201 comment(s). Last comment by princehero 2016-02-15 21:51

ckwan11d

567 posts

Posted by ckwan11d > 2016-02-09 08:32 | Report Abuse

无语.

newbie1234

880 posts

Posted by newbie1234 > 2016-02-09 08:35 | Report Abuse

I agree with uncle koon. I also fall on love with my shares and sometimes greed. Very heavy heart to sell and its even harder to cut loss.

ymlok84

5 posts

Posted by ymlok84 > 2016-02-09 08:56 | Report Abuse

pureBULL , story in Bible?

fast

2,680 posts

Posted by fast > 2016-02-09 09:00 | Report Abuse

Luke 15:"11 And he said, "There was a man who had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.' And he divided his property between them. 13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living. 14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. 16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything. 17 "But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants."' 20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' 22 But the father said to his servants,'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. 23 And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' And they began to celebrate. 25 "Now his older son was in the field, and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 And he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. 27 And he said to him, 'Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fattened calf, because he has received him back safe and sound.' 28 But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, 29 but he answered his father, 'Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your property with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him!' 31 And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. 32 It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.'"

calvintaneng

53,346 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-02-09 09:38 | Report Abuse

Fast,

The story of the lost son depicts all of mankind. We are depicted in the Bible as wandering sheep & Jesus is the good Shepherd who gave his life for the sheep.

For the Son of Man is come to seek and save that which was lost.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

All on earth are lost souls wandering now. This world is only a transitory place. Everyone will have to leave for our destinations some day - either heaven or hell.

So Jesus said, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Jesus has been preparing the most glorious paradise in heaven for over 2,000 years already. Paul says, "Eye hath not seen, nor ears heard, neither have entered into the heart of men, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him"

So God is now calling for you and for me - the wandering souls on earth to go back to Him through Jesus - the mediator.

All roads lead to Rome but there is Only One Way to heaven.

"I am The Way; The Truth and The Life; No Man Can Come To God except through Me", so Jesus said.

Go on your knees and pray to Jesus. Ask him to take away your sins because he already took your sins away when he died on the cross.

He said, "IT IS FINISHED". Yes, no man can save his own soul by good works. Only believe in the saving death of Jesus for your salvation.

This is the way. Yes! This is the Only Way!

See www.chick.com

Note: Once you have Jesus in your heart you will have the deepest satisfaction in life. You won't need anything else to satisfy you because Jesus will give you "joy unspeakable and full of glory"'

As St Augustine says, "Our hearts are restless till we find rest in Thee"

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2016-02-09 10:28 | Report Abuse

Shouldn't one buy and hold winners for at least a year, instead of trying to time its every peaks and troughs?As investors like Buffett and Bogle would often advises ppl, ""the less one trades, the better""
Never mind...whether to trade, invest, time hold forever, outsmart mkt...wishing all the best.

Good luck, and happy CNY everyone!

eddyng3300

116 posts

Posted by eddyng3300 > 2016-02-09 10:43 | Report Abuse

Nobody knows the future, it's how much your appetite. You think it's enough then offload and be happy. If not enough wait lol

necro

4,726 posts

Posted by necro > 2016-02-09 10:55 | Report Abuse

Korang bersyair ke?

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-02-09 11:20 | Report Abuse

For the time being, it is best you do not know my identity lest people think I am Ahmad Maslan.
I have only one request.
My request is that you write at least once a week in i3. Writing keeps your mind young and active. Good for you and good for readers in I3.
Lord Bertrand Russell lived to 100 and wrote till he is 100. Everybody loves and respects Lord Bertrand Russell.

=====

yewyin33 > Feb 9, 2016 03:21 AM | Report Abuse

I ham very happy to see that most of my articles have readers and comments. But unfortunately most of the critics cannot appreciate my writings. I have high respect for JT Yeo and Desa20201956. Please write to me yewyin33@gmail.com because I wish to know you and I would like to explore how we can work together to make more money.
My advice to the abusive critics is that they must look at their own track record to see badly they have done. Some of them cannot even write without grammatical mistakes.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-02-09 11:23 | Report Abuse

"Once the flow of investments dry up, the ringgit plunges further and public sentiment against the PM takes a turn for the worse, we will see a response from major stake players other than the PMO," Lim said, referring to the Prime Minister's Office.

Posted by stocktrader3 > 2016-02-09 11:24 | Report Abuse

"My biggest mistake is that I fell in love with my shares so much that I did not sell when they were at their peak."

How to know in advance they are at their peak? Did anyone see the problem here?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-02-09 11:31 | Report Abuse

Response from the major stake players : we are too late to sell, because we love our shares too much.

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2016-02-09 11:35 | Report Abuse

we all found no problem as kyy just talk c**k
his current situation is like “热窝上的蚂蚁”

Posted by stocktrader3 > Feb 9, 2016 11:24 AM | Report Abuse

"My biggest mistake is that I fell in love with my shares so much that I did not sell when they were at their peak."

How to know in advance they are at their peak? Did anyone see the problem here?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-02-09 11:35 | Report Abuse

public sentiment + PM + response from major stake player + crude oil + Zeti + USD = Ringgit

SpeedyBoy

217 posts

Posted by SpeedyBoy > 2016-02-09 11:37 | Report Abuse

Desa, agree with you on your posting below but just take note that the Speeedyboy you are referring to is not me. His ID has 3 e and he is actually the greatest imposter in i3 - Fortunebull or fortunebullz or Speeedyboy or Tomm. And once he does a posting he will delete it within a day or two. No one takes him seriously and thus he only blogs about politics. His reading of the market is totally ridiculous and the his worst prediction is that the index will be 1900 points in June 2015 (last year). He has created other ids on those who do not agree with him to confuse people by adding an alphabet or joining the names of the words together like KC Loh ( his biggest critic) he used KCLoh. I have not come into i3 for quite some time but feel there's a need to expose him. You have a good day Desa . I like your views. ( expect this posting to be flagged )

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-02-09 11:44 | Report Abuse

I couldn't tell it either, it is good to point it out

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-02-09 11:49 | Report Abuse

KLSE will plunge very soon as the EPF contribution also reduced, only the EPF has the power to defend KLSE, but now it is reduced by 3% from the normal rate of 11% (30% less bullets for EPF to defend the market), let's assume EPF cannot afford to defend each counter by 30%, sooner the KLSE will plunge by 30%?

sharktank

805 posts

Posted by sharktank > 2016-02-09 11:57 | Report Abuse

Well, at least uncle KYY admit his mistake. It is nothing to do with bad karma alerting ppls to sell as the selling is just the beginning. it is not cheap yet. If history do repeat, a bear market always behave this way : drop slowly with minor rebound and drop back again before it plunged for final kill. we are in the final wave for a final plunged unless some other forces able to delay it but we are heading toward it. This is the best article of the year 2016. Happy new year uncle koon.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-02-09 11:58 | Report Abuse

I am Desa20201956 not 1856

Hates it when people abuse the forum.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-02-09 12:12 | Report Abuse

1856.... This is Chinese New Year.

What possible benefits for you?

soros228

2,032 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2016-02-09 12:15 | Report Abuse

I'm confused now.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-02-09 12:18 | Report Abuse

年 还没过完 地砂 脑功能 怎么了 ?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-02-09 12:19 | Report Abuse

可怜 的 地砂。

kkchoo79

159 posts

Posted by kkchoo79 > 2016-02-09 13:08 | Report Abuse

Me too 'I have learned a humble lesson in not selling'.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-02-09 13:11 | Report Abuse

Stock discovery is a skill

Market timing is more luck

No one is expected to be perfect when it comes to market timing.

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2016-02-09 13:20 | Report Abuse

KYY, you have confused me and many of us. Your last article said we should buy the export companies as it is cheap now and you believe ringgit will remain weak for sometime at least, next moment you told us you regretted to have not sold the stocks at the peak , I feel there is something wrong in your logic, because neither you nor me can tell which GOD knows when it is the peak. I think hard try to figure out what's the real message you are trying to convey. I presume it is most likely now you got nothing much to boast to satisfy your own ego. Yes?

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 13:25 | Report Abuse

pisanggoreng...right from the moment I saw the title...I felt the same way like u are saying...that's why I posted saying he is commenting like Optimus.

I am still presuming he is using reverse psychology...
If not ...im sorry to say he has some serious brain damage.

soros228

2,032 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2016-02-09 13:28 | Report Abuse

Agreed with pisanggoreng
Luckily didn't chase high.

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 13:29 | Report Abuse

If not brain damage...his thinking level as good as any investors who rely on pure luck..speculation and inputs from their reliable advisors.
In that case the only reason to weigh in KYY's opinion is because he has reliable advisors....but he himself (KYY) is complete ZERO - tin kosong.

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-02-09 13:36 | Report Abuse

Again attacking n finding old man's faults instead of trying to understand n learn about smart, objective n detachment from emotions investing..sigh
Even Warren Buffet can made a mistake n it really takes guts to admit wrong n move on better

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 13:42 | Report Abuse

again focusing on people's grammar.....luks like old prejudice thinking.

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 13:47 |

Post removed.Why?

super911

295 posts

Posted by super911 > 2016-02-09 13:49 | Report Abuse

101% agree with what pisang goreng has pointed out. Anyway, I think he is a bit sesat already.

shazza

251 posts

Posted by shazza > 2016-02-09 13:53 | Report Abuse

Thanks KYY for sharing your wisdom. Practice makes perfect and sometimes we fall into bad habits again. Having no emotions on your prized star stocks and selling at the right time-plan your trade and trade your plan, being disciplined about what the charts are telling you and sell/cut loss/control greed is are prized virtues for all traders.

I am a novice and appreciate what you are trying to remind us and that we should always be disciplined-new buzz word for me since being in this and facing the bearish market.

People are quick to judge nowadays, and always ready with their opinion, failing to see the bigger picture or the wisdom of gurus like you. We all need to grow up and mature in handling ourselves and others who try to provoke and may have negative intentions.

Please continue your sharing as majority of us know your intentions are good and look forward to reading your articles. Same with OTB and the others.

Kong Xi Fatt Chai!

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 14:01 | Report Abuse

I am saddened by the fact...humans actions are not motivated by truth seeking...its so much to do with the status they are in and the gain/loss they would have by supporting a cause to an extent they are completely willing to blind themselves from the truth.

This explains why one can have such corrupted people at the top - as a leader of a country. :(

hmm...how can yin avoid yang.

Posted by Lollipot Anison > 2016-02-09 14:25 | Report Abuse

The damn good investor are those who know how to sell in fact, because that is the point that decide your earning/loss.

teareader

63 posts

Posted by teareader > 2016-02-09 14:32 | Report Abuse

The more money you have the bigger the headache. If you perceive the share market to be in a prolonged downtrend, what strategies would take to protect your capital? Is any company safe? W. Buffett lately invested hugely in aircraft parts and oil refining manufacture. Would you do the same? Or would you rather concentrate on our exporting companies and gamble on the exchange rate.

Up_down

4,283 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-02-09 14:50 | Report Abuse

Why bother to pay attention for the stock price dropping by 20%. Uncle was telling you guys that he still fetched very high returns even after the sold down recently. One of the way to boost his excellent performance ma. kikiki

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 14:55 | Report Abuse

From a person at his level...I would appreciated his long term macroeconomic view that will effect the currency.

This would have been an interesting discussion unlike stocks of a company where you can easily speculate and affect the price.

Great businessman should talk the fundamentals which affects currency...(of course no one can predict..but I presume he has the reliable sources at the least)...

Also, it would have been nice if he can go through more on his understanding of the company business in his basket...he bought so much shares..cant he access a little more on the business and reveal to us?

