5 people like this.

59 comment(s). Last comment by sunztzhe 2015-06-07 12:35

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2015-06-07 10:13 | Report Abuse

Why simple thing make it so complicated.
TA and FA are two different things complementing each other in an efficient trading. TA without FA is not much better than a trading with luck. FA without TA is no doubt a safe play but must have the patience to wait. Which one you emphasise more depend on what sort of people you are. Some like to walk slowly and arrive at the destination with less risk. Some like to walk fast but higher risk of falling down.I prefer FA more than TA.
That's why I only know KC is a good enough in fact more than enough Sifu for my trading. So far I have no problem to achieve more than 20 % capital gain with more than bank dividend as bonus.

ahuat

128 posts

Posted by ahuat > 2015-06-07 10:28 | Report Abuse

Thanks pisanggoreng for your input.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-06-07 10:32 | Report Abuse

Posted by RonnieKimLondon > Jun 7, 2015 08:00 AM | Report Abuse
God bless you Mr Chong. You're not perfect but come close in your fundamental analysis

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

But sorry to say I differ in your opinion. I am far from perfect. Even if you say I am ok, I would be happy.

You know I am just a small time retail investors. The money I earned from investing is peanut compared with many many (I hope they don't stop me for writing just because of this).

I have a lot of limitations. I am not in the industry. I am not a financial analyst. I have no other information except publicly available information. Even that I made a lot of mistakes in my analysis.

Thanks anyway Ronnie.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,052 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-06-07 11:24 |

Post removed.Why?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-06-07 11:40 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr. OTB: Please do not stop writing as you are one of the very rare few who writes directly from heart and directly to the point of discussion. I believe many readers can understand your sincere messages that you just simply want to explain your strategy. Unfortunately it differs from the main stream of the threads which you appear yourself. I can feel your frustration that your sincere sharing comments were sometimes twisted or re-quoted with half fact and half non fact.

Please do not quit from i3 else I do not know how to comment on you when there is any prospective subscriber asking info about you which I did some times ago and she is now still one of your subscriber.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,052 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-06-07 11:43 | Report Abuse

Dear bsngpg,

I need to take a break only.

Thank you.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-06-07 11:48 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr OTB: after joining your course, my friend made a great return and she in return keeps on pursuing me to join too. Unfortunately, I just do not know how to appreciate TA. I am more on school of LenYan plus some speculation.

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-06-07 12:00 | Report Abuse

If you can make money in the long term while minimising permanent loss of capital using coconut, fengshui, horoscope, zodiac or tarot then go ahead. But to say FA alone doesn't work, you are saying Warren Buffett, Guy Spier, Mohnish Pabrai, Peter Lynch, Walter Schloss, Howard Marks, Joel Greenblatt, David Einhorn, Bill Ackman, Eddie Lampert, management of Sequoia Fund, Tweedy Browne, Ruane Cunniff that they are all being lucky huh?

Maybe they are, Tweedy Browne has published an empirical studies titled "What Has Worked in Investing", please do publish your empirical studies and analysis to disprove their research. Your past ROI results are not empirical studies, it only proves that you are doing well, well maybe. I can't comment because process is more important than results. You might be the lucky gambler that get blackjack 5 years in a row, or an unlucky master than despite skills, fail to beat the market 5 years in a row. But please do use historical market data to prove FA doesn't work.

This is not MU vs Arsenal, it's not a fan club, and im not siding anyone but you better have something to back you up for your statement because there are overwhelming studies and research stacked against you when you say 'FA alone doesn't work'.

There is nothing wrong using hybrid of both methods, Michael Burry used a hybrid investing style and he saw GFC coming all the way back in 2005, but sorry not through TA.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-07 12:35 | Report Abuse

Whether you are a FA or TA practitioner, the ability to judge general trend is very essential.There are world renowned FA or TA gurus that need no further mentioning. Both FA and TA should not be completely separated because they are in a way associated and the interactive relationship between price, volume and time reflect the views of Investors. They vote for the future prospect with their funds.

In my view FA and TA are synonymous for Fundamental Value stocks as the known fundamentals at any point in time is already factored in the price. When new fundamental catalyst emerges, it will be in due time be reflected in the price action over time.

However professional short term traders/retailers have a penchant for GORENG stocks ( hoping to earn fast bucks) that lacks basic fundamental criteria for investment and its price action is solely determined by THE OPERATORS!!! If you ride on the right side with the operators, you will earn money..likewise if you are on the wrong side ..fools and their money will depart for sure!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz