17 people like this.

235 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2022-03-18 13:18

PeterNg

409 posts

Posted by PeterNg > 2015-03-04 17:25 | Report Abuse

I also lost money before... i used be intra day player.
Buy on high then sell at low.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-04 17:34 | Report Abuse

john, to apologize for my idiotic comments and disrespectful and unthoughtful for others' feelings, I am going to reveal to you. I am going to tell you how to be happy in life and be prosperous later on.
Step 1: You must not live for yourself (貪) and at the same time you must not live for others (嗔), this is an important mistake that most people make in life (癡). How to avoid being greedy, fear and folly? Make this your first goal in investment, this is how the master do it and this is his first few quote from the Internet. I have a quote from Warren Buffett: 1. "Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1"

2. "In a bull market, one must avoid the error of the preening duck that quacks boastfully after a torrential rainstorm, thinking that its paddling skills have caused it to rise in the world. A right-thinking duck would instead compare its position after the downpour to that of the other ducks on the pond."

3. "The fact that people will be full of greed, fear or folly is predictable. The sequence is not predictable."

4. "Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."

Read more: http://www.marketfolly.com/2009/09/top-25-warren-buffett-quotes.html#ixzz3TPK6xXuS

My version:
(1)Look for something small to you to do: you must protect yourself even in small areas, be very particular even on really small and minute details.
(2)You should not think you are better than your competitor in any time of your life and underestimate them. Look for your own mistakes and not others or else you will be angry with other people later on.
(3)The same sequence I mentioned to you.
(4)Do not be afraid to confront trouble. Act only when there is a trouble, you need to become not afraid of trouble in order to avoid future trouble.
(不要怕現在的麻煩你將來才不會有麻煩). That is why mistake is inevitable!

The rest you have to help yourself.

PeterNg

409 posts

Posted by PeterNg > 2015-03-04 17:36 | Report Abuse

Good comment.
Solute.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-04 18:20 | Report Abuse

John: fear (Buffett)and angry (mine) is the same. In quote 2 of Warren Buffett, what is the mistake of the stupid duck he was trying to point out, do you know?
It is a common mistake: we are either thinking we are damp good ourselves or that we are fear (afraid) to ask question. The duck didn't ask question, john, either, the duck is thinking he is damp good or he is afraid to ask question when he sees that his thinking ( or situation or position)is different than other people. ok!That is why the duck later on become the roasted duck! You see, Warren Buffett's ingenuity from here?

Posted by localmotive > 2015-03-04 19:01 | Report Abuse

You are perfectly correct. It's a risk we take when we buy and I am thankful for your truthfulness. You have guided many for so long and I hope you will continue to guide us. Please don't lose heart. Many are still tuning in to your blogs.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2015-03-04 19:52 | Report Abuse

thank you for being kind - bro..

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > Mar 4, 2015 02:07 PM | Report Abuse

Ayamtua, bro, the stock market is not so interesting today. But I am more interested in your writing. So, I am just writing for fun. we are using emotion in seeking both growth and potentiality and that growth is subjective...and...this got me thinking......Of couse growth is subjective to many factors such as sunlight, fertilizers, and milk powder so growth is subjective for a plant. But I haven't heard about growth that is permanent for a human being that is subjected first to emotions. In my opinion, actually growth for a person is not subjective but potential is (the aspect of doing things)is based on growth (our own potential (ability) now and whether it would increase the potential (ability) some more in the future). For a person, not plant, potential is subjective, and you need to know that potential is subjected to growth for a human being. Without past growth, how can you have the potential now to day anything in the first place? Learning comes before growth for a person, and change comes before learning, and mistake comes before learning and so on. All together the human cycle has 5 stages: (1) Mistake (2) Learning (3)Change (4)Growth (5)Potential. and (6) is what others in your life think of you, your reputation and composure. Thanks for sharing on previous post.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-04 23:53 | Report Abuse

My criteria of investment in stocks is very simple as follows
- Right Business Model
- Right Management that focus on enhancing the biz model to turnaround the biz, deliver Profits, deliver Increasing Profits , deliver increasing free cash flows
- Right entry price

In any market meltdown, one can be greedy when everyone is fearful as one has plenty of opportunities to buy low and wait out to sell high.

As the market rebounded and does a trend reversal, one should buy at relative higher low and sell when the price is near/at/exceed its intrinsic worth

Please do not forget the primary objective of everyone here is to make money. If things do not work accordingly then one must limit one's investment loss immediately to preserve capital. If you do not preserve your capital, you will reduce your capacity for future profitable investment.

