STAR MEDIA GROUP BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): STAR (6084)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.385 - 0.39

Trading Volume

3 people like this.

2,707 comment(s). Last comment by dompeilee 2 months ago

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 13:37 | Report Abuse

Standard life bought 37,658,000 shares recently. You think these fund managers are less qualified than your local fund managers??

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 13:38 | Report Abuse

Everyday I receive HLIB whatsapp stock on radar but I can see clearly the selling queues were worrying

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 13:41 | Report Abuse

They (standard life) anticipated huge dividends payout. So long BN still in power nothing to worry so much. MCA needs the stable dividends payout every year!

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 13:42 | Report Abuse

Most of the insurance companies put significant amount of investment linked funds to Star for dividends yields. Check annual report

graynoize

162 posts

Posted by graynoize > 2017-08-22 13:46 | Report Abuse

Yes MCA needs stable dividend payout. But what is nobody buys newspaper anymore? Just walk around your neighbourhood, go to 7Eleven, petrol station, India shops or the places that are selling newspapers.

Whole stack there every evening. And if the circulation numbers continue to drop, the advertisement rates that Star can charge gonna plunge as well.

Basically the demographics are changing. Advertisers are now smarter. Why put ads in paper when you can have precise targeting on Google and Facebook.

graynoize

162 posts

Posted by graynoize > 2017-08-22 13:47 | Report Abuse

That's like an incoming doomsday. Careful there. The whole industry is in such a dire state you won't wanna risk it believe me.

graynoize

162 posts

Posted by graynoize > 2017-08-22 13:48 | Report Abuse

There are plans for paywall like WSJ, New York Times. But do you think Malaysians gonna pay for online news? Who wants to pay for Jibby and MCA stories.

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 14:17 | Report Abuse

Because of that most of the insurance companies paid super low bonus

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 14:22 | Report Abuse

Agreed....mca need stable dividend each year! Nothing wrong with that....the problem is when the operating business can't generate profit ....how to sustain the dividend pay out.....

How? ??? Liquidate asset??? Can it be sustain???

Lu tau gua tau...

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 14:25 | Report Abuse

Based on the previous valuation and assuming everything being the same....
Rm1.80 is the right price But with one condition...profit from business must be regain back...

Cabot!

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 14:25 | Report Abuse

Mioxi, can you get any company other than insurance co to cover your arse should you die, diagnosed with critical illnesses or accident happens? I am sure you have bought some sort of insurance to cover yourself. You pay a couple of hundreds ringgit a month thinking to have high coverage and high returns. It is like telling me you want to marry a 22 years old virgin with Victoria secret model kind of body and a rich like Jack Ma father in law.

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 14:33 | Report Abuse

Agreed! Insurance is for protection but not for investment return. However, that doesn't mean insurance companies can legitimate to simply invested their $$ in below average company. That's most of the insurance companies went busted in recent year.

Understand?

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 14:41 | Report Abuse

Invested in sunset company with incurred in operating loss but declared one off dividend from divestment of asset

BUT HOPES TO MAKE MONEY FROM THIS TYPE OF COMPANY IS TANTAMOUNT TO YOUR ANALOGY IN REVERSE WAY : marry 70 years old divorcee but expect pure virgin!

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 15:29 | Report Abuse

Where do you think insurance companies make money? Your tiny premium paid is invested to get returns. Stupitidy has no cure. People like you with that negligible amount of investment will only interested in stock like MLab, Mtouche. Hidup BN!

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 15:32 | Report Abuse

If the market is so efficient why those gurus are not making enough money but want to charge exorbitant ridiculously overpriced courses? Think? Investment is an art, not science.

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 15:48 | Report Abuse

Agreed! Stupidity has no cure ! Linking investment to your own political emotional inevitably kills all your intelligence and forced you to demonstrate youself as typical clown ...no better than a no brain dog!

No wonder semua barang naik and you proudly trumpet that slogan??? Damn "smart"! it's like couldn't finding single horse racing in Melbourne day!

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 15:51 | Report Abuse

蠢人没药,,,,,,,吖

graynoize

162 posts

Posted by graynoize > 2017-08-22 15:55 | Report Abuse

Hey Shining, you don't have to start scolding people stupid for no reason. Keep the discussion civil please.

graynoize

162 posts

Posted by graynoize > 2017-08-22 15:56 | Report Abuse

We might disagree but don't bring the BN mentality here.

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 16:00 | Report Abuse

"smart arse" like you who always think you are more intelligent than others ended up working for street smart guys. Those rich will never complain about barang naik. Where got expensive our goods? Check out Melbourne prices and you will be fortunate to live in Malaysia!

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 16:20 | Report Abuse

Check out Melbourne salary and real purchasing index and you will be suffered inferior syndrome. .....a real frog ....live under the well!

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 16:26 | Report Abuse

Let's don't be side tracked by the frog! Let's cross examine every single points discussed by others and complement with your own thoughts....

Heading towards a better investor ahead!

BullRunComing

1,449 posts

Posted by BullRunComing > 2017-08-22 16:48 | Report Abuse

@shinningStarBN

Check out Melbourne income and say it again.

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 17:10 | Report Abuse

Only bookworms will start to quote salary and real purchasing index. Rich businessman like us don't even bothered by all these barang naik things. We only know how to make big money in our business. Check out their property prices and most importantly for employees like you all how much personal income tax rate in Australia compared to Malaysia. We businessman laughing paying our corporate taxes here

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 17:17 | Report Abuse

If you ever felt that Malaysia barang naik, petrol price high, property mahal then you clearly not earning enough. Period

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 17:19 | Report Abuse

For employee like mioxi, suggest you go Singapore or Melbourne to work. You barely survive here judging from the way you think

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 17:20 | Report Abuse

ShiningstarBN.....the way you write confirmed that you are as naive as a newbie.

Don't tries to be acted like a businessman but a mere kais pagi makan pagi ...Brain pooper. ....much pokai than the noble street wage earner...

Shame! Shameful for cheating own self!

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 17:48 | Report Abuse

Dare to meet up to show you are merely a wage earner and I will show you the proof my company's turnover and profitability. The projects worth millions under BN.

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-22 18:33 | Report Abuse

I proudly declare here I m a noble wage earner with intelligent and critical brain!

I didn't say I am a business lady.....

Shame! What's the point in indulging self own cheating!

Pui. ..

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 18:33 | Report Abuse

Poor mioxi every morning drags her body without soul to work because she needed salary to barely survive, with a month bonus after a year of "hardwork," she invested that tiny sum in stock market "hoping"for a better returns. My sincere advice: if you want to be financially secured and independent, be your own boss. Start to do business. Dare to fail.

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 18:42 | Report Abuse

What an "intelligent pui". It tells a lot about yourself. You are just like many millennials living in denial.

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-22 18:50 | Report Abuse

This one is dedicated to poor mioxi www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-23 08:25 | Report Abuse

Childish newbie!

Businessman with contract worth few millions? ??? Shameful!

Pui! !!

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-23 08:28 | Report Abuse

To retest year low this week!

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-23 08:30 | Report Abuse

My opinion is substantiated by the latest financial result performance and pessimistic earning outlook in 2018 and onwards!

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-23 08:31 | Report Abuse

Worth to reexamine when price touching $1.80

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-23 08:31 | Report Abuse

Bye bye

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-23 10:20 | Report Abuse

I guess you really have not seen millions in your life, not in your lifetime, perhaps playing monopoly young girl, bye bye pula? Such a cutie pie like my daughter

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-23 10:25 | Report Abuse

Thanks for replying before you started your work in office at 8.30am. Btw, I just woke up....

Posted by Ini_kalilah > 2017-08-23 10:49 | Report Abuse

Walau..must be a jobless businessman.

Posted by Ini_kalilah > 2017-08-23 10:53 | Report Abuse

In a highly competitive business environment like now...you will be eaten alive if you behave like lazy bun shinningstarbn.

I think tenggelam terus star

Posted by ShinningStarBN > 2017-08-23 10:54 | Report Abuse

When you run your own business, you don't call it a job, it is business. Like my Malay business partner always say to people, you SOHAI ke Mioxi?

Posted by Ini_kalilah > 2017-08-23 10:59 | Report Abuse

Don't judge the book by its cover. The content count.

Judging from the content of tenggelam terus star, I can safely concluded he will be poor in his whole life.

Rich man works harder than this lazy poor man. Surely, he will be prisoned from reaching the rich kingdom!

Posted by Ini_kalilah > 2017-08-23 11:04 | Report Abuse

Robert kuok and Jack mah admitted openly working harder is pre requisite for reaching certain level of wealthy.

I think tenggeram terus star the self proclaimed millionaires is having milliom rupiah gua...

LOL

Posted by Ini_kalilah > 2017-08-23 11:10 | Report Abuse

Mioxi, you partially wrong when you mentioned shameful to this useless man.

He is worst than there..

Posted by Tan Kim Wee > 2017-08-23 23:15 | Report Abuse

need argue till like that meh

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2017-08-23 23:18 | Report Abuse

no need to argue lah rev and alcom let u see already after special div price drop,also star purposely announce special div 30cts to entice people to support the share price after profit fall so much. but after ex dividend it is likely below RM 2.00

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2017-08-23 23:20 | Report Abuse

star(mca),media(umno) both sama bangsa.....star profit down a lot and media loss a lot.....avoid these stocks at the moment. no growth and future for now

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-08-24 11:56 | Report Abuse

Based on previour record, it's unable to label star as growth stock.

With the recent few quarters of earning, the status of dividend stock is diminishing simultaneously with the loss in earning visibility.

Expect to hide the poor future prospect with one off special dividend derived from asset divestment is certainly undermine the intelligent investors but not the self-proclaimed big lazy bun/businessman!

Hehehe

Posted by moneykaching > 2017-08-24 19:12 | Report Abuse

Star Media has strong media assets. Its internet platform is widely read. It only needs to be monetized.

Its losses are due to softening of ad revenue which is temporary and also partly attributed to discountinued operations.

Star needs a shareholder activist to put pressure on its Board of Directors and management to unlock value further. It has not done enough to allocate capital wisely.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz