Posted by soojinhou > 2016-05-08 12:25 | Report Abuse

I refer to the recent uproar from the late disclosure by Mr. Koon Yew Yin on his ceasing to be a substantial shareholder of V.S. Industry Berhad (stock code: 6963). This story is covered in The Star newspaper on 7th May 2016 titled "Koon in the spotlight over untimely disclosures" which can be found here: http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/05/07/koon-in-the-spotlight-over-untimely-disclosures/ I wish to alert the regulators that Mr. Koon Yew Yin has also failed to disclose his becoming a substantial shareholder of Focus Lumber Berhad (stock code: 5197). According to the 2015 Annual Report, Mr Koon Yew Yin and wife Ms Tan Kit Pheng hold a total of 10.04% of shares, way above the 5% threshold requiring disclosure of interest. Mr Koon Yew Yin holds 6.72% while Ms Tan Kit Pheng holds 3.32%. Their names did not appear in the 2014 Annual Report and that should imply that their significant stake is acquired during the later financial year. Mr Koon Yew Yin gets around disclosure rules by dividing their shareholding into multiple accounts. A total of 9 accounts are used, 6 for Mr Koon Yew Yin and 3 for Ms Tan Kit Pheng. None of the accounts exceed the 5% threshold. My question to Bursa is: 1) Is it legal to circumvent disclosure rules by smurfing a substantial stake into multiple accounts? 2) Is it legal to circumvent disclosure rules by smurfing a substantial stake through other persons acting in concert? If it is illegal to do so, I hope that the regulators take action against those breaking disclosure rules to preserve the integrity of the market. To encourage retail participation, Bursa must be free and fair. Information asymmetry will only serve to reinforce the perception of unfairness. Thank you.

2 people like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by Sales 2016-10-13 13:04

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-05-08 12:34 | Report Abuse

Confirmed.he is now no 1 public enemy in i3.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-05-08 12:35 | Report Abuse

If u think n treat everybody else as idiots then most likely u are the biggest idiot....

Posted by _OptimusPrime_ > 2016-05-08 12:39 | Report Abuse

murali was shouting to OTB to ask his subscribers buy Gamuda-warrant at 30c, +25c conversion. but OTB ignore it. and asked ppls don't buy Gamuda-w becos 4.80 is huge resistance, according to him. he ask ppls to sell Gamuda-w. but when Gamuda-w went up to 1.16, OTB ask everyone to sell everything and buy Gamuda-w.

and OTB refuse to give credit to murali. saying he will analyse the stock himself before he recommend bla bla.

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-05-08 12:39 | Report Abuse

Good job! Bursa won't care much if no complaint is logged. There are too many companies for them to monitor. It's time to expose more hidden unscrupulous dealings.

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-05-08 15:57 |

Post removed.Why?

Sales

3,194 posts

Posted by Sales > 2016-10-13 13:04 | Report Abuse

I hope i3 forum can share good info, so that everyone can make money. Don't give advice which the counter have gone up.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz