | Report Abuse

since yesterday i noticed someone purposely to bring the price down, selling 1 lot lower than the offer price on and on.

qunox

34 posts

Posted by qunox > 2012-08-02 17:41 | Report Abuse

yep, someone trying to make as if BIMB is a losing counter. OBV show there is process of accumulation, and the price still has not break the support price. so for me BIMB foundation still strong though other technical indicator confim that BIMB is experiencing down trend meaning there will be no profit anytime soon. BIMB is good for the long term

samuel

659 posts

Posted by samuel > 2012-08-02 17:45 | Report Abuse

agree with qunox.

EmoTrader

171 posts

Posted by EmoTrader > 2012-08-02 18:31 | Report Abuse

Why This stock got so many 1 lot code???? Is it shark code? biggest Shark?

35 posts

Posted by 1688 > 2012-08-02 18:33 | Report Abuse

enemy who dont want $ ?

EmoTrader

171 posts

Posted by EmoTrader > 2012-08-02 18:37 | Report Abuse

Why so many counter got code 1,1,1? is it same shark?

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-08-02 19:04 | Report Abuse

Friends, please beware of the expiry date of warrant CC, yes CC RIP in just under 2 months and the issuer of this CC is none other the the "master warrant killer" CIMB. This issuing bank is definably NOT going to pay for the price of CC as it is now, yes, 32 cents. If CIMB allows it, then CIMB must be prepared to pay $10 million. Now if CIMB kills the CC, then CIMB makes $7.5 million "kuan loe".....so what say you...either CIMB pays $10 million or takes $7.5 million...which do you choose if you are the CIMB bank?

The exchange price of CC is $2.00 & do you think that CIMB is going to slowly throw down BIMB shares at a lower price until it reaches below $2.00????.....I cannot know what CIMB going to do but if you were CIMB, then what are you going to do to earn that total of $17.5 million.

CIMB had a record of killing warrants and this CC is no exception. You should have know that CIMB kills a warrant of Affin Bank from 12 cents to worthless paper.

I leave you to use your thinking cap....you think there will be 4th or 5th or 6th wave for BIMB?....think again....cheers.

mansor80

100 posts

Posted by mansor80 > 2012-08-02 20:38 | Report Abuse

bro chong... your kind word is appreciate... tqvm 4 reminder

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-02 22:03 | Report Abuse

Chong :I can only agree half of your statement only. If I not mistaken, when IBs issue any SW, they earn money regardless the SW in money or out of money. This is how they make their money

1) Warrant in money : There will be cash raised when IBs sell the warrant to public. If I'm not mistaken, IBs need to hold certain amount of the mother share in their holdings before they can issue the SW at certain ratio as regulated by Bursa.When warrant in money, IBs just uses the cash they have raise from selling of the SWs issued to finance the purchase of their mother share at interest free rate - money from public. Upon maturity, they will disposed the mother share at market price & earn back the price different of mother share. The profit should be more than sufficient to cover the cash to be distributed to the warrant holders.

2) Warrant out of money : This is no doubt the most preferred way by IBs. They maximized their earning by if the warrants become toilet paper.IBs could raise more cash by selling the warrants at higher when mother share price is higher but does not have to pay any cash back to warrants holder when warrants expired out of money. The fund raise is definitely higher than their purchase cost of the mother share they need to hold & there is no paper works cost involve.

They are never worry if they need to pay more, only matter of maximizing their earning. Hence, to say that they need to fork out additional RM10 million might not be so true.

lcms

37 posts

Posted by lcms > 2012-08-08 15:12 | Report Abuse

i wanna ask if someone can enlighten me. The BIMB-HA exercise price is 2.39. With its current underlying share price of 3.03, this makes the HA a negative of approximately -14.5%. If HA works opposite to that of Call Warrant, would this mean that is is actually 14.5% (positive). Because if its really -14.5%, then this HA is damn good deal!

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-08 15:23 | Report Abuse

For a put warrant to break even at maturity:

Put = Exercise price – Warrant price x Conversion ratio

For BIMB-HA, the price of mother share must drop below:

2.39-0.065(3)= 2.195

This is the only thing I am sure of. Wanna listen for other opinion too...

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-08 15:25 | Report Abuse

Which means if you buy HA now at 0.065 you will have to wait BIMB to drop below 2.195 to breakeven..

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-08 15:26 | Report Abuse

but this is not the case if you don't exercise right to convert it to common stock..we can just sell the warrant for higher price

lcms

37 posts

Posted by lcms > 2012-08-08 17:46 | Report Abuse

ok....got it!!....thanks

Posted by pjforsuccess > 2012-08-09 00:14 | Report Abuse

is bimb- cg in the money ?

Posted by staphyloccocus > 2012-08-09 10:09 | Report Abuse

if I no see it wrong...just got ppl buying it 10,000lot then got ppl sapu at 3.05?==||

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-09 16:38 | Report Abuse

don't worry, today bimb buy rate is only 9%, which means there are more selling deal than buying...we will see the light of day for our HA...

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-09 16:44 | Report Abuse

If looking it from TA we can see that BIMB is on a bearish parabolic SAR and downtrend MACD...cheers

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-09 18:59 | Report Abuse

lms : I suggest you better get your formula to calculate put warrant premium correct, it seems like you are screwed up at this point in my opinion. If you rely on the online calculator to calculate the premium - you can kiss the discount you arrived at a goodbye .

You can do a quite check here http://www.amwarrants.com/wrp/main/warrantsInfo/warrantBasic.jsp

Please check again & verify it with your broker for confirmation.

If are not familiar, stay away.

James Woon :Newbie warrant traders will normally pick warrant in money to practice until they are familiar before going to high gearing warrant. Even a savvy warrant traders will only pick on the warrants with strike price that are distorted not too far away from the mother price. This is to protect their capital if their speculation fails & the mother price move the opposite direction vs as per speculation, so that they still have time to dispose the time bomb to other when there are still willing buyers to pick up.

Well,your bomb still got 6 months before it detonate, hope you are able to make some cash in between. :) Good luck

lcms

37 posts

Posted by lcms > 2012-08-16 13:10 | Report Abuse

passerby. thanks for your advise. i only derived this figure because the maybank online share dont calculate put warrant correctly and this confused me.

choonhock

2,029 posts

Posted by choonhock > 2012-08-16 21:59 | Report Abuse

what is BIMB par value?

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-17 00:32 | Report Abuse

RM1.00 as with most of the counters under Finance. Its current NTA (as in The Star) is 1.71

Nancy Yap

62 posts

Posted by Nancy Yap > 2012-08-22 11:50 | Report Abuse

any good news for BIMB, today bull run..

qunox

34 posts

Posted by qunox > 2012-08-22 12:27 | Report Abuse

Alhamdulilah :). My believe in BIMB counter pay off.

chang21

436 posts

Posted by chang21 > 2012-08-22 20:42 | Report Abuse

Buy buy buy coming soon expect share to be up by 20% by year end.

Nancy Yap

62 posts

Posted by Nancy Yap > 2012-08-24 15:08 | Report Abuse

up up up!!

chang21

436 posts

Posted by chang21 > 2012-08-25 22:41 | Report Abuse

Sept is the month for bimb to go up up up and away. Another Takaful, maybe?

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-08-25 23:48 | Report Abuse

hehehe up up and away more like superman lah :)

chang21

436 posts

Posted by chang21 > 2012-08-27 20:59 | Report Abuse

good news coming soon expect shares to head north don't sell.

kl foong

421 posts

Posted by kl foong > 2012-08-27 21:49 | Report Abuse

Chang21, can you elaborate further about the good news.
TQ.

chang21

436 posts

Posted by chang21 > 2012-08-28 10:04 | Report Abuse

can't elaborate cause if so can have grave consequences on me but trust me don't sell hold for this couple of months , sure to profit.

kl foong

421 posts

Posted by kl foong > 2012-08-28 10:12 | Report Abuse

OK n thanks.
Maybe take profit first, then buy back later.

chang21

436 posts

Posted by chang21 > 2012-08-28 10:19 | Report Abuse

no just hold on to stock if you buy low and don't want to take the risk then sell but if you want to more profit then wait ...... can say that they MIGHT give out bonus issue soon.

Post a Comment