Instead of saying....ego..greed...which are just emotions...

All the while that was his strategy (psychology) to pull in attention to his stocks...purely emotions..cause he is big shot filthy rich man.

That is the only thing - 'tin' he has in his tin kosong.

Posted by everydaysfri > 2016-02-09 14:57 | Report Abuse

My understanding of KYY writing is that he regrets not to sell at peak so that he will have more cash to buy when the shares drop about 20%. He still believes in his selection of shares.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-02-09 15:00 | Report Abuse

Koon Koon still make money under the extreme crash while most of us only licking own wound. Even EPF is going to loss their pant

Up_down

4,283 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-02-09 15:05 | Report Abuse

Uncle is tin kosong....hahaha. His tin is fully stuffed with ‘psychology‘ of how to attract the crowd. very very powerful loh.

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2016-02-09 15:14 | Report Abuse

What Ah Koon want to say
My biggest mistake is not selling

What Ah Koon want you to hear
Last night, on Chinese New Year eve, Ooi Teik Bee rang me to seek my opinion regarding the strengthening of our Ringgit. He said that he has spoken to a highly respected investor who said that due to the bad publicity of our political situation, he thinks that our Ringgit will continue to be weak which is good for exporters.

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 15:18 | Report Abuse

OTB rang to seek KYY's opinion...
ended up KYY absorbing OTB' fren's opinion.

what a drama..

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-02-09 15:18 | Report Abuse

Drop 20% also not a big deal because I am still making money
Look at EPF stake on the SRC, I shall be fortunate not to end up like EPF

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-02-09 15:24 | Report Abuse

I think now I understand why they burn the witches in Africa...once they realize they kena conned. Cause the witch basically took their logics and reasoning into trash...based on their pure 'mystical image' which they find hard to resist and ended up selling their soul.

Here many despite the obvious..cant help themselves from getting conned by Koon.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-02-09 15:30 | Report Abuse

Trust me,koon koon knows little about FA,TA in shares investment.ecocomic,forex etc

youlee

762 posts

Posted by youlee > 2016-02-09 15:31 | Report Abuse

I believe KYY should and be able to sell some of his VS shares at current price; still super normal profit of several hundreds percentage! It's not too late to sell some tomorrow because the price isn't guaranteed to go back up in the near future!

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2016-02-09 15:39 | Report Abuse

What Ah Koon want you to hear
Last night, on Chinese New Year eve, Ooi Teik Bee rang me to seek my opinion ..blah blah blah.. has spoken to a highly respected investor ...blah blah blah....bad publicity of our political situation..blah blah blah... Ringgit will continue to be weak...blah blah blah... good for exporters.

What Ah Koon want to say
My biggest mistake is not selling

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-02-09 15:40 | Report Abuse

From personal experience and some tips from friends on when to sell at peak. Unfortunately there is no fool proof way to know this. At best u can only sell almost before the peak or after the peak. Even for an investor without emotions this is difficult.

1. Overbought territory ftom a technical chart perspective. You can see that if the rsi is overbought at high volume it may be time to go. This works but again it is not an absolute value. But at least u sold around the highest price.

2. Profits of company declining. Once u notice a trend of profits coming down. Time to go lo. Be careful for one off exceptional gains items.

3. Macro economic changes or micro changes. Eg oil price drops. I made a mistake of not noticing this n bought thheavy becoz of the price is cheap. Kena caught big time. So have to cut loss. This is known as macro change. Micro change is specific to the company u buy. One of the big shareholder tan sri quek left in a hurry from thheavy...he cut loss. Again i didnt sell...stupid decision. Moral of the story must always read news n monitor for both changes. U have to learn to be info savvy as well. Now oil is cheap oil companies are cheap. Logic says time to go in. But of course again dun put all your eggs in one basket. Btw i have sona and am keeping it until i see no hope.

Buy n sell at your own risks. Cheers

Post a Comment
Market Buzz