AEON CO. (M) BHD

KLSE (MYR): AEON (6599)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

1.20 - 1.21

Trading Volume

11 people like this.

3,999 comment(s). Last comment by laucsh 2 days ago

tradersampah

1,081 posts

Posted by tradersampah > 2021-02-02 16:03 | Report Abuse

slow, mana jerung, mari la angkut baru trbang rm2

Posted by Azam Sahlan > 2021-02-02 17:22 | Report Abuse

What i see, in many towns, eg Taiping, its a place to gather, watch movies, dinner, celebrations etc.

Aeon is a great Mid class mall.

People will flock back to it once covid's past.

johoran

368 posts

Posted by johoran > 2021-02-03 11:51 | Report Abuse

soon1.10

tradersampah

1,081 posts

Posted by tradersampah > 2021-02-03 11:55 | Report Abuse

johoran, not understand why ppl keep selling below rm1, they should hold like gamestop.

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-03 12:30 | Report Abuse

I noticed someone keep collecting few lots or 20~25 lots basically every minute since few days ago... Maybe the upcoming MCO protocols are going to be good (at least not restrict too much) for economy sector, such as retail shops and malls

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-03 12:34 | Report Abuse

Technical analysis wise, today it bounced off MA200 with some pretty decent volume, needs afternoon session to confirm though

Posted by moremoneyooo > 2021-02-03 18:47 | Report Abuse

Get ready. Technical showed that strong rebound will happens very soon.

tradersampah

1,081 posts

Posted by tradersampah > 2021-02-04 10:30 | Report Abuse

please clear all sell que, cant brain why this kind off ppl que to sell on lower price

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-04 11:27 | Report Abuse

Technicals are looking nice now. especially after yesterday's rise in volume. the highest volume day in 15 trading days.
Stochastics have crossed over and MACD tightening up. Short term Moving Average currently at 94.5, so I'm looking for that to break today or tomorrow.

Appears to be in a nicely controlled accumulation phase. With the Quarterly to be released in around 3 weeks time, my gut feeling is we will see a gradual move up on expectation of the results at least matching the solid last Quarterly.

Buying around this current price point seems to be a decent entry point, IMO.

tradersampah

1,081 posts

Posted by tradersampah > 2021-02-04 11:56 | Report Abuse

if no MCO this stock should on price > 2.50, CNY maa

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-02-04 17:55 | Report Abuse

Yes, AEON is a big entity, current price is really a bargain

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-04 18:09 | Report Abuse

I believe recovery themed stocks (like Aeon) will see even more upside when the vaccines are starting to be distributed in Malaysia, as SOPs of MCO are unlikely to be tightened anymore

kancil850

292 posts

Posted by kancil850 > 2021-02-05 01:17 | Report Abuse

Aeon really know their trade . I always find it pleasant when shopping at aeon. Know where to find things i need, know whre to pay, know wher to get vpuchers. When hlg say tp 1.17 i angguk n ciduk the shares la. 90 sen mur mur very good deal.

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-02-05 02:01 | Report Abuse

if before cny can't go up, just wait for good news when vaccine arrives

Posted by moremoneyooo > 2021-02-05 02:28 | Report Abuse

Rebound already started. Collect while it still cheap.

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-02-05 17:51 | Report Abuse

Engine warming up :D

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-06 09:21 | Report Abuse

Next week is a shortened week due to CNY, so the market closes at 12.30pm on Thursday. Looking at the chart, I'd say there's more than a 50/50 chance that this will touch the Rm1 mark before the CNY break.
The 94 to 96.5 region was always going to be a resistance area but 95 held well yesterday in an overall flat day on the market.
I'd be hoping for a break of Rm1 after the CNY holiday.

Let's see how it plays out and that the overall market is at least marginally positive next week. :)

Posted by 明天会更好 > 2021-02-06 10:05 | Report Abuse

五年高峰是3块钱,最低是75仙,现在是95,观察中

Posted by 明天会更好 > 2021-02-06 10:06 | Report Abuse

是面向长期持有的公司

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-02-07 09:52 | Report Abuse

From my observation, EPF seems to be pumping it above 1 then dump it to 0.9 and repeat

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-02-07 09:52 | Report Abuse

Should be going above 1 before cny

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-07 10:37 | Report Abuse

Hi traintobullland, I hope it does but I like to remain conservative in my views in an overall soft market environment. I'd say the overall market will be up a bit tomorrow but it won't surprise me if the market finishes a bit in the red. That's just the way of the market these days because of the country's current "challenges".

All the best.

Posted by niceprofit > 2021-02-07 16:43 | Report Abuse

Aeon (M) ties up with Boxed for new digital retail ecosystem

Aeon Co (M) Bhd is aiming for its new digital shopping platforms to contribute 15% to 20% of its retail revenue over the next five years, according to chief executive officer Shafie Shamsuddin.

