SMRT HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): SMRT (0117)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.03 (3.00%)

Day's Change

0.96 - 1.05

Trading Volume

12 people like this.

6,315 comment(s). Last comment by OppenHermes 1 day ago

cipapo

1,288 posts

Posted by cipapo > 2015-01-22 11:08 | Report Abuse

BV- Bavani....run man...volume is dying

lsgan168

13 posts

Posted by lsgan168 > 2015-01-22 11:37 | Report Abuse

Someone is collecting at 0.595.

kellysgk

268 posts

Posted by kellysgk > 2015-01-22 11:39 | Report Abuse

I buy this at 0.70 .. now still losing money. Haih.. Why this keep dropping? Shall I sell it? Can some sifu aadvise me?

gauss

118 posts

Posted by gauss > 2015-01-22 14:39 | Report Abuse

Cold Eye: "if the price drop after your bought a company shares, the company fundamental didn't changed at all, do you dare to buy more again? If you not dare, you should not bought the share at the beginning"

gauss

118 posts

Posted by gauss > 2015-01-22 14:40 | Report Abuse

@kellysgk, I bought at 0.8x, again at 0.7x, and again at 0.6x...probably will be 0.5, 0.4, 0.3. I don't care at all =D

gauss

118 posts

Posted by gauss > 2015-01-22 14:41 | Report Abuse

Warrent Buffet: "If you like to eat hamburger, would you hope that its price go up or down?" LOL

Luffyking

30 posts

Posted by Luffyking > 2015-01-22 15:02 | Report Abuse

Run lo if sked. Institute is throwing ..

kellysgk

268 posts

Posted by kellysgk > 2015-01-22 15:02 | Report Abuse

Gauss : so sad it drop again.. but I'm not cold eye and warrant buffet.. no rich like them... haih

winmore

115 posts

Posted by winmore > 2015-01-22 15:03 | Report Abuse

lol, gogogo and buy more! cheap stocks! second round of squeezing ikan bilis!!

newbiehere

197 posts

Posted by newbiehere > 2015-01-22 15:08 | Report Abuse

haha i just laugh at this counter. i just sit here wait 55c then i sapu all. ahaha

Posted by workworkwork > 2015-01-22 15:31 | Report Abuse

This counter is weaker than i earlier tot... too bad cant short sell... else would have short it down further...

Come on... sell it down...

Collect at cheaper price... no BV effect dy... keep dropping... the Dr Palan not strong as the ifca owner... no power to push

Sell it down! Haha

gauss

118 posts

Posted by gauss > 2015-01-22 15:38 | Report Abuse

Everyone so happy when price down, haha =D

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 15:45 | Report Abuse

I like your strategy @gauss....
Cheers....

kellysgk

268 posts

Posted by kellysgk > 2015-01-22 16:08 | Report Abuse

This one really make me sad.. this is my 2nd stocks invest in msia. And loss money.. I think stock market is not suitable me... :(

smurfbee

1,439 posts

Posted by smurfbee > 2015-01-22 16:12 | Report Abuse

I recommend that you keep based on the fundamental and the potential available if they successfully turn around MEGB. Its up to you.... all here have vested interest... :)

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 16:31 | Report Abuse

Kelly o' Kelly...., few months down the road you will be knocking your head and said I should have listen to smurfbee if you let go now......... ; )

Be prepare that this baby might not be at rock bottom yet, no one knows , may be only Palan & his team.....as they are pondering on the price for the pp now....

marcofu88

398 posts

Posted by marcofu88 > 2015-01-22 17:59 | Report Abuse

This is employees punya benefit la....tak ada kenal mengenal with us

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 18:13 | Report Abuse

??

kellysgk

268 posts

Posted by kellysgk > 2015-01-22 18:23 | Report Abuse

Tornado : sad sad lo .. haih .. now my money all stuck here .. no money for new year anymore .. CEO so bad la .. :(

Kingston1

1,716 posts

Posted by Kingston1 > 2015-01-22 18:25 | Report Abuse

look at the trend .. dont know what will be the pp price .. could it be higher than current price? if lower than current price we all ham ka chan ...

angang

54 posts

Posted by angang > 2015-01-22 18:35 | Report Abuse

no problem for long term..it is a good share..

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 20:53 | Report Abuse

@Kelly:- SMRT was once a counter for fast money, the fundament has change after smrt decided to joint venture with creador to buy over megb. The end result will either be a million of goods or a million of bads for SMRT. It is going to be a 80/20 bet with higher than 80% success rate, my personal view.

I cannot think of any internal bad factors that would failed this marriage. SMRT has the skills and experiences in education space, they have past track record in turning around Cyberjaya University of Medical College Science into a much sought after education centre. Creador is a savvy private investment entity that has great track record in multi-fold return for equity investment , Bonita / Old Town.....

The 20% risk may be due to external factors that are beyond SMRT/Creador controlled, to name one e.g.. change in gov policy in foreign students intake ..... As you can see now that they are rebranding MEGB's university to " Asia Metropolitan University " .... so I believe they already have a list of countries that they are eyeing for the new students intake to beef up the number of students in MEGB.

BV said they will need a year to turn around MEGB, that is a very bullish statement and I trust him.

Sit back and relax, by paying 60 to 70 cent a shares , you have hire a bunch of top notch educationists ; strategists and analysts working for you, where to find such a good deal...
Just imagine , would you be able to start up a university with a few 10Ks, let alone, having top notch people working in your edu centre.

You are now in the business sit back , relax , enjoy the ride..... Most likely , you have have a big fat 2016 new year to make up for your 2015 thrifty new years.,,

Cheers, Tornado

kimkowlee

562 posts

Posted by kimkowlee > 2015-01-22 21:08 | Report Abuse

Good information. Look have good potential. Tomolo will see up trend.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 21:30 | Report Abuse

@kimkowlee, I have great return for investing into ifca, scicom and ghlsys.....
It was BV name + a fews i3 guardian angel in those counters that brought me to those counters , you see , they had help me saving lot of time in conducting the details analysis or the need to spend tons of money attending financial courses.... lol ; )

Besides having faith in his analyst team , all I need to do is just press the buy button.....

kimkowlee

562 posts

Posted by kimkowlee > 2015-01-22 21:48 | Report Abuse

Thanks Tornado for your kind sharing.

winmore

115 posts

Posted by winmore > 2015-01-22 22:05 | Report Abuse

Thanks Tornado! Very comforting at times like this. We need to stay confident with this counter.

kellysgk

268 posts

Posted by kellysgk > 2015-01-22 22:18 | Report Abuse

Really appreciate for spending so much of time giving this statement, Tornado. I was so sad before i read your comments, at least now u r gaves me a strong injection for my heart. I saw people above mentioned about private placement, may I know what is that mean? How would it affect this stock? I heard my friend said stock will drop bcos of this, is it real? Sorry I'm too new for this.. but I'm just worry.

gauss

118 posts

Posted by gauss > 2015-01-22 23:07 | Report Abuse

"placement" - the company issue new share into market to get money.
"private placement" - doing the same thing, but the share will go to private party, of course the money from private party as well.

Yes. You are right. SMRT is proposing 10% placement of its capital. means that all the share will be diluted 10% (amount of total share will be increase to 10%). Probably use the money to buy MEGB. Usually Mr. market will give bad response to shares placement, but as a shareholders we didn't lose anything since we indirectly own some assets from MEGB. Depends on which point you stand from, buy a company's shares is just like owning a company, its "value" not really can measure from what Mr. market ask for you.

Guys, correct me if I'm wong, I don't want to misleading people.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 23:10 | Report Abuse

Kelly, you are Ms Kiasu n I am Mr Kiasi , so I do not dump my money into SMRT for fun or to gamble. All investment bear some risks, equity market is a high risk investment , however, at this juncture, the journey has just begun, there is no need to start pressing on the panic button. Instead, this volatility create better chances for those who has not gotten on board to buy cheap..., but frankly, as I said in my previous post, I do not know where is the rock bottom, only the management team know, as the team is pondering on the price of pp (private placement).

Private Placement is a way, other than issuing Right Issue, for public company to collect fund from private investors to fund company's projects and expansion and usually it is at a discount from the company stock price to attract investors. This PP is to provide SMRT a fund to buy the 20+% of megb stock. Stock's rise & drop according to company performance or market sentiment, less likely due to PP unless some manipulation involve.... usually there is a tenure for PP investors to hang on to the stock before any disposal could be done. If there is none, some fast gun may capitalise on the discount to make some fast money upon listing and resulted in an immediate drop in the stock price... I believe in SMRT management in getting the right group of investor....

There is no 100% guaranteed return in equity market , unless you invest in a very well establish company but you probably end up earning dividend only but not capital gain. And at bearish market you may end up loosing a lot on paper as those well establish company are very pricey.

My advise is to stay vested , the journey has just began, you got to give the management sometime to proof the capability to perform well.
If you still feel not comfortable then reduce your portfolio to a level that you will be comfortable if she drop further.

AlphaTrader, pls correct me if I am wrong.

gauss

118 posts

Posted by gauss > 2015-01-22 23:17 | Report Abuse

@kellysgk: If you feel uncomfortable, when you free you can go bypass SMRT office, or go to Cyberjaya University of Medical College Science walk walk. Management already said they will take 1 year to turn around MEGB, not "tomorrow my share will be goreng to sky high"...

Investment only can use super hyper "free" money, not any urgent money. For example someone plan to buy house in next year, but feel like current saving not enough, so now come to shares market earn some fast money...like this I will say "stock god bless you"...You need to have infinity holding power to buy a GOOD company.

If SMRT success to turn around MEGB, target price RM1.20 sap sap sui. with average price RM0.60, 1 year can gain 100% return. (Man! you better than Warrent Buffet leh!!! Joking...) Cheer...

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 23:24 | Report Abuse

AlphaTrader, I believe base on below 3 known factors , you could guesstimate the targeted PP price, would you like to share some insight with the worried fellow Smartens here

1. to buy 23% megb stock at 60c
2. Private Placement 10% of PAID-UP SHARE CAPITAL OF SMRT
3. currrent disposable cash on hand

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 23:26 | Report Abuse

@gauss:- ; )

kimkowlee

562 posts

Posted by kimkowlee > 2015-01-22 23:51 | Report Abuse

May I know what is the private placement price? Just to compare to current market price.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-22 23:54 | Report Abuse

do not know yet @lee
the pp is not yet approve by bursa malaysia

kimkowlee

562 posts

Posted by kimkowlee > 2015-01-22 23:58 | Report Abuse

Thanks. After go through your valuable information, will monitor this stock for all of us to manage some returns.

kellysgk

268 posts

Posted by kellysgk > 2015-01-23 00:27 | Report Abuse

Thanks Tornado and gauss for sharing your precious thoughts and experience. I had a very good lesson tonight from you all. Although I invest with free money but still very kiasu and kiasi like what Mr Tornado said. Honestly speaking, I bought this stocks bcos one of my friend recommend to me. All I know is this company going to transfer to main board, company is under education sector and going to merge with another company megb. However recently I realized the price keep dropping where else most of the stocks were up like nobody business. That's Why I worry and came into this forum to find out more details and resolve my concern. I find you guys are really friendly and helpful especially Tornado and gauss : )

Hopes I could learn more investment knowledge from you all in future if I have a chance : )

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-23 00:51 | Report Abuse

Kelly:- I am also newbies who is learning hard, do not take my word for it.... take it as a reference
will do......
****************************************************************************************************************************

23% of MEGB :- 410mil shares x 0.23 x 60s = 56 millions
10% PP @60c market price:- 235 mil x 0.1 x ( 60c x 0.9 <10% disc> ) = 12.5 mil
Profit Retain base on last Q report = 36 million

Still a few millions short....

Scenario 1. Coming financial report earning could fill the gap, that would be a quantum leap in
earnings.......

Scenario 2. An additional bank loan might be needed, hopefully this is not the case.....

if scenerio 1. happen :- stock price will rebound sharply, trapped punters can take profit. ; )

If scenario 2. :- trapped punters need to join long term investors for megb to turn around ; (

Is my calculation correct ? Any Accounting Sifu can chip in some help.....

aliimam

471 posts

Posted by aliimam > 2015-01-23 06:51 | Report Abuse

DONT WORRY SIT TIGHT .

YOUR SCENARIO NO 1 WILL BE IN PROGRESS VERY SOON.

I will surely not agree with ur calculation .

23% of MEGB :- 410mil shares x 0.23 x 90s = 85 millions or
23% of MEGB :- 410mil shares x 0.23 x 1.20s = 114 millions

aliimam

471 posts

Posted by aliimam > 2015-01-23 06:58 | Report Abuse

megb midterm range will remain intact at 1.20
megb long term range will remain intact at 1.50

infact everyone is calculating smrt. it should be opposite calculation.

so smrt midterm range will remain intact at 1.50
smrt long term range will remain intact at 2.20.

i know many of u people will get a shock after reading this.
but i bet with you this will be the result .

so dont panic and enjoy the ride.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-23 07:38 | Report Abuse

Cheers, aliimam

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-23 07:58 | Report Abuse

aliiman, if megb goes up sure smrt will follow suit, since anything beyond 60c for megb is an automatic gain for smrt.....

I strongly agreed with that we should look at megb stock price instead of smrt......., smrt market price it is a no brainer ; )

angang

54 posts

Posted by angang > 2015-01-23 08:06 | Report Abuse

cheers..support you all..smrt up up

aliimam

471 posts

Posted by aliimam > 2015-01-23 08:22 | Report Abuse

@Tornado.
if u can see my previous posting i told all guys u average down the smrt because everyone started to buy that stock at that time,
u always sell on news.
u will always get a chance to buy that stock at lower rates.
HOLD and Average (if u have bought at higher price) u will be handsomely rewarded soon.

helang008

139 posts

Posted by helang008 > 2015-01-23 08:45 | Report Abuse

@allimam
trying average down but bullet almost finishing ..... and wonder where is bottom TT

aliimam

471 posts

Posted by aliimam > 2015-01-23 08:51 | Report Abuse

already hit bottom . now consolidating around bottom to form a base level . soon will launch from here

aliimam

471 posts

Posted by aliimam > 2015-01-23 08:55 | Report Abuse

smrt will not go like rocket / it will form staircase formation base level . to best of my knowledge and skills smrt will start its engine soon to record high levels

helang008

139 posts

Posted by helang008 > 2015-01-23 09:02 | Report Abuse

next target range between 0.55- 0.58 one more inject..
other counter all fly now, bit unbalance ,,,,, haha

esl_22

1,719 posts

Posted by esl_22 > 2015-01-23 09:24 | Report Abuse

Index already 1,805.240.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-23 09:34 | Report Abuse

I think 0.53~0.55 would be a better buy range.......

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-01-23 09:34 | Report Abuse

I meant safer

Post a Comment