Be the first to like this.

200 comment(s). Last comment by murali 2015-04-27 10:49

moven00

705 posts

Posted by moven00 > 2015-02-23 00:35 | Report Abuse

I have read so many investing books and spoken to some old timer investor,
Their advice to me when it come to margin is....
Please avoid "B" . "B" here is not only borrowing from banks or whatever financial institution to invest but also borrowing from relative to invest.

AVOID LEVERAGE

Whereas Mr Koon is the only one talking non stop about his so called successful leveraging.

malaysian

93 posts

Posted by malaysian > 2015-02-23 00:40 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by OptimusBig > 2015-02-23 00:41 |

Post removed.Why?

malaysian

93 posts

Posted by malaysian > 2015-02-23 00:50 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by OptimusBig > 2015-02-23 00:53 | Report Abuse

1000 likes to MAlaysian.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,080 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-02-23 00:53 |

Post removed.Why?

malaysian

93 posts

Posted by malaysian > 2015-02-23 00:53 | Report Abuse

thank you OptimusBig

Seilok

54 posts

Posted by Seilok > 2015-02-23 00:58 | Report Abuse

Well said Otb

Posted by OptimusBig > 2015-02-23 01:09 | Report Abuse

Smc

OTBKYY

1 posts

Posted by OTBKYY > 2015-02-23 04:22 | Report Abuse

When it comes to business, it is a dog eats dog world. You think businessmen just simply give you free lunch?

paperplane

1,403 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2015-02-23 06:23 | Report Abuse

i think be fair. OTB alredi recommend vs since dec2014, it shows most of his call correct. Apa lagi u all mahu?

lotusf1

1,159 posts

Posted by lotusf1 > 2015-02-23 08:47 | Report Abuse

choosing right stock its I am inclined to look its growth based on solid trajectory.n .translated into uptrend momentum...by which sofar VS does.....
the facts don't lie n cannot be manipulated so don't compare with Jtias ,Mudajya....VS is totally different animal n inshallah gods willing, it culd trend higher towrds its highest limits.

king555

131 posts

Posted by king555 > 2015-02-23 09:14 | Report Abuse

to be fair for OTB.he had called buy for this VS for some times d..but just wonder why kyy only call buy now after the price gone up so much..wat is the intention behind?

Ravi Kumar

3,496 posts

Posted by Ravi Kumar > 2015-02-23 09:15 | Report Abuse

All I can say while the losers complain, moan and groan the stock continues to move upwards. The past is the past move on. Stop being the two monks and the lady. The junior monk was still upset that the senior monk carried the lady across the river on his shoulder.

Two Monks and a Woman–Story
The story of Two Monks and a Woman is a very well known Zen story. There are many versions of it, but the origin is not clear.

Here, this story can both stand alone and also provide a different perspective to the post immediately below this one (Eliminating Mental Bias Decision Errors).

A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her.

The senior monk carried this woman on his shoulder, forded the river and let her down on the other bank. The junior monk was very upset, but said nothing.

They both were walking and senior monk noticed that his junior was suddenly silent and enquired “Is something the matter, you seem very upset?”

The junior monk replied, “As monks, we are not permitted a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The senior monk replied, “I left the woman a long time ago at the bank, however, you seem to be carrying her still.”

Comments:

The older monk, his mind free, saw the situation, responded to it, and continued to be present to the next step after letting the woman down.

The younger monk was bound by ideas, held on to them for hours, and, in doing so, missed the experiences of the next part of the journey.

Get a life losers!!!!

paperplane

1,403 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2015-02-23 09:25 | Report Abuse

I can only say, it will never be too later to recommend buy when a stock has stable longterm growth path. Who knows, VS might go up to RM6-RM7 someday, when they secure more contracts from Keurig??

Ravi Kumar

3,496 posts

Posted by Ravi Kumar > 2015-02-23 09:33 | Report Abuse

@paperplane You can see from the comments from the usual suspects, they can't seen beyond the growth potential but would rather attack individuals personally. It is your own money how you use it is up to you. No one put a gun to your head to buy. What has happened is that it has moved up and losers being losers do what they do best. Mope moan and groan

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-02-23 09:38 | Report Abuse

let's put this straight, if you think VS intrinsic value is higher than current price, KYY or Najib or anyone can super pump and dump, in the long run the stock price will still rise back and reflect the intrinsic value.

About VS, VS is in plastic molding business, you need to ask, is it the only company that can do that? Then you have to ask, what makes VS so special another company cant compete? If you cant come out with an answer, it is likely VS is pretty hard to sustain their current growth.

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-02-23 09:56 | Report Abuse

earn BIG not talk BIG. KYY please let me sell at 5.00, I just bought 100000 shares @ 4.00

Ooi Teik Bee

11,080 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-02-23 09:58 | Report Abuse

I know Mr Koon more than anyone here. To be fair to him, this stock was recommended by him to me in December 2014. I just did my homework on TA and FA to ensure he can buy big on this stock.
We had many discussion at length, we have many information which yet to be confirmed and I know VS is a fantastic stock.
I refused to recommend a buy at 4.14 because I do not wish readers here to blame me if they lose money.
Mr Koon is willing to put his neck on chopping block, hence he posted this article here. We have a lengthy email communication during CNY holidays.
Do not underestimate this 82 years uncle, he is good in stock selection. He checked with me very often before he buys. He expects a lot of information from me to ensure his investment is sound and good. He is willing to cut loss fast when he is wrong in his selection. I can only say that he is sharp and a good entrepreneur.

He recommended Jtiasa to me and also Mudajya, I refused to buy because these stocks cannot pass my stock selection criteria.

I just cannot understand why so many readers attacked him without knowing the details. Both of us work very well in term of investment, he made a lot of money from the stocks he selected.

I do not want to get involved in this case, please leave me alone and please do not say that we are a con man here.

Mr Koon is a noble person, he is willing to put his head on chopping block here to recommend this stock. Please do your homework yourself before you buy, please stop to condemn him here. Past is past, please recognise that he helps a lot of poor by giving scholarship. I am not that noble like him to do it his way.

Thank you for your understanding. I repeat ... I am not willing to recommend a buy at 4.14. Please do your homework before you buy ... I repeat.

Thank you.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:08 | Report Abuse

So do you think his intention is noble when he promoted Rsawit, Jtiasa, Mudajaya n Xinquan in I3 by using some flawed analysis? Do you think he is also noble in intention to promote VS n Latitute at current historical high level, while he is sitting on hefty paper gain now?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:12 | Report Abuse

Do you agree with his forecast of RM0.70 EPS for VS this year and his TP of RM7 basing on PE of 10 times?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:13 | Report Abuse

Clearly you do not share his optimistic forecast and that's why you are not willing to recommend a buy at RM4.14....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:14 | Report Abuse

That's the reason u gain much more respect in I3 than the old man

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:15 | Report Abuse

Even though he is much much richer than you.....and also his social status is much much higher then u.....

Ooi Teik Bee

11,080 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-02-23 10:16 |

Post removed.Why?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:17 | Report Abuse

And you are just too humble to say that KYY shared the stock info with you....I believe u are the one who recommended him to buy VS, Hevea, Latitude etc....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:19 | Report Abuse

I did my homework and I wouldnt simply buy in any stock just because some VIP told me to buy so....hence I never follow any of KYY's call

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:22 | Report Abuse

However, some (especially newbies) tend to be deceived by one's status (Super Investor, half billionaire etc) and followed them blindly n go Holland....while you may say that they deserved so as they do not do their homework...but are them the only one to be blamed??

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:25 | Report Abuse

After I did my homework on the old man and studied thru his way of making money thru Rsawit, Jtiasa, Mudajaya etc and I give my frank opinion here...not because I have personal issues with him (like followed his calls and go Holland)....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:28 | Report Abuse

The only reason I believe why he is back now after a long 7 months silence is to harvest.....on his VS and Latitude....Good luck

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2015-02-23 10:42 | Report Abuse

It could be another noble lesson for newbies after Rsawit, Jtiasa, Mudajaya n Xinquan episodes.

chonghai

478 posts

Posted by chonghai > 2015-02-23 10:49 | Report Abuse

Murali, different people has different risk appetite. Risk is always very subjective, depending on character as well as knowledge.

KYY justify VS to be cheap at RM 4.14. Perhaps he only looked at the last 2 quarters. Perhaps he believe that last 2 quarters result would be able to sustain, or perhaps he believe that the solar business would hit a jackpot.

OTB justify VS to a buy at RM 3.5. If you read his post in VS you would know that he arrive at RM 3.3 to RM 3.5 through technical analysis. Why OTB does not recommend buy RM 4.14 ? Could be due to the fact that he is more risk adverse than KYY, or perhaps he prefers more quarterly result to confirm the turn around ? Or it could be that he has been looking at VS chart for a long while at the range of RM 1.8 and RM 2.4 and the anchoring effect has caused him to feel that RM 4.14 is expensive. We never know. He probably don't know either !

I believe it is fine KYY share his view. Whatever his agenda behind, we will never find out. Even if his objective is to unload VS, he might make a mistake selling a star too soon.
When a blogger shares his view with noble intention, not necessary that will benefit the followers.
When a blogger shares his view with ill intention, not necessary that will harm the followers.
As long as he is sharing facts, I believe it is ok. For people who follow his call and get burnt, they need to look at themselves. Final decision on investment is always our own.

On the other hand, if you feel what KKY recommend is dangerous, just continue to post to warn others. The request to remove his post and leave the forum is just too much.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:54 | Report Abuse

I am just thinking it will be better If KYY can focus on doing other right things (charity an political stuffs etc) which will earn him a better reputation and a more meaning life...instead of making some small money (relatively small to him....) from this forum....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 10:56 | Report Abuse

I am not very sure whether he is the one doing this or his operator is doing on his behalf....but it's rather pointless to make this kind of money in the expense of his good social reputation ....not worth at all

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-02-23 11:03 | Report Abuse

i3investors has a lot of knowledgeable, independent thinking and savvy investors nowadays. That is a good development in investing community. There are indeed some very good comments here. I like to chip in some.

I don’t believe there is this “noble intention to help you to make money”. We are all human beings, and we are not Mother Theresa, nor we are saints. Human being is inherently selfish, and his own interest always comes first. Let us be realistic.

If you think otherwise, and act as if strangers are noble to make money for you and you end up losing your hard earn money, you only have yourself to blame.

It is a jungle out there in investing. The only hope you have is to arm yourself with all the necessary knowledge, stand behind the shoulders of giants (make sure you know who is a real giant), practice and gain the experience, if you want immerse yourself in the investing jungle with the hope of making some good returns.

In Bursa, there ain’t no tooth fairy

Good luck.

mych11

97 posts

Posted by mych11 > 2015-02-23 11:05 | Report Abuse

What is the impact to VS on Keurig recall of 6 mil units?
If VS is impacted, have they insured for product liability claims?

Units

About 6.6 million in the U.S. and 564,000 Canada
Description

This recall involves Keurig® MINI Plus Brewing System with model number K10 (previously identified as model number B31). Recalled brewers have an identification number starting with “31” followed by a range of numbers printed on a white sticker on the bottom of the brewer. They are single-serve, hot beverage brewers and were sold in 13 different colors with silver trim. Colors include black, red, white, cobalt blue, aqua blue, purple, platinum, emerald, yellow, orchid, bayberry, mauve and poinciana. The recalled brewers measure about 11 inches tall, have a “Brew” button, three cup size brewing options (6 oz., 8 oz. and 10 oz.), and a removable drip tray. The water tank is located on top of the unit towards the back. K10 is marked on the packaging. Recalled units were produced between December 2009 and July 2014 and can be identified by the serial number printed on a white sticker on the bottom of the brewer:

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/Keurig-Recalls-MINI-Plus-Brewing-Systems/

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-02-23 11:06 | Report Abuse

The reason why I respected KC very much is that he is always rational and neutral, besides his willingness to share his FA knowledge here...though KYY is his client he will not simply polish him....

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-02-23 11:17 | Report Abuse

kcchong , i like your comment
KYY already very very rich, had been quiet for several months, he will earn more respect if he diam-diam buy and diam-diam donate. leave the politician trait aside , no one can understand one's good intention. problem is that he can not keep quiet, at the end , he gain money but loose respect

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-02-23 11:23 | Report Abuse

if I am that rich like KYY, money is not a big deal to me , if I feel vs can hit 7.00 then I am not worry to buy at 5.00. so my suggestion to kyy, next time you want o share you good intention, share first before you had already earn a lot.
still remember the prevous article, I backed you up so much foryou good deed but now I turn hentam you gao-gao

gray

1,158 posts

Posted by gray > 2015-02-23 12:50 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by OptimusBig > 2015-02-23 13:13 | Report Abuse

Laugh me die lor..

Seilok

54 posts

Posted by Seilok > 2015-02-23 13:16 | Report Abuse

Murali, is KYY KC's client?

paperplane

1,403 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2015-02-23 13:18 | Report Abuse

I think the only way is do your own homework lor. Heard of this famous quote? People can make a RM100K decision faster than they order fast food in McD.....

DO thorough homework before making your decision and review from time to time.

For example, Mudajaya recommended by KYY, he might be right and yet I think political risk is too high in India. As the central govt basically has no control over the state, and tons of documents to fill in to do biz there. Not so easy lah. So luckily I avoided this stock when last yr it has potential to get its power plant started.

Well, it might eventually start, maybe not so soon, yet I have avoided it and buy into exporting stocks in view of weak MYR. I am happy now making decision from the situation that time.

lenglui

163 posts

Posted by lenglui > 2015-02-23 13:20 | Report Abuse

To r°Moi ,

Why he need to answer your question? He just shared his opinion and experience. He will not point the gun on your head and force you to buy.

We are adult, we should responsible for all gain or loss.

Posted by OptimusBig > 2015-02-23 13:20 |

Post removed.Why?

lenglui

163 posts

Posted by lenglui > 2015-02-23 13:23 | Report Abuse

Those antier keep on pointing on Mudajaya, JTiasa and XinQuan. Skipped those good shares introduced by him. For what?

paperplane

1,403 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2015-02-23 13:24 | Report Abuse

I think KYY dare not appear here for some time as looking from time now, his call on Mudajaya, JTiasa and Xingquan during that time might not be looking good. Yet, investing is longtime biz. We need like 10yrs to judge a good or bad buy. Judging now is just too short of time frame

lenglui

163 posts

Posted by lenglui > 2015-02-23 13:24 | Report Abuse

OptimusBig,

KY introduced Heave, Latitud and export companies in other channel few months ago. All given very good return.

Seilok

54 posts

Posted by Seilok > 2015-02-23 13:26 | Report Abuse

Optimusbig, what is ur recommendation ?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz