BOUSTEAD PLANTATIONS BHD

KLSE (MYR): BPLANT (5254)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

16 people like this.

12,577 comment(s). Last comment by felixstella 4 weeks ago

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 2023-10-06 11:31 | Report Abuse

Any history on KLK as a predatory business entity?

Posted by youarewelcome88 > 2023-10-06 11:45 | Report Abuse

@Bursino... The owners of KLK are some of the finest & respected business people in Malaysia

Mabel

23,654 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2023-10-06 11:56 | Report Abuse

Yes indeed...

https://www.nst.com.my/business/corporate/2023/10/963574/klk-still-prowl

Kenanga Research said the failed deal was not a total surprise as the signing of the agreement had been postponed twice, initially from Sept 11 to Sept 22 and then again to Oct 6.

The firm noted that the impact on KLK is positive in the near term as weak BPlant's earnings are expected over FY23 to FY24 and KLK would have to bear additional borrowing costs if the deal materialise..

KLK is on Target to hit RM 25 and at the same time continue looking for other plantation to buy as they have been doing before this as they are flush with Cash.

Summing up..

Mabel also see KLK is trying to help LTAT through it's difficult times... indirectly the military personnel & the veteran. They are the biggest losers if LTAT fail..

Today Bplant is trading below Mabel's selling price yesterday. It was a wise decision to lock profits yesterday..

Mabel FarMeow

Sohailau

38 posts

Posted by Sohailau > 2023-10-06 12:10 | Report Abuse

I wonder what wrong with the malays brain. Do they have any? Or they feel marvelous to keep failing since they are shameless in their own country?

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2023-10-06 12:14 | Report Abuse

In year 1986 KLK was traded at only RM5.00. If it is not a well managed and growth plantation company how would it be traded at RM21.40 today? Go and figure out.

titan3322

2,491 posts

Posted by titan3322 > 2023-10-06 12:22 | Report Abuse

With weak CPO price now you go figure out if the bailed out by LTAT also kaput 🤣🤣

Posted by youarewelcome88 > 2023-10-06 12:28 | Report Abuse

@Mabel... As always good decision

Yippy68

1,687 posts

Posted by Yippy68 > 2023-10-06 12:30 | Report Abuse

I heard tyranny is a daughter of a billionaire . She do not need to work That why she is here to smell out butts

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2023-10-06 12:37 | Report Abuse

CPO price fluctuates up or down. 20 years ago CPO price was traded at about RM2,000+ yet oil palm plantations business was still profitable. Many other factors have to be taken into consideration whether a company can make profit or not other than CPO price.

icecool

4,905 posts

Posted by icecool > 2023-10-06 15:16 | Report Abuse

waiting to buy the dip if any

RJ87

5,121 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 2023-10-06 16:37 | Report Abuse

The intention LTAT to take over KLK for general offer save bplant from bloodbath…until it’s confirmed, will slide 5sen a day until 64sen

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-06 18:58 | Report Abuse

Over the past 2 days , see many angry members here, some even lash out uncalled for racist comments .
These people are very angry because there isn't any double limit down or bloodbath situation with respect to Bplant share price after the KLK deal was called off.

I think there is absolutely NO NEED TO BE ANGRY. Just let the event to gradually unfold and make judgement after that. At present, outsiders like us don't have factual knowledge what led to the collapse of the SCA, apart from the reason that the condition precedent couldn't be met by cut off date.

If you are hungry for double or triple limit down stocks, there are already many out there waiting for you to buy. LOL.

ken

673 posts

Posted by ken > 2023-10-06 19:17 | Report Abuse

I was Boestead holding share holder when it privatized. LTAT put out rumour again and again. When asked, they say has intention and no date. It drag for very long time. Until bstead at dirt cheap of Abt 60sen they only confirmed at 85.5sen...its assets with more than rm4... basically I don't trust LTAT..

ken

673 posts

Posted by ken > 2023-10-06 19:21 | Report Abuse

I strongly believe bplant rm1.55 still long way to go. And a lot of drama along the journey.. I personally feel not worth... only Abt 15sen. I rather find somewhere else. Possibility can earn more...by the time privatised materialised.

RJ87

5,121 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 2023-10-06 19:26 | Report Abuse

JohnZhang, without the “intention” of LTAT to take over KLK, it is suppose to be bloodbath…so, that “intention” is to prevent a bloodbath and nothing more.

Now, that bloodbath is avoided, without a confirm date, all it does is slide back to 65sen.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-06 19:35 | Report Abuse

RJ87, you ,like anybody else, entitle to have a view. Just trade and be guided by your own view. If you are damn sure, go to short the share all the way to 65sen.

It is absolutely unacceptable if you have also made racist comments in the past 2 days.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-06 19:40 | Report Abuse

Anyone shorting the share today if you damn sure LTAT's intention for GO is a scam ?
Dare you do it on Monday when the share price is still about $1.40!

Posted by youarewelcome88 > 2023-10-06 21:11 | Report Abuse

@Johnzhang...I am puzzled why you use the word... GO is a scam? and the need to short the counter? I am sorry if my views offended you though it is not my intention

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-06 21:57 | Report Abuse

youarewelcome88, it was a question asked to the many who seem so sure that the intended GO by LTAT is a scam. You got to read all the comments by various people in the past 2 days to understand what I mean.
-----------------------------------------
youarewelcome88 wrote :
@Johnzhang...I am puzzled why you use the word... GO is a scam? and the need to short the counter? I am sorry if my views offended you though it is not my intention

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-06 22:03 | Report Abuse

Some people can simply shoot their mouth off.
--------------------------------
Tyranny wrote :
One otakudang said 1 day slide 5sen wahahaha

Posted by youarewelcome88 > 2023-10-06 22:07 | Report Abuse

@Johnzhang... On my part, in the announcement... 'aim to proceed' as used by LTAT indicates a fairly loose word to their intentions. It is for that reason I use the word 'not legally binding'. Cheers

titan3322

2,491 posts

Posted by titan3322 > 2023-10-06 22:20 | Report Abuse

If you have tonnes of money then you can buy some for a 10% returns even if you have to wait for a year to complete it but if there's a U turn again then you risk losing 50% of your money it's that simple ! Anything can still happen 😀😀

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 2023-10-06 22:30 | Report Abuse

Anger? Who is angry?

Just say there's plenty of drama. Some grossly exaggerated. Some could have used better choice of words. I can understand the emotions and empathize with them. It's money! There will be winners and losers. However I strongly believe it has nothing to do with the price limit up or limit down. Personally I think BPlant, LTAT and Boustead Holdings or maybe Bursa could have handled the whole affair with a higher level of professionalism. The pressers wrote "deal shrouded with controversies' which I believe there maybe some truth in it. I don't need to chronicle the events. To the suspicious minded people or conspiracy theorists (not me though),they may even come out with theories to suggest some parties may be complicit in engineering the price movements. Let this be a lesson.

Posted by youarewelcome88 > 2023-10-06 22:31 | Report Abuse

@titan3322...I do agree with you. I actually am waiting to see if LTAT is appealing to the decision. Hopefully nobody takes this seriously. It's what you wrote... Anything can happen

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:29 | Report Abuse

John is right. Indeed there are quite many who are angry…or even eager to see the deal break + racist comments. Odd la you people.

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:32 | Report Abuse

It is clear LTAT has every intention to proceed w the offer. The only issue is money. Actually this isn’t a bail out per se. A bail out is more like MAS or Pharma, u inject the $ and it evaporates. BPlant, when Govt funds LTAT for the acquisition, they’re buying back hard assets for a song. Since the same people who condemn the Govt & LTAT are the people who think KLK is very smart, then it’s a contradiction to think KLK is paying $1.55 for rubbish.

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:35 | Report Abuse

Boustead Holdings buy out was cheap and indeed they flip flop.

The scenario however is markedly different.

Firstly they scrapped the plan on Covid grounds. In 2021, without the benefit of hindsight - it’s actually not that hard to empathise w them. Remember how we felt businesses would do in 2021?

Secondly they cited change in LTAT leadership and strategic review. Mind you, the change has resulted in today’s CEO and the 2023-25 strategic plan and that’s why they privatised BHoldings few months back.

In that episode it’s no longer about flip flop but about LTAT really underpaying and buying Boustead for a steep discount. No typical racist comments can be made, in fact if anything, they are the smart ones lor

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:40 | Report Abuse

BPlant, I think the 2 days meeting was running simultaneously in many parts.

One of which is PMX’s assurance of funds. He already disclosed he gave them 300M on Monday - it coincided w the share collapse on fears deal off - precisely because Anwar is giving LTAT $.

Anwar further said he’ll look for 2B for them. Why 2B? 1.1B is to buy out BPlant, and 800M is to fund Boustead debts.

Connecting the dots, it’s very likely the deal was breaking on Monday because of Govt intervention. KLK was in the dark, as recent as the preceding Friday they were still buying and assuming deal is on.

So news would have leaked to the market as usual and sell off ensued.

However as much as KLK deal break was known, it wasn’t yet known of LTAT’s own intention.

That 2 days meeting firmed up their position to buy out BPlant themselves

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:47 | Report Abuse

Initially I was wondering how the PN small fry can affect PMX and this deal. Didn’t make sense. Low political threat.

As the LTAT offer is revealed it is increasingly clear to me it has little to do w that PN guy. No credit should be given to him. It was firstly a decision of LTAT’s pride (especially the Veterans) and secondly a commercial decision.

Culturally the pride of Malays and Veterans is something to be mindful of. Did u see how it was phrased - LTAT selling off land which for a century the arm forces earned w their blood. Like that how to sell, hear already must respect…

If Govt can inject 2B, commercially it is obvious LTAT will be better off. LTAT is only selling because of cashflow problems and therefore it is getting the shorter end of the stock. No $ this KLK deal is very good. But it is a Govt entity afterall…if it has cashflow then they could turn around and privatise it first instead. Since they have 68% it’s easiest they do it. Also only they know what’s in their books. Also they don’t have to reveal books to KLK. Also it’s not difficult to think that BPlant can find something within BPlant to divest to Govt or Albukhary for $1B. Heck even gearing up w bank loans is possible w Govt backing. Didn’t SSLee mention about solar. PMX just committed UAE for RM38B in renewable energy. If you want land for solar farms, BPlant can offer some possibilities…

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:50 | Report Abuse

The way the offer is made reflects only on the haste in which it’s required.

But give them a break la…have to finish talking to KLK break the deal, have to get hold of PMX cum FM secure funding before dare to break

And market opens on Thursday, no time consult IB no time do up nice paperwork fast fast issue letter preempt any share crash first

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:51 | Report Abuse

In terms of the Thursday suspension and letter, Okla class act from LTAT this time

Really, they could have delayed just a bit, let it crash, and then even if LTAT themselves don’t buy, the people in the know and their family and friends would have made a killing

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-06 23:54 | Report Abuse

If u ask me, this deal going through even trumps SIME UMW…no EGM issue no other shareholder issue and judging from sentiment no issue of 1.55 being unfair

And most importantly for us stock traders - the market agrees. Pay some respect to the market - with months to go before pay out and no offer docs, they are buying it from you at circa 10% discount only. It reflects the certainty of a deal going through

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-07 00:00 | Report Abuse

Bringing BPlant value back to $1.55 also has accounting benefits for Boustead to distribute dividends to LTAT and then to its members. If LTAT let it crash there should be marked to market losses in asset valuation (unless fight like Top Glove don’t impair SBB ya ok irrelevant jk) and impedes dividend distraction.

Also, this industry there are windfall sometimes. After 2021-22 they should see the huge leakage of dividends given to outsiders (us shareholders) instead of 100% to their members

UncleFollower

1,513 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 2023-10-07 00:02 | Report Abuse

Flip it around there is zero sense for LTAT to let BPlant free fall after all this hoo ha. Why? To buy it cheap 2-3 years later? Cannot…it looks too bad. Can even sue for breach of directors fiduciary duties - how can you reject a $1.55 offer today and then offer to buy at $0.855 2 years later?

Also, PMX doesn’t only have LTAT to take care of. There’s a reputation to maintain la.

2B peanuts to our indebted Govt. Next year cut subsidy got $ already ma. Do this, everyone looks good, everyone happy except for some people here I don’t know why lol

Posted by Bruce_Wayne > 2023-10-07 01:05 | Report Abuse

Jangan lepaskan pegangan Boustead Plantations
September 18, 2023

https://harakahdaily.net/index.php/2023/09/18/jangan-lepaskan-pegangan-boustead-plantations/

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 2023-10-07 01:41 | Report Abuse

Please do not underestimate the power of the social media in the hands of those who are clever at manipulating falsehoods and adept at disinformation. Dezinformatsiya! Virality triumphs veracity !

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-07 06:30 | Report Abuse

UncleFollower, I take my hat off to you for spending time to put things in perspective for the benefit of many. I fully concur with your view.

Those angry people who lashed out racist comments, discredit PMX and condemned present Unity government are those who missed the boat to make good money. They sold their shares at 65sen, 75 sen, 85, sen or 95sen when the share price continued to climb to their disbelief. Their hope to buy back at previous price level shattered when LTAT said the GO goes ahead. That's the reason for the anger!

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-07 06:50 | Report Abuse

Some see the LTAT-KLK's SCA9 (if go thru') as doing a big favour for LTAT at generous price. Let me tell you that KLK IS NO ANGEL! For those who has long enough business experience with KLK can tell they are very shrewd and calculative businessmen.

KLK and Boustead jointly own Applied Agriculture Research (AAR) which provide agronomy advisory to both KLK and Bplant. Thru' AAR, KLK has full and accurate information and assessment on Bplant's estates which other bidders don't have. KLK went into the SCA with the knowledge that there was big gain to be realised eventually and of course they have the expertise to do it.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-07 06:59 | Report Abuse

In NST today.

KUALA LUMPUR: The Armed Forces Fund Board (LTAT) assumes the role of the buyer for Boustead Plantations Bhd (BPlant) to safeguard market integrity and fairness, according to chief executive Datuk Ahmad Nazim Abdul Rahman.

Under the strategic collaboration agreement (SCA), LTAT was a party to the joint offer with Boustead Holdings Bhd and Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (KLK) for the remaining shares in BPlant.

"We stepped in to be the buyer of BPlant to mitigate any potential legal risk and to protect the integrity and the principle of fairness imbued in our capital market.

"This, as advised by our lawyers, gave rise to a legitimate expectation on the part of the minority shareholders that the mandatory general offer (MGO) would proceed," he told Business Times.
Ahmad Nazim added that LTAT has sufficient funding to undertake the MGO.

Disclosing the reason for the collapsed deal, he said it was due to Boustead's inability to meet the conditions precedent to the deal.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2023-10-07 07:10 | Report Abuse

The key words are "potential legal risk " , "legitimate".

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 2023-10-07 08:48 | Report Abuse

unhealthy to spew diatribes in a public forum which does not bring benefits. preposterous to insinuate. inane to assume. mundane people live in chambers believing in their own echos.

Essentially some parties to the deal SCREWED UP super big time. The statement is purely crafted to MITIGATE the damages and far-reaching consequences to the already battered financial market. The damaged is already done and cannot be undone. Ended up being a buyer is an exercise to salvage any pride and dignity left on the sour deal.

Bursino asked 2 days ago in this Discussion:

Can any people with legal knowledge enlighten shareholders if they may collectively take this matter to court?

Sslee

5,775 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2023-10-07 09:44 | Report Abuse

Repost:
Do no argue with a fool. He will drag you to his level and beat you with his repeat playing broken record/insult.

Lesson learned: Do not stoop so low to their level.

“When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level. No, our motto is: ‘When they go low, we go high’.”

The Late Show host said: “I totally understand going high when somebody goes low, but the bar is so low that staying at your own altitude still means higher. Do I actually have to go up here or can I just be normal? Do I have to be a saint? Because down here, I’m pissed off!”

Michelle Obama replied: “For me, going high is not losing the urgency or the passion or the rage, especially when you are justified in it.

"Going high means finding the purpose in your rage. Rage without reason, without a plan, without direction is just more rage. And we’ve been living in a lot of rage.”

She added that going low is “unsustainable” and explained: “If going low worked, we’d do it. It might be a ‘quick fix’ but it doesn’t fix anything over the long term.

“I’m trying to push us to think about solutions that will actually unite us and get us focused on the real problem. That’s what I mean when I say, ‘go high’. So yes, go high. America, please go high.”

Secret to happiness and success

“Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not.”

i3ivestor forum comment, house rule (not under my control, so live with it) but you can choose to totally ignore those good for nothing cyber trolls.

In life you are going to come across many type of people so choose who are to be your friends, associate with and who to avoid/ignore because your future success and happiness will depend on this critical choice

Bursino

244 posts

Posted by Bursino > 2023-10-07 10:04 | Report Abuse

Buttered Butts.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2023-10-07 10:09 | Report Abuse

Do not worry loh....!
By June 2014 Rm 1550 cash per share will masuk pocket mah!
This Ltat takeover of bplant no play play, supported by Anwar & back by Malaysia Govt loh!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2023-10-07 10:12 | Report Abuse

Bplant takeover return is like putting monies in fixed deposits for 6 mths & getting return of 25% pa if u buy bplant at rm 1.39 to 1.40 loh!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2023-10-07 10:27 | Report Abuse

I thought u sold all your bplant & put all to TSH ??

Posted by calvintaneng > 3 minutes ago | Report Abuse

Shhh

Keep quiet lah

Posted by youarewelcome88 > 2023-10-07 10:36 | Report Abuse

@UncleFollower, @Johnzhang & @Sslee... I find the LTAT/KLK discourse healthy & I enjoy the participation. Sadly I actually am seeing the Boustead Group of Companies moving towards joining the PN Club, not the political alliance but Bursa's PN17. Would appreciate your views. Thanks

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2023-10-07 10:38 | Report Abuse

Do not worry loh!

Uncle Anwar will prevent this from happening loh!

Uncle Anwar will make sure LTAT run well like EPF mah!

Posted by youarewelcome88 > 2023-10-07 10:48 | Report Abuse

@stockraider...Ha ha... I hope you are right. Cheers

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2023-10-07 10:56 | Report Abuse

I m right loh!

My source 007 investigation team always give an accurate credible intelligence for me mah!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz