MALAYSIA STEEL WORKS (KL)BHD

KLSE (MYR): MASTEEL (5098)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.005 (1.52%)

Day's Change

0.32 - 0.33

Trading Volume

18 people like this.

14,813 comment(s). Last comment by rizal2020 3 days ago

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-17 15:25 | Report Abuse

Masteel is gold while Perwaja is sand.

Masteel is mau sang wang and Perwaja is kampung durian.

Masteel is Kuala Lumpur while Perwaja is Timbuktoo.

This is MASTEEL - THE MASTER OF LONG STEEL.

The Only Steel Company With Potential to Double or Triple Your Investment on Its Own Fundamental.

What fundamental?

To be continued....

Masteel

11 posts

Posted by Masteel > 2015-07-17 15:25 | Report Abuse

Why not China investors takeover Masteel instead of Perwaja? Masteel should be more valuable than loss making Perwaja. Base on MC Masteel is cheaper than Perwaja.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-17 16:00 | Report Abuse

MASTEEL - ITS SALIENT FACTORS

1) Among All Steel Companies Masteel has one of the lowest gearing. Masteel's debt is among the lowest compared to others.

2) Masteel raised it Capital through private placement above Rm1.00. At 48.5 cents Masteel is now selling at even below those privilege few who bought through private placement above Rm1.00. It is also selling at over 30% discount to Director's exercise of Wt at 67 cents before suspension.

3) Its Highly Prized Assets Located in The Direction of Growth!

Greater KL MRT will also benefit Masteel's Assets - Its Factories in Selangor & Klang & Bungalow in Port Dickson. The Steel Bars Supplied by Masteel in MRT Pillars will bring added growth back to Masteel when MRT reaches Masteel's Prime Lands. Already worth over Rm2.30 NTA. It can only go higher.

4) Transparent & Accountable Leadership

Take a good look at One Investment. In year 2005 Masteel bought a 5,400 sq ft bungalow plot in Port Dickson for Rm65,000. And Constructed a building for only Rm9,000 cost. How could Masteel construct a bungalow for only Rm9,000? All because of careful use of resources. Masteel saves interest by issuing placement shares instead of borrowing from banks. Masteel also save by buying steel scraps intead of iron ore.

5) These are the Potential Jobs for Masteel.
Malaysia is still a young growing dynamic nation. And on the drawing boards are

1) Greater KL MRT
2) Greater MVV (All of Cyberjaya & Negeri Sembilan in M Vision Valley)
3) Iskandar Rail Network & Even Monorail in Forest City as mentioned by his Royal Highness The Sultan of Johor.
4) High Speed Bullet Train Track from KL - Spore.
5) Pan Borneo Highway (lots of Long Steel Bars Needed)
6) West Coast Highway
7) Pasir Gudang Highway. Now in progress
8) Thomson MRT from Spore to JB

In the Far Future

Bridge from Melaka to Indonesian Island of Sumatra
HSR RAIL LINKING KL TO THAILAND
East Coast Bullet Train from Kota Bahru to Pengerang & Changi
Bridge Linking West Malaysia to East Malaysia? Possible?
MRT Network in Penang.
MRT Network in Sabah & Sarawak
Pan Borneo High Speed Rail? Possible?

The Possibilities are Immense!

And Masteel will Be the Master Supplier.

MASTEEL - THE MASTEEL FOR ALL LONG STEEL

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-17 17:07 | Report Abuse

Ks55

You born in 1955? 3 years later you will be 63. Masteel is cyclical in nature. Since price has dropped by more than 50% it is already in oversold territory. I think the undervalue Assets will be a strong buffer.

In any case I think you should consider Opcom instead. Opcom has zero gearing. As its usual price is to give good dividend & capital repayment Opcom is better than Reits. In year 2007/8 before Lehman Brothers' debacle I completely sold off all my 130 counters and kept only Opcom.

I sold off Hektar Reit at Rm1.40 and bought it back at half price of 70 cents after the Market Swoon. However, I don't think the Market will collapse anytime soon as USA has invented QE

Posted by sayakamiyuki > 2015-07-17 17:15 | Report Abuse

Hi calvintaneng. I saw your comment in bjcorp. All positive and encouraging. But at the end what happen to bjcorp share price? Now at 0.4 only. Your stupid comment made a lot of people lose money. We dont like to see you to continue put stupid and bull shit comment here. Get out from here.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-17 17:22 | Report Abuse

sayakamiyuk!!

This is very uncouth & uncalled for remarks.

For Bj Corp it is a very long term play. Once in year 2006 I recommended Minho at 17 cents. Today after 9 years it has gone up 1,000% quietly without fanfare.

So wait for Bj Corp to perform someday.

As for Masteel I have made lots of monies in this counter through the years. Masteel is a cyclical stock. And with many upcoming projects of Public Works it will have a bright future.

Posted by sayakamiyuki > 2015-07-17 17:30 | Report Abuse

Masteel could flight back one day. But definitely not now. Their 2nd and 3rd quarter will made loss again+ concern in their accounting practice. I dont think we should buy now. The best pricr to enter this share should be around 0.35-0.4.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-17 17:32 | Report Abuse

KISS?

Wow! That's great! Yes, for our age we need more conservative type of stocks. I am a little younger than you. At heart I am 25.

And retirement? As Mark Mobius said, "Not in my vocabulary."

Haha! Life is so interesting. I can have so many interesting hobbies to pursue. Like testing out the investment theory of Walter Schloss here in i3. And got 2 books to write. Also 3 websites to fill up.

I am so happy to be alive!

Masteel

11 posts

Posted by Masteel > 2015-07-19 10:58 | Report Abuse

There is warrant(exercise price 67sen) going to expire in Oct'15. Will Mr Tai(major shareholder) let the warrant expire worthless since he hold the biggest chunk of warrant?

Masteel

11 posts

Posted by Masteel > 2015-07-19 11:16 | Report Abuse

Since Masteel has many factories in Klang Valley and Klang, they can afford to close down 1 factory should their business drop. They can sell the land and make huge gain due to land appreciation. The same cannot be said of Perwaja whose steel factories are located in Gurun Kedah and Kemaman Terengganu where land value are far lower.

As Calvin mention demand for steel is still high with many projects coming closing down factory look unlikely to happen anytime soon.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-07-19 16:32 | Report Abuse

Just buy

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-19 17:28 | Report Abuse

Haha!

ks55, that's good spirit. If all just share ideas (be it positive or negative) and keep away personal animosity how good and how pleasant will i3 forum be. I am sure many more people will contribute their opinions.

I bought some Masteel at 49 cents. And I am only too happy to buy more if Masteel price weaken further.

Last time I bought Kps at 50 cents with Nta of over Rm2.00

When Kps dropped to near 40 cents I loaded up even more. There is no better buying time for Masteel like now at its cheapest since listing. If Masteel should go down I think the rest of Malaysian Steel Companies will also close shop. So I think the M'sia Govt will intervene to stop unfair steel dumping from China.

tanbb

1,334 posts

Posted by tanbb > 2015-07-20 16:41 | Report Abuse

masteeel please wake up..

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2015-07-20 20:07 | Report Abuse

I m waiting at 5 sens as well. Cause whenever the stock has calvintan promoted, sure end up to be 2~5 sens stock.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-20 21:55 | Report Abuse

Davidkkw?

David kena kilat

Then W?

Heavy Rainstorm Fell on him he got WASHOUT!

Go and See Calvin's Tip on SUPER ENTERPRIZE

Rm1.20 to RM3.80 --- UP OVER 200%

Better WAKE UP!!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-20 22:22 | Report Abuse

NOW GO TO JERASIA FORUM

see on JUNE 12 2014

CALVIN RECOMMENDED JERASIA AT ONLY 45 CENTS

TODAY JERASIA CLOSED AT RM1.08

NO MORE PENNY STOCK.

JERASIA UP MORE THAN 100%

BETTER WAKE UP!

kakijudi

1,086 posts

Posted by kakijudi > 2015-07-21 09:13 | Report Abuse

i heard they going to push it back up to 60c.

dont know how true. buy at your own risk

Masteel

11 posts

Posted by Masteel > 2015-07-21 09:22 | Report Abuse

If look at MRT projects sure Masteel business is good. Buy when cheap and dividend next month. Those selling now is selling at heavy loss. Why want to sell and not hold for dividend?

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2015-07-21 09:56 | Report Abuse

calvintan haven't blow it yet?

kakijudi

1,086 posts

Posted by kakijudi > 2015-07-21 11:03 | Report Abuse

looks promising

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2015-07-21 11:14 | Report Abuse

yes, finally calvintan has blow it down...

cckkpr

219 posts

Posted by cckkpr > 2015-07-21 14:59 | Report Abuse

It may need a white knight like Perwaja.

nooobieee

470 posts

Posted by nooobieee > 2015-07-21 16:19 | Report Abuse

WTF! why so funny? 1.3% divvy for what? ENAM RINGGIT LIMA PULUH SEN for 1000 shares. bigger than kereta lembu punya roda? at current dirt "cheap" price, it's only 1.35%.
whoever uses the divvy as a motivation to keep holding this share must be someone who kena stuck but stubborn to accept the reaility

nooobieee

470 posts

Posted by nooobieee > 2015-07-21 16:22 | Report Abuse

company A spent RM 100.00 and earned a meager RM 1.00. company B also spent RM 100.00 but earned RM 10.00. That's 10 times of what A profits. Which one is better?

nooobieee

470 posts

Posted by nooobieee > 2015-07-21 16:31 | Report Abuse

I still remember brahims. So many ppl sing song talk good of it despite the fact that the outlook is doomed when its sugardaddy mas got into trouble. One of the most popular arguments given is monopoly business. I raised the fact that it is monopoly for a reason because margin (other than sugardaddy) is terrible. Tapi kena shoot by idiots saying tabung haji keeps buying. So, time has proved those idiots are indeed stubborn idiots. And looks like history gonna repeat in masteel

kakijudi

1,086 posts

Posted by kakijudi > 2015-07-21 18:06 | Report Abuse

Hi noobe. Two different scenario . Brahims was trading at the Peak whereas masteel is trading at its lowest ever . How much more can you lose ? Not much. BTW, a lot selling being absorbed at 48c range . Looking good for a quick rebound

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-07-21 18:15 | Report Abuse

Yes, I concur with kakijudi. If Masteel is recovering, it is going to be quick in order to save back so many going to expire Warrants. Those Masteel bosses holding warrants would not want to see their warrants die so they have to do something fast.

Posted by ah_huat_liao > 2015-07-22 00:55 | Report Abuse

To all the "positive" punters/sharks shifu,

How often do the assets of the company get sold for a tidy profit with these profits distributed to shareholders in event that the company goes "down". Remember Enron??

Again, i am not making a statement but asking a question for the purpose of sharing...

Instead of focusing on the good side only, please find the balance to the equation:
1) Assuming the auditor did make a plunder, why couldn't this issue be iron out in the 4 months from book closure??
2) The issue was "cleared" but the special audit group, why not get an international audit group to add more credibility given the seriousness of issue brought up??
3) Given the "list of projects", many pitching that Masteel will be the bigggest beneficiary.... then why are they having such a long delay to give something concrete... why do they need to keep drumming up the news, with nothing really concrete as yet?
4) If there are real value at this moment, shouldn't someone come in to support or at least buy up??
5) There has been repeat "telecast" of old news over a period of time, from MYR1.07++ to now MYR sub-0.50... why didn't stock recover despite the good report from special audit??
6) Please research at what price did the counter rise from... see far enough and you can probabaly find the real bottom, if any...

To the bullish punters, you are right that one day it will rise... this has been repeated for a long time, i agree with ks55, maybe at 30cents??

Please don't always look at the "greedy" side of the equation... trade with care, not love

Posted by ah_huat_liao > 2015-07-22 01:05 | Report Abuse

To calvintaneng, i do agree with sayakamiyuki that you are always posting only positive comments.

From your profile, you have made over 8,700 comments to date... how many stock do you recommend? how many stock went up? how many went down?

Are you some "keyboard" investor, or just "NATO"? As a refined investor, (if you really are one) you should give a balanced view rather than always "blowing trumpet" about that handful which went up...

kakijudi

1,086 posts

Posted by kakijudi > 2015-07-22 11:24 | Report Abuse

Price has stabilised . Alot selling being absorbed

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-22 20:29 | Report Abuse

Huat liao?

Go and see BIMB tread now.
I highlighted BIMB on March 14 2015. 4 months' later Icon8888 now turn bullish

On Dec 15 to 17 2014 I recommended Jaks at 39 cents. Jaks jumped to over Rm90 cents now.

Just go to Calvintaneng and click on it. See all my comments and warnings. They are all there for all to read.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-07-22 20:32 | Report Abuse

Once a while some will come and post challenging remarks like Anbz, Sangero, Mikekong55, Newman, HJey, iiinvestmart, Mrtigershark, nancytang & crischan. See tem fell away one by one. Only the true ones will outlast all

tanbb

1,334 posts

Posted by tanbb > 2015-07-22 21:36 | Report Abuse

aiyoyo..masteel..

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2015-07-24 00:01 | Report Abuse

:)

nooobieee

470 posts

Posted by nooobieee > 2015-07-29 12:12 | Report Abuse

two counters I knew
still drifting like not tomorrow
hubline from 0.11 to 0.01
gpacket from 0.60 to 0.2x

Posted by ah_huat_liao > 2015-07-29 16:55 | Report Abuse

Still a falling knife dear investors...

