PERAK TRANSIT BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): PTRANS (0186)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.05 (3.85%)

Day's Change

1.29 - 1.40

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

11,382 comment(s). Last comment by TreeTopView 8 hours ago

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

@vic3ai, the webinar was mainly a report on how this quarter compared to the previous quarter and year on year growth figures. There is a six minute video on youtube which is a short summary of the webinar results presentation.
Nothing new in it if you have already been following the company's growth and development this year.

Cheers.

Posted by berbolabiru > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

woooww.. busstop xde org pon profit.. wkwkwkw

Posted by berbolabiru > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

hantu IPTT buzines

Posted by yewnamhung > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

coming.... TP ?

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

yewnamhung,

I did a technical analysis about two weeks ago. If you are interested then scroll back in this thread.

Cheers.

bowls

131 posts

Posted by bowls > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

@yewnamhung, regarding TP, you have to ask Dato Ong, none of us knows for sure except him, the more he goreng, the higher the TP is.

Hwai Hooi

2,166 posts

Posted by Hwai Hooi > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

just begin still long journey to go

Jerung

28 posts

Posted by Jerung > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Hope can break 1.3 this week :)

Hwai Hooi

2,166 posts

Posted by Hwai Hooi > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

bus jalan ~

fruitcake

567 posts

Posted by fruitcake > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

don't think so. T3 vol rolls but still intact

Jerung

28 posts

Posted by Jerung > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

come on pass 1.3 jiayou

Hwai Hooi

2,166 posts

Posted by Hwai Hooi > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

bus slowly jalan~

fruitcake

567 posts

Posted by fruitcake > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

p terang terang bagus

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

hmmmmm, interesting.

MASTER FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT BETWEEN PTRANS RESOURCES SDN BHD AND ON SITE SERVICES SDN BHD

The Board of Directors of Perak Transit Berhad (“PTRANS” or the “Company”) wishes to announce that PTRANS Resources Sdn Bhd (“PTRANS Resources”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, has on 7 December 2022 entered into a Master Framework Agreement (“Agreement”) with On Site Services Sdn Bhd [Registration No. 201701046243 (1260419-D)] (“On Site Services”), a 79% subsidiary of edotco Malaysia Sdn Bhd, to provide the services and solutions to deliver the Project, as further defined hereinafter, for On Site Services.

On Site Services is desirous of procuring a standardised design and common pricing for the supply, construction and commissioning for build-to-suit sites, colocation upgrades, managed service sites and other related work for its operations in Malaysia (“Project”).

The Agreement was entered into pursuant to the proposed solution and approach by PTRANS Resources in addressing the requirements of On Site Services for the Project. Pursuant to the Agreement, PTRANS Resources undertakes to provide the scope of works as specified in the Responsibility Matrix, Scope of Work & Technical Specifications, Design Optimisation as stipulated in the Agreement in respect of each order made or commissioned by On Site Services (via a Purchase Order issued by On Site Services) together with all accompanying warranty, maintenance, support and services based on the terms and conditions of the Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, all orders will only be triggered upon issuance of Purchase Order by On Site Services, at its sole discretion, pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Agreement.

The entry into the Agreement by PTRANS Resources allows PTRANS to provide construction and engineering services to On Site Services for the construction of telecommunication towers. This is in line with PTRANS’ strategy to pursue new business opportunities to increase the Group’s revenue stream and enhance the Group’s profitability. The Agreement also allows the Group to diversify its earning base and reduce dependency on existing businesses.

The Agreement is not subject to the approval of the shareholders of PTRANS.

None of the directors, major shareholders of PTRANS and/or persons connected to them has any interest, direct or indirect, in the Agreement.

The Directors of PTRANS are of the opinion that the entry into the Agreement is in the best interest of the Company and of the Group.

This announcement is dated 7 December 2022.

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

Not too sure I like it that much, Tree… given the current situation. We’ll see

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

Current situation, Tony?

Jerung

28 posts

Posted by Jerung > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

@tree should b good for Ptrans another stream of revenue in

Posted by YeosCincau > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

5G tower

Jerung

28 posts

5G x Opcom ? :)

Hwai Hooi

2,166 posts

Posted by Hwai Hooi > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

1.3 touch again....

Jerung

28 posts

hope can break new high

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Tree, I’m just not sure what our newly minted PM will be doing. He’s definitely reviewing a whole bunch of things. Edotco is Axiata. Digi and Celcom have married…

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

I read a Yahoo Finance article not that long ago about the telecommunication tower industry here in Malaysia. It’s almost exclusively government-backed and controlled…

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

Obviously we would like to see the agreement but, well, there you go…

I’m super curious why the company chose this diversification path instead of expanding on their core business…. perhaps they know they’re very unlikely to penetrate other states when it comes to bus terminals with retail recurring income. Why not look further into what they’re really doing (real estate with recurring rental income by acquiring yield accretive industrial assets)? Just thinking….

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Hi Tony, I spent a bit of time this morning delving into what possibilities the recent announcement can perhaps offer.
Without knowing what's in the Agreement we can only speculate, however a few things caught my attention.

From the announcement......"On Site Services is desirous of procuring a standardised design and common pricing for the supply, construction and commissioning for build-to-suit sites, colocation upgrades, managed service sites and other related work for its operations in Malaysia (“Project”)."

Also......"to provide the scope of works as specified in the Responsibility Matrix, Scope of Work & Technical Specifications, Design Optimisation as stipulated in the Agreement in respect of each order made or commissioned by On Site Services (via a Purchase Order issued by On Site Services) together with all accompanying warranty, maintenance, support and services based on the terms and conditions of the Agreement."

So can we assume from those two extracts from the announcement that edotco no longer want to build the towers and that the work goes to another company (PTrans) to build and maintain the sites, although the towers would still be owned by edotco. If that is the case, then it opens up an opportunity for a fairly substantial business moving forward.

When you look at the current number of towers/sites they own and the amount they want to establish over the upcoming years it is very substantial indeed.

I'd suggest reading their Malaysian website to see the significance of the numbers they are looking at installing.
https://edotcogroup.com/malaysia

"With a portfolio of over 19,000 towers and managed sites, we have developed our built-to-suit and co-location offerings to enable telecommunications providers to efficiently meet their growing infrastructure requirements."

Of course, the devil is in the detail, so hopefully the company will give out more information as this is being established.

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

Tree, edotco/Axiata has about 50% of the telecom towers. Wait lemme go thru my browsing history for that Yahoo article…

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Tony, you asked........"I’m super curious why the company chose this diversification path instead of expanding on their core business".

The company states at the end of yesterday's announcement......."The entry into the Agreement by PTRANS Resources allows PTRANS to provide construction and engineering services to On Site Services for the construction of telecommunication towers. This is in line with PTRANS’ strategy to pursue new business opportunities to increase the Group’s revenue stream and enhance the Group’s profitability. The Agreement also allows the Group to diversify its earning base and reduce dependency on existing businesses".

Also, it was mentioned in a Q&A earlier this year by PTrans that once Bidor is completed, the final Terminal Project will be started at Tronoh. They stated that they would be concentrating more on upgrading and managing existing bus terminals that are owned by local authorities as part of their longer term business plans.

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Thanks for that, Tony.

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

We’ll see what new ideas Eddie implanted into Cheong (and vice versa, obviously) and the discussions between the two. Both are Perak fellas. It’s very obvious to me that this started quite awhile back, way back before the PP; they’d been talking and we can ignore the Edge article that Cheong basically said he knows Eddie but divulge nothing else. Clear sign to me both have had coffee way more than once

Someone here posted about the possible connection between Opcom/Eddie and PTrans based on earlier announcement… low profile stock thread here without the usual nonsensical ones with huge volumes with no reason… it should be just one page back I think

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Yeah, it could be an interesting time for PTrans over the mid to longer term.

Keep doing what they are doing and making good profit with other possibilities along the way.
I suspect it wont be dull and boring :)

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

What we want is a company with growth potential in terms of profits without negatively affecting fundamentals

If you look at Texchem, you’ll see they achieved the same thing as Ptrans : record breaking profits

But Texchem share price plunged after their last quarterly. I know why. I explained it in a Telegram groupchat

I don’t want the same thing happening to Ptrans

But the bosses ain’t no short term. Bosses are rich and patient. Retailers like us ain’t both

Jerung

28 posts

Posted by Jerung > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Yeah breach rm1.3 this week hope can maintain :)

Hwai Hooi

2,166 posts

Posted by Hwai Hooi > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

yes as u wish broken 1.3

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Good morning, Jerung.

The technicals are still intact. If you recall, I did a technical analysis 4 weeks ago and it appears to be playing out. Here's an extract from that post.........

"Scenario 1: TP1 1.22, followed by TP2 1.34.
Scenario 2: TP1 1.23 followed by TP 1.30.
Scenario 3: TP1 1.24, followed by TP 1.32.

Summarised at TP1 between 1.22 and 1.24.
TP2 between 1.30 and 1.34.

For any of this to happen, we'd need to see a break of 1.13 and 1.16.......with support holding at 1.05."

So, the 1.05 support held, although very briefly touched 1.03 intraday on the same day. No big deal there are most stocks overshoot the runway when going up or down. I backed my 1.05 call and topped up with some at 1.05, although it did drop to 1.03 that day.

On the upside, the 1.22 to 1.24 area was hit, then eventually broke to the upside.

Now we are currently in TP2 area, 1.30 to 1.34. So obviously it needs to break 1.34 to move upwards.

If it does that, then the next price point would be around 1.38-1.39.

Cheers.

Jerung

28 posts

Posted by Jerung > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Thanks @Tree for Ur deep research and all contributions in this gp, Blessed Weekend

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Thanks, Jerung........same to you.

fruitcake

567 posts

Posted by fruitcake > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

bullish indicators

Hwai Hooi

2,166 posts

1.34 touch

Hwai Hooi

2,166 posts

lost control

bowls

131 posts

Posted by bowls > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

@TreeTopView, appreciate your insights!

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 23 hours ago | Report Abuse

Boss busy taking care of family. Good day for a Friday

jinvest13

216 posts

Posted by jinvest13 > 22 hours ago | Report Abuse

Ya, Thanks to Anthonytkh and Tree top view too. Contributed lots of valuable information and keep it up. Great job.

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 21 hours ago | Report Abuse

Eddie the Eagle flies in again.

DATO' ONG CHOO MENG (a substantial shareholder) acquired 775,000 shares on 08-Dec-2022.

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 21 hours ago | Report Abuse

A nice day today, although someone was a bit too enthusiastic in the morning session.

I missed most of the afternoon session due to "Pants off, Friday". No, it's not what you are thinking, it's more to do with friends, food and drinkies for a long lunch after a hard week's work :)

I might post more tomorrow on my thoughts about today......just a bit too weary right now............yes, the effects of a "Pants off, Friday".

I highly recommend it :)

anthonytkh

1,688 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 20 hours ago | Report Abuse

Don’t post more tmrw, Tree ;)

TreeTopView

1,212 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 8 hours ago | Report Abuse

ok

Post a Comment
Market Buzz