ALCOM GROUP BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ALCOM (2674)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.025 (3.25%)

Day's Change

0.745 - 0.75

Trading Volume

1 person likes this.

5,602 comment(s). Last comment by Robert Waters 2023-05-23 22:32

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 14:52 | Report Abuse

哈哈哈说多无益,讓时间证明一切,可能掉到50sens 那又怎样(您好厉害可以吗)?可能起到3.00您又怎样?照我看您是被alcom 伤到哈哈哈。。

kenari82

429 posts

Posted by kenari82 > 2017-07-05 14:52 | Report Abuse

When is the ex date?

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 14:53 | Report Abuse

我想问下什么PE 24?谢谢。。

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-07-05 15:04 | Report Abuse

I am still holding..... i din even scare.... lose abit not mean will getting hurt.... i only losing 3 digit amount... not 4 or 5 digit.... now i took dividend 600 still got earn....心态最重要

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 15:10 | Report Abuse

alcom 有赚钱他给的股息是很可观,没赚钱就不用说咯。。

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 15:14 | Report Abuse

我想问问pe 24是现在对吗?那么2013alcom 的pe 又是多少?要是您不知道我就跟您说是2013 pe 是51.54...知道吗?做

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 15:18 | Report Abuse

基本面固然要看,不过不是一定准,不过谢谢您提醒pe 24...可能pe 要越高就越好。哈哈哈哈哈

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 15:20 | Report Abuse

yuanlong PE是不是越高越好?

forgot090

997 posts

Posted by forgot090 > 2017-07-05 15:24 | Report Abuse

LPTan68 yuanlong PE是不是越高越好?
05/07/2017 15:20

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

brother 您真的是很幽默,佩服话中有话

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-07-05 15:26 | Report Abuse

[ LPTan68 哈哈哈说多无益,讓时间证明一切,可能掉到50sens 那又怎样(您好厉害可以吗)?可能起到3.00您又怎样?照我看您是被alcom 伤到哈哈哈 ]
Ha, ha, ha. No point talking too much. Let time proves everything. May drop until 50 sen, so what? ( You are very good, aren't you? ) Probably may rise up to 3.00, you so what? From what I see, you must be badly hurt by Alcom. Ha, ha, ha.

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-07-05 15:28 | Report Abuse

[ LPTan68 我想问下什么PE 24?谢谢 ]
I would like to ask, what is PE 24? Thank you.

callme777

1,586 posts

Posted by callme777 > 2017-07-05 15:29 | Report Abuse

This thread not as united as last time. Share price down, unity also down

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-07-05 15:29 | Report Abuse

Investing is all about team work
One person is nothing:
“When I was young, as soon as my brain got excited I turned into an idiot. And when two idiots get together, don’t underestimate their power.”

kenari82

429 posts

Posted by kenari82 > 2017-07-05 15:46 | Report Abuse

Any news when next qr report out?

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-07-05 15:53 | Report Abuse

RJ87: Knowlegde makes a person humble n arrogance makes a person ignorant. Who gives u the right to criticise how people want to invest with their money? The money is not yours in the first place. Only an arrogant n ignorant fool would believe that's his right!!!

carilembu

1,249 posts

Posted by carilembu > 2017-07-05 16:02 | Report Abuse

@jefflim, itu Warren Buffet (WB) tidak cakap GOLDEN PALACE lah. Sekarang manyak olang sulah masuk gaung sebab ikut cakap lu pegi Golden Palace. WB tidak akan beli Alcom sebab saya qoute dia cakap,“Stocks of companies selling commodity-like products should come with a warning label: ‘Competition may prove hazardous to human wealth.’”

Commodity business (in general) are not quality businesses for long-term investors. The reasons is because competition will erode margins and make investing in the business a zero-sum game.

carilembu

1,249 posts

Posted by carilembu > 2017-07-05 16:09 | Report Abuse

@jefflim, kalau lu ikut Warren Buffet, lu akan beli dan simpan 10 tahun DIAM DIAM. Bukan minta olang ikut lu ke ALCOM GOLDEN PALACE tiap tiap hari sampai masuk gaung. Lu cakap humble, tapi lu ingat ALCOM tidak boleh turun. Warren Buffet do not buy any stocks. His criteria is very strict and alcom do not meet his criteria.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-07-05 16:13 | Report Abuse

carilembu: pls refer to my comments properly. I do not encourage people to buy or sell. I only commented based on how I perceived the stock would act n react as I see the day to day trading trend. See the comment below:
Comment is NOT meant as a recommendation to buy or sell. Use infos only as u see fit.
I always advise people to use the infos only BUT YOU must do the critical analysis yourself. No one can tell u when to enter or exit. I always say profit realised is profit made whether big or small. Cause n effect is only due to one's actions ALONE N NOT DUE TO OTHERS!

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-07-05 16:21 | Report Abuse

Carilembu ni ke atau cari pasal? jeff already told not recomend buy or sell...

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-07-05 16:43 | Report Abuse

carilembu: Your definition of a trip to THE GOLDEN PALACE AND MY definition of a trip
to the GOLDEN PALACE MAY BE VERY DIFFERENT. YOURS IS YOU WANT TO MAKE A FAST BUCK BUT I HAVE ALWAYS MAINTAIN THAT to reach there you have to be veeeerrrry patient. Looks like you didn't do a critical self assessment b4 you jump in. See the comment that I always put up PATIENCE IS BITTER BUT THE FRUIT IS SWEET! U r bitter now bcos you don't have the patience! So who's fault is it? Why would I want to keep quiet when I can share infos with all like minded bros in this forum? As I have always pointed out the FORUM IS FOR DISCOURSE AND NOT TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN.

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 16:53 | Report Abuse

jefflim 不用管他的啦,人家气我我不气,我一气中她计。

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-07-05 16:55 | Report Abuse

I heard an oldman told me: when you do investment, whoever gv you tips, you can only use when you see fits, not to blame other when you are using he/she tips when you are losing...

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 16:56 | Report Abuse

今天还是没反弹,量比昨天高了。。。不知道是不是很多人再加注。。。拉出高价就丢低价。。。老板看到喜欢到不的了。。。

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-07-05 16:57 | Report Abuse

Loss money never mind
Most importantly having a healthy life
And don't get too angry over it
Some people just love to see this world burn
:)

Posted by Md Abd Fahmi > 2017-07-05 17:07 | Report Abuse

173 as support?
If yes.. price may go higher then 205
Long way to go.. just hold tight..

xuewenapeng

1,144 posts

Posted by xuewenapeng > 2017-07-05 17:12 | Report Abuse

Will buy at 1.70

RJ87

5,133 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 2017-07-05 17:13 | Report Abuse

Did you get mad at me just because I bought PRADA from my winnings? And you chose to keep your paper gain *although shrinking?

There is something called buy later right? You ego/ignorance so big that you can't buy later after you sell or what? Why you keep coming at me?

Jefflim1234, you are not very good at making a rebuttal. Indeed "Knowledge makes a person humble n arrogance makes a person ignorant". But it has no relevance to our differences here. Keep quoting WB will serve you ill man. Because I admit my ignorance, I dare not make claim like "ALCOM the golden palace" unlike you. I have no ability project 10 years into the future. Perhaps, you failed to relate the statement suits you better.

“If you are not willing to own a stock for 10 years, do not even think about owning it for 10 minutes.”-WB. What he is trying to say is "know what the hell you are doing, or else, don't bother".
He is not trying to tell you to be patient. Common sense should tell you pure waiting won't bear you any fruits.

He is called Oracle of Omaha because he has the ability to see future of the stock he invested in. He knows what's he is doing. I'm not him. I think I can see maybe 1-2 quarters ahead. Haven't earn enough experience to see 10 years. That's why i'm a small timer humbly making small gain here and there. Can only afford PRADA for my GF.

Jefflim1234, you are big timer comparable to Oracle of Omaha?

RJ87

5,133 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 2017-07-05 17:21 | Report Abuse

carilembu, you name says it all.

He did say he is not in love with his stocks. In away, he is tengah "carilembu". Just haven't found the right lembu yet.

Now, the million dollar, who want's to be jefflim1234 lembu and buy over from him 10 years down the road when it's RM50 dollar per share? Who is lembu enough?

P.S. He would hv made million dollar if ALCOM trades at RM50.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-07-05 17:32 | Report Abuse

PlsGiveBonus: You r v correct. HEALTH IS WEALTH. No need to bother with arrogant n uncivilised people who cannot even have a PROPER DISCOURSE. However nothing is lost when u have NOT SOLD ANYTHING.

xuewenapeng

1,144 posts

Posted by xuewenapeng > 2017-07-05 17:35 | Report Abuse

Cool down all

xuewenapeng

1,144 posts

I just want to buy and earn money

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-07-05 17:35 | Report Abuse

kennyku n The_Reds: Tq for reminding trouble makers to be more civil and NOT trying to put down or pass the self inflicted problems onto others.

xuewenapeng

1,144 posts

Don't shout like a mad dog in forums

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-07-05 17:49 | Report Abuse

[ LPTan68 jefflim 不用管他的啦,人家气我我不气,我一气中她计 ]
Don't bother about him. Someone wants to be angry, angry I won't be, otherwise fall into his trap I will be.

callme777

1,586 posts

Posted by callme777 > 2017-07-05 18:07 | Report Abuse

Aiyo, last week someone say this thread all very professional and united. Now become like that. Come on la guys, cool down. We all have our own opinion and no need to be personal. Stay calm pls

TheContrarian

9,293 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2017-07-05 18:10 | Report Abuse

Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. What will be, will be.

RJ87

5,133 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 2017-07-05 18:13 | Report Abuse

LPTan68, early stage turnaround or start up does hv very high PE. For a established stable commodity dependant business, e.g. aluminium, the PE shouldn't trade too far off average. If it does, In my opinion, (I'm sure i'm entitled to my opinion) I would probably think the market has already trading at future earnings with relatively higher PE.

Then, the remaining questions is, how much more money can the company make in future and if the price i'm buying now is at discount. PE is just one of the indicator if you are buying future earnings at discount. I'm sure u like discount right?

The way the NOOB me sees it, average return on safe investment is 5%. Trading at PE20 means For every 1 dollar/100sen you invest gives 5sen earning, and if dividend pays 5 sen per annum. You only break with any ordinary safe investment. So, any counter you choose has to be do better. About PE 7 - 15? Returns will be 15% ~ 7% respectively. That's what a good business will do for you in the long run. Let say average PE in the sector is 10, and the stock you are interested has a PE20, for the PE to come down to 10, the earnings has to be doubled, either immediately next quarter or gradually few quarters. If a company has the means to immediately level the PE 20 to PE 10 in one quarter; then the market will immediately trade future earning into current PE of PE30, 35 or 40? considering it's ability to make money. And if the earnings didn't improve drastically to reflect the current high PE, market will correct itself depending on the estimate amount of time needed. Rule of thumb, the longer it needs, the faster it falls. For case where PE is extremely low; likely, they have sold something. EPS spikes momentarily. And if whatever they sold causes them to stop making money. Stay far far away. They might have just killed the dying goose that laid the last golden egg.

That's my rule on quick glance on a counter. If want to strictly follow WB or Graham's method, you might hv to go yamcha or "drinking" session with the CEO, CTO, CFO, COO and also whoever they are banging man. Very tidious work. And when ya done; yes! By all means, keep indefinitely.

P.S. Before you guys whoop my noobie up and down the field; just see things in a positive light. I really took the trouble to write and share you guys my findings. Instead of punting "golden palace! golden palace! golden palace!". That's very deceitful for new comers to support the price or "Sell, sell, sell" to trigger panic selling. If your research is correct and it's trading at the price that gives return that you are happy with. Sell! If your research says it's worth more, keep! Spare animosity towards one another.

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2017-07-05 18:14 | Report Abuse

wiseman says only fools rush in

TheContrarian

9,293 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2017-07-05 18:21 | Report Abuse

But some people can't help .... falling in love with it!

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 18:23 | Report Abuse

rj87说的条条是道,那有什么股介绍吗,可以分享吗?alcom 掉那么多的时候才出来说,要是您早在2.20说,我就佩服您。。不过不过哈哈哈哈哈哈

LPTan68

469 posts

Posted by LPTan68 > 2017-07-05 18:25 | Report Abuse

之前有个人来分享jaycorp ,我很乐意去看跟了解过后我也买进点。当然钱是我的,买卖也是自己的。。。

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-07-05 18:35 | Report Abuse

Up be quiet, down be singalimgam...... many singalimgam come out talk theory..... jefflim just analysis what he is looking on the market.... golden palace is just he make fun on we investor so that we wont get bored on this forum.... dun be so serious....
Whoever gv advise here, what we can do is see probely by ourSelf and make decision by ourself.... jefflim din ask ppl not to sell... he just mention patients you can get fruit....

RJ87

5,133 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 2017-07-05 18:38 | Report Abuse

@PlsGiveBonus, this is not a win-win game. Someone's gain is another man's loss.
Just be cautious with feeding you with crap and pretend to be your friend. Including mine.

@xuewenapeng,
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/02/warren-buffett-simplifies-investing-with-a-baseball-analogy.html

For beginner like yourself, try read up abit about trading
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/03/050803.asp

Since there are so many WB fans here, might as well learn from his mentor himself. I recommend book #1.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-07-05 19:03 | Report Abuse

Loss money is not a big deal to me.
I loss heavily in Bitcoin years back.
And I made it back now, despite all the criticism
I am so get used to it now that I dun feel bad about losing money anymore
:)

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-07-05 19:13 | Report Abuse

RJ87: LPTan68 was right. No point trying to have a fruitful discussion with someone who feels so high n mighty above everyone else. U sure r entitled to your opinions AND SO do the rest of us. Use whatever economic jargon u want n as long as u r happy we all r happy for u. Whatever I have commented and the words that I used is also my right if I chose to use ALCOM GOLDEN PALACE----
that's my right too). No one needs ( not even the newbies) needs to take my comments at face value. DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK N BE THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN DESTINY. NO ONE is forcing anybody at gun point to enter or exit any trade so long as they feel comfortable themselves. Don't thank me if you make any profits but neither should anyone blame me if they suffer a loss. We should at least give due respect that people are smart enough to EVALUATE for themselves on whatever is commented on the forum.
Just a word of advice for u RJ87. You may not realised this yourself BUT you sounded very arrogant in your commentaries. That is also why LPTan68 has made some sarcastic comments for BENEFITS!!!
Of course we would always welcome your ideas n thoughts by commenting on this forum. Just keep the criticisms out!! Cheerio.

hlafdz

690 posts

Posted by hlafdz > 2017-07-05 20:38 | Report Abuse

I bought Alcom shares at very low & high price.. happy to keep them and recently enjoyed the greatest dividends :) I am very confident Alcom share will rise again steadily. Just keep these shares and be happy :) :) :)

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-07-05 21:50 | Report Abuse

ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO R GENUINELY SEEKING FOR INFOS OTHERWISE PLEASE SKIP COMMENTARY:
Ok. B4 I I proceed with my analysis of 2day's trade trend, to those who feels that I had INFLUENCE OR TRIED TO INFLUENCE THEIR DECISIONS ON THIS COUNTER PLEASE SKIP ALL SECTIONS OF MY COMMENTARIES N JUST PRETEND IT NEVER EXISTED. For those alcomates who feels my commentaries are worth some thoughts for your own critical thinking pls feel free to read through my 2sen worth: V r all here for one and only one purpose only....... to make more $$ than what we can get by putting our money in the bank, trusts fund, etc, etc..
OK. Here goes:
1) observe that this morning there was quite a sharp drop early in the morning. This is to scare all traders n asking them to quickly get out otherwise.............u mayb badly hurt! . The morning volume was also quite substantialbfrom my perspective. So the 'scare tactic' was quite successful as plenty of traders unloaded.
2) The afternoon session started with the same tactic. Quite a fair bit of traders unloaded. HOWEVER THERE WAS ONE BIG DIFFERENCE NEARER TO THE END OF THE DAY. There was no drop in the afternoon session at closing time when compared to the morning close. That's a plus sign that MAYB the selling pressure has subsided. HOWEVER it is always better to b cautious when trade starts 2morrow. U guys will then have to decide whether the mega sale is over or not!
LPTan68 has good insights in these things. I m not trying to promote him BUT a lot of the things he mentions is WHAT I PERSONALLY can visualise as I observe all the days trend. BUT PLS DO YOUR OWN CRITICAL ANALYSIS N JUDGEMENTS. Don't even believe what he says. Experience it yourself. That is why there is NO BETTER TEACHER THAN B IMMERSED IN THE REAL LIFE TRADING EXPERIENCE!!
3) Does that mean the correction is over? I hope so but then you guys need to bear in mind the T+4 traders that may b still around. Only by observations of the trading trend 2morrow will u guys b able to tell. The closing price 2day gives us a signal of where the maestro wants the support price to be. Be cautious n observe.
4) TA n FA can give us pointers on the direction the stock might move BUT none of them can ever matched that of observations. So for those who have the time pls pay attention to the daily trade trend. Even though they r silent they have a great many stories to tell!
5) My previous take on this weeks trading trend as I see it is still the same.
6) Let's hope the light at the end of the tunnel shines through faster than we anticipate.
7) Of course many of u will b thinking of whether it's a good time to top up or sell. I won't comment any more on these lest people will say I m trying to influence them to buy to push up the price and if I mention sell will cause panic selling. I leave that job to u guys.
Ok then. That's my 2 sen worth. Gud luck guys n happy trading.
Comment is not meant as a recommendation to buy or sell. Use infos as u see fit.

If anyone has any doubts as to my intentions on the postings of these commentaries you can browse through my trade strategies through my commentaries when I started joining this forum.

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-07-05 22:01 | Report Abuse

put fd for divident not share. so noo put share for dividend

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-07-06 00:49 | Report Abuse

[ 今天还是没反弹,量比昨天高了。。。不知道是不是很多人再加注。。。拉出高价就丢低价。。。老板看到喜欢到不的了 ]
There is still no rebound today. Volume is comparatively higher than yesterday. Don't really know whether there are still many people adding positions at high but disposing at low. The banker is limitlessly happy at this.

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-07-06 01:05 | Report Abuse

[ LPTan68 rj87说的条条是道,那有什么股介绍吗,可以分享吗?alcom 掉那么多的时候才出来说,要是您早在2.20说,我就佩服您。。不过不过 .. ]
With what RJ87 says is correct, is there any stock you would like to recommend and share with us? Only when after Alcom had dropped so much that you came out to say this. If you had said earlier when Alcom was at 2.20, I would really admire you. But, but ...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz