Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 12:16 | Report Abuse

Dr. Marc Faber has bought 10 Year US Treasury Bond For Safety. If Someone Has Cashed Out of The Dow Jones Before October 29th 1929 and put his money into a Bond Fund he would have escaped the Great Depression & preserved his capital. If we stay invested in Shares during a Market Crash we should invest in the safety of bond. However, if we are only interested in Shares and not bond (due to its unexciting nature) then we Must Seek Out Those Shares That Can Withstand A Market Crash. What are they?: 1) A Toll Road (Not recommending SILK as price has Surged Already.) 2) Water Utility (PBA. Drinking water, bathing & washing clothes.) 3) Basic Food 4) Basic Clothes. 5) Basic Dwelling (Low cost houses.) 6) Pawn Shop & Ah Long (RCECAP is LEGALISED Ah Long) 7) Funeral related business. 8) Basic Health Care. 9) Education. 10) Repair & recycle companies. 11) Other Anti Recession Companies.

1 person likes this.

21 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2014-02-22 20:13

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 12:40 |

Post removed.Why?

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2014-01-26 12:47 | Report Abuse

personally, i thanked that event :D :D :D

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2014-01-26 12:56 | Report Abuse

no one likes to see market dive, but remember should event like that happened, bs-counter like pmcorp, silk etc can only be worse. yr $ yr choice!

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 13:04 |

Post removed.Why?

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2014-01-26 13:09 | Report Abuse

in short, those "good" assets of silk is not only yesterday, however, this co. made loss 3 out of 5 past years. general speaking, any co. that cannot make reasonable (industry) $ over the past 5 years; which most co. does; is a hard evidence of "lobang besar" mgmt.

of cos, should it made u good $ it doesn't matter... HOWEVER, do remember lesson learnt from sumatec, sersol etc. yr $ yr choice!

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2014-01-26 13:12 | Report Abuse

about tnb, the point is not whether tnb share price will go down with the market or not (all stocks does, incl pmcock). best is load a tnb chart from 1997 to 2013, the answer is right infront of u.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 13:30 | Report Abuse

A benign recession maybe. But We Are Preparing For a 1930 Style Depression.
Those were the scenes:

1) The Overproduction of Many Things Led To Glut.
2) The Artificially Inflated Stock Price by Syndicate
3) The Artificially Inflated Commodity Prices by Cartel
4) The Use of Leverage In Buying Shares. 10% down 90% margin

The subsequent forced selling of securities ushered in 10 years of Hard Times

1) Many Factories Closed Shop.
2) 3 Million Apple Sales Man at street corners. Just above begging status.
3) Hundreds of thousands tenants evicted because cannot pay rent.
4) Long lines at the bank (take whatever money due the Bank failures.)
5) Long lines at "Soup kitchens" No jobs. IN USA today Govt give food stamp)
6) Many do "hobo" just on train for free ride looking everywhere for jobs
7) Some carry "Card Boards" with words like "WILL WORK FOR FOOD ONLY"

Tell me now if you were in the 1930s USA

Where got foreign workers? Not enough jobs even for M'sian then (Today 40% of Spain's Uni graduates & youth are jobless.)

Can't even afford to buy food then. Aircond? Forget it.

One young boy was given 5 cents to buy a loaf of bread. On the way home he was way laid & robbed of his bread! So the next time he had to run for it to eat some bread.

Of course people will call me a pessimist! I am not! I am a realist.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 13:47 | Report Abuse

Hopefully not. I don't wish that to happen lah. Anyway, prepare for the worst but hope for the best!

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 14:05 | Report Abuse

Yes. If I see a pot hole on the highway of life I want to warn some speeding bike, car or lorry from falling into it.

I want to return a favour done in 1997 when Alfred Ong of AMSecurities from AM BANK Raja Chulan Warned Me. I SOLD OFF ALL SHARES JUST BEFORE THE ONSET OF THE ASIAN FINANCIAL CRISIS'

Also when George Soros mentioned the Impending Bursting of US Housing Bubble 3 year ahead of time in Year 2004. Exactly as he forecasted in Year 2004 that within few more years - 2007/8 that US Will Implode. I AGAIN SOLD OFF ALL SECURITIES Except OPCOM & UMW Shares.

Now George Soros think the Credit Crisis in China won't last for very long before problem surface.

It was the Roaring Twenties of The Go Go Years That Ushered in the 10 Year Long Great Depression of the 1930s in USA.

Got to go for afternoon siesta. Bye for now.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 18:55 | Report Abuse

Over a short period the share market is a voting machine. But over a longer period the Stock Market turns into a Weighing Machine.

For one the price is bidded up or down by the consensus of Mr. Market. Mr. Market consists of Research Houses, Nan Yang Siang Pau, Edge Daily or Focus Mag & all others in the Market.

For the latter the performance is determined by its Actual Performance - Future profit or loss determine its Real Value.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-01-26 19:02 | Report Abuse

good to see u post here Calvin Tan :-)

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 19:14 | Report Abuse

Ha! Ha!

Thank you AyamTua.

Hexza & Ntpm are under category no. 8 - Basic health care. I once owned hexza . For ntpm it should do well because 28 million tourists will definitely use more tissue papers in Visit Malaysia Year 2014

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-01-26 19:28 | Report Abuse

28 million tourist will buy crispy, eat tudor gold (pmcorp) from metrojaya (muiind) then use (ntpm) toilet paper with a little bit of kaoliang wine (hexza) and brush their teeth by garling listerine (ethanol based from hexza) hahaha

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-26 23:11 | Report Abuse

There is a saying,

"It is only when the tide finally goes out that we discover who is swimming naked."

In Other Words,

"It takes A Financing Crisis To Reveal The Character of Securities We Have Bought In Happier Times."

Will it stand the test?

Only Time Will Tell As The Approaching Storm Arrives!

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-27 09:03 | Report Abuse

Just as a leopard cannot change its spot the gambler will itch to gamble on. And the value investor continue in his value investing approach.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-27 22:30 | Report Abuse

For All Value Shares With Strong Fundamental. Buy And Average Down!

For All Speculative Counters Get Out On Rebound & Stay Away!

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-28 18:47 | Report Abuse

As Expected. When Market Rebound - Get Out From All High Flying Shares of Year 2013 & for Year 2014 go into Laggards with High NTA & Good Dividend Shares That Haven't Move Yet. As least they won't fall so much.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-30 16:45 | Report Abuse

Today's Trading Pattern 30th January 2014

1) Foreign Funds Keep Selling KLSE Blue Chips
2) Amanah Saham Bumi buying many types of REITS. REITS Have a BOND NATURE.
3) Speculative Counters Continue To Weaken Due To Insider Sell Down

Example a) Green Packet
b) RA
c) IRIS
d) Others.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-02 09:29 | Report Abuse

MARC FABER Has Bought 10 Year Us Treasury Bond Because He Thinks That The Dow Jones Might Crash or Correct at least 20%.

He Also Bought Sing Dollars & The Malaysian Ringgit.

So He Foresees That The Malaysian Ringgit As Undervalued.

With The Double Whammy Of

1) FOREIGN FUND REDEMPTION SELL DOWN OF EM SECURITIES LIQUIDITY HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN BY ABOUT RM35 BILLIONS.

2) INFLATIONARY PRESSURES SQUEEZING CONSUMERS IN MALAYSIA BY PETROL PRICE RISE, TOLL RISE, ELECTRICITY RATES UP, ASSESSMENTS INCREASE & GST AT 6%.

EQUITIES & ASSETS WILL NO LONGER INFLATE BUT WILL DEFLATE INSTEAD. AND IN SOME OVERLEVERAGED SECTORS / OVER INFLATED TERRITORIES MIGHT EVEN COLLAPSE.

THIS IS INDEED A PERILOUS PERIOD TO PUNT OR SPECULATE IN SHARES WITHOUT FUNDAMENTAL.

IT IS INDEED A TIME FOR EXTREME CAUTION. A FLIGHT TO THE SAFETY OF CASH, CASH GENERATING REITS, DEFENSIVE STOCKS WILL BE THE MOST SENSIBLE THING TO DO.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-08 20:58 | Report Abuse

Mark Mobius The Emerging Market Guru has indicted that the Downside to The Ongoing Emerging Market Sell Down By Foreign Fund is not over yet.

And Marc Faber is expecting the Dow Jones to correct 20% to 40% this year.

Both are experts in their own right. Since both are authorities on Asian Markets This Warning Call May Well Be Accurate. Although it remain to be seen as Year 2014 unfold.

calvintaneng

55,077 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-22 20:13 | Report Abuse

There are two classes of paper investments - Shares & Bonds

What is the Difference?

1) In Boom Times - Buy Shares & in time of Deflation buy bonds

2) For Shares We are Investing In Businesses and In Bonds we are lending to Businesses.

3) The former is active investment while the latter is passive.

4) If we borrow money to do Business we take on Risks. And if we lend money to others to do Business we let others take on risk. Of course if the money we lent out is irrecoverable we are also at risk. So lend to the Safest - the Soundest like Public Bank

Post a Comment
Market Buzz