The group that runs Aeon Retail Malaysia has tied up with American grocery e-commerce retailer Boxed to build what Shafie calls a new online retail ecosystem, which is targetted to roll out by the end of the second quarter in 2021.

“We have 16 physical locations in Malaysia, where we can build fulfillment centres, together with Boxed technology. Nobody else has this capability currently in Malaysia, ” said Shafie in an online interview.

Shafie said the new online retail ecosystem will deliver options and personalised solutions to Aeon customers who can choose to visit the malls and get their groceries and goods delivered to them while dining in restaurants, or delivered to their homes or offices.

“Aeon customers will be able to enjoy unique user experiences. Aeon Malaysia is one of the largest mall operators in the country. We have a 10% share of the net leasable area, and as such have a lot of brands and choices offered by over 4,000 tenants. Our tenants will also be offering their products and services via our online platform, using Boxed solutions, ” said Shafie.

He said this year, the group will be working on integrating the Boxed technology with Aeon operations in the Klang Valley, before moving on to other Aeon operations across the country in early 2022.

Shafie said for 2021, the group has a capital expenditure (capex) of RM200mil where the bulk will be for renovations and maintenance for Aeon malls, and 30% will be focused on digital platform and transformation.

Aeon Malaysia is the pilot for Boxed technology outside the United States.
“The Boxed platform can be applicable to Aeon companies globally. Malaysia is one of the countries that has the biggest Aeon presence in Asia, but it is not as big or complex as Japan. After implementing Boxed technology in Malaysia, we plan to roll it out to other Asean countries, ” said Shafie.

Boxed has signed an eight-figure US dollar deal with Aeon Malaysia to utilise its technology to accelerate Aeon’s digital transformation.

The two companies did not disclose the value of the deal, other than to say it would be a multi-year collaboration.
Also present at the online interview was Boxed chief executive officer Chieh Huang who said the partnership with Japan’s Aeon Group was a “good marriage” where the integrated Japanese retailer had the resources and scale, while Boxed provided new technology.

“It has been seven and a half years. We built the business with millions of customers and hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue.
“We built the technology – from the front-end software, inventory management system to the warehouse management system, and even the robotics," said Huang.

Our newest fulfillment centres are 100% automated by our own homegrown robotics, ” said Chieh, adding that there are very few companies in the world that has this kind of vertically integrated technology stack.

In August 2018, Boxed had closed a US$110mil funding round led by Aeon Group. It was reported that the two companies would collaborate on fulfillment logistics, robotics and artificial intelligence (AI)-driven data usage.

“When we first started the partnership, it was really for us to advise Aeon Group on our technology and their digital transformation. So, what we are doing here now has been an evolution of that conversation over the last two years, ” said Chieh.

Chieh explained that Boxed technology provide cost savings to its customers.
“With Boxed technology, the benefits are time saving, cost efficiencies, as well as convenience, and addressing safety concerns in this Covid-19 era. We will also provide business-to-business services to our tenants and SMEs (small and medium enterprises). In the future, we will also provide financing to SMEs through this ecosystem, via the end-to-end solutions provided by Boxed, ” said Shafie.

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-02-07 17:10 | Report Abuse

However it goes, once news hit that vaccine arrived in Malaysia 2 weeks from now, retail sector is one of the recovery sectors investors will be aiming. Good luck to us all in stock market :D

MYinvestor

231 posts

Posted by MYinvestor > 2021-02-08 11:57 | Report Abuse

mother share goes up, and its CW aeon-cz still don't go up, nobody want to buy?

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-08 12:07 | Report Abuse

CZ has a high premium, the risk of losing everything on expiry is very high. If you want to buy warrant clearly C1 is a better option, it is on sales for near 0 premium now thanks to CIMB’s malfunctioning market maker

MYinvestor

231 posts

Posted by MYinvestor > 2021-02-08 13:52 | Report Abuse

yes, it's very high risky. had bought CZ d and still got stuck hahahah, not easy to get out of it. this reminds me of BURSA-C33 tho

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-08 14:39 | Report Abuse

Have you bought C1? CIMB’s market maker finally started to work today, no more mega sales, but mini sales still available

MYinvestor

231 posts

Posted by MYinvestor > 2021-02-08 15:12 | Report Abuse

nope, i didn't buy C1. i just still stuck at CZ, bought at last year

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-02-08 17:27 | Report Abuse

Good closing! Above 1 before CNY yay!

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-08 17:41 | Report Abuse

Thank you Aeon for giving me quite a good CNY angpao

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-08 18:34 | Report Abuse

@MYinvestor Remember not to hold on to an out of the money warrant for too long time, the time decay will press the price towards 0.005. In the semi-bullish scenario that Aeon has an uptrend through 1.15 or so, the price of CZ will likely be staying below 0.02 anyway, just like Bursa-C33 once did.

MYinvestor

231 posts

Posted by MYinvestor > 2021-02-08 18:58 | Report Abuse

@WeiJun thank you for your advice. I appreciate it. This made me scared over it.

Lesson learnt. (y)

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-09 11:07 | Report Abuse

So far it seems to be playing out the way we spoke about over the weekend. The Rm1 "psychological barrier" should get over run, then we may have a bit of a traffic jam between 1.00 and 1.04 for a period.
If 1.04 is broken, then I'd be looking at:

TP1: 1.08
TP2: 1.11
TP3: 1.15.

The 1.15 price point might be wishful thinking and may need the upcoming Quarterly to exceed the previous quarter's profit results. The upcoming Quarterly obviously includes the Christmas sales revenue but I'm guessing that won't add much more to revenue because of Covid.

Just my opinions, let's see how it plays out.

Dongbei

100 posts

Posted by Dongbei > 2021-02-09 11:46 | Report Abuse

Big Time undervalue...once Covid subsides and cinemas and restaurants in Aeon back to business the place will be packed like never before...people are tired of home and takeaways...its all about the experience, online sales no threat to Aeon..

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-09 12:08 | Report Abuse

HI Dongbei, in general terms I agree with your comments. I have no doubt that there is a place in our lives for online shopping but in most cases we like to go out and wander and browse. It's just something that we are programmed to do as humans. I even see it more relevant in Asian societies.
As for your comment about people flocking back and packing out places, well I'm a bit less convinced about that, in the short term anyway. The vaccine is definitely a plus but I'm still not convinced it is the silver bullet to get things promptly back to normal .
The economy will still struggle this year as it will take quite a bit of time to repair the damage we have already suffered before we can be positive and go into spending mode. IMO.

I'd be very cautious on the forward projections you read from various government departments, particularly for this year. Again, just my personal thoughts.

INVEST_AA

502 posts

Posted by INVEST_AA > 2021-02-09 15:02 | Report Abuse

Funds managers starts to collect Aeon already..... preparing for recovery phase once Vaccine starts end of this month ... Better ride the wave before its too late guys... Opportunity is here

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-09 15:32 | Report Abuse

So far all going to plan.

kancil850

292 posts

Posted by kancil850 > 2021-02-09 15:34 | Report Abuse

EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (a substantial shareholder) acquired 555,800 shares on 27-Jan-2021.

Yes EPF also like shopping at AEON!

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-09 15:39 | Report Abuse

Amazing!!! Congratz to all Aeon shareholders, more is coming :)

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-09 16:16 | Report Abuse

Broken through the upper Bollinger Band on solid volume, all very nice so far.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-09 16:54 | Report Abuse

Closed at 1.02, sitting right on the upper Bollinger Band line at 1.02.
Well done Aeon, a good day's work and volume.

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-09 17:04 | Report Abuse

MACD also shows a bullish crossover, looking good

Posted by niceprofit > 2021-02-09 17:15 | Report Abuse

nice..pre covid is 1.3~1.4..still got huge potential...

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-09 17:32 | Report Abuse

According to Ismail Sabri, the entire retail sector is allowed to be operating again starting tomorrow.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-09 19:42 | Report Abuse

WenJun MACD also shows a bullish crossover, looking good
09/02/2021 5:04 PM

Yes, correct, Wen Jun, a positive indicator.
Tonight's news about retail opening up from tomorrow might give Aeon a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the upside.
Personally, I like to see a stock rise nice and steady on solid volume, so I'd be more than happy with just a couple of cents rise tomorrow and some consolidating volume.

Best of luck!!

johoran

368 posts

Posted by johoran > 2021-02-09 22:33 | Report Abuse

target 1.20

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-10 09:48 | Report Abuse

Took profit on previous uptrend support line @ 1.06~1.07, amazing trade!!! Hope to buy back with cheaper price when it backtest some previous resistance

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-02-10 11:26 | Report Abuse

I still see a bit more upside leading to the Quarterly in just over two weeks time. Whether the price can be sustained will depend on the performance of the quarter, IMO.

Looking at the 3 prior Quarterlies:

Jan to March Revenue: Rm 1.190B
April to June Revenue: Rm 954 Mill.
July to August Revenue: Rm 989 Mill.

Clearly the effect of the country's first MCO effected revenue for the April to June quarter.
There was a Rm 35 Mill. increase in revenue in the following quarter.

It requires a Rm 11 Mill. increase in revenue in the upcoming quarterly to go back over the Rm 1B level.

If that can be achieves with a net profit equal of greater than the last quarter, then it could provide support and further gains.

There should be an announcement after the Quarterly to advise if they are retaining their 4 cent dividend.

Plenty to watch out for in a few weeks time.

WenJun

542 posts

Posted by WenJun > 2021-02-10 14:38 | Report Abuse

Yeah it should remain bullish for the near term

Post a Comment
Market Buzz