CIMB GROUP HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CIMB (1023)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.07 (0.88%)

Day's Change

7.84 - 8.00

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

18,445 comment(s). Last comment by enning22 18 hours ago

joetay10

115 posts

Posted by joetay10 > 2018-08-29 13:36 | Report Abuse

yesterday went up by 12sens, of cos red today.

even if take calis, effect cannot last more than 1 day.

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-29 14:07 | Report Abuse

CIMB Group posts Q2 net profit of RM1.98b, Div 13c

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/08/29/cimb-group-posts-q2-net-profit-of-rm1pt98b-div-13c/

KUALA LUMPUR: CIMB Group Holdings Bhd posted net profit of RM1.98bil in the second quarter ended June 30, 2018 (Q2 FY18)which was an 80% increase, compared with RM1.10bil a year ago.

The banking group announced on Wednesday its revenue increased by 12.4% to RM4.863bil from RM4.327bil. Earnings per share were 21.29 sen compared with 12.25 sen.

It declared a first interim net dividend of 13 sen per share to be paid via cash or an optional dividend reinvestment scheme.

CIMB said the total interim dividend totalled RM1.22bil, translating to a dividend payout ratio of 51.6% of H1, FY18 net profits.

In the first half (H1, FY18), its net profit jumped 43.9% to a record RM3.286bil from RM2.282bil. Its revenue increased by 5.5% to RM9.16bil from RM8.68bil.

CIMB Group said the H1 FY18 earnings were boosted by a gain from the sale of 20% of CIMB-Principal Asset Management (CPAM) and 10% of CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management (CPIAM) amounting to RM928mil.

This raised the group’s first half return on average equity to 11.5%, and reduced its cost-to-income ratio (CIR) to 46.1%.

“On a business-as-usual (BAU) basis, profit before tax (PBT) was RM3.27bil for H1, FY18 representing a 7.4% year-on-year growth.

“Lower on-year operating expenses of 7.3% and loan loss provisions of 29.4% contributed to the group’s increase in H1, FY18 BAU net profit by 3.3% on-year to RM2.36bil.

“This was achieved despite a 5.2% on-year drop in operating income due to weaker capital markets in Malaysia,” it said.

Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Aziz, Group CEO, CIMB Group said: “We are pleased with our record net profit of RM3.29bil, contributed partly by the RM928mil gain from the strategic realignment of our shareholding in CPAM and CPIAM, which also provided an uplift of 15bps to our CET1.

“Consumer banking chalked a stellar performance, posting a 34.7% Y-o-Y increase in PBT; while commercial banking’s PBT rose by 19.9% on-year. The weaker markets in Malaysia, however, contributed to a lower PBT for wholesale banking,” he said.

Jururawat

270 posts

Posted by Jururawat > 2018-08-29 14:12 | Report Abuse

Wow suddenly all the big name visiting here....
All welcome :)

jiunn

866 posts

Posted by jiunn > 2018-08-29 15:10 | Report Abuse

Lai Lai Lai....Bunga sudah Buka...

Sapo...Sapo..Sapo.

Lets have SMA200 takedown first before climbing higher.

Posted by kelvin_ik4u > 2018-08-29 15:35 | Report Abuse

There is a high potential, there will be a special dividend payout together from this ONE-time sellout of CPAM & CPIAM of RM928mil (EPS 9.0 sen/share). If to follow standard CIMB policy of paying out total 51% dividend per annum, that mean this year will be an increase payout of dividend soon! Some current price is undervalued, potential to shoot up above 7.00

Posted by armadasaxon > 2018-08-29 15:39 | Report Abuse

noob here ..can i know why good results will push share price up?
I tot we see the dividend.Like now is 12 sen ..on what reason or basis it will go up to rm 7 and not only rm 6.20(6.08+12sen)

Posted by Fortune Bull > 2018-08-29 15:49 | Report Abuse

I don't mind my good friend Tan Sri Koon come and promote Cimb! I mean, who doesn't like tons of purple notes coming down like rain here!

Jururawat

270 posts

Posted by Jururawat > 2018-08-29 15:51 | Report Abuse

@risktransformer finally, i add some 6.12
Cheers

:D :D. :'D

Jururawat

270 posts

Posted by Jururawat > 2018-08-29 16:01 | Report Abuse

@Fortune Bull cimb no need kyy. We know cimb was a passive counter and we just invited or uninvited FDI to cimb

Posted by armadasaxon > 2018-08-29 16:43 | Report Abuse

from last yr chart,aftter announce result it hike and then came down ..until dividend date anonounce..so careful?

CharlieSim

1,254 posts

Posted by CharlieSim > 2018-08-29 17:13 | Report Abuse

Bulls ran out of steam...sigh

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-29 18:46 | Report Abuse

I think I should add some too tomorrow (if price come down a bit)..... today I was too busy with other counters.

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-29 19:27 | Report Abuse

The new support is at RM5.80 and the next resistance (new) is at RM6.56 and another resistance at RM6.86 (so, definitely it won't shoot up to RM7.00 just yet). The RSI is currently 71.8%; it may go stronger a bit to around 80%... getting overbought or overpriced. Hence, any upward price movement could be limited. Furthermore, tomorrow will be the last trading day for this week (Friday holiday)... so, there would be profit taking b4 the long weekend holiday.

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-29 19:35 | Report Abuse

It is a good time to top up around this time and anywhere between RM6.05 and RM6.10.... then hold for a few weeks patiently.

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-29 20:34 | Report Abuse

can anyone tell why in the first place CIMB dropped from 7 to below 6?

purely to do with Nazir Razak?

is the matter still a concern?

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-29 20:43 | Report Abuse

Yes, it started dropping after May 09 election result. I think that matter is slowly subsiding... so the price start coming up again.

Save

849 posts

Posted by Save > 2018-08-29 23:55 | Report Abuse

Today reverse chart pattern is because of profit taking due to slightly lower operation results yoy. hope tomorrow it won't break below 6. too late to know it, I am on board and forgotten to sell today.
http://nexttrade.blogspot.com/2018/08/cimb-better-profits.html

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 02:11 | Report Abuse

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/cimb-higher-first-half-net-profit-on-gains-from-stake-sales-10663406

KUALA LUMPUR: CIMB Group Holdings said on Wednesday (Aug 29) that its net profit for the first half of the year rose44 per cent to RM3.29 billion (US$801 million) from the same period last year, and that it was optimistic about the bank's performance for the rest of the year.

Net profit for second quarter alone was RM1.98 billion, compared with RM1.1 billion a year earlier, the bank said.

"It's only been the first two months into the second half, but judging from the pipeline that we have, we should see at least the same if not better performance in the second half," group CEO Zafrul Aziz told reporters on Wednesday after announcing the first-half results.

The higher profit was bolstered by a gain from the sale of 20 per cent of CIMB-Principal Asset Management and 10 per cent of CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management amounting to RM928 million.

ON TRACK TO ACHIEVE LOAN GROWTH TARGET

Advertisement

Zafrul said the group was quite optimistic and on track to achieve its loan growth target of 6 per cent this year, despite only registering a 3.4 per cent growth for the period under review, which was dragged down by subsidiary CIMB Niaga and the weakening of the Indonesian rupiah.

However, Zafrul said he believed the worst was over for the Indonesian operation, driven by the macro and regional economic conditions and a business re-calibration that was progressing well.

By segment, Zafrul said consumer and commercial banking had performed well during the first half, but wholesale banking was dragged by the capital market, particularly the equity and bond markets, but would perform better moving forward.

As for consumer banking, he said that the group saw a steady loan growth of 4 per cent year year-on-year, mainly attributable to mortgages loan which grew by 10 per cent and partly driven by the tax holiday period (June to August).

Despite the reimplementation of the Sales and Service Tax on Sept 1, Zafrul said he expected the impact on consumer banking to be minimal and that growth in this segment would sustain this year.

GROWTH PROSPECTS

Zafrul also anticipated a strong set of numbers for the second half for all countries that CIMB operates in, including Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia.

"CIMB Malaysia is expected to track the domestic economy and investment climate. CIMB Singapore's prospects will be driven by regional economic conditions, while CIMB Thai and CIMB Niaga’s business recalibration initiatives are progressing well," Zafrul said.

Moving forward, the group is relatively cautious on the growth prospect in view of rising global tensions and market uncertainties but would remain focused on achieving its targets, subject to recovery in the capital market and improved asset quality across the countries it operated in, he added.

He added the group was finalising its next mid-term growth plan which would be strongly premised on customers, people and sustainability.

The group has declared a first interim net dividend of 13.00 sen per share to be paid via cash or an optional dividend reinvestment scheme.

The total interim dividend amounts to about RM1.22 billion, translating to a dividend payout ratio of 51.6 per cent of net profit in the first half.

Separately, Zafrul declined to comment on market speculation that its group chairman Nazir Razak - the brother of former Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak - is stepping down following changes in the top management of CIMB's major shareholder Khazanah Nasional.

"He is still our group chairman, our non-executive group chairman, so I am not sure what you are implying, there is no change," said Zafrul.

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 02:13 | Report Abuse

Nazir Razak is still our chairman says CIMB Group CEO , there’s no deadline for him to leave the bank . His contract officially ends in September 2019 .

https://twitter.com/MelGohCNA/status/1034730652183089153

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 02:16 | Report Abuse

GROWTH PROSPECTS

Zafrul also anticipated a strong set of numbers for the second half for all countries that CIMB operates in, including Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia.

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 02:20 | Report Abuse

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Markets/Nikkei-Markets/CIMB-Group-s-2Q-net-profit-jumps-nearly-80-on-one-off-gains

For 2018, CIMB aims to raise return-on-equity to 10.5% from 9.6% last year, a target that the bank will likely meet thanks to better capital markets activities in the second half, Zafrul said. The lender will also meet 6% total loan growth amid strong demand for mortgages and corporate loans, he said.

CIMB's ROE target is within reach due to strong loans pipeline in Malaysia that will help offset weakness in Indonesia, said MIDF Amanah Investment Bank's analyst Imran Yassin. However, CIMB needs "to push a bit harder" to maintain cost discipline, he said.

For the first six months, CIMB's net profit climbed 44% to 3.29 billion ringgit from 2.28 billion ringgit over the same period last year.

CIMB is expected to end 2018 with another record net profit after excluding any one-off gains, Zafrul said.
.....................................................................................................................................................

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2018-08-30 11:28 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kenangaresearch/171912.jsp

CIMB Group Holdings - Nothing to Shout About

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 12:02 | Report Abuse

Bought some at RM6.08

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 12:52 | Report Abuse

CIMB expects FY18 to be a record year

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2018/08/29/cimb-expects-fy18-be-record-year

KUALA LUMPUR: CIMB Group Holdings Bhd, which posted a record net profit of RM3.29 billion for the first six months ended June 30, 2018 (1H18), expects a record net profit to ensue for the full year on a stronger performance in 2H18 partly driven by improvement in loan growth.

Group CEO Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Aziz said CIMB is on track to meet its loan growth target of 6% for this year, compared with a weaker-than-expected 0.2% last year hit by its Indonesian business.

It saw a loan growth of 3.4% for 1H18, dragged down by the weakening of rupiah in Indonesia. Excluding foreign exchange fluctuations, its 1H18 loan growth would have been 7%.

"We're still keeping our loan growth target. 1H18 was slower and we're optimistic that in 2H18 we will catch up," Zafrul told a press conference after announcing its 1H18 financial results here today.

"For 2H18, we hope to sustain (performance). It's been a strong two months (July-August), we've seen a pickup in capital markets (from slower capital market activities in 1H18), but also in the region in Thailand and Singapore. We're optimistic. Judging from the pipeline that we have, we should see the same, if not better performance in 2H18," he added.

Zafrul said CIMB is focused on achieving its T18 targets, subject to recovery of capital markets, and continued improvement in asset quality across Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore.

Saying the worst is over for its Indonesian business, he said a rate increase is expected in Indonesia to stabilise the rupiah. On the macro side, it is wary of the currency impact and is also mindful of the election in Indonesia. However he said CIMB Niaga has done well in term of its bottom line, adding that it was the best performing bank in 1H18 in Indonesia.

"If you look at the numbers on Indonesia, the asset quality is better. The problem is the loan growth and this is something that we need to push further and at the same time we're tracking the industry."

For the second quarter ended June 30, 2018, CIMB's net profit jumped 80% to RM1.98 billion from RM1.10 billion a year ago bolstered by a RM928 million gain from the sale of 20% of CIMB-Principal Asset Management and 10% of CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management. Revenue rose 12% to RM4.86 billion from RM4.33 billion in the previous corresponding quarter.

CIMB posted a record net profit of RM3.29 billion for the first half of 2018, up 44% from RM2.28 billion a year ago, bolstered by the disposal gain. Excluding the gain, CIMB's 1H18 earnings was RM2.36 billion, translating to a 3.3% year-on-year growth. Revenue rose 5.5% to RM9.17 billion from RM8.69 billion in the previous year.

Zafrul said CIMB is finalising its next mid-term growth plan post-T18, which will be premised on customers, people and sustainability, among others. He added that any changes to its management are based on performance and will be decided by the board and not one shareholder.

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 12:53 | Report Abuse

It's been a strong two months (July-August), we've seen a pickup in capital markets (from slower capital market activities in 1H18), but also in the region in Thailand and Singapore. We're optimistic. Judging from the pipeline that we have, we should see the same, if not better performance in 2H18," he added.

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 12:59 | Report Abuse

@probability: May I request u not to copy & paste the whole news report here? Kindly just provide a brief caption together with the website link. Those who r interested to find out more will usually click your provided link as I do.

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 14:50 | Report Abuse

easier for others to read ma... its much informative than uninformative comments...note that i am not repeating the news..each of these news have different content

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 15:00 | Report Abuse

If u want it easier for others, u might as well summarize the main points & provide the link as reference.

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-30 15:23 | Report Abuse

lets see anyone else of the same opinion...i will then do accordingly

infact i extract the important point and paste it separately.

furthermore...all info seems important

CharlieSim

1,254 posts

Posted by CharlieSim > 2018-08-30 19:31 | Report Abuse

Surprisingly, stock price didn't behave well

Posted by armadasaxon > 2018-08-30 19:57 | Report Abuse

As above i asking u guru...based on last yr chart..after announce report it drop..until dividend announce..

Why do u think a report will make it fly to rm7?

Oliveoil

330 posts

Posted by Oliveoil > 2018-08-30 21:12 | Report Abuse

When announce dividend ?

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 21:17 | Report Abuse

Last year was announced on 28 Sep & dividend out on 10 Oct.... this year also should b around the same time.

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 21:32 | Report Abuse

@armadasaxon: But one thing different this year from last year is this year we had election on May 9 and when BN lost, it caused CIMB's price to drop RM2.00 (from RM7.30 down to RM5.30).... now only come up a little bit, probably can move up at least 30 sen or 40 sen more b4 the 28 Sep dividend announcement.

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 21:43 | Report Abuse

Also have to compare last year's QR and this year's QR (just out)..... which one gave a better report? were they the same (profit/loss)?

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 21:46 | Report Abuse

Last year's TA chart didn't show the differences as I have explained above.

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-30 21:57 | Report Abuse

@armadasaxon: If u look at last year's MACD histogram around July - Aug and compare it with this year's MACD histogram around July - Aug, u can see that they were very different (more like opposite to each other).

Lee Lee

9 posts

Posted by Lee Lee > 2018-08-31 00:12 | Report Abuse

Still can buy in now?

Jururawat

270 posts

Posted by Jururawat > 2018-08-31 08:53 | Report Abuse

Morning bro risktransformer, I would like to ask you where you get the cimb, public or Maybank historical shares price? Recently the yahoo withdraw the lastest share price. As below link:
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/1023.KL/history?period1=1504139931&period2=1535675931&interval=1d&filter=history&frequency=1d

Larrytrader

1,453 posts

Posted by Larrytrader > 2018-08-31 08:59 | Report Abuse

merdeka Monday up

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-31 09:12 | Report Abuse

Good morning Jururawat! Hmmm..... it seems every website I used to get historical prices have withdrawn their historical data. I didn't realize that till now. As for me, I stopped relying on these websites for historical data since 3 or 4 years ago: I make my own records of daily prices from my broker's trading platform (Maybank IB). I store these data in my computer MS Excel and keep adding everyday's new data.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-08-31 09:12 | Report Abuse

Interesting.....

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-31 09:19 | Report Abuse

@Lee Lee: U have to decide for yourself whether still can buy or not. Everyone of us here is taking our own risk after analyzing past data, TA chart, QR (fundamentals), and news release.

Lee Lee

9 posts

Posted by Lee Lee > 2018-08-31 10:24 | Report Abuse

Will go up?

Jururawat

270 posts

Posted by Jururawat > 2018-08-31 10:30 | Report Abuse

@risktransformer I see, tqvm.
Anyway do u backup the data by manual or automatically done it?

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-31 10:33 | Report Abuse

There's no such thing as "will go up," we can only say "may probably go up."

There is a 55 % probability it may go up in the next 2 weeks. But bear in mind, that also mean there is a 45 % probability it may go down instead. This is what we call risk.

Posted by risktransformer > 2018-08-31 10:38 | Report Abuse

@Jururawat: I key in (record) the data manually (back up automatically in external hard disk) but all my calculations were automatically done by my computer through MS Excel (of course, I have to initially input all the formulas).

Jururawat

270 posts

Posted by Jururawat > 2018-08-31 15:40 | Report Abuse

Waw bro @risktransformer tqvm de... Hari Kemerdekaan didn't go celebrate and help me to find it. Very appreciated!
I have nothing to share with you only my cimb price forecast:
All the share price approximate only with +/- 3%
3.93(18/1/16)
W1:7.39
W2;5.66
W3:11.26
W4:9.92
W5:13.37
WA:11.09
WB:12.22
WC:9.92

Post a Comment