SIGNATURE INTERNATIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): SIGN (7246)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.04 (2.96%)

Day's Change

1.30 - 1.35

Trading Volume

2 people like this.

4,215 comment(s). Last comment by CosmosAtom 1 day ago

siowlang

45 posts

Posted by siowlang > 2015-05-26 13:55 | Report Abuse

Most welcome Dusti. My guess is probably that what the company needs is a roadshow for institutional investors to spur demand for the stock. The stock is currently pretty much retail driven (with some insti funds). But believe in due time it will soar up when the earnings growth is proven. Having said that also, this is a sub RM1b stock, and hence won't fall under a lot of insti radar as most of the bigger insti' mandate will be companies above RM1b market cap.

Not to worry, the earnings has already proven itself. Just hold and enjoy the journey up, slowly.. but surely.

Ntpboon

664 posts

Posted by Ntpboon > 2015-05-26 14:09 | Report Abuse

Relax, just for laugh...........

忽高忽低妳心情?
看了妳心跳不停。
好股趁早把它擒,
当机立断才能赢!

speakup

26,009 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-05-26 14:39 | Report Abuse

yesterday dont want to rebut. today rebut. what changed between yesterday & today?.... SENTIMENT!

Ntpboon

664 posts

Posted by Ntpboon > 2015-05-26 15:23 | Report Abuse

Relax, just for laugh............

饭后股民再捧场,
胜利者国际再涨。
昨日颓气已全扫,
轻跃即登龙虎榜!

Posted by HighRiskTrader > 2015-05-26 15:51 | Report Abuse

Wo throw again. ..

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2015-05-26 16:41 | Report Abuse

Sign has a paid up of RM120m and a reported free float of about 40%. A big chunk is probably in hands of institutions and long term investors with not very much in the market. Maybe when announcing the final results the management will consider a generous bonus issue to improve liquidity for the reach of more investors and achieve true value. Can't help being optimistic!

Posted by HighRiskTrader > 2015-05-26 17:19 | Report Abuse

Dusti, u mean bonus issue will affect the price to go down?

siowlang

45 posts

Posted by siowlang > 2015-05-26 17:27 | Report Abuse

Hi HighRiskTrader. A bonus issue does not affect your holdings whatsoever. On a formal level, companies undertake bonus issue to "reward" shareholders with additional shares. But in essence, it does not lend an upside to your holdings. If you have 10 shares worth RM1 each at market price, and if the company introduces a 1 for 1 bonus issue, you will essentially get 20 shares worth RM0.50 (after adjustment for bonus issue). On an informal level, companies undertake bonus issues to improve the liquidity of the stocks traded as there will be more shares available in the market, post-BI.

But of course this doesn't take into account the "syok" factor that the Malaysian market has with regards to Bonus Issues, which usually culminates in the increase in share price..

Hope that answers your question.

RosmahMansur

2,870 posts

Posted by RosmahMansur > 2015-05-26 17:47 | Report Abuse

I am so so happy with the progress today! Huat ahhh

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2015-05-26 18:13 | Report Abuse

TQVM ........AGAIN, siowlang for the very clear explanation to HighRiskTraders's question. My gut feel is that Sign's effective free float is much lower than 40%. Many people who buy this share will keep it for a long time, possibly for sentimental reasons that they have Signature gadgets in their kitchen. With the hoopla experienced by Sign in the last couple of months, apart from the excellent performance of the company, a higher share liquidity will yield positive results

YOLOOOO

1,676 posts

Posted by YOLOOOO > 2015-05-26 19:04 | Report Abuse

did sign gt a dividend policy?

RosmahMansur

2,870 posts

Posted by RosmahMansur > 2015-05-27 06:16 | Report Abuse

Cheapest stock in Bursa Malaysia

tallman

919 posts

Posted by tallman > 2015-05-27 10:52 | Report Abuse

I don't think the price will goes below 2.50 at the moment.

tattvooi

142 posts

Posted by tattvooi > 2015-05-27 12:23 | Report Abuse

dead in the water after only 1 day of hurrah?!Come on, don't let the party stop~

Posted by HighRiskTrader > 2015-05-27 12:46 | Report Abuse

I think someone collecting stocks in between 2.51-2.53

Posted by strykerjunior > 2015-05-27 16:04 | Report Abuse

I am not an investor in Sign but I feel that there is too much hype for a company like this. Although kitchen cabinet industry has a very high profit margin, there is no barrier of entry for a business like Sign's. You can just check around the shoplots near your housing area and see how many shops are doing kitchen cabinet alone in your own niche housing area.
Next in line is their purchase of two condominium units somewhere in Bangsar or Damansara. What is a kitchen cabinet company doing by purchasing condo units when you are supposed to focus on your niche business and developing it further. What is a suspect is either there is a dry-up of idea to develop their business or a sign that someone is just throwing money somewhere which benefits their own party. The owners can argue that there is money to be made in the investment, so there is nothing wrong with this move. If you agree to this argument, then you should be seeing a lot of the companies listed on Bursa doing a purchase or two of properties around KL or Singapore or even Britain and Australia.
For those analysts who are so keen or keeping their fingers crossed and legs crossed about a dividend play in future, then you may have to tune in to BFM today and listen to what the speaker has to say about rewarding shareholders with dividends. No commitment whatsoever from the guest (which I don't remember his name and I didn't finish listening to the radio interview).
A sunset industry and barely no barriers to entry industry is an industry to avoid. Of course PE and Earnings prospect is bright, there is no point in putting in more money into a stock which is in a sunset industry and does not plan to reward shareholders at all. Analysts or whoever who has interest in the company will continue promoting the company, yet the fact remains the same. Nothing is attractive in a kitchen cabinet company, thus explaining the low PE of the stock.

Posted by HighRiskTrader > 2015-05-27 17:02 | Report Abuse

Today collected many, tmr sure fly

ckwan11d

567 posts

Posted by ckwan11d > 2015-05-27 18:27 | Report Abuse

RosmahMansur, I would like to hear your view regarding strykerjunior's comment.

ramsyll

155 posts

Posted by ramsyll > 2015-05-27 19:19 | Report Abuse

I really would waste time trying to counter strykerjunior's comments. If he believes kitchen cabinet industry is a sunset industry then there is nothing that could change his perspective. It would mean that the "Condo property market" is also going to be a sunset industry ! The big condo property players will always throw in built-in kitchen cabinets (which had been contracted with the contractor) with various design options thrown in when they offer the condo's for sale. This is of course a win-win situation for both developer and contractor. This is the trend now even in Australia ! You might want your kitchen top to be made of solid gold or the cabinet handles to be solid gold but those are options you discuss with the developer/contractor when you purchase the condo... if you don't like the design, well you either don't buy the condo or after your purchase, you rip it off and rebuild it with your own kitchen cabinet contractor ! While I can agree there is no entry barrier... there is still a contractor track record to rely on and not just any tom dick harry kitchen cabinet contractor... for 200 over units in a condo??
Before a dividend commitment can be decided, the company needs to assess their cashflow, becoz this sort of kitchen cabinet contractor can only make claims for completed projects and subject to warranty period. Hence, they need to finance the project first, before getting their cash later. Over a period of time they can build their cash chest to finance future projects whilst balancing it with bank borrowings and pay dividends to shareholders.
Well... that's my 2 cent worth...

ImCK

2,983 posts

Posted by ImCK > 2015-05-27 19:24 | Report Abuse

strykerjunior memang bodoh la
sign re kitchen cabinet manufacture supplier
how come you compare with market those cabinet service lol
market those cabinet seller also taking with sign
retail compare supplier? z

soros228

2,034 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2015-05-27 20:03 | Report Abuse

Agreed. Will test the high again.

Vaylens Chong

1,120 posts

Posted by Vaylens Chong > 2015-05-27 20:27 | Report Abuse

Can buy?

RosmahMansur

2,870 posts

Posted by RosmahMansur > 2015-05-27 20:30 | Report Abuse

This stock is a growth stock. It has almost rm200mil of book value to date and has big contracts to build in kitchen kabinets / furnitures with UEMS and other big boys in properties. No doubt that the properties sector are undergoing cooling down situation, yet i belief that there are still development projects going on around Malaysia. Also, dont forget that Sign does not focus only on new developers' project, it also has purchased properties that has appreciation value.

I had read through its annual reports + quarterly, i feel this stock is a good buy and under priced at rm2.52. My personal TP is rm5.00 which is also the intrinsic value of it. I did accumulate it today and yesterday, i am looking at future, not just for tomorow or next year.

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2015-05-27 21:43 | Report Abuse

Am enjoying the above discussion involving disciples of Michael E. Porter and a very savvy lady investor. Here's my two bits.
* Signature is no ordinary kitchen gadgets manufacture
* Products are fairly high end and of very good quality and of innovative designs
* High end kitchens at homes are updated every three to five years...ask your rich friends' wives. Not a sunset industry.
* check the list of customers Sign is manufacturing for.....a long list is available somewhere.
* I think the savvy lady will be a big time winner, sooner or later, quite possibly sooner.
strykerjunior get on the bandwagon.......Good Luck to All.

soros228

2,034 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2015-05-27 22:48 | Report Abuse

2.52 is still undervalue. Buy for long term. TP 3.50.

wws2020

78 posts

Posted by wws2020 > 2015-05-28 08:08 | Report Abuse

3 months or 3 yrs?

ryan_och

304 posts

Posted by ryan_och > 2015-05-28 16:28 | Report Abuse

i think 3 yrs

Posted by Equityengineer > 2015-05-29 08:28 | Report Abuse

It's included in SC

RosmahMansur

2,870 posts

Posted by RosmahMansur > 2015-05-29 09:35 | Report Abuse

No power today?

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-05-29 11:22 | Report Abuse

Sell on new after quarterly financial result released

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-05-29 11:31 | Report Abuse

Ehmm..I already sell all at RM2.54, I buy on February at RM1.96, quite good profit for me...good luck to you all!

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-05-29 11:36 | Report Abuse

I have transfer my investment to EG. Quarterly financial result for EG will released today, EPS for last 2 quarter already accumulate 24 cents, estimate this quarter will show good result also. If yes, sure will surge on next monday..like Bintai and Jerasia today.

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-05-29 11:40 | Report Abuse

Muscle, I think SIGN still worth to invest, perhap need to hold it for next 3 month or half year. I will buy back also if I feel the price is attractive..

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-05-29 11:47 | Report Abuse

I bought 30 lots yesterday, average price is 75.2 cents

Bluey

349 posts

Posted by Bluey > 2015-05-29 15:20 | Report Abuse

Hi Kak Mah we know you are a proud shareholder of Sign and have been accumulating a lot. The share price is now STUCK. Please help push the price so that the small timers have opportunity to make some money. Thanks Kak Mah; we are counting o you

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-05-29 23:11 | Report Abuse

Muscle, forget EG. Quarterly financial result has been released today but not good.

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2015-05-30 20:53 | Report Abuse

Ch107 analyst predicts next week will be bearish. Will Sign advance or Gostan?

RosmahMansur

2,870 posts

Posted by RosmahMansur > 2015-05-30 21:06 | Report Abuse

Sign is undervalued for now, just hold for another 6 months, current market is bearish, all sectors are affected except export oriented stocks.

Posted by cheongyc27 > 2015-05-31 01:00 | Report Abuse

hold tight to enjoy the 4 sen dividen. It may take another 2 or 3 years to equip the present completed housing projects kitchen, which means sign still has lots of jobs to go for. Adhere to tp given by investing houses and you may make more profit later. Good luck

blackul66

1,334 posts

Posted by blackul66 > 2015-05-31 21:46 | Report Abuse

will put some of my fund in this counter next week. At current price , 30 - 40% upside is possible within 6 months.

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2015-06-01 11:43 | Report Abuse

When you wait 6 months (more or less) you are foregoing opportunities, whilst accepting RISKS. Another option, if you DO NOTHING you are safe from political nonsense. Sometimes I like doing nothing. Just drink good coffee and listening to country music. Be smart, join me!!!!

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-06-01 12:56 | Report Abuse

Starbuck coffee? Ok, I join.....

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2015-06-01 21:05 | Report Abuse

For really superb coffee, try DOI CHAANG, twice the yum @ half the price.............the formula for a good stock pick, twice the profit @ half the price. Cheers!

maxlim

322 posts

Posted by maxlim > 2015-06-01 21:11 | Report Abuse

30-40% within 6 months ? Malaysia stupid market .....,in China within a week you can easily make 50% ....,go and join China or Hk market la

blackul66

1,334 posts

Posted by blackul66 > 2015-06-02 10:01 | Report Abuse

since when you can't make 50 or even 100% within a few weeks in KLSE, goreng2 is everywhere, but if someone is wise enough, they will not put all of his money in those counter. I play those stupid pump and dump stock, but i limit it to 20% of my fund only.

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-06-02 11:18 | Report Abuse

Dusti, i dun want coffee, i need to buy SIGN now. Hihi..

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2015-06-02 11:36 | Report Abuse

If you have bought or already holding a bit (plenty) you are on a roll. Then you can buy gallons of great coffee. Good luck!

ethankin

153 posts

Posted by ethankin > 2015-06-02 11:47 | Report Abuse

Thanks!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz