KUMPULAN HARTANAH SELANGOR BHD

KLSE (MYR): KHSB (6246)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

9 people like this.

3,409 comment(s). Last comment by chatterbox 2013-09-23 21:22

johndow

166 posts

Posted by johndow > 2013-08-29 10:35 | Report Abuse

yeah lah .. what to play stock .. win everytime .. then put money in fixed deposit la. Mr Ooi is kind enough to give his opinion. Want to follow or not .. that is the risk u guys need to take lah. Do you own thinking . not just hentam people. Aiyooo .. what laaa .. this kind of people also got!

56 posts

Posted by 66300 > 2013-08-29 10:47 | Report Abuse

OTB,
Dont be bothered lah. Some dogs bark for no reason, some keep barking because they get excited when some one respond.

These barkers chose not to highlight your preamble :Just be happy if you get it right 60% of the time. So dont respond, let these barkers syiok sendiri.

As For me, I am buying my wife a new car with KHSB profits. Yes I am an OTB ball carrier and proud of it. Yes I am boasting about too. Its my prerogative. See if I can find OTB number plate...

ivchoong

47 posts

Posted by ivchoong > 2013-08-29 10:49 | Report Abuse

Whatever said & done both positively & negatively, I learnt much from u guys' sharings. Just sold all my khsb @ 0.835 which I hv been holding for umpteen yrs. What a relief! Tks OBT for yr constructive sharings. Wished I had discovered this blog earlier then could hv made some 'kuih muih' pocket money! Come on guys let's make this an educational blog with a common aim to make profits & not to turn it into a battlefield. For better or for worse, at the end of the day the final decision is yrs to make. Hi to everyone & lets make some bucks together!

ronnie2u

657 posts

Posted by ronnie2u > 2013-08-29 11:08 | Report Abuse

@66300: Buy wife's new car with cash ah ?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-11 17:23 | Report Abuse

Risk arbitrage, a lesson learnt from KHSB.

Posted by kcchongnz > Apr 30, 2013 09:48 AM | Report Abuse X
Market inefficiency?
News broke out about the signing of the S&P for the takeover offer last night. Maximum takeover price 83.6 sen and minimum 76 sen. Completion of S&P by end of May. GO say take another 3 months to complete.
If everything concluded in the one plus three months and all investors get their money in four months, the profit of buying KHSB now at 67 sen would be between 13.4% and 24.8%, or an annualized return between 40% to 75%.
Why is there such a high risk premium for this risky arbitrage play?

The arbitrage opportunity for KHSB worked out exactly like what was written above 4 months ago. The Selangor Government is actively purchasing KHSB's shares directly from the market now at 83.5 sen. So the time frame of 4 months from the signing of S&P is also exact.

So the return for those who took the risk arbitrage made about 25%, or an annualized return of 75% as anticipated.

When is the next fat frog jumping around again?

Melvin G

601 posts

Posted by Melvin G > 2013-09-13 15:29 | Report Abuse

Have you sold all the units KC?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-13 15:32 | Report Abuse

Melvin, holding KHSB when you can sell at the price they going to settle with you in a few months time is not a wise move.

Melvin G

601 posts

Posted by Melvin G > 2013-09-13 15:35 | Report Abuse

Got it. I was hoping for the extra dividend they might be distributing.. Thks!

chatterbox

3,565 posts

Posted by chatterbox > 2013-09-23 21:22 | Report Abuse

Bursa news: Finally....
Type Announcement
Subject TAKE-OVERS & MERGERS (CHAPTER 11 OF LISTING REQUIREMENTS)
Description KUMPULAN HARTANAH SELANGOR BERHAD ("KHSB" OR "COMPANY")
- UNCONDITIONAL TAKE-OVER OFFER BY AFFIN INVESTMENT BANK BERHAD ON BEHALF OF KUMPULAN DARUL EHSAN BERHAD ("KDEB" OR "OFFEROR") TO ACQUIRE

(I) ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF RM1.00 EACH IN KUMPULAN HARTANAH SELANGOR BERHAD ("KHSB") ("KHSB SHARE(S)") NOT ALREADY OWNED BY KDEB; AND

(II) ALL THE NEW KHSB SHARES THAT MAY BE ISSUED PRIOR TO THE CLOSE OF THE OFFER ARISING FROM THE EXERCISE OF THE OUTSTANDING OPTIONS GRANTED PURSUANT TO KHSB’S EMPLOYEES’ SHARE OPTION SCHEME

(COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE "OFFER SHARES")

FOR A CASH OFFER PRICE OF RM0.836 PER OFFER SHARE ("OFFER")
The Board of Directors of KHSB wishes to announce that KHSB has today received the attached press notice from AFFIN Investment Bank Berhad, on behalf of the Offeror, informing that pursuant to Section 33 of the Malaysian Code on Take-Overs and Mergers 2010, the Offeror has dealt in KHSB Shares on 23 September 2013.
Please refer to the attachment for further details.

This announcement is dated 23 September 2013.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz