KSL HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): KSL (5038)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.02 (1.03%)

Day's Change

1.91 - 1.97

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

14,121 comment(s). Last comment by hulkbuster 3 hours ago

bryan2003

63 posts

Posted by bryan2003 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

actually they not necessary to revalue the land. KSL is the property which has highest net profit margin. I suppose this is because their cost for the land is cheap and hence their net profit margin is high when there is new launch.

lcng123

1,109 posts

Posted by lcng123 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

KSL never sell the land, only develop the land. And KSL is planing with JV to build DC near future

ks55

3,755 posts

Posted by ks55 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

KSL profit margin is very high because of low land price. Landed house land cost itself already take up 30% of GDV. If land cost for KSL is 10% of GDV, just from land itself already make 20% profit.

lcng123

1,109 posts

Posted by lcng123 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@bryan2003, agreed with you. KSL property development profit before tax margin around 40%

Eggplant

86 posts

Posted by Eggplant > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Finally KSL is breaking through RM2 🤗

Alex_Kho

43 posts

Posted by Alex_Kho > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

when i bought it at 1.90, people thought i waas crazy. look at it now, this is just the begining.

Alex_Kho

43 posts

my personal reason why i think KSL can go way higher : https://bit.ly/KSLBHD

edcheong

65 posts

Posted by edcheong > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Not only DC and whatever hype there is now on property counters of Johor. When the HSR eventually happens, and it will, all the property counters will leap up like crazy. So holders of KSL, keep your jewels and add to it.

Alex_Kho

43 posts

i have to agree @edcheong. RM3 to 5 is easily achievable.

turbochart

386 posts

Posted by turbochart > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

2.1 done. 2mth installment. 😀

scchin58

45 posts

Posted by scchin58 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

With a PE of 20 times,and at 40cts eps market cap will hit 8 b

turbochart

386 posts

KJ . Keluar sekejap😁

RJ87

5,118 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

No idea what kind of mathematics is this. Sounds more like Scam-matics.
———————————————
Suppose you buy 1,000 shares of KSL at the current price. KSL’s price is low compared to its earnings and other similar companies.
If you buy 1,000 shares of KSL at RM1.84 = RM1,840
If the price goes up by 50% (close the P/E gap) = RM7,250
That is more than double your money.

edcheong

65 posts

Posted by edcheong > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Ready, Get Set, KSL tomorrow and all super johor counters. Wall St rallies, dollar drops after cooler US inflation; Fed in the wings

Alex_Kho

43 posts

Hey @RJ87,

Totally my bad on that one – thanks for catching it! I had a typo in my previous post. What I meant was that if KSL's P/E ratio matches half the average P/E of its peers, not a 50% of the price.

So, here's the deal: If you buy 1,000 shares of KSL at RM1.84 (costing RM1,840) and KSL's P/E ratio rises to half the average of its peers, the projected stock price would be RM7.25 per share.

Still a pretty sweet deal and more than doubles your investment! Appreciate you pointing out the mistake.

Happy goreng guys.

ks55

3,755 posts

Posted by ks55 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I bought at 40 sen. What is the profit if I sell at 2 ringgit?

RJ87

5,118 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

As response to your polite reply, I shall apologise for inappropriate remarks.

I wouldn’t recommend using PE of industry as a whole as comparison. Say a new IPO will probably have far higher PE for their potential. E.g. 50sen for 0.005 annualised profit will put it at PE100 just solely on their prospect, but as the optimism of their earning potential subside, price will eventually fall back to normal valuation.

A more accurate valuation method will be comparing to its relatively similar peers in terms of market cap/earnings. e,g Mahsing. Mahsing making less profit with higher market cap at PE 20. If market values KSL 50% of how they value Mahsing will put KSL at PE10. There is almost 100% upside at current price.

Then question will become, how come market don’t value KSL the same as how they value Mahsing. That will open up different can of worms.

Totally my bad on that one – thanks for catching it! I had a typo in my previous post. What I meant was that if KSL's P/E ratio matches half the average P/E of its peers, not a 50% of the price.

So, here's the deal: If you buy 1,000 shares of KSL at RM1.84 (costing RM1,840) and KSL's P/E ratio rises to half the average of its peers, the projected stock price would be RM7.25 per share.

Still a pretty sweet deal and more than doubles your investment! Appreciate you pointing out the mistake.

Happy goreng guys.

Alex_Kho

43 posts

Thanks for your thoughtful response and insights. You raise some great points about PE ratios and valuation methods, and it's always valuable to consider different perspectives.

I base my selection on my own analysis and metrics, which naturally comes with my own biases. Ultimately, the market will move as it does, and only time will tell how things pan out.

Thanks again for the constructive discussion. We need more of these in the forum rather than just speculative comments.

Eggplant

86 posts

ks55, are you trying to flaunt your ROI ? 😏

turbochart

386 posts

Diesel up. Good😁

turbochart

386 posts

I propose Diesel should be rm6-8!!! Wakakakak...
Why? Many accident due to diesel vehicle

turbochart

386 posts

On the road, out of 100 vehicle, 50% are lorry,truck, pickup truck, bus van , container, heavy vehicle... Haha

calvintaneng

55,144 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Posted by zzzzz > 8 hours ago | Report Abuse

day day down,...worst among all JB related counters

SURE!

HIGH COST OF DIESEL UP BY 50% CAUSED CEMENT, STEEL & ALL OTHER CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL PRICES GO UP

CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY WILL SEE LESSER PROFITS AND PEOPLE SELL LAH

GO BUY HEXCAP (0035) BETTER

Final decision is yours

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2024-06-12-story-h-159700552-HEXCAP_0035_A_TRILOGY_OF_3_BUSINESSES_FOR_DC_DATA_CENTERS_POWER_TRANSMI

Eggplant

86 posts

Hexcap is Eddie Ong one ?

calvintaneng

55,144 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

YES HEXCAP IS SAME OWNER OF HEXTECH (UP 3,000% AND SPIT BY BONUS)

NOW SEE THIS

THERE IS A LAND CLEANER & GREENER THAN SINGAPORE: AND LAND PRICES AS LOW AS 3 SEN SINGAPORE PER SQ FEET: WHERE TO FIND?

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2024-06-23-story-h-158783703-THERE_IS_A_LAND_CLEANER_GREENER_THAN_SINGAPORE_AND_LAND_PRICES_AS_LOW_A

Eggplant

86 posts

Looks like KSL is gonna break RM2 again by this week

Eggplant

86 posts

Posted by Eggplant > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

... Need more tongkat ali this KSL to break RM2 😅

lcng123

1,109 posts

Posted by lcng123 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

No power to move up. Need excellent QR and new projects to boost the share price

Eggplant

86 posts

Posted by Eggplant > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

It really eats tongkat ali tdy😆

lcng123

1,109 posts

Posted by lcng123 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Again after KSL share price touch 60days MA, rebound starts

calvintaneng

55,144 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

SARAWAK ALREADY OVERTAKEN JOHOR IN FDI

Lots of Lands in Johor have been sold to Data Centers

Now we will see the Same being done in SARAWAK

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2024-07-12-story-h-157022312-SOME_FURTHER_THOUGHTS_ON_RSAWIT_5113_Calvin_Tan

turbochart

386 posts

Posted by turbochart > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Sarawak buy KSL? Wakakaka... good🤣

turbochart

386 posts

Posted by turbochart > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

198 + 7 .

turbochart

386 posts

KJ. Keluar sekejap.

Eggplant

86 posts

Posted by Eggplant > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Gostan again after hitting RM2 😅

Alex_Kho

43 posts

Posted by Alex_Kho > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Based on my analysis, KSL is poised to soar beyond RM2.

turbochart

386 posts

Alex_Kho, I give you a like!😁

Eggplant

86 posts

Posted by Eggplant > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Beyond RM2 when declare dividends 😁

turbochart

386 posts

Posted by turbochart > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Eggplant, I give u 2 like !😁

Posted by sense maker > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Net cash and PE about 5. But the controlling shareholders are not sharing profits with you via dividend. This could be due to reasons such as controlling shareholders treat the company’s money are theirs, they seeing recent surge in profits as unsustainable, they reserving ALL cash to buy land and expand, etc.

Investorrr

651 posts

Posted by Investorrr > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

volume building up

lcng123

1,109 posts

Posted by lcng123 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

I don't care whether the boss issue dividend or not, I am concerning the capital gain.

Eggplant

86 posts

Posted by Eggplant > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

I aim both, capital gain and dividend 😁😁

lcng123

1,109 posts

Posted by lcng123 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Once again when KSL share price touch MA 60, rebound starts

investor77

793 posts

Posted by investor77 > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

KSL, a company that dont bother with Investors. It has not given Any Dividend at All !!, in all the years. Compare with Crescendo. Very high Earnings per share of over RM 1/ just for One Quarter. !! Profit was more than normal 10 years of operation. Recently gave 18 cents per share Dividend. Now, giving Bonus of 2 for 1. With 700 over millions worth of sales and enormous profit, this September, will give very good Dividend as can be seen from KMLoong the plantation company with same owner. Still have lots of land in Johor for Development, for Industrial and Commercial, including developments near RTS center. Sure sell like hot cakes. !!!

Posted by cpfam230 > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

Minority shareholders need to form a Minority Shareholders Oversight Committee to represent minority interest in KSL Board of Directors. The KSL Chairman and Board if Directors don't care minority shareholder interest.

Eggplant

86 posts

Posted by Eggplant > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

What kind of interest do you want to claim from the board ?

Posted by MsiaBursa > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

I m using AdvancedGet for TA. Oscillators(S,M,Long-term 5/17,5/35,10/70), XTL and moving average with offset (S,M,L-term 5/3,8/5,13/8). All indicators show weakness . Be aware of being boiling frogs!

Posted by cpfam230 > 21 hours ago | Report Abuse

Hi Eggplant, Thank you for the question. Let me start by saying i have been a small shareholder for KSL for many years since the time they use to give 2 lunch vouchers every year at KSL Mall. I believe the Ku Brothers and family have done a great job bullding KSL Holdings through their frugal conservative Management style. Today KSL Holdings stand tall among the well capitalised public company with close to MR 500 millions cash and huge landbanks in Johor plus KSL Malls in JB and Klang despite COVID 19 that bankrupted many companies. That being said, I believe the Chairman and Board of Directors can do more to bring the company to higher level. Currently most analysts agreed the KSL Holdings shares are grossly undervalued. With the PE about 5 and NTA od about RM3.50, how can KSL Holding share be at RM1.95 to Rm2 only? This I cannot understand why the Chairman and Board of Directors are not looking at ways to rectify this. Obviously to increasing the PAT is one way, but there are still so many actions can be taken as suggested by many experts by Mr Koon Yew Yin and few others. Policy for declaring Dividend, under what scenario will the company declare a decent dividend like most companies do. Data Center in JB is booming, what is KSL plan with huge Landbank? Any plan to build data centers? Sometimes I think besides, the Quarterly Results Announcement and Annual Shareholders meeting KSL Holding do no other communication to minority shareholders like us. Is the Chairman and Board of Directors thinks that as Majority Shareholders including their family friends etc, they don't need to care about the other 35% shareholder? This is why I believe the minority shareholders must form this Minority Shareholders Oversight Committee to tell the Ku family we are also KSL Holding owners albeit smaller % than them. I hope this can explain. Tks

Posted by hulkbuster > 3 hours ago | Report Abuse

Hi cpfam230, it is always a good idea to have MSOC, but the question is who has the money and power to champion this initiative? Perhaps, EPF or KWAP or the big mutual fund shall take a more active minority role in the local listco management by fostering shareholder best practices and "penalise" the bad intended listco.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz