2 people like this.

4 comment(s). Last comment by jm3525 2015-05-28 21:09

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2015-05-28 10:01 | Report Abuse

Do you still enjoy your profession? Or do you eventually tire out from facing your computer everyday?
~ yup, i'm still enjoying it .. no need to face customers and no need to give face to boss, because i am the customer and boss.
Is it a stressful profession?
~ nope, not at all ... for me, i mean.
I think that most full-time traders are risk-takers. But, is there any who are risk-averse? (Note: This question would determine if a person fits to be in this profession)
~ as a full time trades .. i am absolutely risk-ADVERSE. If i lose all my money, i am dead. So, i always very very prudent in my trade. I only trade stock that has very very high probability to make profit either thru share price up, high dividend, or even take-over prospect.
From question 3, from the risks you take daily, have you ever experience financial difficulties at some point in time? If so, how did you overcome them?
~ nope, no difficulties so far.
Is it possible to live comfortably (abit luxurious) from your income?
~ yup, i am living quite comfortably. My running shoes cost RM 400 to RM 600 a pair, and i buy at least 2 pair every year.
Other than financial questions, how is your social life?
~ quite good, because i now also a yoga and running instructors with so many fans. And no, i dunt charge any fee for the training.
Do you spend time with friends more with the time you have or is time mostly spent analysing companies for new trades?
~ before full time, i spend quite a lot of time studiying accountancy, business, management, psychology, economies, maths, science on top of analysisng companies. After attaining most of the knowledge, i am very very free. All process has become automated, efficience and very effective. Now, i spend a lot of time with family, friends and communities.
Overall, would you recommend others to take this profession?
~ hmmmm ... sincerely, i will say ..... NOPE !

imoogi99

1,640 posts

Posted by imoogi99 > 2015-05-28 10:51 | Report Abuse

"Do you still enjoy your profession? Or do you eventually tire out from facing your computer everyday?"
- Had been doing it for the last 5 years after almost 30yrs in the corporate world. Definitely enjoy it or else I wouldnt have move into fulltime. Facing the computer everyday????....welll depends on what you do with your computer. Part and parcel to check what you trade or invest. I consider full time as running my own business....I only answer to myself...I manage the money myself...i dont report to anyone except to myself...so totally a different ball game.

"Is it a stressful profession?"
- Nope if you manage your risk well and trade/invest with your spare money. As compare to corporate world, you have to answer to your boss and company for the mistake that you make and also mistake that your staff make. So nothing stressful in this full time trading or you manage your risk well.

"I think that most full-time traders are risk-takers. But, is there any who are risk-averse? (Note: This question would determine if a person fits to be in this profession)"
- Everything you do in this world is a risk. Being employed is a risk as well like those MAS staff are facing now. Driving on a road is a risk. So likewise for full time traders. No risk, no gains and that's the fact. So you have to manage your risk well. If you dont have standby case that you can trade/invest, dont join the business.

" From question 3, from the risks you take daily, have you ever experience financial difficulties at some point in time? If so, how did you overcome them?"
- I am all covered even the market crash.

" Is it possible to live comfortably (abit luxurious) from your income?"
- Yes. If you cant manage your risk then sorrylah...no luxurious. I dont enjoy expensive things...I enjoy going for a holidays and see the world. Afterall you only live once in this beautiful planet called Earth. So make full use of the time to see it. You cant bring the money to your grave (of course they will never bury the money with you when you die)...so earn wisely...spend wisely...covered all risk...and you will be enjoy the beauty of this planet earth.

" Other than financial questions, how is your social life? Do you spend time with friends more with the time you have or is time mostly spent analysing companies for new trades?"
- In fact with full time trading, I had more time in the world. I sleep well and everyday is a new day. Initially before you go into this, you have to spend time gaining all the knowledge you need...companies research...analysis report .....FA..TA...RA....study the market trend...etc etc etc. You dont have to analyze the whole 1001 companies on bursa or other market....just pick up a few good one or companies that you understand their business and that is it. On derivatives, just work on FCPO or FKLI....unless you like to trade overseas derivatives...just pick one or two will do. Once you are in it...everything is just routine. You dont have to spend so much time on it anymore. Rest of the time, you're free to do what you want to do.

"Overall, would you recommend others to take this profession?"
- Why not?....afterall just another business or some people see as another job. Same as like other business or job...not everyone can make it. So BE PREPARED...if you want to join in.

Posted by Shaun Loong > 2015-05-28 20:41 | Report Abuse

Thank you leno and imoogi99, really appreciate it for spending some time to answer those questions. All the best to y'all in your trades! :)

jm3525

94 posts

Posted by jm3525 > 2015-05-28 21:09 | Report Abuse

thanks for the advice and most valuable info from u all..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz