MALAYSIA STEEL WORKS (KL)BHD

KLSE (MYR): MASTEEL (5098)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.005 (1.52%)

Day's Change

0.32 - 0.33

Trading Volume

18 people like this.

14,813 comment(s). Last comment by rizal2020 3 days ago

supernova

1,923 posts

Posted by supernova > 2015-06-23 20:35 | Report Abuse

*put

sheep

3,849 posts

Posted by sheep > 2015-06-23 23:44 | Report Abuse

when the price dropped from 0.80 to 060. bad news already factored in...Still wanna go lower? Sharks waiting to collect.

bozchry

305 posts

Posted by bozchry > 2015-06-24 03:18 | Report Abuse

bising bising pun tak guna mah...bagi listing dulu baru cerita mah..untung salah rugi pun salah..open drop ka limit up ka lu orang mana tau..kasik listing dulu baru cerita mahhhh...

Posted by ah_huat_liao > 2015-06-24 06:50 | Report Abuse

dear brothers/sisters,

Whether price up or down depends, who are the ones have been buying...

If weak hands take over, whether good or not, still will come down...

If "strong hands" been buying, no matter how bad, also will move up...

This stock is not a blue chip in my view (as much as many like to call it) the volume and interest level is far from being one anyway...

we shall see... Trade with care.

bearguy

210 posts

Posted by bearguy > 2015-06-24 09:35 | Report Abuse

most important thing is to Wait for the qtr result to announce first guys. I think the bad news already reflected in the sharp dropped. We were imagined even worse case for the report at very first. However, it only because of playing the account technique like recoverable and classification. Not as bad as we thought.

Bear in mind, UHY has also ascertained with reference to events post 31 December 2014 that the amounts due from the trade debtors under review have been fully repaid and/or settled in accordance with the agreed trade credit terms.

Now it cant be resume trading till the latest QTR RESULT RELEASE.

Wait for it release only do your judgement.

Fund manager will not simply dump the share on the first day, based on their usual behavior and stock pick rules, if they really worry about the issue, they have to dump before it get suspended. Because in case it may get delisted for pending all the AGM, Annual report. They wont risk for this. They will be sacked down for this.

So i assume it is ok.

Growth74

34 posts

Posted by Growth74 > 2015-06-24 09:47 | Report Abuse

bearguy.. that's a fair view and i agree to it. Some of us took the risk of collecting knowing well it will plunge due to the AFS delay. As such, only hardcore investors left and it does not matter or make any difference to hold further.. wiping out the short term speculators..

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-06-24 12:29 | Report Abuse

talk3 talk4, ppl wont easily get affected la... even yes, only small and blind fish, which no significant effect; big fish wont listen to u. why so naive... go discover and collect other stocks rather than thinking u can pull back stock's price by talking rubbish.

Growth74

34 posts

Posted by Growth74 > 2015-06-24 23:41 | Report Abuse

Save the crap

bearguy

210 posts

Posted by bearguy > 2015-06-25 00:26 | Report Abuse

Yaa. Talk so much also no point. Let jz stay and see how it goes. Not trying to affect anyone. Fund manager won't listen to u and Me also. Wonder why they aren't dumping any.

Posted by IContrarian > 2015-06-25 10:43 | Report Abuse

Consider that bad news is created because they want to buy on the bad news (knowing the things they do not want to tell you, for you to buy instead)

mr x

589 posts

Posted by mr x > 2015-06-25 17:26 | Report Abuse

as many had said there isnt any big problem with the q result, it will get back on board soon, should rebound and the positive news on rail works suddenly surface kikikiki......be patient, u will be rewarded handsomely

Goodnews

288 posts

Posted by Goodnews > 2015-06-25 19:35 | Report Abuse

Electricity tariff to stay until December 2015
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/electricity-tariff-stay-until-december-2015

tanbb

1,334 posts

Posted by tanbb > 2015-06-25 20:37 | Report Abuse

hopefully will had good news and handsome rebound.

Posted by ah_huat_liao > 2015-06-25 22:12 | Report Abuse

Pursuant to para 9.19(15) of the Main Market Listing Requirements, the Board of Directors of MASTEEL wishes to announce that the Company had on 25 June 2015, received from its existing Auditors, Messrs Nexia SSY (“Nexia”), a notice informing that they do not wish to seek reappointment as Auditors of the Company at the forthcoming Annual General Meeting, a copy of the said letter is attached.

The cessation of office of Nexia will only take effect upon the appointment of another firm of Auditors pursuant to Section 172(3) of the Companies Act, 1965.

This announcement is dated 25 June 2015.

Wah, External Auditors really don't want to taint their hands... got business also don't want.

wisdomtot

645 posts

Posted by wisdomtot > 2015-06-26 00:08 | Report Abuse

Do you think they will still get the audit job after all the fiasco? Even if they want, unlikely to get re-appointed. Good solution for both parties..

Goodnews

288 posts

Posted by Goodnews > 2015-06-26 04:01 | Report Abuse

ah_huat_liao
Nexia feel embarass for causing delay to issue 2014 audited financial statement whereas new auditor UHY manage to do it. If I were Masteel I will accept UHY as new auditor to replace Nexia.

bet_

1 posts

Posted by bet_ > 2015-06-29 02:19 | Report Abuse

onetonneman I bet ks55 dare not answer you. That's why he is stuck buying Lion Industries which keep report losses.

Posted by LOOKAHEAD > 2015-06-30 09:39 | Report Abuse

5098 (MASTEEL °)
OTHERS : REAPPOINTMENT OF AUDITORS
30-06-2015 07:00:26

OTHERS : REAPPOINTMENT OF AUDITORS
OTHERS
MALAYSIA STEEL WORKS (KL) BHD (MASTEEL or "THE COMPANY") - REAPPOINTMENT OF
AUDITORS

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-06-30 23:05 | Report Abuse

tsk... talk3talk4 so much... it's fair if u comment base on ur thinking that it's bad investment. yet it's bcoz u wan to buy cheap.

cckkpr

219 posts

Posted by cckkpr > 2015-07-01 11:19 | Report Abuse

Masteel will have a tough time after being requoted. As it is now, I believe bankers and suppliers will be very cautious dealing with Masteel. The very high receivables and the advances without goods being deivered are also questionable practices and deemed out of the ordinary.

rlch

4,140 posts

Posted by rlch > 2015-07-01 11:29 | Report Abuse

Only requoted once market recover is a good strategy by top management. Now likely to wait for Q1 2015 result to release first before requoted. Not many companies in Bursa have sterling result like Masteel which have YOY revenue growth without fail.

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-01 11:35 | Report Abuse

Jz wait.. and we'll see somebody will get lost here for making naive TP.

tommyzai

47 posts

Posted by tommyzai > 2015-07-01 12:08 |

Post removed.Why?

keanchung

117 posts

Posted by keanchung > 2015-07-02 18:33 | Report Abuse

Making lost in first quarter

wisdomtot

645 posts

Posted by wisdomtot > 2015-07-02 20:19 | Report Abuse

Audit issue, big Q1 quarter loss coupled with lingering poor sentiment in steel industry, loss of investors confidence... i think I have made a losing punt this time... anyone on this forum still think otherwise ?

tanbb

1,334 posts

Posted by tanbb > 2015-07-02 20:20 | Report Abuse

make lost..wth..when only masteeel wake?

Goodnews

288 posts

Posted by Goodnews > 2015-07-02 22:18 | Report Abuse

Not Masteel first ever QR loss and not the only steel stocks to report loss. Many steel companies are even worse. On bright side Masteel still declare dividend.

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2015-07-02 22:50 | Report Abuse

bozchry

305 posts

Posted by bozchry > 2015-07-02 23:48 | Report Abuse

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-03 07:38 | Report Abuse

hopefully news coming in soon

sheep

3,849 posts

Posted by sheep > 2015-07-03 08:47 | Report Abuse

Dividend 1.3sen.

Posted by LongkangLou > 2015-07-03 10:07 | Report Abuse

im interested to know why i Masteel taking loans and also borrow to increase its inventory to twice as much! The cost of storing them is definitely not cheap! why are they being so aggressive on the debtors to buy more inventories?

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-03 10:43 | Report Abuse

Bcoz the steel price likely bottom out d... esp with the recently imposed import duty for china steel... stocking up steel at low price with borrowing is normal deed. I not worry with the 42 yrs old steel master action. The management are lead by solid ppl for 42 years. They know what they are doing far better than anyone in Msia steel industry and definitely better than anyone here.

Prospects and catalyst wise:
Sg-KL high speed railway is waiting it, obviously Masteel gona get it.
And it's JV with KUB for the Iskandar-Sg project also likely to success.

Steel price bottom out. Halt trading issue will be dismissed, share price bottom out. I believe worse is over. The price is at the bottom. Make ur good guess when and how it can cheaper than now?

Posted by LongkangLou > 2015-07-03 10:58 | Report Abuse

so whats ur call on Masteel? so far the financial results are showing not good sign. how the management runs the company is deeply reflected in the financial statements.

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-07-03 11:25 | Report Abuse

Care to listen to what r°Moi think or not?

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-03 11:42 | Report Abuse

They cant control the steel price, low steel price did hurt their margin. But government jz started the import duty from last month, June. My personal thought, 10 millions is not much for Masteel. Though current results is always important, but share price also takes in and reacts to prospects and future.

Anyway I believe when it going to re-trade, think it's kinda obvious that it will surge, regardless of the quarter results. Afterwards have to depend to the steel price and the catalysts. I not worry because I bought cheap, to punt for the catalysts when I heard the share price was hammered on purpose for Mr Liow and the friends.

Sg-KL high speed railway tender starts in early of 2016, to be completed by 2020. Iskandar-Sg railway project announcement by this year.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-malaysia-working-agree-high-speed-rail-project-q3
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/02/01/liow-iskandar-rail-tender/

Posted by YourMotherInLaw > 2015-07-03 11:52 | Report Abuse

lets see on how things will go out. Margin at only a meagre 2%. any business will die with this margin.

keanchung

117 posts

Posted by keanchung > 2015-07-03 14:00 | Report Abuse

We refer to the announcement made on 19 January 2011, wherein Masteel announced that the Company had entered into a Head of Joint Venture Agreement (“MOU”) with KUB Malaysia Berhad (Company No. 6022-D) (“KUB”), a company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad whereby KUB and Masteel (“Parties”) have agreed to combine their capabilities and resources to co-operate and collaborate with each other in the joint-venture company, Metropolitan Commuter Network Sdn Bhd to pursue the rail transit network project in the Iskandar Development Region (“Project”) and the Parties are desirous of submitting a joint proposal for the Project to the Government of Malaysia. Pursuant to Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad's letter dated 4 August 2006, we wish to announce the status of the MOU as follows:-

The Management continues to work with the relevant parties including government authorities pertaining to the proposed Iskandar Malaysia Commuter rail project.

Meanwhile, its Joint-Venture Partner, KUB had announced its intention to consummate the MOU signed in 2011 subject to its Investment Committee's review in due course.

Rail project most likely cancel by KUB.

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2015-07-04 16:18 | Report Abuse

Alamak, the romantic dream of masteel still not wake up ? Still dream of romantic rebound ?

Posted by LOOKAHEAD > 2015-07-06 10:18 | Report Abuse

MRT line 2, from Putrajaya to Sg Buloh (52.2KM) plan to construct next year. TRADEWIND another 100 story building office block, hotel and retail at Jalan Sultan Ismail are confirmed. Hope MASTEEL can recover from KL mega project. MASTEEL please wake up.

tanbb

1,334 posts

Posted by tanbb > 2015-07-07 15:47 | Report Abuse

please wake up..tied already

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-07-07 17:03 | Report Abuse

tradwind? Think takes donkey yrs to complete

bearguy

210 posts

Posted by bearguy > 2015-07-08 01:53 | Report Abuse

How the other steel company doing? Even worst result? Lossing even bigger money? Why the share price sustainable one?

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-08 20:44 | Report Abuse

this analyst's review sounds fair

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/ptres/31133.jsp

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-09 17:56 | Report Abuse

In view of the above, kindly be advised that the trading in the above Company's securities will resume with effect from 9.00 a.m., Friday, 10 July 2015.

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-09 18:06 | Report Abuse

PROPOSED RENEWAL OF AUTHORITY FOR THE COMPANY TO PURCHASE ITS OWN
ORDINARY SHARES

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-09 18:08 | Report Abuse

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
subject to the approval of shareholders at the Forty-Third Annual General Meeting, a final single-tier dividend of 1.3 percent per ordinary share of RM0.50 each in respect of the financial year ended 31 December 2014 will be paid on 28 August 2015. The entitlement date for the said dividend shall be 10 August 2015

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-09 18:24 | Report Abuse

Notice of Nomination pursuant to Section 172 (11) of the Companies Act, 1965 (a copy of which is annexed and marked as “Annexure A” in the Annual Report 2014) has been received by the Company for the nomination of Messrs RSM Robert Teo, Kuan & Co for appointment as Auditors and of the intention to propose the following Ordinary Resolution: - “THAT Messrs RSM Robert Teo, Kuan & Co be and are hereby appointed as Auditors of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting, in place of the retiring auditors, Messrs Nexia SSY who have indicated not to seek re-appointment and that authority be and is hereby given for the Directors to determine their remuneration.”

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-09 18:34 | Report Abuse

In latest annual report:
CORPORATE UPDATES
• Joint-Venture Agreement with KUB Malaysia Berhad
The Group remains positive of realizing the proposed Iskandar Malaysia Commuter rail project via its joint-venture company Metropolitan Commuter Network Sdn Bhd.
In January 2015, Masteel had submitted an updated project proposal to the Ministry of Transport for its review. The Ministry of Transport had further confirmed that the proposed project will complement the numerous rail projects in Johor such as the ongoing Gemas-Johor Baru double tracking project, the KL-Singapore High Speed Rail, Johor-Woodlands, Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) and the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system and complies to the Iskandar region transport master plan. The Group is expected to retable its proposal to the Economic Council (EC) in 2015. We have regularly held productive discussions on the Iskandar MRT Project with various key stakeholders, and are heartened that all parties are committed towards its eventual success. Further updates on the project’s progress will be made via announcements to Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.

Posted by anonymousinvestor > 2015-07-09 18:36 | Report Abuse

GROWTH STRATEGIES
Masteel’s strategic decision to expand our downstream steel bar production capacity allows us to increase production of higher-premium steel bars, and is expected to play a key role in enhancing the Group’s profitability in a sustainable manner going forward.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz