1 person likes this.

28 comment(s). Last comment by mamatede 2019-04-01 10:43

skyjet

497 posts

Posted by skyjet > 2019-03-27 14:43 | Report Abuse

被官老一炒冲天的Dayang成为今年马股的当红炸子鸡,我抓破头脑都想不明白为何散户还愿意在1.50++价格入场接货,可能是受不了官老的3.00目标价诱惑吧!

平心而论,虽然外界对官老的评价两极化(感觉负面居多),但我由衷钦佩这位大慈善家。从低价收票,到中价放风,然后开始卖梦想讲故事让散户高价接票,还要百试百灵根本就是顶级大师操作手法。你可以不喜欢他,但不能质疑他的玩法。有上过我课的学生应该知道,这就是在股市获利《讲故事》的最佳写照。

从另一个角度来看,官老在股市把贪心散户的钱赚个够本,然后在现实生活中捐钱帮助真正有需要的人,现代版劫富济贫的Robinhood有米有。

言归正传,Kenanga股票行今天建议投资者卖出Dayang,原因如下:

一、最新第4季的亮眼业绩归功于《一次性付款》,难以再重复。
二、子公司Perdana需要进行债务重组,可能会有附加股活动,甚至出现减值亏损。

PS:股价大涨》交出一次好业绩》PE突然变得很低》把目标价放很高》股价无利空情况下转跌》业绩回到现实》散户死伤惨重,这一幕是不是很熟悉?还记得去年如日中天H股吗?

skyjet

497 posts

Posted by skyjet > 2019-03-27 14:47 | Report Abuse

Sell Dayang because coming earning is not repeatable.

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-03-27 15:06 | Report Abuse

Hehe. As I said, it's up to you to decide whether or not to follow IB.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-27 15:15 | Report Abuse

IB all are brunch of low class anal racist

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-03-27 15:25 | Report Abuse

Bang, it only cause a stir as much as you are unable to think critically.

Ww1234wW

95 posts

Posted by Ww1234wW > 2019-03-27 17:53 | Report Abuse

We should support uncle kyy for the sc letter to investigate IB doubts

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2019-03-27 20:56 | Report Abuse

If Kenanga felt that the Q4 result cannot be sustained , why upgrade the target price ? Why Kenanga only focus on Q4 result and upcoming Q1 19 rather than the whole of 2018 and the whole of 2019 outlook ? The Q3 2018 revenue is almost the same as Q4 revenue . If Q4 revenue which consist of only lump sum revenue without the normal schedule rates , what about Q3 revenue which consist of both normal schedule rates of 127 million plus lump sum of 111 millions . Is this Q3 revenue which is " normal " sustainable ? IF Kenanga feel that Q1 2019 will have a more normalised revenue , then they should expect a RM 127 million schedule rate revenue in Q1 plus may be half of Q4 RM 269 million ( fair estimate ) lump sum . With such normalised revenues respectively , its Q1 total revenue will still be more than 300 million assuming the other marine charter revenue to be 50 million . Kenanga only state that the Q4 lump sum revenue is not sustainable , it did not mention the schedule rate and marine charter revenue is not sustainable . The way kenanga summarise its report give many an impression that Q1 2019 revenue will be much worsed than Q4 2018 without articulating why Q4 has zero schedule rate revenue which is abnormal and also assume that Q1 will also have zero schedule rate revenue which is totally abnormal and illogical .