I treat stock investment as a business...the stock must make money for me and I do not have any emotional attachment to any stock invested neither do I fall in love with the invested stock.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 00:08 | Report Abuse

Mr KYY gave a valuable recommendation on VS recently.
How many investors here do the homework(despite Mr KYY recommendation) by asking the following questions
- Does VS has the right business model
- Does VS has the management that delivers increasing profits
- What is the right entry price for VS at that material time??

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 00:25 | Report Abuse

You are wrong. All here know Ooi Teik Bee was the one that recommended VS and Latitud. KYY only came after both stocks gone up 60% and at the same time take credit for Ooi hard work. Do not hookwink newbies into thinking KYY is noble.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 00:34 | Report Abuse

Are you a permanent prisoner of your own subjective prejudices against Mr KYY?

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 00:39 | Report Abuse

Are you unable to think? So many have given their side of story. We are here to warn newbies. Is that wrong?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 00:46 | Report Abuse

Are you the self appointed leader for the "NEWBIES"?? Who are the newbies ??? Could you name all these newbies?? Have you approached all these newbies personally that you want to be their leader and have all these newbies consented to you that you are their leader? or you just merely appoint yourself as "the leader of newbies"??

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 00:47 | Report Abuse

And are you self appointing yourself to defend KYY?

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 00:48 | Report Abuse

We are not here to discuss about you or me. We are here to explain to newbies about scam this old man is operating.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 00:51 | Report Abuse

You have just stated that "We are here to warn newbies. Is that wrong?"

Have all the newbies appointed you as their leader or you just merely self appoint yourself as the "LEADER OF NEWBIES?"

malaysian

93 posts

Posted by malaysian > 2015-03-05 00:53 | Report Abuse

Sunztzhe, r u KYY side kick? i suggest everyone stop commenting on "Koon" post .pls donot give him any more air time.. as for "Charity Koon ", he should cheerish watever little time left n go have fun with his grandkids..

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 00:53 | Report Abuse

As the "LEADER OF NEWBIES".... Where are the NEWBIES, Who are the NEWBIES that you are leading???

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 00:55 | Report Abuse

How did you came to conclusion that I am self appointed leader for newbies? Did I say so?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 01:00 | Report Abuse

No one has any right over anyone here in i3 forum to the extent of telling or suggesting what he/she should do. Do you want any other person to usurp your personal right to decide on how you shall live your personal life??

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 01:03 | Report Abuse

Have you forgotten what you had just said ....
quote: "We are here to warn newbies. Is that wrong?" unquote.

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 01:03 | Report Abuse

Does that include you?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 01:06 | Report Abuse

Are you relinquishing your position as the leader of newbies now since none of the newbies halve appointed you as their leader??

chebicef

174 posts

Posted by chebicef > 2015-03-05 01:12 | Report Abuse

I can't believe I just saw the other sides of AyamTua and sunztzhe. lol

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 01:13 | Report Abuse

Many fell for KYY scam in Mudajaya and JTiasa. And I wish somebody did warn me about KYY. As I read old posts, I realise that some did forewarn back in 2012. This is my noble intention to help newbies or those who just join I3investor forum. So that they can think and decide for themselves who to trust

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 01:17 | Report Abuse

"I want the stupid idiotic commentators to know that every day when VS goes up by 10 sen we are richer by 1.5 million Ringgits because my wife and I own 15 million VS shares."...ya right. Ask yourselves who are those stupid idiotic commentators he is referring to.

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-05 01:18 | Report Abuse

He brag making millions, guess how much he gave to "charity"...enough to keep feed the chicken?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 08:45 | Report Abuse

We are here to warn the newbies....what's wrong with that? Must we be the leaders of the victims then only we can warn them??

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 08:53 | Report Abuse

Are you suggesting us to get a full list of the newbies then we can only post to warn them??

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2015-03-05 08:54 | Report Abuse

to warn is one thing, to be able to give solutions another thing..
any tom, dick and harry can spot a danger for not falling into the hole..
its always a feat to give solutions before falling into that hole..
we all will fall someday (its in the human nature)

the questions is which holes one decide to fall into ?

1. a good hole which lead to another hole - to your salvation.
2. a black hole to which no light cant escape
3. or a fun hole? i prefer no.3 : fun hole kikkiii

it's how you responds during failing in any rational or irrational situations that matters. we are all here exist to fullfil purposes either good or bad

murali
922 posts
Posted by murali > Mar 5, 2015 08:45 AM | Report Abuse

We are here to warn the newbies....what's wrong with that? Must we be the leaders of the victims then only we can warn them??

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 09:02 | Report Abuse

Will Koon Koon come back with "My response to comments on "My response to commnets"??

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 09:08 | Report Abuse

If Koon Koon could post here in Nov/Dec while he bought VS & Latitude at low prices then he will now become a Hero and I will whack whoever attack him on his "noble intention"...Again,his timing to promote these counters on 22 Feb after these two counters shoot up a lot certainly draws lots of doubts on his intention....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 09:11 | Report Abuse

Unless and until VS and Latitude hit RM7-RM8 in the next few months then Koon Koon can become hero......but if the prices come down a lot and somebody found that Koon Koon quietly sold all his shares these few months (just like what he did on his most undervalued shares in the past) then that will be very very bad for Koon Koon's reputation

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2015-03-05 09:43 | Report Abuse

Bursa disclosures show KYY held 4.87 million (5.01%) Latitude shares as at 2/10/2014 bought at low prices throughout 2014. Holdings increased to 6.035 million shares on 20/11/2014. Notably, he was not even among the top 30 shareholders in 2013 when the 30th shareholder held only 190,500 shares. Given the small paid up of Latitude, it must have taken him quite a few months in 2014 to collect, and all so stealthily. The pattern is probably similar for VS Industry if shareholding records can be accessed.

If KYY had not cynically come back to post articles on I3investor, I would have let things be. I thought in mid 2014 when I came across his JTiasa/Mudajaya articles that he was unnecessarily maligned but now, my view of him has completely changed. The man is not in the least bit noble.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 09:50 | Report Abuse

Koon Koon very naughty...very naughty....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 09:54 | Report Abuse

Meaning to say Koon Koon's cost of Latitude could be ard RM3.50 and cost of VS could be below RM3. At current price of Rm5.70 n Rm4.40, Koon Koon's paper gain could be RM30-Rm40 million....Koon Koon can donate more this year....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 09:56 | Report Abuse

If Koon Koon promises to donate Rm10 million for education this year I can support him a little bit by buying 100 unit each of VS n Latitude at current high prices level from him

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-05 09:58 | Report Abuse

Dont laugh me coz I am poor and I dont make milions RM from Bursa...at least something out of my sincerity...

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2015-03-05 10:36 | Report Abuse

I have quite a few more facts and figures to disclose should KYY come back to mislead, none of them pleasant reading. I sincerely hope he takes the cue and fade away quietly.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-05 12:39 | Report Abuse

lohman,
Newbies are Looking to exchange news and views on equities and equity markets. You had stated that you are Looking to exchange news and views on equities and equity markets.

So do you have any investment ideas of your own to exchange now??

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2015-03-05 14:30 | Report Abuse

sunzthe,
Sorry, I don't have at the moment. Don't like the way things are shaping up in the local economy and stock market. Other than some long term core holdings, am largely out and looking to reduce exposure every market rebound.

PureBULL .

2,412 posts

Posted by PureBULL . > 2015-03-06 06:57 | Report Abuse

Dear Uncle KYY,
U might want to consider diversifying to the world best n happening biz in the ever growing BioPharma space in USA.
This's so encouraging :
http://purebull-bursatrader.blogspot.ca/2015/02/msft-went-up-100x-in-10-yrs-pcyc-from.html

PCYC's about to be taken private at an astronomical price of USD$265 a share last nite. 3 giant drug cos. put in their bids n ABBV offered the highest of USD$21 billion. Mkt's expecting a higher bidder to surface in the next ensuing days. PCYC n JNJ own half each of that 1 chemical compound worth $42 billion now. PCYC bought from drug garbage yard for just $6 mill some 6 yrs ago.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/abbvie-buy-cancer-drug-maker-050113563.html

There is such a thing as A fairy tale story comes true in this sector.
Look, the good thing in this biz is, IF u r Right, u n your co. don't have to do any selling at all on the mkt. U sell every single share at the highest price ever!
All who follow can be happy ever laughter. Isn't it wonderful ?

BioPharma industry is the main n only organic driver of the USA economy.
It attracts the best of the best brain of the entire world. The talents n the lab cos. r located in the east around the top schools of Harvard Uni n MIT n to the west in the vicinity of Stanford Uni. This biz is so fertile that it convinces so many highly educated medical doctors n phd in bio-life sciences to become their stock analysts.

There r 5 horsemen in biopharma space, each specializes in 1 or 2 human organ diseases i.e. GILD, AMGN, BIIB, CELG, REGN. This way, all r growing up so fast every year.
If u have no time or expertise to do any research, then u might want to trade the best ETF in the world, IBB. If u r 'gungho' enough, the 2 X velocity biotech ETF, BIB is truly exciting. It is up big every Q of the year so far. Key here is have a way to buy the low every Q, 3 mths.

Go for drugs with Breakthrough Therapy Designation(BTD) from FDA. BTD is pretty similar to our TUNship in msia. The other good ones is Orphan drug designation. This simple language from FDA with its highest title says a lot abt the future prospect of the next billion $ blockbusters.

Btw, KYY beware. Govman loves what u r doing.
To preempt, mata lai lor, U have a choice of a better rosier mkt.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-03-06 07:21 | Report Abuse

Constructive comment. I opine those venture with less predictable nature, with high risk and requires very long term is not appropriate for people at senior golden age as uncle.

fong7

647 posts

Posted by fong7 > 2015-03-09 03:38 | Report Abuse

Koon bought enough, then he started talking, time to sell.
Koon sold enough, then he started talking, time to save his reputation.
if Koon is a nice person who just like to share knowledge and experience such as how he put himself, he wouldn't do this.
Koon said those who agree with him are smart, and those who disagree with him are idiots. This sounds familiar, BN said this all the time. So Koon is BN con?
Koon brother with Dali, both are magicians who play tricks and the winner is always themselves, not you and me.
Thank you Koon for coming back. God bless you and wish you welcome God as your guardians.

fong7

647 posts

Posted by fong7 > 2015-03-09 03:43 | Report Abuse

A good teacher will not keep telling people i bought how huge amount of this and that stocks. This kind of "strategic words" is a trick to attract weak mind and give them comfort. This is not the way to share experience. Just take a look at WB, unless someone asked him, he almost never mention stock name, he just teach and share experience and give broad idea of the market. It's quite obvious actually. So, "smart people" who admire Koon, be smart, think again.

Egokoon

30 posts

Posted by Egokoon > 2015-03-09 14:21 |

Post removed.Why?

Rajapetra

53 posts

Posted by Rajapetra > 2015-03-11 19:12 | Report Abuse

Dear Koon Yew Yin,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, in advising PAS members as to what they should do, you have ignored chapter six, verses 114 and 115 of the Qur’an, which goes as follows:

Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognise that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbour any doubt. The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

Hence you have erred in advising PAS members to abandon or abrogate the Qur’an in favour of other systems and values. The Qur’an very clearly states that God is the source of law, nothing should override this, and this is what PAS is upholding.

To advise Muslims to ignore this decree from God is akin to you trying to tell Christians that Jesus is not the Son of God whereas some Christians believe he is. Jesus being the Son of God is Christian doctrine as much as God is the source of laws the Islamic doctrine.

You are straying into very dangerous ground in dabbling with doctrine that is dear to the hearts of Muslims.

I challenge any Muslim to declare that he or she does not believe that the Sharia is compulsory upon Muslims and that Hudud is not part of the Sharia. Any Muslim who dares do that would be kufur and that would mean he or she is a kafir or infidel.

You have further suggested that those PAS members who wish to ignore the decree that God is a source of law should leave the party and for PasMa to team up with Pakatan Rakyat while PAS ‘Lama’ should go and join Umno in Barisan Nasional.

yewyin

5 posts

Posted by yewyin > 2015-04-06 23:43 |

Post removed.Why?

ocbc

919 posts

Posted by ocbc > 2022-03-18 10:57 | Report Abuse

Jaya Tiasa: As far as I can remember I posted my article on Jaya Tiasa when it was selling just below Rm 2.00 (currently Rm 1.96) and I stated clearly in my article that I was buying because it was undervalued and it had good profit growth prospect.

When I recommended it, Crude palm oil price was Rm 2,400 per ton and the price was going up because both Malaysia and Indonesia were seriously mandating the use of bio-diesel. Moreover, the novae rich China was increasing palm oil import aggressively.

JT has a total issued number of 974 million shares and at the price of Rm 2.00 the market capitalization was only Rm 1,948 million. If you divide it by the total planted 64,000 ha, the cost per ha was only Rm 30,400 per ha which was less than half the open market price of oil palm estate. Moreover, JT has large unplanted land, palm oil mills, plywood, timber factories, reforestation and other businesses.

In view of its profit growth prospect, the share price went up to Rm 2.70. My average buying price was about Rm 2.35. Of course, the share price came tumbling down as palm oil price came down.

I am ashamed to admit that I also have lost some money. (From KYY in 2015)

ocbc

919 posts

Posted by ocbc > 2022-03-18 11:04 | Report Abuse

2022 now is RM$6000

calvintaneng

53,265 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-03-18 13:18 | Report Abuse

Now is buyback time for Jtiasa (Giant Treasure)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz