1 person likes this.

240 comment(s). Last comment by i3lurker 2020-02-06 08:29

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2019-12-30 22:23 | Report Abuse

Life is simply being created by God n the earth is for animals n humans to live.A well planned house is built by someone n can't be constructed by an animal.So two trucks of bricks banged together can't form a house n likewise the earth can't be created by a big bang of planets.In fact the big bang of anything will crush anything to pieces,two cars collide with each other will smash one another with strong momentum of forces n won't be in good conditions n proper shape.To obtain a good functioning car we need to build the engines to move it so the theory of big bang to create the earth is ridiculous n even a baby will not believe it n how much an adult with intelligence to believe such stories.
It is naive to assume things without any proofs because in my lifetime I have not seen anything being formed by banging but being smashed to pieces only.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-30 23:32 | Report Abuse

It is hard to imagine because some 4.6 billion years ago, the solar system was completely different. It was chaotic and volatile. Many of the planets that we know today were still forming via the process known as “accretion,” which involved the accumulation of smaller particles of matter into one bigger object with its own gravity.

First, when gas and dust grains collide, they agglomerate by microphysical processes like van der Waals forces and electromagnetic forces, forming micrometer-sized particles; during this stage, accumulation mechanisms are largely non-gravitational in nature ( such grains would accumulate rather than simply rebound !)

Grains eventually stick together to form mountain-size (or larger) bodies called planetesimals. Collisions and gravitational interactions between planetesimals combine to produce Moon-size planetary embryos (protoplanets) over roughly 0.1–1 million years.

Finally, the planetary embryos collide to form planets over 10–100 million years. The planetesimals are massive enough that mutual gravitational interactions are significant enough to be taken into account when computing their evolution. Growth is aided by orbital decay of smaller bodies due to gas drag, which prevents them from being stranded between orbits of the embryos. Further collisions and accumulation lead to terrestrial planets or the core of giant planets

Up_down

4,283 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2019-12-30 23:55 | Report Abuse

You drag to far away man....4.6 billon year ago? You want to get back to ‘Big Bang’? What about before Big Bang?...In the end, you would stop looking for it cause you certainly get your own answer, the ‘Creator ‘ to block your mind tracking.

Sslee

4,871 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-12-31 07:17 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Stephen Hawking and co-author Leonard Mlodinow state in their book, The Grand Design, that it is reasonable to ask who or what created the universe, but if the answer is God, then the question has merely been deflected to that of who created God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Thank you

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 07:46 | Report Abuse

Posted by Up_down > Dec 30, 2019 11:55 PM | Report Abuse

You drag to far away man....4.6 billon year ago? You want to get back to ‘Big Bang’?

Almost 10 billion karmaless-cum-abiological years after big bang, which occured 13.787 billion years ± 20 million years ago. ( Lambda-CDM concordance model)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 08:06 | Report Abuse

Why so long ~ 10 billion years?

Shortly after the Big Bang, the primordial nucleosynthesis happened and generated abundance of hydrogen and helium, i.e. the two lightest elements with an atomic number 1 and 2 respectively, which still dominate over the other elements that are rare compared to them.

Although hydrogen and helium make up respectively ≈ 92 and ≈ 7% of the baryonic matter in the universe, the other elements i.e. the remaining 1% is huge physical masses that have led to the emergence of life.

Within a diameter of over 93 billion light years, containing over 120 to 300 sextillion stars, it is estimated that the there are between 1078 to 1082 atoms ( between ten quadrillion vigintillion and one-hundred thousand quadrillion vigintillion) atoms. in the known, observable universe.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 08:13 | Report Abuse

Pathetic learning institutions of the 21st century still using outdated information- an analogy is .....

.....imagine instead of using the latest volume of encyclopaedia, they defend using the first (original), 'sacred-cum-holy' version.....

and not expecting the students to feel so lost navigating the hypermodern world like a primitive (relatively) thinker

(cowboy of the 21st century)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 08:28 | Report Abuse

The Life Cycle Of A Nuclear Reactor 1 'Stars'

The first nuclei were formed a few minutes after the Big Bang, through the process called Big Bang nucleosynthesis. After about 20 minutes, the universe had cooled to a point at which these processes ended.

Stars form from an accumulation of gas and dust, which collapses due to gravity and starts to form stars. Stars fuse light elements to heavier ones in their cores, giving off energy in the process known as stellar nucleosynthesis. Fusion processes create many of the other elements, up to and including iron.

Once an iron core is produced, the fate of the star is sealed. Since iron will not fuse to produce more energy, energy is lost by the productions of neutrinos through a variety of nuclear reactions. Neutrinos, which interact very weakly with matter, immediately leave the core taking energy with them. The core contracts and the star titers on the edge of oblivion.

As the core shrinks, it increases in density. Electrons are forced to combine with protons to make neutrons and more neutrinos, called neutronization. The core cools more, and becomes an extremely rigid form of matter. This entire process only takes 1/4 of a second.

With a loss of pressure from core, the unsupported regions surrounding the core plunge inward at velocities up to 100,000 km/s. The material crashes into the now-rigid core, enormous temperatures and pressures build up, and the layers bounce upward. A shock wave forms, which accelerates and, within a few hours, explodes from the surface of the star rushing outward at thousands of km/sec.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 08:33 | Report Abuse

Supernova nucleosynthesis within exploding stars is largely responsible for the elements between oxygen and rubidium: from the ejection of elements produced during stellar nucleosynthesis; through explosive nucleosynthesis during the supernova explosion.

Neutron star mergers are also responsible for the synthesis of many heavy elements. Cosmic ray spallation, caused when cosmic rays impact the interstellar medium and fragment larger atomic species, is a significant source of the lighter nuclei, particularly 3He, 9Be and 10,11B, that are not created by stellar nucleosynthesis. Cosmic ray bombardment of elements on Earth also contribute to the presence of rare, short-lived atomic species called cosmogenic nuclides.

Finally, in addition to the fusion processes responsible for the growing abundances of elements in the universe, a few minor natural processes continue to produce very small numbers of new nuclides on Earth. These nuclides contribute little to their abundances, but may account for the presence of specific new nuclei. These nuclides are produced via radiogenesis (decay) of long-lived, heavy, primordial radionuclides such as uranium and thorium.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 08:40 | Report Abuse

Karma may be like..... backward countries continue to fall backward because the people there are willingly being led by dinosaur leaders who lead with the outdated very first version of encyclopaedia.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 08:45 | Report Abuse

Or poor people of poor countries simply fail to stand up for their birth rights to reject the obsolete ways of understanding how things had happened.....really came about.....

......willingly defend the use of the earlier sapiens' compilation of knowledge

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 08:57 | Report Abuse

They can hold endless summits and congress - talk and talk till the cows come home, but won't karma hold them back?

Not till they become honest enough to admit that using the obsolete version of knowledge compilations would be a handicap.

Not till they become enlightened enough to set free of their people from imaginary boundaries (irrrelevant to the 21st century) , and encourage them keep abreast to the latest understanding of how the society, world business and universe work

Not till they become prudent enough to stop funding futile effort in limiting and policing the people's mindset - what and how they should think. Just educate them about the current era-appropriate laws.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 09:07 | Report Abuse

And they ask why their people looks like cowboys of the 21st century..........not industrious at work.......plagued and haunted by modern life issues that they cannot solve

(Karma is the answer? Or use of dinosaur version of sapiens' scripts for hypermodern world?)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 10:32 | Report Abuse

Politicking begets politicking : Karma, not?

Many non-1st world nations suffer a cowboy state of stagnation whole the rest of the world progresses. At the same time, these countries is plagued by medieval societal issues about ethnicities, identity and religiosity.

In the manufacturing sector, their cowboy-led companies do not invent or use commercially viable technologies.

In the construction sector, labour-intensive inundated with obsolete technology has evolved from beong a solution (of pre-21st century) into a problem (of the 21st century's business model).

In the agricultural industry, revival has been slow, plagued by corruption.

Cowboy education will never go beyond the first version of encyclopaedia.......giving their overweight and diabetes-to-be students and teachers 'a fish a day' for breakfast and lunch, rather than teaching them 'how to fish' properly by understanding the modern world better.......overproducing frogs under the coconut shells by overfunding rote learning and memorization of outdated scripts, compromising budget for facilitating them to keep abreast with new development around the world......helmed by impotent ministers who emphasize form over substance.......ethinicity over meritocracy

How their cowboy nations gonna survive? Just by inflating the people's ego five times a day? And dignity? Just like that?
31/12/2019 10:24 AM

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 10:58 | Report Abuse

I still remember interviewing a cowboy of the 21st century- dressed like one, talked like one (but refused to be dignified like one)- to see if his thinking is like one too.

I said I could see how he had performed academically on paper. But I wanted to evaluate his thinking power.

I told him that it would be just a chat (after all, he can for a security guard job only)

I said, "We got only 10 minutes. Let's talk some abstract ideas - out of our day-to-day subject - something requires a lot of imagination - dinosaur. What do you think of them?"

He : Just a money-making hoax.There never one. Or they would be dinosours around these days. How could they be so big!?

Me : What do you think are important factors to support such humongous size?

Silent.

Me : Do you think the atmospheric oxygen concentration is one of the major determinants that support huge flora and fauna species?

He : No. It has always been the same - about 20-21%

Me : What if some scientists claim that they have evidence that the atmospheric oxygen concentration was double of today's during thw time of dinosaur? Could they had actually existed?

He : I don't think so. The universe, the environment and the world have been constant since the time of creation.

Me : So if dinosaur can come into existence then, they should be reproducing now too?

He : Exactly

Me : Nice chatting. You may go now. Thanks.

End of interview.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:00 | Report Abuse

Then I turned to my eagerly but quietly listening secretary and asked her what did she think about the interviewee?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:15 | Report Abuse

After being with me for countless interviews, she could anticipate what I would expect her to jot down on the interviewee's personal assessment sheet.

She offered a few keywords: inflexibility (rigid in thinking)*

* too stubborn to take suggestion that oxygen-producing plants, which came later in the evolutionary process, had increased the atmospheric oxygen concentration from 5% to 10%, then 15-20%, and might overshot to over 50%.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2019-12-31 11:15 | Report Abuse

Who created God?This question will lead to a simple answer that the creator is almighty God himself who has no beginning n a person with great power n gracious feeling of great virtues namely love,kindness,mercy,perservance,humility n patience.Jesus n good angels imitate him in personalities to live harmoniously in heaven n remove the bad ones from heavens.So likewise God will soon destroy the wicked ones from the earth to achieve everlasting peace n security for the righteous ones who deserve everlasting life n the bad ones everlasting destruction.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:21 | Report Abuse

simple minded*

*the world and universe have always been the same. The sun has been shining since the time of creation? And will shine forever ?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:25 | Report Abuse

Then I asked my secretary, " Yes, write that down: inflexible thinking, simple minded. Do you think he is suitable for the job?"

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2019-12-31 11:25 | Report Abuse

In my life time I only see new things are created n nothing is evolved from nothing except bacteria being mututated from one organism to another stronger one but within bacteria family.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:26 | Report Abuse

My secretary (of many years) replied thoughtfully, " It depends on where we want to place him to guard!"

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:35 | Report Abuse

Scientists had observe something amazing: the evolution of a completely new species, in the wild, in real-time. And it took just two generations.

Genomic sequencing and the analysis of physical characteristics have confirmed the new species of Darwin's finch.

There are at least 15 species of Darwin's finches - it's two of these species that came together in what is called species hybridisation to create an entirely new one.

Hybrid species are often sterile, or reproduce with difficulty - and that did not prove to be the case with these new chicks. A new lineage began - it had to.

The birds had a different song from G. fortis, as well as different beak size and shape, and these are what the finches use to attract mates. Reproductively, the new species was completely isolated, and had to mate within its own kind to survive.

Nonetheless, it was an uphill battle. During droughts on the island in 2002-2003, when the new lineage was in its fourth generation, all but two of the birds died.

Then they rallied.

"When the rains came again, the brother and sister mated with each other and produced 26 offspring," Rosemary Grant said in an interview last year.

"All but nine survived to breed - a son bred with his mother, a daughter with her father, and the rest of the offspring with each other - producing a terrifically inbred lineage."

Because the hybrid finches were bigger than the native populations, they were able to access previously unexploited food choices, and survive. At the Grants' most recent visit to the island in 2012, they counted 23 individuals and 8 breeding pairs of the birds.

This success means, the researchers noted, that hybridisation could have occurred many times in Darwin's finches in the past, resulting in new species that either became extinct or evolved to become the species we know today.

Charles Darwin, if still alive, would have been on cloud nine.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:39 | Report Abuse

Then I asked her, "Where and what should he be guarding?"

Sslee

4,871 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-12-31 11:41 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha
Inflexibility (rigid in thinking) and lack of ability to think out of box, out of board or out of dimension.
O O O
O O O
O O O
Once I draw nine dots in a square on the board and ask can we join all this 9 dots in
1. 4 lines?
2. 3 lines?
3. 1 line?

Thank you

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 11:59 | Report Abuse

I know this one. The dots create an imaginery limiting box that makes many fail to perform

Up_down

4,283 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2019-12-31 12:01 | Report Abuse

The illusion of separateness - Indra's net . It's another framework avoiding us from questioning no answer question like the 'beginning' and the 'end'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD9og3ylAzg

Posted by EngineeringProfit > Dec 31, 2019 8:06 AM | Report Abuse

Why so long ~ 10 billion years?

Shortly after the Big Bang, the primordial nucleosynthesis happened and generated abundance of hydrogen and helium, i.e. the two lightest elements with an atomic number 1 and 2 respectively, which still dominate over the other elements that are rare compared to them.

Although hydrogen and helium make up respectively ≈ 92 and ≈ 7% of the baryonic matter in the universe, the other elements i.e. the remaining 1% is huge physical masses that have led to the emergence of life.

Within a diameter of over 93 billion light years, containing over 120 to 300 sextillion stars, it is estimated that the there are between 1078 to 1082 atoms ( between ten quadrillion vigintillion and one-hundred thousand quadrillion vigintillion) atoms. in the known, observable universe.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 12:03 | Report Abuse

My secretary said he was suited for military operational type - strictly and stubbornly adhering to rules and obeying superior's commands are more important than to think on his own.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 12:04 | Report Abuse

He was so happy that he got hired by us. And guess what he was assigned to secure?

chinaman

3,221 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2019-12-31 12:07 | Report Abuse

waloe... your secretary is dictatorial, rigid leadership in the dynamic world...sure died fast. wakaka

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 12:12 | Report Abuse

After working with us till his retirement age, finally he asked me during his farewell party:

"Why did you ask me about dinosaur at the hiring interview? And what did I answer correctly?"

Haha. My secretary laughed. I just smiled, patted him at his back (kind of telling him what a good job he had done from his very first working day) and handed him a farewell gift and a cheque.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 12:18 | Report Abuse

Posted by Sslee Hahahaha
Inflexibility (rigid in thinking) and lack of ability to think out of box, out of board or out of dimension.

This puzzle reminds me of Plato's Cave and its profound lesson - no scholars are ever complete without bearing them in mind

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 12:27 | Report Abuse

Plato’s Allegory of the Cave: Life Lessons on How to Think for Yourself.

(Inferior educators dictate what and how his students should think. Mediocre educators dictate what his students should know. Superior educators cultivate the habits of thinking in his students.)

See human beings as though they were in an underground cave-like dwelling with its entrance, a long one, open to the light across the whole width of the cave. They are in it from childhood with their legs and necks in bonds so that they are fixed, seeing only in front of them, unable because of the bond to turn their head all the way around.”

Every day, these people in the caves watched shadows projected on a blank wall. For them, these shadows are real and they shape their entire reality.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 12:30 | Report Abuse

How Does this Apply to Your Life?

The best way to learn from Plato’s Allegory of the Cave, is to think of the people trapped in the cave as majority of people in the world.

The cave people believed that the shadows they saw were the “truth,” just like majority of the world who believe in and pursue shadows based on money, education, fame, love and so on.

These are generally the ideas and social norms that we’ve been told to stick to from childhood because of the majority consensus.

Unfortunately, thinking like this often leads to a life of missed opportunities and mediocrity because you’d never realise how much more of reality actually existed outside the “cave.”

What about the person who escaped the cave?

This represents the small handful of people who dare to think and act in a different way from the crowd.

They don’t have an imagined “shadow” reality because they’ve stepped outside their comfort zone into the “sunshine” to uncover the true reality of life.

These people live a life with limitless possibilities and often change the course of history (think Martin Luther King, Steve Jobs, Isaac Newton and so on).

It’s not because they’re better than everyone else that they’ve “escaped the cave”. It’s simply because they’ve made a decision to consistently step outside their comfort zone, face their fears and think in a unique way.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 12:56 | Report Abuse

The Science and Karma Of Engineering Mediocrity, Misery and Poverty In the Magically Miraculous and Limitless' 21st Century

Failure of education system to neither equip them with the up-to-date most adaptive mindset, nor encourage, facilitate, support the people stepping out of their comfort zone and start to think of revolutionary ideas about life, the world and universal laws.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 13:05 | Report Abuse

The Science and Karma of Survival

Out of Comfort Zone, Out of Africa: What earlier human taught us?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_human_migrations

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2019-12-31 13:13 | Report Abuse

If a god,A, needs to be created by creator(B),then who is the creator of B,the who is the creator of creator of B,then at the end who is the last creator of all creators.The final answer is the almighty God,Jehovah who created all things over infinite times.

Sslee

4,871 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-12-31 15:35 | Report Abuse

Dear Fam Jenny,
Early man created many cave drawing to tell the story of his environment, observation and life. The story get pass down from generation to generation until the invention of written language. The story is then retold in written language crafted into stone or wood and later written into skin and paper.

Later man then re-interpreted the story-telling into written scripture and it is in this scripture that the god is created.

As of who create this world and everything in it? We now know every things are basically make-up of atoms and atoms were created during the Big Bang. Stars, planets, galaxies were formed by the cold down dusts from the Big Bang.

Planet that have the right conditions with protective atmosphere of N2, O2, CO2 with land and liquid water and when lightning strike the atmosphere the supercharge atmosphere gases created the first life of simple organic material which later form cell and this cell, multiple, mutate and evolve into living organism some of these living organisms already extinct due to natural selection, survivor of fittest from climate change. What we see now are those survive the natural selection or survivors of the fittest.

The question now is will man survive the next climate change?

Thank you

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 16:08 | Report Abuse

A Long Crawl To Morality, Revelation and Prayers

Mammals were derived in the Triassic Period (about 252 million to 201 million years ago) from members of the reptilian order Therapsida.

The first apes evolved about 25 million years ago and by 20 million years ago were a very diverse group. Within the last 10 million years, however, many ape species became extinct as the earth’s climate cooled and dried and their forested environments changed to woodland and grassland. There are now only about 20 living species of apes and they are divided into two major groups. These are the: Lesser Apes, containing the gibbons; Great Apes, containing the hominidae.

Homo Erectus, who lived from 1.8 million years ago, invented language and used it to hunt and build boats to colonise remote islands such as Flores in Java and Crete. Evidence narrows the timing of this hominid’s final stand on Java to about 100,000 years ago. They arrived on Java by about 1.6 million years ago. It’s possible that Homo floresiensis, controversial half-sized hominids nicknamed hobbits, and recently reported Homo luzonensis in the Philippines evolved from H. erectus.

Fossil remains of Homo naledi discovered in a South African cave suggest they lived around the same time as our ancestors, the first evidence of another species of hominin coexisting with the first humans in Africa. Both in Africa and Eurasia, H. sapiens Homo who appeared more than 200,000-300000 years ago in East Africa, met with and interbred with archaic humans. In fact, the signal is discernible: all non-Africans, from the New Guineans to the French to the Han Chinese, carry somewhere between one and four per cent Neanderthal (an extinct species or subspecies of archaic humans who lived in Eurasia until about 40,000 years ago) DNA.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 16:19 | Report Abuse

Sapiens first exited Africa close to 194,000 years ago making it to southern China soon after, perhaps by 139,000 years ago, and Australia 65,000 years ago. Hybrid, such as the Iwo Eleru, Nazlet Khater and Red Deer Cave people had been found in various parts of Africa and in Asia. A number of European fossils from the last 50,000 years have characteristics that are the result of archaic and modern humans interbreeding. Evidence showed pockets of archaic humans surviving in West Africa until at least 13,000 years ago.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 16:24 | Report Abuse

First Sin?

A consequence of human migrations into new regions of the world has been the extinction of many animal species indigenous to those areas.

By 11,000 years ago, human hunters in the New World apparently had played a part in the extermination of 135 species of mammals, including 3/4 of the larger ones (mammoths, mastodons, giant sloths, etc.).

Human hunters caused major disruption to the food web and ecosystem.

Hunting top predators (mostly saber-toothed cats, lions, and dire-wolves) very likely disrupted the equilibrium between large herbivores and their predators. As a consequence there was a major ecosystem disruption resulting in the rapid decline of both non-human carnivores and their prey. Humans were very likely the trigger that set off this "trophic cascade". Unlike most other major predators, people survived by switching their food quest to smaller animals and plants.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 16:51 | Report Abuse

Posted by Sslee Dear Fam Jenny,
Early man created many cave drawing to tell the story of his environment, observation and life. The story get pass down from generation to generation until the invention of written language. The story is then retold in written language crafted into stone or wood and later written into skin and paper.

Later man then re-interpreted the story-telling into written scripture and it is in this scripture that the god is created.

As personal affair is ok. Problem arises when these scriptures are being misused to keep the people enslaved in the Plato's Cave.

Karma effect for doing so?

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2019-12-31 16:55 | Report Abuse

When God reveals himself during Armaggedon his power n starts to finish the unrighteous ones then only you can acknowledge Him as true God,isn't it.Then it is your choice but not mine.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 17:23 | Report Abuse

Karma : The Armagedon Clock Continues to Tick As Long As Human Perpetuates The Ecosystem Disruption

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 17:27 | Report Abuse

Karma 2

Human activities that cause damage (either directly or indirectly) to the environment on a global scale include uncontrolled reproduction, overconsumption, overexploitation of natural resources, pollution, deforestation, etc

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2019-12-31 17:32 | Report Abuse

4.6 billon....haha...i wish i have 460k

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 17:33 | Report Abuse

2018 study published in PNAS found that 83% of wild mammals, 80% of marine mammals, 50% of plants and 15% of fish have been lost since the dawn of human civilization.

*Currently, livestock make up 60% of the biomass of all mammals on earth, followed by humans (36%) and wild mammals (4%)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 17:44 | Report Abuse

Earliest Deforestation : Transforming A Rainforest Into Savanna

A new study says that the activities of early humans — and not simply a dramatic shift in climate — played a significant role in transforming the ancient rainforests of Central Africa into savanna.

In an analysis of sediment cores taken from the mouth of the Congo River, a team of scientists found evidence that weathering of clay sediment samples, which had been consistent for thousands of years, intensified abruptly about 3,000 years ago, indicating a significant increase in deforestation.

According to their study, published online in Science, this shift coincided with the arrival of Bantu-speaking farmers from present-day Nigeria and Cameroon. While this forest disturbance was likely triggered by prolonged dry spells that destroyed rainforest, as previous research has concluded, the Science study indicates that climate change was exacerbated by human land use, including the clearing of forests for farming and iron-smelting.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-12-31 17:50 | Report Abuse

2020 Food For Thought : Stop Armaggeddon Clock And Reverse Karma

Post a Comment
Market Buzz