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-03-27 21:07 | Report Abuse

All iB have vested interest. Semua IB kaki pemutar alam

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-27 21:37 | Report Abuse

clearly IB was having Koon in mind when they wrote the TP...it was not an unbiased analysis..

well said pjseow

Posted by pjseow > Mar 27, 2019 8:56 PM | Report Abuse

If Kenanga felt that the Q4 result cannot be sustained , why upgrade the target price ? Why Kenanga only focus on Q4 result and upcoming Q1 19 rather than the whole of 2018 and the whole of 2019 outlook ? The Q3 2018 revenue is almost the same as Q4 revenue . If Q4 revenue which consist of only lump sum revenue without the normal schedule rates , what about Q3 revenue which consist of both normal schedule rates of 127 million plus lump sum of 111 millions . Is this Q3 revenue which is " normal " sustainable ? IF Kenanga feel that Q1 2019 will have a more normalised revenue , then they should expect a RM 127 million schedule rate revenue in Q1 plus may be half of Q4 RM 269 million ( fair estimate ) lump sum . With such normalised revenues respectively , its Q1 total revenue will still be more than 300 million assuming the other marine charter revenue to be 50 million . Kenanga only state that the Q4 lump sum revenue is not sustainable , it did not mention the schedule rate and marine charter revenue is not sustainable . The way kenanga summarise its report give many an impression that Q1 2019 revenue will be much worsed than Q4 2018 without articulating why Q4 has zero schedule rate revenue which is abnormal and also assume that Q1 will also have zero schedule rate revenue which is totally abnormal and illogical .

uptrending

1,852 posts

Posted by uptrending > 2019-03-27 23:55 | Report Abuse

The plastic used by SCGM is degradable, it will decompose in a 5 years period. It is not those normal plastic. Isn't this environment friendly as well?

uptrending

1,852 posts

Posted by uptrending > 2019-03-27 23:55 | Report Abuse

The market spoken anyway

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-03-28 09:14 | Report Abuse

Degradable in 5 years is considered good for the environment? Marketing gimmick? The one-time use plastic still creates tonnes of rubbish daily.

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-03-28 09:50 | Report Abuse

Possibly after reading the above article, Public Invest looked for excuses to downgrade SCGM. https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/PublicInvest/199925.jsp

How can an IB change its judgement so fast?

20/3/2019 - PublicInvest visited factory and issued buy call for SCGM at Rm1.39
27/3/2019 - PublicInvest analysed QR result and maintain buy call SCGM at Rm1.39
28/3/2019 - PublicInvest downgrade to maintain SCGM at Rm1.05

How can a company fundamental change in a matter of few days? IB, lu kaki putar kah?

Booyeah

365 posts

Posted by Booyeah > 2019-03-28 11:28 | Report Abuse

this abang misai is stupid or what.. they are not doing single used plastic.. u are either innorant or just promoting dayang

Booyeah

365 posts

Posted by Booyeah > 2019-03-28 11:29 | Report Abuse

abang misai knowledge is so poor.. in which of their company site say they are producing single used plastic??

Booyeah

365 posts

Posted by Booyeah > 2019-03-28 11:36 | Report Abuse

dude, the utilisation rate below 50%, because of transition from old to new plant. I don't have this stock. but I find you as a joker and misleading investors. don't write something u didn't do proper reaseach

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-03-28 13:56 | Report Abuse

You are entitled to have your own views. Most importantly, it is the earning that dictates the share price. Let the market to decide who’s wrong and who’s right.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2019-03-28 21:50 | Report Abuse

It is just too glaring an unprofessional job when within a day , Public Invest change SCGM from buy with tgt price of RM 1.39 to downgrade to 1.05 tgt price . Can we still trust the IB's recommendations ? It is an obvious substandard report of no value .

Posted by (Clark GKent) Philip > 2019-03-29 14:53 | Report Abuse

A GOOD valuation metric is to compare DAYANG vs YINSON.
DAYANG has a better biz model, carries lesser risk than Yinson, an ocean TAXI co.
>>>>>>

Ocean taxi is an apt name. You know exactly what it does, what the revenues and profits are, and where it is going 5 years from now with it's firm orderbook with penalties for cancellation.

For DAYANG, you never knew this company existed before KYY promoted it.
Earnings also are spotty. One year 164 million, one year -143 million, one year 54 million. Average out is 25 million over 3 years, how can we know it is a growing better business model?

Plus dayang only compete locally for petronas business, I don't see it being contractor for modec, Nippon oil, Chevron, BP, etc etc, while YINSON win project internationally first then come do Malaysia projects.

Mervyn

7 posts

Posted by Mervyn > 2019-03-29 14:54 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr. Misai. Pls refer to the PIVB research report again. I think they have been recommending SCGM with 'NEUTRAL' call for almost a year. Yet, u put the blame on the analyst without reading the recommendation properly. There is not a single word of "BUY" call for those reports over the last 1 year. U are trying to cause a stir in the public. It is very irresponsible and impolite manner to simple tick off ppl in such a way without doing proper studies.

Posted by Invest_Sensibly > 2019-03-29 15:19 | Report Abuse

I think Misai man is right. Support you Misai. Hope you can continue to expose the wrongdoing of IBs.

Posted by (Clark GKent) Philip > 2019-03-29 17:34 | Report Abuse

You learn new things every day, I'm old man already, gkent giving me 6% dividend and pe of 7, why not take a shot? LGE just awarded them 11.8 billion in rail system contract which they also subcon m&e part out to the company I work at, so why not take a stab at it? If completed I happy both ways, if got problems with lrt3 I at least know earlier than everyone else.

I didn't say DAYANG was bad, I'm just responding when someone say DAYANG is a better business model than YINSON which I have a few lots in.

So I just thought I'd give my 5 cents ( or in my case rm1.28 cents worth) in terms of what I have seen in the business opportunity growth of yinson since 2013.

When sumitomo group wants to JV with YINSON ( yinson do the work while sumitomo finances), you know they doing something right.

I invested in YINSON since 2013, I doubt anyone here ideated in DAYANG since 2013.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-29 17:37 | Report Abuse

good analysts advise caution when it is the hottest thing in town, over promoted and over bought and encourage people to buy when there is no interest...............the rest up to customers themselves

Posted by (Clark GKent) Philip > 2019-03-29 17:55 | Report Abuse

Short term sucks are a popularity contest, long term it is a weighing machine.

FYI this is also why I don't bother with technical analysis.

None of the chartist could have predicted that DAYANG will climb from 79 to 1.78. and none of the chartist could have predicted that DAYANG will drop from 1.78 to 1.29.

I prefer to buy companies when they are just starting out with that hint of potential and a market advantage compared to others and ride it out for the long term.

Yinson has a huge advantage compared to it's peers like Armada, sapura etc.

I can't really tell the difference between DAYANG, CARIMIN,t7, destini and all those other small-time o&g companies Calvin tan likes to promote that specializes in manpower and maintenance services. What makes dayang special and how can they compete internationally?

If they can't compete internationally I don't bother investing.

Yinson, QL, topglov, gkent, PCHEM all have something in common.

They aren't jaguh kampung only.

If someone can tell me the moat that DAYANG has to let it compete internationally I'm all ears.

PureBULL .

2,412 posts

Posted by PureBULL . > 2019-03-30 02:55 | Report Abuse

1 simple sentence:

UPTREND IS YOUR FRIEND

To wait a few years for stocks to go up is to lose a big portion of one's life. Do not do this even the stock has a good FA but downtrend like gloves n many others, even most CI stocks.

UPTREND is GOOD stocks, so few on KLSE now
DOWNTREND = bad stocks, r everywhere

Posted by (Clark GKent) Philip > 2019-03-30 06:05 | Report Abuse

Buy when everyone is buying, sell when everyone is selling?

I don't think you will ever get a good deal like that, nor make big money.

Its like the selling durians at the height of durian season when prices are lowest and market is flooded. Or buying your durians at the highest price during the beginning of the season.

You either sell too early, buy too late, sell too late or buy the wrong stock.

I really don't think trends are anyone's friend, not even in the stock market.

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-03-30 11:16 | Report Abuse

Thumbs up

mamatede

3,950 posts

Posted by mamatede > 2019-04-01 10:43 | Report Abuse

Nobody Care with IB estimate. With that type of spike in Dayang for sure and no doubt the wisest choice to take profit at the peak. The IB is just to highlight that taking profit is coming and people stampeded.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz