GEORGE KENT (M) BHD

KLSE (MYR): GKENT (3204)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.445 - 0.45

Trading Volume

15 people like this.

18,219 comment(s). Last comment by gkent2000 13 hours ago

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-01 12:40 | Report Abuse

if SBB still have 10% to the max

then still have another 5% to go

Posted by Emotionalkiller > 2020-02-03 10:58 | Report Abuse

Dotn hope for share buy back, their share buy back price will go down depend on situation, not every time will buy back at original price, that the reason why the price can out down below 0.78 last time

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-03 11:14 | Report Abuse

continue down

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-03 11:19 | Report Abuse

after so long do SBB

who want sell also still not yet sell finished

everyday come out shareholders want throw GKENT shares at lower price

Begineer

482 posts

Posted by Begineer > 2020-02-03 17:01 | Report Abuse

i will buy more if it go lower.

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-04 15:51 | Report Abuse

http://www.georgekent.net/projects-reference/

List Of Current Projects

1) Design and Build 150-Bed District Hospital in Tanjung Karang - November 2020
Design & build 150-bed Medical and Ward Block, 30 units of Houseman’s Quarters, 24 units of Class “F” and “G” Quarters, 50-Pax Child Nursery Centre, Engineering Block, Cafeteria and Visitor Gallery, 2 Fully Equipped Operating Rooms (OR)

2) Design and Build 220-Bed Endocrine Hospital in Precinct 7, Putrajaya - January 2020
Design and construction of 220-bed Hospital Extension Complex with Link Bridge to existing Main Block of Hospital Putrajaya and Multi-Storey Car Park

3) Construction and Completion of MRT Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya Work Package SSP-SY-2014 - 2022
Engineering, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning of Trackworks, maintenance of Vehicles and Work Trains

4) Construction and Completion of Light Rail Transit Line 3 (LRT3) from Bandar Utama to Johan Setia - 2020
Procurement and appointment of consultants and contractors including preparation of pre-qualification and tender documents, supervision and management of consultants and contractors appointed to carry out the development of the entire LRT3 including design, value engineering, manufacture, deliver, install, test, commission and making good defects of Systems Works, Track Works and all other Infrastructure Works with the aim of ensuring delivery of Project

Baby Shark

5,914 posts

Posted by Baby Shark > 2020-02-04 17:39 | Report Abuse

Dis ah boss migrated Australia want close shop..

Posted by KassimBaba7 > 2020-02-04 21:40 | Report Abuse

Curious so light trading suddenly.. Buyback also not required? Hmmm

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-05 10:26 | Report Abuse

I have received my dividend in my bank account this morning.

Baby Shark

5,914 posts

Posted by Baby Shark > 2020-02-05 12:08 | Report Abuse

Aiya.. wait 0.40

untong

55 posts

Posted by untong > 2020-02-05 15:30 | Report Abuse

Bought some at 0.835
current price just too attractive, worth it even only for water meter biz and mrt job.
not to mention dividend coming in another 2months hehehe

untong

55 posts

Posted by untong > 2020-02-05 15:36 | Report Abuse

good ROE (>12%), cash rich (30-40% of mkt cap), generous dividend payout
smell like Padini when it was 1.60

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-05 15:44 | Report Abuse

Wuhan virus provide best opportunity to buy cheap. How often do this thing happen. So buy fast and buy more.

Begineer

482 posts

Posted by Begineer > 2020-02-05 17:27 | Report Abuse

Yes. best opportunity to buy.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2020-02-05 17:28 | Report Abuse

Bought some. At this price, might as well.

Posted by Shinny Knight > 2020-02-06 21:04 | Report Abuse

Very unusual spotted today, let's watch what happens tomorrow ! ;)

Posted by WelcomeTotheEye > 2020-02-06 22:47 | Report Abuse

要来了,不要错过

Posted by WheatStrawMaterial > 2020-02-10 16:29 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 10): MRCB-George Kent Sdn Bhd aims to complete more than 40% of the Light Rail Transit Line 3 (LRT3) by the end of this year.

The line, which extends from Bandar Utama in Petaling Jaya to Johan Setia in Klang, is now 27% completed.

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-10 17:48 | Report Abuse

When can we get the LRT3 revenue and profit factor in ?

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-11 11:40 | Report Abuse

@shquah

thought u is the one know the most answer about GKENT ?

now u ask, lol

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-11 12:02 | Report Abuse

Maybe Philip know better as his company is related to Gkent

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/mrcbgeorge-kent-aims-complete-over-40-lrt3-end2020

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 10): MRCB-George Kent Sdn Bhd aims to complete more than 40% of the Light Rail Transit Line 3 (LRT3) by the end of this year. The line, which extends from Bandar Utama in Petaling Jaya to Johan Setia in Klang, is now 27% completed. MRCB-George Kent's LRT3 project director Patrick Hwang Chee Leong spoke to theedgemarkets.com after signing the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) today. The MoU is to cement collaboration from both parties on environmental sustainability.
He explained that the LRT project is divided into civil works and system works, which have achieved 31% and 15% completion respectively. Today, the LRT3 also became the first rail project in Malaysia to receive a five-star Sustainable INFRASTAR certification for environmental sustainability from CIDB. According to the board, the main objective of Sustainable INFRASTAR is to ensure that infrastructure projects in Malaysia are being developed in a sustainable manner, taking into account sustainability elements such as the natural, social and economic environment from design stage until project completion.
"We are excited that CIDB Malaysia is recognising our effort to incorporate sustainable elements into the design portion of the project. We look forward to working with CIDB Malaysia to enable knowledge sharing on sustainable measures throughout our construction phase, said Hwang.

Malaysian Resources Corp Bhd (MRCB) and George Kent (M) Bhd each own a 50% stake in MRCB-George Kent through their subsidiaries.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-02-11 12:26 | Report Abuse

Philip is a conman mah....!!

LRT project will lose monies no matter how many many billion contract gkent have loh...!!

Ask yourself loh....Why would PH govt hand contract Gkent a NAJIB crony ? Unless it is very very cheap loh...!!

2nd the LRT Project is so lucrative as describe by dishonest Philip, why would Gkent have legal dispute with its partner MRCB leh ??
Unless GKENT expect the LRT project going to lose monies mah..!!

So don be so happy, the more LRT project Gkent gets....the more lose monies mah...!!

Posted by SHQuah > Feb 11, 2020 12:02 PM | Report Abuse

Maybe Philip know better as his company is related to Gkent

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/mrcbgeorge-kent-aims-complete-o...

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 10): MRCB-George Kent Sdn Bhd aims to complete more than 40% of the Light Rail Transit Line 3 (LRT3) by the end of this year. The line, which extends from Bandar Utama in Petaling Jaya to Johan Setia in Klang, is now 27% completed. MRCB-George Kent's LRT3 project director Patrick Hwang Chee Leong spoke to theedgemarkets.com after signing the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) today. The MoU is to cement collaboration from both parties on environmental sustainability.
He explained that the LRT project is divided into civil works and system works, which have achieved 31% and 15% completion respectively. Today, the LRT3 also became the first rail project in Malaysia to receive a five-star Sustainable INFRASTAR certification for environmental sustainability from CIDB. According to the board, the main objective of Sustainable INFRASTAR is to ensure that infrastructure projects in Malaysia are being developed in a sustainable manner, taking into account sustainability elements such as the natural, social and economic environment from design stage until project completion.
"We are excited that CIDB Malaysia is recognising our effort to incorporate sustainable elements into the design portion of the project. We look forward to working with CIDB Malaysia to enable knowledge sharing on sustainable measures throughout our construction phase, said Hwang.

Malaysian Resources Corp Bhd (MRCB) and George Kent (M) Bhd each own a 50% stake in MRCB-George Kent through their subsidiaries.

oasischeah

1,461 posts

Posted by oasischeah > 2020-02-11 12:31 | Report Abuse

At last it found a support level now. Hope no more fake news and no more loop holes.

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-11 19:00 | Report Abuse

I have confidence that Gkent & MRCB could make profit from LRT3 projects. If not they will not continue the projects. No body wants to waste time take up a billion dollars projects and report losses.

Posted by Tanseokpoh > 2020-02-11 20:50 | Report Abuse

Shquah
Read from kl screener Gkent headline 31 August. Lrt 3 revenue not recorded under Gkent consolidated revenue because it is Mrcb JV Gkent. It will record under share of JV profit. Lrt 3 profits won't show in Gkent profit after tax. I don't know to read gkent quarterly reports. Only will give limited information. Maybe after lrt 3 completed, The huge amount will record into gkent profit.

Posted by Philip (Can I advise you?) > 2020-02-12 07:50 | Report Abuse

So sad. Everyone finally know how to respond to mr sapura rm3, insas rm1, bjland vt takeover, hengyuan 45. Just ignore the real conman who don't know how to value yinson, ql and topglove.

Just treat as if he doesn't exist.

How does despatch boy know lrt3 going to lose money?

Just like he knew insas warrants going to make huge profit? Like he know going to mgo and push up price?

Insas rm1? really?

I stop replying to stock raider long time ago. Ever since I find out he use proudly say he won enough to buy new myvi for himself ( or daughter, I forget). His gambling style, waste of time. And worse, angry and hurt after I reveal his comments.

Mr hengyuan intrinsic value 45.

Begineer

482 posts

Posted by Begineer > 2020-02-12 10:52 | Report Abuse

Even with different investment style or philosophy, we should still learn to respect each other la. I believe in Gkent and will continue to hold till it reaches its real intrinsic value. Just my 2 cents

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-13 12:13 | Report Abuse

really up now?

end of 1 day show?

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-13 12:14 | Report Abuse

i am tired with GKENT 1day show

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-13 12:14 | Report Abuse

how much is GKENT intrinsic value ?

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-13 12:17 | Report Abuse

@shquah

before this under BN is GKENT take up this project

so after PH come in then review the contract & cut costs & method

as contract already signed before then how GKENT can easy cancel it even if it found that will make less profit or loss

if cancel, then GKENT will need pay even more compensation

so GKENT would rather continue to do at lesser profit or some loss rather than pay high compensation

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2020-02-13 13:02 | Report Abuse

If you think its worth more, you should be hoping the price drops to be honest.

I personally prefer if it drops a bit more. Only bought a very small position due to its cheapness while i study more.

===
Posted by RainT > Feb 13, 2020 12:13 PM | Report Abuse

really up now?

end of 1 day show?

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-13 13:03 | Report Abuse

seem now is the right time to collect another group for current reversal of trend

Posted by Philip (Can I advise you?) > 2020-02-13 15:18 | Report Abuse

The review contract is done by prasarana. The cut costs is done by mutual agreement of pH government and pdp gkent redesign method. If pH government cut too much until no profit, gkent has the right to sue government for wrongful termination. The proposal to cut costs was provided by gkent. In fact, I think the profit is more, not less, because the track was reduced by half from 2 to 1 while keeping the same design, and reduction of the underground stations and number of cars. However the per item costs were not reduced at all, so the profit margin is still intact.

It is very simple.

Just compare the new 11 billion construction fee and the revised design ( just hop to prasarana to get the info, very easy).

You can easily estimate the price from there and see if you can make profit it not.

>>>>>>>

PH come in then review the contract & cut costs & method

amzarb44

528 posts

Posted by amzarb44 > 2020-02-13 15:27 | Report Abuse

Philips, is it true the revenue lrt3 will not recognised in earnings financial sheet but instead will be recognised as jv profits?

Posted by Philip (Can I advise you?) > 2020-02-13 15:44 | Report Abuse

As for stockraider claims of losing money,

Lrt3 use 37km(23 miles). The total project costs around 16.6 billion rm, of which 5 billion is land acquisition fee. So we are looking at roughly (2.7 billion USD) 110 million per mile, for the revised 25 elevated station ( no more underground station, which is very expensive), 22 3-car trainsets ( instead of 42 6-car trainsets),

http://www.railsystem.net/light-rail-transit/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_rail#Construction_and_operation_costs

So gkent maincon prices to complete the project is very good margin, assuming no further"under take" to be given to pH government, which I totally don't believe.

I paraphrase,

"A survey of North American light rail projects shows that costs of most LRT systems range from 15 million per mile to 100 million per mile".

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-02-13 15:50 | Report Abuse

THIS Philip dog start to bark abit louder when gkent is up slightly abit loh..!!

What happen to his Pchem thread, why not barking loudly there leh ??
Bcos not up loh...!!

U see the personality of Philip...always bark loudly when his share is up loh.....!!

Then keep very quietly like a pussy when his share is down loh ??

Posted by Philip (Can I advise you?) > Feb 13, 2020 3:44 PM | Report Abuse

As for stockraider claims of losing money,

Lrt3 use 37km(23 miles). The total project costs around 16.6 billion rm, of which 5 billion is land acquisition fee. So we are looking at roughly (2.7 billion USD) 110 million per mile, for the revised 25 elevated station ( no more underground station, which is very expensive), 22 3-car trainsets ( instead of 42 6-car trainsets),

http://www.railsystem.net/light-rail-transit/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_rail#Construction_and_operation_co...

So gkent maincon prices to complete the project is very good margin, assuming no further"under take" to be given to pH government, which I totally don't believe.

I paraphrase,

"A survey of North American light rail projects shows that costs of most LRT systems range from 15 million per mile to 100 million per mile".

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-13 15:52 | Report Abuse

I expect 2020 revenue and Profit is a lot more than 2019.
So this is the time to buy.

amzarb44

528 posts

Posted by amzarb44 > 2020-02-13 16:12 | Report Abuse

Philips can help me?

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-13 16:23 | Report Abuse

Today Gkent and MRCB going up together. Could be something to be with LRT3 or new rail projects.

untong

55 posts

Posted by untong > 2020-02-13 16:54 | Report Abuse

ouch.. only bought 25% of my intended position... suddenly rise so fast

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-02-13 16:55 | Report Abuse

Huat ar

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-13 18:31 | Report Abuse

recognise as JV profit or normal profit also still in the company profit la

still in the EPS

u see EWINT, the JV sales in also in the income statement , just the way presentation is different only

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-13 18:32 | Report Abuse

JV profit is GKENT profit also

Posted by Philip (Can I advise you?) > 2020-02-14 07:37 | Report Abuse

No need to bark loudly or not. This is my tracked portfolio ( including margins, where you can see how much margin I am using to buy gkent and Pchem this year, around 10m total for my portfolio size)

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/120720.jsp

Fyi you can see the exact dates I bought 6 million with of Pchem at rm6.30 on margin to show my conviction.

I have never commented once in topglove ( also one of my biggest shareholdings), and yinson ( up 60% soccer last year, I bought it when yinson was a 1 billion cap company, now 7.3 billion cap).

I only have these 5 stocks, as well as stoneco ( Berkshire backed IPO, which Warren never does) which I bought 200k shares on 4th January 2019 (
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/philip2/2019-01-22-story-h1456976645-StoneCo_IPO_How_I_use_business_sense_to_understand_why_Berkshire_finall.jsp) I also never commented here.

I was also the first to write my pump and dump article on PPHB
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/philip5/2019-01-28-story191626-My_First_Pump_and_Dump_Article_How_to_pump_with_a_CONCIENCE.jsp in January 2019

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/philip5/2019-01-30-story-h1456984491-CUN_CUN_CALL_BY_PHILIPTANGRAIDING_RESEARCH_GROUP_UNLIMITED_POWER_UP_TRA.jsp
In January 30, 2019

Which makes fun of general raider and his capslock rude way of writing. Guess what price PPHB is today? Do you see the difference between how I write my articles and how your sifu calvintan writes his? The is a huge difference between someone who writes 6 stock articles and have 70%
Profitable and someone who writes on 43 stocks and majority drop. My pump and dump article at least won't let you done when the project is completed.

Let's compare last year with your results. You bark very loud on insas ( still remember our 2 year bet? 13 billion QL catching up to your insas already. Once beat your insas and CharlesT mnrb you need to give me your full name and phone number so can treat me back kut teh remember?) Say mgo, bet on warrants what's your results?

How about your bjland? No results.
Your hengyuan rm45? No results.
Your sapura rm3 ever day up 0.5%? No results.

Just because someone doesn't say anything, doesn't mean he has needs to.
Action speaks louder than words.

I have concentrated holdings, while your bark so loud on making big profits, but still only send your kids to INTI and drive a myvi ( your words not mine).

Malu ape bosku?

>>>>>>>>>>>

stockraider THIS Philip dog start to bark abit louder when gkent is up slightly abit loh..!!

What happen to his Pchem thread, why not barking loudly there leh ??
Bcos not up loh...!!

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2020-02-14 07:59 | Report Abuse

Philip......Effective today, please let me know which stock you are buying and selling.
I will try to follow your future investment portfolio but let me know once you are selling.

Posted by Philip (Can I advise you?) > 2020-02-14 08:08 | Report Abuse

I don't like to give simple answers for simple questions but challenge you to read it for yourself. I will take a popular example, jaks resources. Please rea)d their quarterly report, on the first page you will see how earnings for joint venture is tracked, in this case Jaks Pacific power limited (51% owned, and their soon to be jaks solar power sdn bhd (100% owned). Maybe that will give you some understanding.

My advice? Before you buy a single cent of gkent stock, do what I did. Spend the rm15, go to ssm website, buy the financial report for mrcb gkent sdn bhd. And read up on it before you make up your decision. Then go to gkent factory, take a look around, find the investor department ( they will sure entertain you because the share price drop so low they want to make sure you will be happy to invest in gkent. Then you go upstairs to engineering department, look for their engineering team. Tell them you are worried as a gkent investor that lrt3 will not finish on time and on budget. They will be more than happy to ease your worries. Best group of engineers I ever worked with.

It always surprises me when investors are willing to gamble thousands of dollars on buying insas, ewint warrants and stocks but never spend the cost to do due diligence on a stock first.
>>>>>>

amzarb44 Philips, is it true the revenue lrt3 will not recognised in earnings financial sheet but instead will be recognised as jv profits?
13/02/2020 3:27 PM

James Ng

2,694 posts

Posted by James Ng > 2020-02-14 08:14 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/general/2020-02-14-story-h1483796204.jsp
[转贴] [GEORGE KENT MALAYSIA BHD:于2019年6月28日与Honeywell签署了长期许可协议,以制造高精度水表测量部件,并将这些水表独家销售给26个地区,包括亚洲地区的15个新地区] - James的股票投资James Share Investing

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2020-02-14 09:15 | Report Abuse

this Philip already brag and promote of his portfolio in other forum before

think is PCHEM, haha

Posted by Philip (Can I advise you?) > 2020-02-14 12:34 | Report Abuse

Unlike many others ( like stockraider) I don't simply say but maintain a properly tracked portfolio that shows all my buy and sell when it happens. You can keep track, but please don't follow because my investment targets and yours are very very different. For one thing, I am fully retired and have nothing to prove in terms of earnings. My kids are all graduated and working, and my house is fully paid for. I can handle volatility far easier than many others and can dip into far larger margins during periods of crisis. I think it is far better for you to find stocks within your circle of competence and buy them based in the valuation criteria I have put, instead of the standard repetition of so called stock gurus.

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/120720.jsp
>>>>>>>>>

SHQuah Philip......Effective today, please let me know which stock you are buying and selling.
I will try to follow your future investment portfolio but let me know once you are selling.
14/02/2020 7:59 AM

Post a Comment
Market Buzz