Dun get suck in, dun be the support for others to throw...

There is a lot of "unexplained", dun look at just the "fundamental news"

drifters will only come to a stop when it is "dirt-cheap" enough...

As I reiterated over and over again, please trade with care...

PATIENCE>>>

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-07-31 13:46 | Report Abuse

The market price of Masteel can easily fly if the company decides today to do a Revaluation Report for their landed properties. With regards to the Debtors figure, the old Auditors must be "of something wrong" to say all 380 Millions debtors figure is ambigious and not collectable. The newly appointed auditors say all the debts were already collected after the third months except 2 customers. This is very normal for a business going concerns. The drop in Masteel price is now very much under-valued and I envisage it will easily go back to above RM1-00 barring all consequences. For a sure win stock which we all can keep, Masteel is the one. Opportunity like this seldom appear. Only once in a while we have this kind of opportunity. Of course, the current low price is controlled by the bad image of the steel sector all over the world now. Keep this Masteel for a longer period, your returns should be double or triple with confidence.

ggg123

115 posts

Posted by ggg123 > 2015-07-31 15:19 | Report Abuse

Beststock, even though current price is very attractive due to large discount based on P/B because of recent forced selling, how about looking at fundamentals? Looks like a high chance for continued loss for the rest of the year, due to the same fundamental problems.

Revenue factors:
1. China overcapacity + dumping = unprofitable selling prices globally. Right now this one of the main problem pushing the company financials into loss making territory.
2. Malaysia construction = potential slowdown in new projects due to political situation? If this happens, the company financials might be impacted even more than right now.

Cost factors:
1. Strong USD (interest rate hike) + weak Ringgit (investor flight) = raw material prices shoot up
2. Higher electricity cost + labour cost = operating cost goes up

For the stock price to start climbing up again, it will need to be supported by improving profit, or the potential for profit improvement based on industry development. What IF the losses persist for the next one or two years? How would this affect the stock price?

Cut loss? Hold? Buy?

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-08-01 09:41 | Report Abuse

ggg123, you are right on the dot. This local steel industry is doomed if the govt is not doing anything to help to stop the import of steel bars. The best steel player agmonst in Malaysia is now affected and no wonder ppl are asking to change the govt. Masteel investors are suffering huge losses in their warrants come Oct 2015 expiry date. Who is not angry? Not only the poor are angry but the rich too are angry. If the govt still hesitant in impossing restrictive imports, Masteel must take restructive measures instead of expanding. It is time to close shop now and take stock. The price would be better for the investors.

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-08-01 18:04 | Report Abuse

Steel manufacturers in China are also selling at a loss. Why Chinese Steel manufacturers are selling so cheap? They should know better. Too many supplies over demands. They should stop production but they can't.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-08-01 18:23 | Report Abuse

Ks55,

It depends on what type of market forces. If genuine then Masteel should close shop. But not due to unfair steel dumping.

Let me illustrate.

Last time I had a friend who sells Cooking Oil. He manufactures his own brand of cooking oil with a name I forgot. A 5 kg bottle of palm oil was sold by my friend for only Rm15 while Lamsoon and other more established brands were selling around Rm20 (I use this as a guide. The figures might not be exact.) Along with the cheap offer my friend threw in a free gift ' - a packet of ground nuts for every bottle of Cooking Oil sold.

You see. There is low barrier to entry for converting palm oil to cooking oil. So many other brands of Cooking Oil Sprung up! But it was healthy competition.

My friend gave his workers (part time) Rm2 for selling the Palm Oil from house to house. And he was doing a roaring business.

Then to his surprise 2 Major Cooking Oil Manufacturers were going into a fierce price war!

They reduced their prices from Rm20 to Rm19. Then to Rm18 --- Rm17

It dropped to Rm15. Ha! My friend got hit. People stopped buying from him as they switched to the branded ones.

So my Friend Mr Khoo reduced his price to Rm14. Then Rm13

And it went down to Rm10 as the relentless price war between 2 giants continue unabated.

As his cost of production was Rm7.00 he could not employ workers to sell for him. So he had to go out to sell himself. It was tough.

To his horror the price war caused the price to drop to Rm7. That was his cost of production! How to survive the carnage.

Then the horror of all horrors! The 2 Giants Offered A Ridiculous Below Production Cost at only Rm5.00

For every bottle of Cooking Oil They Sold They Suffered a Rm2 loss.

Since they have deep pockets they could bear the horrendous losses.

Losses WITH A PURPOSE!

By now My Friend Mr Khoo and ALL OTHER PLAYERS CLOSED SHOP!

