BENALEC HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): BENALEC (5190)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (3.85%)

Day's Change

0.13 - 0.135

Trading Volume

46 people like this.

13,785 comment(s). Last comment by MrXYZ 1 week ago

Posted by PakChuiCheng > 2014-12-29 18:16 | Report Abuse

Die lor. E&O also die no contract

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2014-12-30 01:17 |

Post removed.Why?

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-30 15:40 | Report Abuse

so quiet nowadays.....

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-30 15:44 | Report Abuse

isten to the Business Radio Station My FM 89.9 comment for Benalec holding.

http://www.bfm.my/biztalk-dom-141223.html

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-30 15:59 | Report Abuse

Benalec Holding MD remuneration is paid RM8million. But the total dividend to be paid to all shareholders’ is only RM2.4m. This is ridiculous !!!!!!

Directors’ Remuneration of Benalec Holding VS Tambun Indah Land Berhad.

Benalec Holding Directors’ Remuneration.
From 2014 annual report. They boast that BENALEC management has been very transparent about it.
No. of Directors - 6
RM250,000 to RM300,000 - 1 Non-Executive Director
RM300,001 to RM350,000 - 2 Non-Executive Directors
RM350,001 to RM400,000 - 1 Executive Director
RM400,001 to RM450,000 - 1 Executive Director
RM7,500,001 to RM8,000,000 -1 Executive Director

Tambun Indah Land Berhad Directors’ Remuneration.
The number of Directors whose total annual remuneration falls within the following bands is as follows:-
No. of Directors - 8
RM1 to RM50,000 - 5 Non-Executive Directors
RM300,001 to RM350,000 - 1 Executive Director
RM550,000 to RM700,000 - 1 Executive Director
RM1,100,000 to RM1,150,000 - 1 Executive Director

Listen to the Business Radio Station My FM 89.9 to hear how they comments the higher paid of Benalec Holding RM8million to MD remuneration.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-30 16:04 | Report Abuse

Anyone who got RM300 million can take over this Company and have share on billions ringgit projects

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-30 16:16 | Report Abuse

No of shares in markets = 800 million x 51% x RM0.60 = RM250m can buy over this company and sell Johor projects worth RM16 billion to others at RM2 billion.

Wonder the Royal family will launch take over later after all approvals obtained. Instead sharing 30%, now can share 100% of profits. Better........................................

Can buy now.... later once approvals obtained, sure some tycoons will launch take over.

Ryanteh

54 posts

Posted by Ryanteh > 2014-12-30 18:54 | Report Abuse

where. I agree and fully support as your quoted, the matter of fact are strong enough as you appear in this all of possessssssssssss.
1) share price dropped is matter of fact
2) MD highly remunerated is matter of fact
3) Board room tussle is matter of fact
4) Fund raising is matter of fact
5) Low dividend is matter of fact

29/12/2014 15:00

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-31 09:26 | Report Abuse

dropped again and again..... useless

oasischeah

1,461 posts

Posted by oasischeah > 2014-12-31 10:07 | Report Abuse

Benalec got give remuneration of RM7,500,001 to RM8,000,000 -1 Executive Director !!!
Such excessive payment also can?? Scandals after scandals!!! Luckily Kukuman and many other forum members exposed all these hidden agenda. No body will even think of buying these shares.Downtrend mode only.

Ah Ha

905 posts

Posted by Ah Ha > 2014-12-31 10:29 | Report Abuse

Hi taciturn,
My comments was to highlight that this company directors remuneration is excessive.
Directors remuneration "MUST" justify and align with company performance/profit.

As small shareholder, even you attend AGM/EMG, what can you do? Does Leaw give back the remuneration?
I am not personally attacking you but to share info to the mass small investor.
By just only highlight in the closed internal meeting will not help to protect small investors interest?

I would rather highlight in this forum (transparency) and hope it protect small investors interest.
I think this is more practical and that is the main purpose of this forum.

jjwong

21 posts

Posted by jjwong > 2014-12-31 10:33 | Report Abuse

Why CIMB was appointed receivers and managers over Asia Petroleum Hub Tanjung Piai.

According to a report in The Edge published on Aug 9, 2011, the delays were largely due to the need for redesigning after the soil on the island, which was largely silt, was found to be unsuitable for building structures.“In a nutshell the island was not fit to be transformed into a petroleum hub,” the newspaper quoted a source as saying. The situation continued to aggravate in 2011, prompting CIMB to place APH in receivership, not once but twice, in June 2011 and January this year.

The hope that the CIMB-led restructuring which may bring in new shareholders as white knights dissipated when CIMB finally decided to withdraw from the project.
The same paper reported that APH still owes CIMB RM840 million which was drawn down from the RM1.4 billion loan, and another RM381 million to Muhibbah.

Muhibbah had on Feb 27 sued APH and managing contractor ZAQ Construction for the outstanding payment.

Another subcontractor, Nam Fatt, had also taken legal action against ZAQ Construction for an outstanding payment of RM39 million and RM66 million in compensation.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/202217

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2014-12-31 10:56 | Report Abuse

Ah Ha: I have stated in my previous postings the reasons given by the board for the level of remuneration paid out. In the interests of transparency, as you have put it, I have tried to reproduce it here as clearly as possible for all to see. The reasons are not secret, the reasons are not confidential.

I have also stated very clearly that if all the minority shareholders had voted against the resolutions, the board would be facing a huge moral dilemma. If everyone else is opposed, quite obviously they will have to rethink on the matters.

And also I have stated very clearly, voting was done by poll. Poll results are available for all to see. The bulk of minority shareholders voted in favour of the resolutions. So there was no moral dilemma.

What exactly are you referring to when you say "closed internal meeting"? An AGM/EGM is by no means closed. Any shareholder has the right to attend.

And psst, I will tell you a secret. The remuneration bands paid to the directors are listed clearly in the annual report. And this annual report is something that anyone can download from bursa's website. Amazing isn't it?

I have to once again reiterate my point. I am only the messenger. I give you the information as I have learned it. If you do not like my information, feel free to skip it.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-31 11:24 | Report Abuse

The Leaw holding 47% and surely through proxy, they may hold more than that. This Leaw voted for and what we can do? The only want to send our strong signal is to make the bond raising failed miserably so that the directors can realise and look into it. Beside, if bond raising failed, the directors will reconsider to reissue it at higher rate maybe 5%.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-31 11:34 | Report Abuse

The only way to know more is to work for this company. My friend told me got open vacancy and just apply. Let my friend see see what inside the durian.

kenix

34 posts

Posted by kenix > 2014-12-31 12:03 | Report Abuse

now still can buy in ? still holding some @ 0.79. shittt ...bought at the highest price ...**cry**

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2014-12-31 12:19 | Report Abuse

@kenix .... careful because once approval obtain, maybe a tycoon from Malaysia will launch take over or Country Garden works with VVIP to buy over this company at RM0.60....

Ah Ha

905 posts

Posted by Ah Ha > 2014-12-31 22:36 | Report Abuse

where, i agreed with your points. For minority, how to protect our interest rather than let the directors do whatever they think is right for them-self but not for all shareholder? i believe market will know how trustworthy the directors. Once wrong forever have a bad record. Give up hope for this company and sell all my shares. cheers.
Thanks also for taciturn. good luck.

Ah Ha

905 posts

Posted by Ah Ha > 2014-12-31 22:57 | Report Abuse

on more point to highlight that RM 7 millions remuneration can buy back ~11 million shares (assume rm 0.6 per share).
Who is the winner? you decide.

Fly888888

443 posts

Posted by Fly888888 > 2015-01-01 01:59 | Report Abuse

So long no see this counter , now 0.565 ?
OMG , lucky cut loss at 0.90.

Think again if can collect back...

Ryanteh

54 posts

Posted by Ryanteh > 2015-01-01 15:15 | Report Abuse

Mr Ah Ha, So many greedy gang in this conspiracy company, no wonder no transparent because we have people like that in this company, they pay themselves good incentives and higher directors fee as much as they like and nobody can stop them. This company control by this MD then he can pay himself what amount at what he like and paid higher fee to all this independent directors to kept them silence, so how can we of us minority shareholders to protect our interest. GREEDY directors team……extra cunning counter.

Posted by superspeculator > 2015-01-01 15:31 | Report Abuse

Ryanteh, today is 1-1-2015. What you've posted was published in 14-2-2014.

pooket

19 posts

Posted by pooket > 2015-01-01 18:02 | Report Abuse

Hey taciturn,
Thanks for all your balanced, rational, and clearly communicated info. I've just spent the last couple hours reading EVERY comment since Q1/15 results and my eyes are bleeding! It's a shame so many of the comments are from emotional people with an axe to grind against this company. The sick thing is I remember Kukuman's name from back in May! WTF, get a life brother! A "normal" person would let it go and move on. Something is definitely wrong with Kukuman, where, and jjwong. IMO, they either have mental problems or are being paid by the "evil brothers" to get revenge against Ben. Whatever...I just wish they'd shut up.

rlch

4,140 posts

Posted by rlch > 2015-01-01 22:15 | Report Abuse

Will 2015 be a better year for Benalec? Long delayed Tanjung Piai project finally signed?

investor77

802 posts

Posted by investor77 > 2015-01-01 22:25 | Report Abuse

What is happening to this share, went down drastically from around over RM1. Now nearly half the price? Is it worth to average down this share?

almufathal

1,360 posts

Posted by almufathal > 2015-01-02 09:06 | Report Abuse

makannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....buy buy

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 09:18 | Report Abuse

Only those who willing to be cheated will buy this company shares and subscribe the bond. If you read the annual report, their own relative by name of Polin Foo who disposed his/her shares to nil. Maybe she knew something inside on corporate governance issues especially on the RPT land deals and disposed it on asap basis.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 09:24 | Report Abuse

@pooket ..... i think you think you are dictator who not willing the truth to be revealed such as highly paid remuneration to the MD Leaw Seng Hai. Mind your language, it is right of every shareholders to express our view.I think you are the MD or employed by MD to express view here on behalf. We will keep quiet if the MD pushed the share price up to RM1 at IPO price and stop paying beggar dividend at 3 cents.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 09:28 | Report Abuse

1MDB suggested to delay in commencing works. So, its 1MDB faults or Ah Ben's faults in delaying EIA?

http://www.nst.com.my/node/65123

limko1

283 posts

Posted by limko1 > 2015-01-02 09:37 | Report Abuse

This is a company to be avoided as the characters of the major shareholders/directors are suspect.

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2015-01-02 09:48 | Report Abuse

pooket: Thank you for your comments. It is such sentiments that make me feel my time and effort to make my postings are worth it.

Comments from some of the others here are highly entertaining. They are not as vitriolic as the most famous anti-spinning troll on this forum, but amusing in how well they fail to even raise any new issues.

Especially the one coming from "I have sold all my shares". Not going to spend any time rebutting them, but if anyone else wants me to clarify why I consider those statements to be beyond inane, feel free to ask (be specific, please) and I will be happy to respond.

I find it extremely amusing that you're considered to be a "dictator" because you thanked me for my posts. Not because you said you agree with my postings, but because you thanked me.

What an entertaining start to the day. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I was reading it.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 10:40 | Report Abuse

@taciturn ... i dont meant you. You did a great job and service. Keep it up. I meant pooket except otherwise u r same person.

Frankly it is important for us to discuss this forum to point out any areas for us to discuss. To be frank, if we really analyse, i really wonder why their relative by name of Poo Lin Foo disposed his/her shareholdings from substantial shareholders to nil. I wonder he/she aware of RPT or reluctant to involve in brothers' struggle and why MD insisted that there is no misunderstanding withing brothers.

I really confused because words from Ah Ben really contradicting. Is it 1MDB will further delay even EIA approves later? Frankly, I think they lack of transparent causing shareholders guessing.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 10:41 | Report Abuse

if necessary, i will write in to 1MDB to seek clarification.

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2015-01-02 11:29 | Report Abuse

Whilst I stated that I'd ignore your posts before, I can't resist asking this one.

where: Please clarify where the MD insisted that there was no misunderstanding with his brothers?

You _do_ realise that the two older brothers were forced to resign or be fired. A Heads of Agreement had to be made and ratified (by minority shareholders) to undo the mess that they had caused, correct?

I hope this is not a case of katak bawah tempurung. You seem to be insisting all is well between the MD and his older brothers, la-la-la.

The older brothers are gone, finito, no longer serving with Benalec. You think that there is still no "misunderstanding" with them? This whole situation might have been swept under the carpet and never brought to light and we would not be aware of it. Instead Vincent Leaw stated, no cover up and everything came out and everyone's reputations (especially the two older brothers) took a hit.

From my perspective, the two older brothers are damned lucky that the AG's chambers have not hauled them up to court and demanded jail sentences for them. (I have not sought out the reasons for this, but it does not take a genius to figure out what has happened here)

The middle brother still retains a stake through their family holding firm, I've been told the reasons why he wasn't bought out, but I'm not going to put it up here. For me, said reasons were reasonably credible.

So please, do me a huge favour. Show me where exactly the MD stated that there is no misunderstanding between him and his brothers. I'd be delighted to read your source document on the matter... if it exists that is.

ykloh

514 posts

Posted by ykloh > 2015-01-02 12:05 | Report Abuse

There is a short note in Kenanga's research note for 2day that Benalec has been given permission to start work at Tg Piai on 31 December but cannot find similar announcement in the Bursa's web site for 31 Dec or today yet. Can anyone confirm.

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2015-01-02 12:44 | Report Abuse

ykloh: Was curious enough at what you mentioned that I've just asked someone in Benalec about it. Kenanga is wrong here. No such thing.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 13:26 | Report Abuse

@taciturn

1. Proof that the MD insisted no siblings rivalry http://www.thesundaily.my/news/916586. If you clicked the link, you not only read the news but you can see the King of Conman Face there too.

2. You have been told "The middle brother still retains a stake through their family holding firm, I've been told the reasons why he wasn't bought out, but I'm not going to put it up here. For me, said reasons were reasonably credible." By who? Did you know that by virtue of what you said, you can be caught under insider dealing. If it was the company which told you, the company in trouble because disseminate information unfairly.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 13:40 | Report Abuse

U cant see contradicting? earlier post said no tussle and the MD's ball mengembang said it bravery as below:-

SHAH ALAM (Dec 30, 2013): Benalec Holdings Bhd managing director Datuk Vincent Leaw Seng Hai (pix), who has increased his stake in the land reclamation company on Christmas Eve denied that there is a boardroom tussle between him and his elder brothers (http://www.thesundaily.my/news/916586)

After shareholders asked on his MD remuneration, his ball kecut and tried to find lame excuses and said need to settle board room tussle so getting RM8 million.

I agree with @Kukuman..... this MD is king of spinner !!!!! Each statements contradicting. What he said you need to interpret opposite. If he said approval on Q1 2015, it means not Q1'2015.

From Bursa announcement, the tussle begin on 28 October 2013 and resolved on June 2014 (date of EGM). 9 months paying roughly RM6 million? Based on performance? from when to when? So, the high remuneration is because of settling tussle or good performance in the past? Seems they not telling shareholders whole story & making us guessing.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 13:41 | Report Abuse

If u want to know more, lets see my friend get the job there not. Once get, i will ask him.

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2015-01-02 13:43 | Report Abuse

where: *facepalm*

Why were the brothers forced to resign? Because they committed CBT! Not because it's brothers fighting each other. It's not because one person says, "I want to be in charge!". Vincent Leaw is telling everyone that to make them understand that this is a more serious case of mala fide/CBT.

Can you please get that in your head? The brothers are out because they committed a CRIME. Faham tak?

And insider dealing? That is the biggest crap load of bullshit I've heard in a long time. Are you freaking kidding me? Tell you what, if you actually believe I've committed "insider trading" (which is the correct term) because I found out the reason why the second brother was not bought out, please do report me to the SC.

Holy mother of god. I am now reminded as to why I made a decision to stop responding to your posts. To call what you stated me to be (committing a crime, that's what insider trading is) imbecilistic would be the understatement of the century.

I try to limit myself from calling others names but seriously, kebodohan yang tidak boleh dibandingi.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 13:45 | Report Abuse

@taciturn .... i pity you deeply because you got con by them. If they told you because MD needs to settle siblings rivalry so high paid but earlier the MD said no siblings rivalry. PLS WAKE UP......

Later the MD will look for you again and tell you "you got punk'd"

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2015-01-02 13:52 | Report Abuse

And to sum up, if anyone wants to find out more about the company, learn to pick up the damned phone and call Benalec,email them, speak to the directors/management during general meetings.

Insider trading is when you learn information that gives you an unfair advantage in knowing how the price should move.

Fact: Leaw Ah Chye still owns a stake in Benalec through the family firm. The reason is a personal one, and if you want to know what it is, ask Vincent Leaw. When I asked him what would be considered harsh/embarrassing questions, he has answered them point blank.

How the f*** does knowing the reason why he's not been bought out make a bloody difference to the share price.

Bah, my mood is soured when I see stupidity of this level.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 14:00 | Report Abuse

@taciturn ..... bro... not intend to spoil your mood. I just showed u the link as u requested. I am not against you but on the MD. I from Melaka and i heard that the MD aware on RPT. You think the management and independent executive directors unaware? They are professional people. If they cannot detect, then they are others listed companies Independent Directors too?

I am sorry Taciturn. I thought you are send by the MD to defend him.

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2015-01-02 14:14 | Report Abuse

where: I note, you have:

1) Completely ignored my point, it wasn't a sibling rivalry fight! The two older brothers committed a freaking bloody crime! That's why they were forced to resign! Boleh kena hukuman mahkamah jenayah, faham ke tidak?
2) declined to respond on my point where you accuse me of insider trading. As this is a serious allegation, I'd suggest you man up, grow a pair and bloody well answer this. You accuse me of committing a crime, goddamn well explain how the hell what I did is a crime.

You have also again highlighted:
"After shareholders asked on his MD remuneration, his ball kecut and tried to find lame excuses and said need to settle board room tussle so getting RM8 million. "

Which is pure bullshit. I gave the answers that _I_ (not you, by your supposed remote control via information from a "friend" who attended) received from the board. I already pointed out The Edge effed up in their reporting and BFM simply picked up on the Edge. The remuneration had absolutely _nothing_ to do with the board room tussle. Re-read my previous postings on this point. Try to get that into your head.

Once again you have conveniently declined to accept all my points on this but instead choose to ignore it (I call this doing a kukuman).

I also note, where convenient, you have deleted your posts (some time earlier this week, or last week) where I had called them out to be what I believe them to be, pure bullshit. Note: we are not talking about deleting posts because of typos but because they've been proven (IMHO) to be bullshit.

One thing most posters on this forum might be aware of is that you can set your account to receive notifications of any replies on this board via email.

I reproduce to you one such notification:

"WE MUST NOT SUBSCRIBE THE BOND RAISING AND REJECT IT SO THAT THE DIRECTORS HAVE NO CHOICE BUT CONSIDER TO REISSUE IT AT 5% HIGHER RATE. ALSO AS VOICE TO SHOW OUR DISSATISFACTION ON THE MANAGEMENT

Comment by where at Dec 31, 2014 11:25 AM"

This comment was of course deleted shortly after it was posted.

If nothing else, this brings me to the conclusion that you're just whinging for the sake of whinging and you are one of those who hope to see the company go bankrupt for schadenfreude purposes.

Why the company should issue the bond at a higher rate (and pay out higher interest, which is an expense - lower net profits for the company) if one is a shareholder defies my understanding.

The only ones who would ask for it are those who are:
a) Not shareholders, hoping to buy in at a lower price - higher expenses lead to lower profit which usually leads to lower share price
b) Those of schadenfreude mentality - hoping to see the company go bankrupt so you can go, "Neener, neener!" - perhaps allies of the two older brothers who were dismissed for CBT?
c) kukuman

I do not know if you're kukuman in disguise, and frankly I don't really care. But for someone who supposedly sold all his shares, it sounds like you're one of the above three.

This is my absolute final posting to you. Feel free to jump up and down like a baboon for all I care.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 14:39 | Report Abuse

This taciturn really from MD CIA or investor relation of Ah Ben. So free to write so long to defend this conman company.

Wish to ask. what if Q1 2015 yet to get approval? I dont think the brothers were forced to resign but the directors so sad to see his youngest brother crazy of powers. Come one la.... you think MD, Independent Directors and Management are not aware at 1st place?

So how you get all info Taciturn? Did you know that if you call them, talk to MD and etc, they cannot reveal because it is deemed insider dealing. I am not accusing you but i am asking whether did Ah Ben told you information that not all shareholders knew? If yes, then Ah Ben is committing insider dealings because meeting shareholders behind scene and you Taciturn said the MD told you something that you do not want to reveal. Why not reveal? Because you deem it sensitive therefore sensitive = deemed insider dealing.

When u asked people to grow up, it means you are kids because so you cant see people's frustration and point of view. You view people thought as kids and thinking ur view is absolutely correct.

Comeone la..... the EIA already coming 4 years. In fact, u the one who need to mature.

Posted by YangBerhormat > 2015-01-02 15:22 | Report Abuse

juz few days only, profit 10% kaching~kaching! masuk pocket, kikiki

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-02 15:29 | Report Abuse

the MD secretly buy back scare people take over his company.

Tok Batin

29 posts

Posted by Tok Batin > 2015-01-02 15:31 | Report Abuse

Benalec Shares Up After Receiving Reclamation Concession Approval

firehawk

4,782 posts

Posted by firehawk > 2015-01-02 15:35 | Report Abuse

Benalec Shares Up After Receiving Reclamation Concession Approval

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 31 (Bernama) -- Benalec Holdings Bhd shares were up Wednesday after securing approval to commence works on the Tanjung Piai reclamation concession.

At 11.39 am, Benalec shares were up one sen to 57.5 sen with 948,100 shares changing hands.

Affin Hwang Investment Bank Bhd said the concession is estimated to generate around RM10 billion in billings and RM1 billion in net profit over 10-15 years, hence, significantly enhancing the valuation of Benalec.

The investment bank has maintained a "buy" call on Benalec, but revised upward the target price to 74 sen from 68 sen previously.

-- BERNAMA

Post a Comment
Market Buzz