FGV HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): FGV (5222)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

1.08 - 1.10

Trading Volume

35 people like this.

49,339 comment(s). Last comment by speakup 4 days ago

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-02 16:35 | Report Abuse

@FGV_ FGV expands rubber business to Europe, North America

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/fgv-expands-rubber-business-europe-north-america
02/10/2020 2:44 PM

Currently, high on my agenda are 4 sectors and they are sitting on Top 4 Position in my Business Plan for this year (KLSE and Nasdaq) Here are my Top 2 Sectors..

P1. Healthcare, I have a collection of 12 companies under Healthcare including Gloves Fantastic Four. My motivation is to contain Convid 19. One of them is the World No 1 Producer of Gloves and Malaysia is the World Largest Exporter of Gloves.

P1 Healthcare is already on AutoCruise

P2. Plantation, I have a collection of 11 Plantations. My motivation is to feed more than 3 billion peoples across 200 countries. One of my Plantation is World No 1 Biggest Palm Oil Plantation and Malaysia is the World 2nd Largest Producers of Palm Oil.

Another Plantation, FGV has 60,000 hectares of rubber plantations which is process to produce premium Standard Malaysian Rubber (SMR) which compliments my Gloves Collection. Malaysia is the World 3rd Biggest Producer of Rubber

P2 Plantation is currently on Engagement Mode as I'm in collection mode..

Always stay invested..

Meow

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-02 17:25 | Report Abuse

closed still above rm1

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-02 22:32 | Report Abuse

Indeed. This happens when palm oil futures decline as they extended losses today, tracking a drop in crude and Chicago Board of Trade soyoil prices.

The benchmark palm oil contract for December delivery on the Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Exchange had fallen 2.1% to RM2,730 a tonne by the midday break.

CBOT's soy oil contract fell 1.1%, as farmer selling offset support from Wednesday's bullish US quarterly stocks report and strong weekly export sales.

Palm oil is affected by price movements in related oils as they compete for a share in the global vegetable oils market.

Crude oil, which fell over 1% on Friday over worsening demand prospects due to the Covid-19 pandemic, also weighed down prices. Cheaper crude makes palm oil a less attractive feedstock for biofuels.

Palm oil may revisit its Sept 30 low of RM2,708 per tonne, as it could have completed a bounce from this level.

Meow

williamtkb

3,216 posts

Posted by williamtkb > 2020-10-02 23:20 | Report Abuse

Trump got Covid-19 positive. Next week fgv limit down?

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-03 00:05 | Report Abuse

Sometimes KLSE has its own life...

Meow

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-03 00:09 | Report Abuse

... and life goes on. People need to feed. Festive season is coming soon

Sometimes I wonder if Trump really got C19. He is an expert in deception to gain sympathy.

You need to remember how he won the election. Hillary was winning all the way until the final moment.

Let us not hedge about one thing. Donald Trump may win or lose, but he will never concede...

Meow

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-03 08:40 | Report Abuse

https://m.malaysiakini.com/news/544978

Khairuddin,

Put your good brains & doctorate to use in resolving this issue. The impact is big on smallholders so get on the job right away. Your predecessor, Teresa did a great job. Learn from her!

Posted by Chua Joe Beng > 2020-10-03 09:00 | Report Abuse

avoid penny stocks in plantations! palm oil still hv problems with India (boycotting palm oil import), EU (environmental issues) n now USA on labour issues.

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-03 09:47 | Report Abuse

@Chua Joe Beng avoid penny stocks in plantations! palm oil still hv problems with India (boycotting palm oil import), EU (environmental issues) n now USA on labour issues.
03/10/2020 9:00 AM

Well I have both..

Oil palm producers have for the last 15 years become the lightning rod for the public’s growing anger on issues relating to deforestation, global warming, subpar labour practices, and transboundary haze. Only a silent few have questioned these allegations, leading the vast majority of the public to swallow these headlines hook, line, and sinker and leaving the narrative unchallenged.

It is as if the endless supply of information in today’s modern era, through quick and easy forms of digital content, has reached a point of overload. Sadly, it has worn us down and induced a premature form of mental fatigue, taking away our ability to distinguish between credible research and catchy clickbait, and ultimately what is right and wrong, and whether we should even question it.

The palm oil industry is a vital agricultural player today, globally. While it only occupies less than 0.5% of the total area under agriculture today, it accounts for 37% of all the oils and fats produced in the world and continues, in spite of the Covid-19 calamity, to secure jobs for well over five million people globally, most of whom are smallholder farmers who depend on this crop for their livelihood.

Is everything perfect and rosy? Absolutely not. The oil palm – like all agricultural crops – requires one thing: land. And this is where the dilemma arises. In this context, we must acknowledge that the oil palm has contributed towards large tracks of deforestation, even though over the last 25 years it has accounted for less than 5% of global deforestation.

Boycotting palm oil and replacing it with an alternate vegetable oil is, of course, a decision that people or big brands are free to make. However, the price for such an action will be high, as it is proven beyond doubt that replacing palm oil with any alternate vegetable oil will result in using up to 10 times more land to produce the same quantity of oil.

Even the International Union for the Conservation of Nature and the World Wide Fund for Nature have recognised this, urging for and supporting the production and use of sustainable palm oil to prevent greater impacts on the environment, biodiversity and communities.

The problem with studies like Mr EU is that they single out the oil palm without putting things in perspective and informing the reader that commodities such as beef, soy, maize, poultry, timber production and more account for over 90% of the world’s deforestation today, and are still in their infancy when it comes to providing consumers with a supply chain that does not come from recently deforested land.

Palm oil, however, has such a scheme in place today, assuring buyers of no deforestation, no new peat land development, and no exploitation of workers. The scheme is called the Principles and Criteria and is set by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). It is a standard that I can state with supreme confidence goes beyond any similar sustainability standard in the world today, including oils from olive production in Spain, rapeseed production in France, soy production in the United States or canola production in Australia.

The palm oil sector is far from perfect and I will be the first to state that there is still a long road ahead in terms of making sustainable palm oil the norm, but the first steps were taken over 15 years ago to create a multi stakeholder platform, where buyers and consumers could be assured that the palm oil in the products they use and consume has indeed been sourced sustainably.

The aspirations remain high, and today we see the Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil (MSPO) and Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO) certification schemes, providing an amazing platform to raise the floor of the “many” instead of just focusing on raising the ceiling of the “few”.

Together, we will drive the RSPO, MSPO and ISPO standards forward regardless of spurious claims by people like Mr EU and hopefully take inspiration from the words of wisdom from the late Chinese philosopher, Confucius: “It is better to light a candle than to curse darkness”. Sustainable palm oil is the “light” – it is the future – and any efforts to squash this movement will only move us back into darkness, where we will lose our way, remain silent, and fail to speak up when half-baked truths grab headlines.

In the end, this is about taking ownership and holding fast – especially when the headwinds are the fiercest. It is about appreciating that sustainability is a shared problem, requiring individual changes that must start today. This includes you.

Meow

Slc1

855 posts

Posted by Slc1 > 2020-10-03 11:28 | Report Abuse

Mabel, I also doubt Trump got C19.

Posted by Chua Joe Beng > 2020-10-03 15:48 | Report Abuse

Wilmar International Limited, founded in 1991 and headquartered in Singapore, is today Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar is ranked amongst the largest listed companies by market capitalisation on the Singapore Exchange.

In Bursa Malaysia, its listed company is PPB.

Wilmar is one of the world’s largest oil palm plantation owners with a total planted area of 232,940 hectares (ha) as at 31 December 2019, of which about 65% is in Indonesia, 26% in East Malaysia and 9% in Africa.

Sustainability
In ensuring that our plantations and mills operate in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, we are guided by our No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation Policy that, applies to our own operations aswell as all third-party suppliers. Concurrently, we continue to pursue the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil certification standard as a core element of our sustainability strategy for our upstream operations.

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-03 16:36 |

Post removed.Why?

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-03 23:57 | Report Abuse

Mabel @Chua Joe Beng avoid penny stocks in plantations! palm oil still have problems with India (boycotting palm oil import), EU (environmental issues) n now USA on labour issues.
03/10/2020 9:00 AM

Chua Joe Beng @Mabel avoid those plantations stocks that hv poor fundamentals!
03/10/2020 10:04 AM

Slc1 Mabel, I also doubt Trump got C19.
03/10/2020 11:28 AM

supersinginvestor @mabel..dont invest in cheap plantations..stick to.utdplant n klk only....the rest r scary....sop n hapsengplsnt oso ok . But nothing else...just a thot...fgv is not worth 40cents...
03/10/2020 12:45 PM

Yes Sic1.

Like I said earlier, let us not hedge about one thing. Donald Trump may win or lose, but he will never concede...

Joe and Super,

Warren Buffet said "Never invest in a business you cannot understand.”

I suppose everyone have different views in making their respective investments. For me, it is easier if you invest on something that goes in line with the country’s direction and at the same time doing something that will benefits this Country as well as the Global community. I always has this rule of thumb when I made my investments. I do this as it will benefits the people surrounding me and also to the Global Community. 10 years from now as I look back, I want to feel that I was part of these success stories. Just to give you a flavour, here's my Business Plan for 2020 for my 5 Boutiques based on Margin.

P1: HealthCare
P2: Technology
P3: Plantation
P4: Oil & Gas
P5: Visit Malaysia Year

Plantation was earlier on P2. It has now dropped due to my continuous accumulation on few Plantation counters this week

I have now 11 Plantations under my collections.
1. FGV
2. Sime Darby
3. KL Kepong
4. IOI Corp
5. Sarawak Oil Palm
6. TaaNN
7. TSH
8. Jtiasa
9. TH Plantation
10. Boustead
11. TDM

Combined, these plantations has more 2.5 million hectares of land. I will collect United Plantation when UP starts is on consolidation mode as you know every stocks has its own life cycles.

My motivation to invest in Plantation:

- Export revenue RM 67.6 billion (6.1% GDP)
- Feeding more than 3 billion people over 200 countries.
- B20 biodiesel for the transport sector by end-2020. Demand to increase palm oil by 500,000 tonnes per annum. Indonesia Petromina has mandated the use 3 million tons per annum and they are short of capacity.
- The demand for palm oil will always grow due to the population and economic growth in China and India, our two most important buyers. In actual fact, the financial situation in USA and Europe have little effect on this business. Which business can give you more than 100% profit margin? Currently collectively my Plantation sectors is giving me 3 digits Profits Margin.

So it doesn't matter which plantation you choose, you will still contribute to the above milestone.

Sime Darby is World No 1 Biggest Palm Oil Plantation and Malaysia is the World 2nd Largest Producers of Palm Oil. FGV beside Palm Oil has 60,000 hectares of rubber plantations which is process to produce premium Standard Malaysian Rubber (SMR) which compliments my Gloves Collection. Malaysia is the World 3rd Biggest Producer of Rubber. Likewise TDM, completes my collection of Healthcares selections since they have Hospitals across the country when my vaccine Collection is ready.

Back to history, Palm Oil started to make Malaysia its home on a large scale in the 1960’s. This started when the Malaysian Government introduced a land cultivation scheme for the purpose of planting oil palm trees.The purpose of this scheme was to eradicate poverty and raise the standard of living for the rural population. Today, palm oil grows and flourish in palm oil plantations which can be found throughout the country, from Perlis to Sabah. This is an industry that is affecting many farmers and our country. Surely more actions will be installed in the pipeline. Plantation and Healthcare are two industries that I view as part of giving back after gaining so much..

Talking about fundamentals, if you look at some of the penny plantation, their fundamentals is not as bad like we see in the Oil and Gas sector. Beside none of them are even PN17 companies. I have collected 3 PN17 Companies for my learning curves. TH Heavy has now registered 7 Consecutive Profits, Scomies has also registered 3 Consecutive Profits (excluding bail out parent Scomi). Barakah has now registered it's 2nd profits. All these counters has registered double digit growth. All of them are doing great to my Energy P&L. It's a good trading material. Scomies, Barakah and TH Heavy will be another great Turnaround stories, just like Armada, Velesto, ICON and Sapnrg. You are welcome to visit any of these PN17 Companies and see for yourselves the challenges they faced. None of them has gone bankrupt.

Lastly, as long as you follow the Pareto 80/20 Rule and stay invested on something that is closed to your heart, you will be fine.

Meow

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-04 00:31 | Report Abuse

Anyway, I hear what you are saying. For my Healthcare and Techs Boutiques selection, I only goes for the very strong fundamental companies.

For the other 3 Boutiques, it's a combination between a Blue Chips for long term Hold and Non Blue Chips for trading.

As long as you follow the Pareto 80/20 Rule and stay invested on something that is closed to your heart, you will be fine.

So, Listen to your Heart...

https://youtu.be/yCC_b5WHLX0

Meow

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-04 22:13 | Report Abuse

Meow Meow Meow

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-05 09:51 | Report Abuse

green

8888_

2,919 posts

Posted by 8888_ > 2020-10-05 11:31 | Report Abuse

FGV hopes to lift US ban on its palm oil, products as soon as possible

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 5): FGV Holdings Bhd said it working towards resolving issues related to the ban on the company’s palm oil in the US and getting the US Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) withhold release order (WRO) against palm oil and palm oil products made by the plantation group lifted as soon as possible.

FGV said in an emailed statement in response to queries from theedgemarkets.com that it is unable, at this stage, to provide a definitive timeline to resolve issues related to the ban, but the company expects the matter to be resolved in several months.

"We hope to meet with the CBP as soon as possible. At the moment, we are not in the position to indicate when such a meeting will take place as that depends on the CBP.

Sponsored Content

Vision of a future maker: Sustainable investing as a multi-decade opportunity
During the pandemic-driven market downturn this year, ESG (environmental, social and governance) funds and indices have outperformed traditional ones, highlighting the opportunities and strengths of sustainable investing

READ MORE
"There is not much information about the sort of evidence needed for the lifting of the WRO. Information that is available in this regard is rather vague. Therefore, getting clarification from the CBP on this matter is a priority for FGV, so that we could submit to the CBP the necessary evidence.

"Since August 2019, FGV has been submitting information about its efforts and initiatives in enhancing its labour practices to the CBP through our legal counsel. We will indeed continue to engage and communicate with the CBP to provide them with additional information and evidence of the various programmes we have carried out and continued to implement to enhance our labour practices,” FGV said.

Last Wednesday (Sept 30), the CBP said in a statement that effective from the same day, at all US ports of entry, the CBP would detain palm oil and palm oil products made by FGV, its subsidiaries or joint ventures (JVs).

The CBP said its Office of Trade directed the issuance of the WRO against palm oil and palm oil products made by FGV based on information that reasonably indicates alleged use of forced labour.

"The order is the result of a year-long investigation that revealed forced labour indicators, including abuse of vulnerability, deception, restriction of movement, isolation, physical and sexual violence, intimidation and threats, retention of identity documents, withholding of wages, debt bondage, abusive working and living conditions, and excessive overtime. The investigation also raised concerns that forced child labour is potentially being used in FGV’s palm oil production process," the CBP alleged.

Brenda Smith, an executive assistant commissioner of the CBP’s Office of Trade, alleged in the statement that "the use of forced labour in the production of such a ubiquitous product allows companies to profit from the abuse of vulnerable workers".

On Bursa Malaysia today, FGV’s share price was up one sen or 0.97% at RM1.04 as at the time of writing, giving the company a market capitalisation of about RM3.76 billion.

The counter saw 2.56 million shares traded.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/fgv-hopes-lift-us-ban-its-palm-oil-products-soon-possible

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-05 12:15 |

Post removed.Why?

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-05 14:47 | Report Abuse

Meow Meow Meow

I'm sure FGV will resolve the issues...

Meanwhile focus on India and China plus other markets

US export is less than 5%

Just follow the 95/5 Rule

Meow Meow Meow

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-05 15:20 | Report Abuse

steady

cbkia4896

933 posts

Posted by cbkia4896 > 2020-10-05 15:51 | Report Abuse

down two more ticks can? i want buy warrant
lol mabel how many counters u meowing at

Shadows

462 posts

Posted by Shadows > 2020-10-05 16:18 | Report Abuse

Can fgv kick if US drop the bom?

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > 2020-10-05 17:43 | Report Abuse

what happen? so long didnt notice it

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-05 20:26 | Report Abuse

This is not the first time that such claims had been raised. The manufacturing sector faced similar allegations; we provided an explanation and part of the issue has been resolved...

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/malaysia-hopes-us-govt-will-accept-fgvs-explanation-%E2%80%94-mustapa

Meow

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-05 20:28 | Report Abuse

“NASH always ensures the welfare of more than 650,000 oil palm smallholders, including Felda settlers. With an average of 5 people per household, this action will definitely affect more than three million people who depend on this commodity crop in the future.”

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/savemalaysia/2020-10-05-story-h1514452256-Smallholders_association_slams_US_import_ban_on_palm_oil_products_from_.jsp

jk20598

213 posts

Posted by jk20598 > 2020-10-05 20:30 | Report Abuse

No words from PM,Agri Minister, so on..how?This country is such a pondan state,no fighter spirit sighted so far!

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-05 20:33 | Report Abuse

@cbkia4896 down two more ticks can? i want buy warrant
lol mabel how many counters u meowing at
05/10/2020 3:51 PM

Nice to see you here too CB...

Why not?

FGV has 60,000 hectares of Rubber Plantations that will support of our Gloves Industries. In addition, FGV Palm Oil also support our Innature Body Shops Products.

I love FGV and her sisters just as much as I love our Gloves and Body Shops. All these stuffs makes me looks radiance and beautiful...

My Johnny couldn't get enough of me...

Meow..

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-05 20:46 | Report Abuse

@jk20598 No words from PM,Agri Minister, so on..how?This country is such a pondan state,no fighter spirit sighted so far!
05/10/2020 8:30 PM

I agree.

TSMY, please change him..

I miss my sister Teresa Kok. She did a great job when she was the Minister. Our Gloves and Palm Oil were the talk of Bursa..

Meow..

5354_

4,766 posts

Posted by 5354_ > 2020-10-06 08:52 | Report Abuse

Better let PH rule back? After all PH won GE14 not BN.

5354_

4,766 posts

Posted by 5354_ > 2020-10-06 08:54 | Report Abuse

Ex-minister slams ‘astonishing’ US decision to ban FGV products
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2020/10/06/ex-minister-slams-astonishing-us-decision-to-ban-fgv-products/

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-06 09:52 | Report Abuse

Teresa has the fighting spirit. That's why I like her...

Thank you Sister !

You are my inspiration !

Meow Meow Meow

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-06 09:59 | Report Abuse

@5354_ Better let PH rule back? After all PH won GE14 not BN.
06/10/2020 8:52 AM

Usually I don't like to comment on politics. To me both are the same. What we need is skill and talents and Teresa has it. Current G should take her on board for her skill and fighting spirit.

When Bush came into power he engaged Clinton on some of the task for the benefit of US.

WE should do the same. !

Meow

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-06 10:45 |

Post removed.Why?

ian0311

49 posts

Posted by ian0311 > 2020-10-06 10:47 |

Post removed.Why?

hng33

20,313 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2020-10-06 10:54 | Report Abuse

bought back FGV at 1.03

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-06 10:58 | Report Abuse

I'm still waiting at RM 1..

Meow

No_margin

18 posts

Posted by No_margin > 2020-10-06 11:11 | Report Abuse

Play contra/margin? Why demote?

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-06 11:31 |

Post removed.Why?

bigdigkai

11 posts

Posted by bigdigkai > 2020-10-06 12:36 | Report Abuse

a pattern i notice: whenever comments about a stock becomes active here, more likely for it to fall...

wehcant

1,259 posts

Posted by wehcant > 2020-10-06 12:38 | Report Abuse

Current minister tido. Memang takde guna punya menteri.

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-06 13:36 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by TraderMr27 > 2020-10-06 14:09 | Report Abuse

u guys ready to fly high? Don't forget, buckle up :)

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-10-06 15:19 |

Post removed.Why?

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-06 18:40 | Report Abuse

Meow Meow Meow

Mabel

23,939 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-10-06 18:48 | Report Abuse

Date Settlement Price RM