I went to Sungai Buloh village in the 1980s to see his makeshift factory - now idle. He later sold off his boilers and other machinery as scrap.

Then to his amazement after All small players have been totally wiped out the 2 Giants started to raise and raise prices back to Rm20.

On hindsight he suspected that it was all planned. Planned to wipe & kill off all competition! And it was totally unfair.

Now this is what happened to steel production in China

Steel producers borrowed from banks. Also used subsidized electricity. Many steel companies default from paying the banks and also default from paying for electricity. Of course their cost is low.

Now they cannot sell these inferior steel (try using Chinese made wheel barrow?}. So they dump them all over the world and cause havoc. All these underhand tactics are endorsed by the Chinese Govt

Now the Malaysian Govt Should raise barrier for unfair competition. This is perfectly right as the rules of the game should be fair to all.

See Cepco. It has turned in a set of good results. Why? Because Malaysia Govt has imposed duties on steel piles dumping. And that is a good sign.

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-08-01 20:40 | Report Abuse

Creative Accounting? Think Masteel need more to jack up the networth by doing a revaluation exercise on all their landed properties.

ggg123

115 posts

Posted by ggg123 > 2015-08-03 10:35 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng spot on, thanks for input.

However there is inconsistency in the news reports, can please help clarify?

30 January 2015:
MITI says no reasonable justification that steel bar imports from China and Korea affect local producers - http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/01/30/MITI-say-imports-of-rebar-from-China-Korea-wont-impact-local-industry/?style=biz

Is it possible the real reason behind the losses mainly due to weakened MYR (raw material cost escalate), and not so much due to dumping? Or is MITI wrong about the situation?

2 July 2015:
Masteel indicate that 5% duty on carbon steel bar and wire rods, and CIDB Act to enforce Sirim standard conforming and CIDB approved products to help ease the situation of cheap import - http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/07/02/Masteel-sinks-into-first-quarterly-loss-in-two-years-and-sees-challenging-times-ahead/?style=biz

The CIDB Act sounds promising to Masteel, if enforced propery. But the 5% duty, how does it help Masteel, do they sell carbon steel bars?

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-08-03 14:47 | Report Abuse

ggg123, according to MITI report dated 30 Jan 2015, the imports of steel bars from China and Korea has no impact to the local players because they found that our export prices are still higher than the import prices. But maybe our export prices cannot go any higher due to the import prices.

As regards to 2 July 2015 that 5% duty on carbon steel and wire rods, this definately helps Masteel as their products of deformed steel bars do have carbon content which categorised as carbon steel bars too.

Overall, imports of raw materials that uses USD has greatly effected all importers negatively recently and the cheap steel dumping by China compresses the steel prices to so low that profitabillty is hard to maintain for local steel manufacturers. Looks like Masteel need to perservere for a while in view of the doomed economy all the steel industry is now facing.

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-08-03 14:48 | Report Abuse

How is today's AGM going on?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-08-03 18:19 | Report Abuse

If Sing dollar is One to 3 Ringgit I suggest all to come to JB and buy up

1) ALL LOW COST HOUSES IN JB CITY/SUBURB BELOW RM100K

2) ALL SINGLE STOREY HOUSES BELOW RM200K

3) ALL DOUBLE STOREY HOUSES BELOW RM300K

You are bound to win in the long run when all Malaysians who work in Singapore start buying JB houses.

There are still pockets of bargains if you search carefully.

These will be the Very Best Real Estate to invest on planet earth for the next 30 years!

ggg123

115 posts

Posted by ggg123 > 2015-08-03 19:02 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng can you recommend a few developers in Johor? Heard Scientex is one of the leading developer for houses in the price range that you mentioned (approx 200K - 400K). But for houses below 100K are they not those under gov scheme available to Johor people only?

ggg123

115 posts

Posted by ggg123 > 2015-08-04 09:44 | Report Abuse

ks55, you attended the AGM? What did masteel directors say about the 1q15 increase in inventories and corresponding decease in trade receivables? Also did the shareholders ask about the past auditors, what was the response?

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-08-05 15:13 | Report Abuse

Masteel expanding capacity, result shld be ok.

Beststock

1,047 posts

Posted by Beststock > 2015-08-05 19:25 | Report Abuse

That's why I suggest Masteel stop business for a while and think changing to other investments like Properties and Developments or others. Steel Manufacturing in Malaysia is doomed. Wages , Energy and Production Costs are getting higher and higher. We cannot compete with Indonesia where productions there is much cheaper. Time to revalue their assets and go into developments.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz