UOA DEVELOPMENT BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): UOADEV (5200)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (0.51%)

Day's Change

1.98 - 1.99

Trading Volume

17 people like this.

1,439 comment(s). Last comment by DividendGuy67 6 days ago

Hulk

596 posts

Posted by Hulk > 2013-06-14 07:59 | Report Abuse

mati ini kalilah, keep droping since from RM2.75

lwalk

1,144 posts

Posted by lwalk > 2013-06-14 09:32 | Report Abuse

where does it say 12 cents dividend with dividend reinvestment scheme? dont see any announcements on this ?

mickaelp

95 posts

Posted by mickaelp > 2013-06-14 11:58 | Report Abuse

awaiting for Bursa's approval, http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/anpth/914576.jsp

lwalk

1,144 posts

Posted by lwalk > 2013-06-14 12:09 | Report Abuse

got it, thanks mickaelp (Y)

Lucky88

408 posts

Posted by Lucky88 > 2013-06-14 16:59 | Report Abuse

sold at 2.60, when buy back?
RM2.45? RM2.40? RM2.30?

Lucky88

408 posts

Posted by Lucky88 > 2013-06-14 17:00 | Report Abuse

sry... If touch till RM2.30 dun wan liao

Posted by elsonnjh > 2013-06-14 17:05 | Report Abuse

At the end no dividend lah... it sound like "if want u money,please get it from public"

but interesting also

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-17 16:56 | Report Abuse

elsonnjh: You can't say that. This is only the corporate strategy. If you study the annual report well, you will find that this counter is really undervalued. I share you some information: Firstly, the dividend payout is relatively higher as compared to its peers; last year it was 0.10/share, this year the proposed dividend is 0.12/share. Alright, you may question the reinvestment of cash dividend option. Basically, this leads to no significant impact on the ordinary shareholders. Why? because as you refer to the 2011 and 2012 financial statements, you will find that the company typically finances most of its projects through raising fund from equity (or new issuance of shares). At the mean time, all the liquidity ratios rise and leverage ratios are quite low as the company cuts down the amount of short-term debts. The reason is that the company would like to extend more liquidity from both loans and also the shareholders so that the company could have abundant cash liquidity to further proceed with development projects. If you are careful about the company's news, you will notice there are development projects in Klang Valley which amount to 3.5 billion to be launched in this year. 2.0 billion of which has already been launched and hot sales were resulted. This is verifeid by the unbilled sales of 929 million recorded in the 1st quarterly finance report. Can you imagine, it is already atmost 50% of the gross development value of the project backed by property buyers' subscription. Plus, most of the property developments are centered at Kalng valley. Do you think the development will be a waste or ultimately becomes a ghost town? Unless one day Lynas is shifted to Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, in term of profitability, this counter is worth buying now. Secondly, if we do a future cash flow projection, you will get a fair value of at least 3.00. (Of course, I won't diclose the calculation hare as it is confidential). But, I can give you a hint, you use a P/E ratio times the expected earning per shares then it will be the rough figure of the fair price.

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-17 16:59 | Report Abuse

I expect tomorrow FOMC will keep up with QEs until the unemployment rate recovers to 6.5% as compared to current 7.4%. Moreover, the dividend annoucement will be made a few days later.(Go and trace the historical dividend paid). You will know what will happen on this counter next.

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-17 17:02 | Report Abuse

Furthermore, the company gives high dividend which shows it is investor-friendly. The current proposed dividend (0.12) has already exceeded the expected dividend growth which is about 7.76% growth (Please justfy by using simple financial calculation) from last year dividend 0.10. What does it signal? I don't think this sounds bad to investors.

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-17 17:04 | Report Abuse

Some may argue that the last year earnings is disappointing as it shrank by about 21.70%. If you have a sharp eye, you will detect this is due to the negative fair value of adjustment on investment properties, but not the business sales. Bear in mind that business sale is the root source of revenue and hence earnings. It does not matter the overall earning performance of the company.

plutus

24 posts

Posted by plutus > 2013-06-17 17:15 | Report Abuse

@SJSOON, totally agree with you, it is undervalued. Profit margin twice that of other big players, low P/E (<10) for a 3 billion market cap company, DY is good compared to peer, <1.5 P/B. even with share issuance, as long as they boost income (which they did), per share data will still be beautiful..
However, analyst target price is quite low, as if they expect UOADEV to have low P/E forever.. perhaps UOADEV does not involved directly in Iskandar Johor thus missing the "Iskandar factor"? what do you think?

as for Iskandar,i doubt it will replace Klang valley for its financial, industrial, residential center of country..so Klang valley will continue to pull ppl in, so i see no worng in their strategy.

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-17 18:11 | Report Abuse

Yes, you can say that again. Currently the market focus on "Iskandar-themed" counters. Therefore, it is not surprising that UEMLAND, TROP, TEBRAU etc surged by beyond 10% after the general election. Other property counters are still lagging behind the formers. You have raised a good concern whether Iskandar will take over Klang valley as the business and industrial hub in Malaysia. In my opinion, Klang Valley still plays its crucial role to be the main financial and political centre (Including Putrajaya) centre due to its capital status.On the other hand, Iskandar will be emerged as another business regions that focuses on FDI, expecially Singaporean institutions. Both regions have their strengths. When the government announces the establishment of Iskandar region, the first idea flush throug my mind was it mimicked the Chinese goverment's way of setting up specail economic zone. Anologously, Malaysia looks like the mainland China and Singapore is akin to Hong Kong. Iskandar region is just like the Shenzhen. Both places have deep economic and social ties. Definitely, the land scarcity and population aging in Singapore will provide a good opportunity to Iskandar project. One day, Iskandar will become some where like Shanghai and then Kuala Lumpur will be like Beijing in contrast. However, I see no reason that this will cause any conflict to both regions. I think the government will still pay more concern on Kuala Lumpur regions owing to the sole reason "national capital" status. Plus, Kuala Lumpur has been the centre for all types of activities since the independence. It is pretty hard for all the financial institutions, political agencies and residents to move from Kuala Lumpur to Iskandar. Just ask yourself a simple question, if you now stay in Kuala Lumpur and so do other expats and professionalsm, would you plan to move to Iskandar maybe 5 to 10 years later when the project is done. I guess you will probably not. Not only you do not have this kind of mindset, I believe so do people. In economic sense, once a place has been first developed to be the national key economic region by historical occasion or contigency, then it will still be the key region preferable to most commercial institutions due to its infrstructural convenience (Port Klang, KLIA), source of fund(the most wealthy satys in Klang Valley),pool of professional labour, the location of central government(I think you can still find out more convincing reasons). Development economists call it "economies of scale". Because of all these benefits, Iskandar is still quite hard to surpass Kuala Lumpur. Iskandar is a planned economic region which starts from scratch. Within 10 years, if you were a foreign investor, would you favour Kuala Lumpur or Iskandar. I am sure you have already has the answer. In addition, Malaysia is a federal state although the state government does not possess much more political autonomy that it should have had politically. Kuala Lumpur is reigned by the Central government. Conversely, Iskandar is proposed by the cnetral government but executed and governed by Johore State government. As we know, typically the tax revenue is the source of government's income. If Kuala Lumpur loses its attractiveness to be the business, cultural, transport and political centre, this will certainly lead to negative impact on the icnome source of central goverment. Do you think the central government will be stupid enough to benefit the Johore State government and the SXXXXX (guess yourself). Definitely not. There is so much uncertainty ahead in Iskandar. You shouldn't worry the future of Klang Velley. Even if Iskandar can make a success, Klang Valley still dominates other places to be the most favorable place for FDI and commercial institutions for investment and operation. With such, population will grow and hence the property growth propect remains positive.

plutus

24 posts

Posted by plutus > 2013-06-17 19:18 | Report Abuse

@SJSOON, good points, I second that. speaking of which, TEBRAU current P/E is 87.5 backed by 1.77 EPS, that is quite staggering really, thanks to Iskandar hype.

tsejuie

100 posts

Posted by tsejuie > 2013-06-17 22:00 | Report Abuse

@plutus, yes, it is exactly as you said, "Iskandar hype". At the moment, that is all there is to it. If there is a real estate bubble anywhere in Malaysia now, I think it is in Iskandar. I could be wrong, but I guess we will know in about 10 years time when the tens of thousands of condo units being sold now are looking for buyers at 20-30% the current asking price.

Most of those who are buying to stay are Singaporeans looking to retire here. Yet to be seen how the living environment there is going to be. If the HSR takes off, living in KL and travelling to Singapore will not be much longer than travelling from Iskandar to Singapore. As SJSOON says, the capital will always be the preferred place to be.

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-18 00:20 | Report Abuse

@tsejuie, Basically, I think Iskandar could still be a successful development project with positive growth prospect. Hearing from my Singaporean lecturers,class mates and talents during the networking session, they are looking forward to relocation of manufacturing plants (primarily Singaporean firms) in Iskandar due to abundant land resources availability and low cost of production. Maybe a few years later, you may see some of the famous foreign manufacturers will shift their regional distributors from Singapore to Iskandar given that the security improves, such as Coca-cola, Tiger etc.So far, there are some Singaporean parents send their children to attend colleges (new castle medical school and other international schools) in Iskandar. Prominent and reputable international corporations intend to carry out a variety of investment projects over there. Intuitively, I think Iskandar will be a copy of Shenzhen which emerges as a key economic zone. Therefore, property bubble may not occur. If you have ever been in Iskandar, you can find out that most of the residential properties and industrial factories are almost sold out. While the building of factories and business plants are in progress, it takes time for more and more people to reside in Iskandar. Anyway, my key point is that property stock will be the market's main focus for the next two to three years from now on due to the Barisan's development-oriented policy.

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-18 00:30 | Report Abuse

Last but not least, remember there are only two Najib's core development plans under his 5-year administration: Great Kuala Lumpur Programme and Iskandar. If we simply compare which one the Central Government pays much more concern, definitely I would say the former. We you see the national budget allocation 2013, you will figure it out.

lwalk

1,144 posts

Posted by lwalk > 2013-06-18 10:32 | Report Abuse

good points sjsoon

Abudance

2,211 posts

Posted by Abudance > 2013-06-18 10:41 | Report Abuse

My two sens worth..... It's not an Iskandar hype folks. Google Singapore as up and coming financial hub, you will note it will be taking the lead sooner or later. Factories built there are nearer to transport to Indonesia, Singapore and the world. Shipping unfortunately is more efficient and less costly than Malaysia!

plutus

24 posts

Posted by plutus > 2013-06-18 18:32 | Report Abuse

Opps, I meant to say, TEBRAU is a hype cuz of Iskandar.. I mean I will really be blown away if the company can suddenly earn so fast so much that could justify P/E of 87 (thats 1.15% earning yield man)...
Good point @SJSOON and @Abundance, my friends work in industrial construction company mainly around Iskandar, like @SJSOON said, all is sold out there especially industrial..

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-18 22:40 | Report Abuse

As many are chasing for Iskandar-themed counters, why do peole neglect greater Kuala Lumpur development Project as emphasized in the Tenth Malaysia Plan,2010?I think Klang Valley will benefit the most once the High Speed Rail project is carried out. Detailed study will show.

Lucky88

408 posts

Posted by Lucky88 > 2013-06-18 23:03 | Report Abuse

SJSOON : Your post, I @.@

This counter in short good? I has been keept buying only O_o

Hulk

596 posts

Posted by Hulk > 2013-06-20 14:29 | Report Abuse

mati ini kalilah....keep droping from 2.75 >>> 2.43.. T_T

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-20 17:02 | Report Abuse

@Hulk. Sabar sabar, lepastu akan terbang tinggi semula. Usah risau.

lwalk

1,144 posts

Posted by lwalk > 2013-06-20 17:09 | Report Abuse

unusual activity at 4'ish. up 9 sen, then came back down slightly again. should be a signal for something positiveeeeee tmrw.

PennState

19 posts

Posted by PennState > 2013-06-21 11:42 | Report Abuse

today going down even further....

Olicke

72 posts

Posted by Olicke > 2013-06-24 10:42 | Report Abuse

Now at 2.35...what happen?

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-24 11:15 | Report Abuse

No worries. It is mainly because of some frenzy investors who are risk averse dump their shares at the moment when they saw the EPF disposed shares last Friday. Plus, some may perceive that the capital flight as a result of the end of QE will lead to negative impact to Malaysian property market. Therefore, dumping of shares is inevitable when several negative news come in at the same time. However, the stock price will vary but it depends on price level at which you are comfortable to buy in. Must always ask yourself, is the current downtrend due to changes of company's fundamental, such as growth prospect, profitability etc? If not, there is no reason for me to dump shares at substantially undervalued level.

sudahkena

1,804 posts

Posted by sudahkena > 2013-06-24 11:19 | Report Abuse

mau gugur jantung......all portfolio lost........

hng33

19,867 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2013-06-24 12:48 | Report Abuse

Today is second days courting to determine average total 5 day volume weight share price for dividend reinvest share option. Fund manager will likely bashed down share price in order to get cheaper option price later.

hng33

19,867 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2013-06-24 12:50 | Report Abuse

UOAdev is only few big cap stock that trading in net cash position. Based on latest financial result, UOAdev have net cash per share of 65sen/share.

Hulk

596 posts

Posted by Hulk > 2013-06-24 13:36 | Report Abuse

I buy with my last drop of money at 2.28...

lwalk

1,144 posts

Posted by lwalk > 2013-06-24 13:40 | Report Abuse

zzzzzzz...what a huge drop.

Olicke

72 posts

Posted by Olicke > 2013-06-24 14:58 | Report Abuse

2.16...heart attack...

Hulk

596 posts

Posted by Hulk > 2013-06-24 15:20 | Report Abuse

2.16.....T_T

sudahkena

1,804 posts

Posted by sudahkena > 2013-06-24 21:15 | Report Abuse

rilek brader...rilek brader....jgn brader.....

Hulk

596 posts

Posted by Hulk > 2013-06-25 07:36 | Report Abuse

jangan main lagi.... naik hari ini...

PennState

19 posts

Posted by PennState > 2013-06-25 10:54 | Report Abuse

adoi, menyesal x jual time 2.70 hari tu.skrng turun daaaa =( =(

sudahkena

1,804 posts

Posted by sudahkena > 2013-06-25 12:09 | Report Abuse

2.15.....apa sebab?

hobson64

653 posts

Posted by hobson64 > 2013-06-25 12:11 | Report Abuse

This fella show going to fall till 1.50....because this fella does a lot DIBS projects

sudahkena

1,804 posts

Posted by sudahkena > 2013-06-25 12:12 | Report Abuse

dibs projek?

hobson64

653 posts

Posted by hobson64 > 2013-06-25 12:14 | Report Abuse

Once Bank Negara restricts DIBS, property developers like UOA, Malton, GOB and a few more will slow down....because they always bank on DIBS for sales. TROP is one of them also...

sudahkena

1,804 posts

Posted by sudahkena > 2013-06-25 12:18 | Report Abuse

price is very cheap now.....mau jatuh lg?

hobson64

653 posts

Posted by hobson64 > 2013-06-25 12:22 | Report Abuse

from 1.50 (3 years ago), to the big funds, still can take profit

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-25 13:09 | Report Abuse

Uncertainty of Revision of DIBS + China "Cash" Crunch + Possible Withdrawal of QE and hence capital flight: Not a good time to buy stock now although the company has a good fundamental. I expect major correction will follow after 2:30 pm. Probably, by the end of Friday, the stock price will no surprise reach its pre-election level. Take care, man.

sudahkena

1,804 posts

Posted by sudahkena > 2013-06-25 14:05 | Report Abuse

all the property down....aiyooooo.......

hng33

19,867 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2013-06-25 14:17 | Report Abuse

UOAdev should continue rebounding soon. By these week, UOAdev will declare final dividend of 12sen TE, yield at 5.5% nett

haikeyila

1,063 posts

Posted by haikeyila > 2013-06-25 15:27 | Report Abuse

where is the rebound??

sudahkena

1,804 posts

Posted by sudahkena > 2013-06-25 16:10 | Report Abuse

jatuh 55sen......div 12sen.....berape yg boleh mendaki?.........

SJSOON

2,567 posts

Posted by SJSOON > 2013-06-25 16:11 | Report Abuse

By right, it should rebound but the market does not allow.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz