17 people like this.

235 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2022-03-18 13:18

KCGOH1234

201 posts

Posted by KCGOH1234 > 2015-03-03 02:19 | Report Abuse

UNCLE KOON -- WELLCALL (7231) WELCOMES YOU.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 04:06 | Report Abuse

Seriously, I hate to do this again n again....

1) Rsawit
After telling the whole world that Rsawit is the most undervalued stock in Bursa in Nov 2013 while Rsawit was around RM0.80+, KYY sold all his Rsawit at an average price of ard RM1 in Jan/Feb 2014, a barely 2-3 months later. His cost of Rsawit was ard RM0.60+

2) Jtiasa
Again, he sold 50% of his Jtiasa or ard 20 million shares in April/May 2014 after 2-3 months of non-stop promoting in I3 during early 2014. He claimed that he still keep ard 20 million shares of Jtiasa and will buy back when price is lower than...Anyway, I cant see his name in the 30 major shareholders as at 01 Oct 2014.

3) Mudajaya
Again,after few promotions on this counters claiming he was the founder of this co and he obtained reliable info on the India Projects etc in June/July 2014,he confessed that he sold all during his talk in Dec 2014

Posted by Reno Wong > Dec 14, 2014 05:32 PM | Report Abuse

Guys, uncle just gave a speech yesterday for a chinese investment forum event.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154893049255328&id=432221245327
I.
He said JTiasa, XingQuan, Mudajaya was his biggest failure. And now he gives few more recommendation again, do you still believe in him? lolz
I choose not, given he pushed so hard for those failed counters, and I managed to pull out before the price drop judging from fundamental and his few other historical stupid recommendations, which means I am way better than him. And for each of you trusting yourself rather than his advice, you are better than him. And with this much failures during the bull market past few years, everybody is better than him. I would say even aunty from Pasar Malam can earn from stock market last few years.
Besides, he shouldn't be sharing more recommendation if he wasn't so perfect, since ppl will trust his reputation and bet all their money on his advice, moreover he is advising ppl to do 70% Margin even for period like now, which gave me very bad impression on him.

Dont you all see that he keep on using the same trick again n again?? Boast about a certain stock buy using his social status and some flawed analysis and then dump it within a short period of time (2-3 months). Dont get too sentimental and deceived by his social status and his age. He is here to do biz and to make money....not to do charity

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 04:15 | Report Abuse

Most, if not all his recommendations during the last 2 years sucks...besides the above Rsawit, Jtiasa,Mudajaya, Xinquan, his super bullish outlook on Plantation and strong encouragement in using Margin facilities all could lead you to Holland badly...But at least he did one thing correctly to appoint OTB as his fund manager...as a result he bought Hevea, latitude and VS at low prices and is now sitting on heft paper gain and can now claim credit on OTB's efforts...So he is back now to talk cock while unloading his VS and Latitude

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-03-03 08:08 | Report Abuse

Many ppl losing money lol

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-03 08:48 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon Yew Yin I know you are kind and very interested in stock investing for fun only. I believe you in my personnal opinion you may be better in the future by doing more community services to help the really needy and poorer people in your community. The God's rule is to give people something "they can not see". Your are getting a lot of resentment because these people already have money and want to make even more (greedy). But to the people who don't have money they don't see money. This is my opinion, it will be better off for you and the other people if you help those who don't see "money" by using your money. Warren Buffett makes a lot of money and he gives money only to people who do not see "money". You want to give back to community, give to the community what they "can not see" to make yourself happy and healty and life more worthwhile to you and your community!

chonghai

478 posts

Posted by chonghai > 2015-03-03 08:52 | Report Abuse

Murali, I do believe KYY is looking at unloading Latitud, probably for the next 6-12 months. That is the objective of his letter to Latitud : To push up the stock price. Some of his recommendation in fact could be bad for business and for long term shareholder.
As for VS, I think he has yet to collect enough. VS is seriously undervalued.

Ayoyo

379 posts

Posted by Ayoyo > 2015-03-03 09:02 | Report Abuse

Murali, I think you're being unduly hard on the old man. Like you, I've read his recommendations on Jtiasa, Rsawit and mudajaya. He gave his reasonings and his bullish stance on oil palm with backing from some analyst from RHB, was it? Can't remember. Looking at the CPO futures chart, which was languishing low, I can't agree with their analysis hence did not take positions. So too was mudajaya, chart was hardly impressive.

The point I'm making is that you can take trading ideas here from uncle Koon, OTB or anyone else but make your own judgement and then take responsibility for your own decisions and stop blaming everyone besides the man in the mirror. Once you accept this fact before pulling the trigger, you will start to learn important lessons on life and trading, whether you did correctly or wrongly resulted in the loss.

Remember, for every recommendation that Koon made, there were many constructive criticisms that many intelligent forummers here took opposite views off (of course, there were more mindless attacks but why waste precious time and energy on those). Therefore, analyse both sides of the story, do your own analysis and then make your decision. More importantly, be conscious of lessons to be learnt, right or wrong.

Murali, even the great warren buffet has made many mistakes in his career, the most high profile of which is Tesco but if you google up, there were more than a few. But that doesn't depart from the fact that he's made much more and still is, the second richest man in the world.

kkng0819kk

1,566 posts

Posted by kkng0819kk > 2015-03-03 09:46 | Report Abuse

What would you want to do most after you have owned millions at the golden age of 82.For me,i will feel very contented and ask no more fr this world

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 10:00 | Report Abuse

Ayoyo, thanks for your comment. If you read carefully, you will know that I am not really attacking on his mistakes. I too make lots of mistake in my investment...to err is human....I just have my reserve on his intention here.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 10:03 | Report Abuse

Still cant u see what's going wrong here with his Rsawit/ Jtiasa/ Mudajaya?? He over boasted on these counters and sold all within 2-3 months's time.....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 10:12 | Report Abuse

What's the reason of him telling everybody who he is (or was) and how much donations he has made,again n again here?? Just to satisfy his own ego?? I think you see him too simple oredi....

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-03-03 10:24 | Report Abuse

Grow a pair down there boy. Nobody is obligated to tell you when they sell or when they buy. If you complain about losing money just because you read a post in i3 recommending you to buy, then its best you put your money in FD and don't invest anymore. Otherwise, grow up and stop whining about other people's intention. This is not your mommy's kindergarden u know.

ykloh

509 posts

Posted by ykloh > 2015-03-03 10:26 | Report Abuse

Having followed his postings for sometime, my conclusion is that he is a egomaniac seeking recognition for his achievement and pretending to be a investment guru that he is not. In the case of Jtiasa, he pumped and dumbed the stock after promoting it as the stock of the century. Absolutely totally disgusting.

I have been reluctant to write like this about him out of respect for his age but have to do so now since this fraud continues to mislead others in this forum.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 10:32 | Report Abuse

At least YKLoh come out with some fair statements. Unlike his blind supporters always claimed those who opposed against him as losers (followed KYY and went Holland so are not happy with him etc), idiots, mommy boy etc...All i presented here are facts and most of it are being confessed by him...

cygan

11 posts

Posted by cygan > 2015-03-03 10:35 | Report Abuse

Murali, you mean you did follow KYY to purchase Latitude, VS & Hevea? These stocks have appreciated a lot. The followers are brilliant, not idiot as you described.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 10:35 | Report Abuse

Posted by ykloh > Mar 3, 2015 10:26 AM | Report Abuse

Having followed his postings for sometime, my conclusion is that he is a egomaniac seeking recognition for his achievement and pretending to be a investment guru that he is not. In the case of Jtiasa, he pumped and dumbed the stock after promoting it as the stock of the century. Absolutely totally disgusting.

I give 1000 likes on this.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-03 10:36 | Report Abuse

murali, it is good for you if you be nice to yourself and try to be happy everyday with what everyday is offering you, maybe some mistakes are for making you smarter in the future---you always need to be not smart to others in order to be generous to yourself and smart to yourself and not generous to others by going in a bad way by not letting your behavior affecting others(saying this in good faith). Anyway, Rsawit/Jtiasa/Mudajaya have a lot of assets are only good for the majority shareholder only because they always report very low profits to share with the small shareholders don't know why? (What do you think?) Instead of sharing, it is all human nature to take care of themselves better than taking care of others. The thing is I feel, whether the company is good or not is not important, whether the boss is willing to be fair and share profits are more economic characteristics investors should be looking at, especially in Malaysia! Anyone will always get a fair trial---don't worry---bad people save bad people when you be bad to bad people you become the more bad people saving him---only if you be nice to bad people when they are bad to you---for them to get a fair trial in the end.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 10:37 | Report Abuse

Cygan, I dare not follow him to buy VS & Latitude on this level...he bought it during last Nov/ Dev and come to I3 now to promote after prices shoot up a lot and while he is sitting on hefty paper gain....

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-03 10:40 | Report Abuse

murali, now is the good time to prove it to soojinhou, give it to him man, the fair trial!

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 10:41 | Report Abuse

???? To buy VS n Latitude from them happily at this level?

babu

326 posts

Posted by babu > 2015-03-03 10:44 | Report Abuse

@soojinhou and others like-minded, I think most of the disgruntled and unhappy comments made by these losers from your so called "mommy's kindergarten" arises because Mr KoonYY DID NOT clarify clearly once and for all that as soon as he made those heavy-duty promotional postings of a stock, whether it is JTiasa, Mudajaya etc etc that it was his intention to sell as soon as he made the postings or as soon as the stock rises another say 20% from his promotional start price. Is that all right ? Who is to say ?

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2015-03-03 10:51 | Report Abuse

Could Mr Koon really be a 'noble' stock speculator; but real forgetful to inform when dumping a promoted stock?

mmtalents

506 posts

Posted by mmtalents > 2015-03-03 10:55 | Report Abuse

but to be fair, he is not the only one who promote all these stocks, he cannot be take the blame not he should take the credits, Tong Kooi Ong (TheEdgeMarket) had been promoting the same stocks too, we never know the followers from which group, or those stocks could be really good in value.
There is freedom of speech in this country (I hope), each and everyone should has the right to contribute, comment, critic on his/her own opinion

babu

326 posts

Posted by babu > 2015-03-03 11:02 | Report Abuse

In short, it is their perception that Mr KoonYY instead of being noble and acting with kind intentions was actually the opposite i.e with malicious intent to make them buy while he or his PACs (parties-acting-in-concert) are lining up to sell. Based on what I have read so far, I conclude that their perception is not without merit. Is it all right to say to these people who have lost some money because of the heavy duty promotions made that they deserve it for not doing their own homework and for not realizing the stock market is treacherous, is a zero-sum game (which it is not) ........... ?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-03 11:06 | Report Abuse

This is my opinion only. Mr. Koon Yew Yin is reponsible for himself and also responsible for the things and information he gave to others. That is why I think even if someone is rich he should give advice to people thinking that he is rich and others are poorly. Our judgment are terrible most of the time. Being rich is not going to make an 82-year old man very rich for a long time. Forgive him, murali and everyone led astray by him, be nice and kind. Because we already win if only we are able to be nice and kind to bad people when we see one.

mmtalents

506 posts

Posted by mmtalents > 2015-03-03 11:09 | Report Abuse

no one is absolutely right nor absolutely wrong, it could be a dog eat dog world or this could be a friend helping friend world, depends how you see it, or if you the victim or you the one laughing to the bank, instead of whining here, why not produce a good strong informative article to counter those that claims certain stocks are good? write and tell us why we should not follow these promoter with facts and figures, and not by calling names

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-03 11:24 | Report Abuse

People who are really rich usually don't write comments and if they are rich and give comments they dig a hole for themselves. You must give to your friends what "they can not see" is my last statement. sorry for all the mischieves the market is too slow and i am too bore today. it was my pleasure conversing some frivolous and others idotic comments to you all. please forgive my nuisance.

mmtalents

506 posts

Posted by mmtalents > 2015-03-03 11:34 | Report Abuse

quote of the day I learned "be kind to bad people, is to be good to yourself" nice....

Yeow Gary

42 posts

Posted by Yeow Gary > 2015-03-03 11:49 | Report Abuse

Just for info, Those who really want to learn VALUE INVESTING , can joint us for 1 day workshop 10 am to 4pm with lunch included for only rm20 . take a look how we analyse under value company base on our 3R concept
http://valuegrowthworkshop.com/my?a_aid=53324cdb9053e&a_bid=b5f86abc

Yeow Gary

42 posts

Posted by Yeow Gary > 2015-03-03 11:50 | Report Abuse

the event is this weekend , saturday and Sunday at our Mid valley office
19-7 ,The Boulevard office .We on 7th floor (above RHB bank )

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-03-03 12:25 | Report Abuse

We as investors should not blame others including KYY for investment decisions which we made on our own. If we keep on blaming others and not blaming ourselves, how are we going to learn, improve and become more successful investors in the future. In life, one has to take the pain in order that one gains in the future. So to all those investors who get burnt, please look at yourself, start blaming your own self and find out root causal factor why you got burnt. You will graduate to become a more successful investor in the future but you will not achieve 100% hit rate

Let us get back to basics of investment be it FA , TA or FATA Combo. A basic FA investor would look into the right biz model, the right biz management and the right entry price viz a viz the intrinsic value. If a FA investor buys above the intrinsic worth then he/she will lose money for sure. A FA or Value investor will invest and hold the chosen stocks for a long time for dividends and capital appreciation over time as Fundamentals keeps improving.

A competent TA investor or Competent Trader will trade based on TA buy/sell signals on any stocks and possess the steely mindset to make quick decisions based on new TA buy/sell info. A competent Trader has no emotional attachment to any stocks.

A FATA combo investor will invest based on TA buy/sell signals on good FA stocks.

So stop blaming KYY or others and ask yourself on which category of investor that you want to become. Once you have decided, then ask yourself what skillsets must YOU acquire to be a reasonably competent investor.

If you still want to blame others for decisions made by yourself, you just showed to fellow i3 forumers here that you still possess an infantile mindset although you maybe quite senior in age. It is still not too late, to learn, be more self perceptive on one's weaknesses and to improve thyself.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-03-03 12:54 | Report Abuse

You know what all your bitching and whining remind me of? The illiterate auntie who got scammed in "gores & menang". Please lah, if a single posting from the great and mighty KYY can convince you to buy and in the process lose your panties, you should either retreat to buying index tracking fund, blue chip stocks or park your money in FD. Opinion takes weeks of reading to form. Opinions take effort, thinking and hard work. If you can form a bullish opinion just based on KYY posting, wow... I think you are playing Russian Roulette and good luck with your hard earn money.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 13:30 | Report Abuse

Yeap, depsite so many warnings being posted here and yet you are still being deceived to follow his lousy calls (whether it's a single post or more than 10 threads in the case of Jtiasa), then you only have yourself to be blamed and not the fake investment master. It will be safer for you to keep your money in FD instead of following Super Investor's calls.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 13:31 | Report Abuse

Trust nobody here, whether they are rich man or poor man, young man or old man...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 13:32 | Report Abuse

If you believe somebody just because he is rich and old then may god bless you...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-03-03 13:33 | Report Abuse

Stop bitching around once you find yourself kena trapped again

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-03-03 13:50 | Report Abuse

I never bitch. All opinions I form is mine and mine alone. If I form an opinion from reading kyy's it is still my opinion. If I lose money it is my own fault and no one else. And yes I agree with u trust no one and therefore if u want to play this game, make sure u do your research.

Btw, although I didn't buy mudajaya I have benefitted from kyy's sharing on the coal supply situation in India. I made triple on a 5 bagger company called Agritrade Resources listed in hkex. So, grow up and take some accountability for your own investment decisions. If u don't want to put in the effort, then please pay a fund manager to manage your money for u.

jeff 7839

50 posts

Posted by jeff 7839 > 2015-03-03 14:23 | Report Abuse

Soo,

I see many sore losers out there. They would prefer to sit on their buttocks and wait for free tips on the counters to buy in. If they make money from the tips they would praise the great 'sifu' and worship him like god but if they lose money, they would condemn him till kingdom come!

AC Gan

188 posts

Posted by AC Gan > 2015-03-03 14:49 | Report Abuse

Investing in Equity market is a game and Zero-Sum games...of course The Best M
an win...!! Those who should be punished & penalized must be the so-called anal.List at investment bank !!

zy Ma

10 posts

Posted by zy Ma > 2015-03-03 14:56 |

Post removed.Why?

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2015-03-03 15:06 | Report Abuse

you and your "noble intention" tagline. thanks, i think some of us have enough. for those who haven't tasted it yet. hope your "lesson" wont cost alot. everyman for his own in the share market world

Ntpboon

663 posts

Posted by Ntpboon > 2015-03-03 16:41 | Report Abuse

Relax, just for laugh...............

股市変幻且莫测,
买卖必须自负责。
赢亏也该常快乐,
豈能归咎此老伯。

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-03-03 17:00 | Report Abuse

Mathew 5:46, a philosophical guide for investors too?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-03 17:04 | Report Abuse

Mudajaya is a very speculative stock no doubt a major shareholder in the company is very rich (the investment is only 20%). It is very speculative because this company count on political links of its partner is my investment opinion. If they did not get the contract their profit suffers. Recommending this kind of stock to people shows that you buy stocks judging the owners' wealth and not the owners business acumen.

JTiasa no doubt has a lot of assets )(rich parents) but profitability reported has been quite low for a long time. You recommend this company because the father is rich. That doesn't mean that the managers or the sons who run the companies are as good. Rsawit is a back-burner. It has never performed since the share-split and share-split means the stock become speculative.

Your judgment is always based on rich parents and not profitability and also whether the stocks are speculative in nature or not.

You probably got your tips from someone you trusted and share it to the public. No doubt those stocks were speculative, someone accumulated them, and wanted to unload the stocks. It is not because of the palm oil drop in price or else they would have pushed the share price even higher. I remember the run-up when the prices of JTiasa went up, it was only for a few days, and volume did not support, show no big fish. Was speculation and rumor to sell shares and you help them maybe unintentionally. It was not the price of palm oil, it was speculation, because when prices went up, the volume did not increase very much at all. I remembered this when I looked at it last year.

You thought you are doing the public a favor......
But you action hurts some people, not just their wallet, considering your public status. You shouldn't have done such a thing, your area of expertise is construction and not helping other people to manipulate stock prices! Or, you are just like them, you were sold-out by someone your respect and trusted because he has money.
The above is my opinion.

24 posts

Posted by 20012015 > 2015-03-03 17:12 | Report Abuse

In my personal opinion, if mr k is in a good faith intention to share his views on certain shares to his followers, than he should make known to his followers if later he found the shares were not as good as expected. Furthermore, I think he owe his followers an obligation if he sell the shares.

Posted by winsontan520 > 2015-03-03 17:26 | Report Abuse

ah koon said xinquan can earn money must trust betul betul, 0.40 masuk 0.58 keluar 45% return in 3 months. apa lagi lu mao...

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-03-03 17:27 | Report Abuse

You are trying to give yourself excuses for being speculative, you are bohong yourself, when you recommended the shares like JTiasa, Mudajaya, Rsawit, what were their earnings per shares, like what? These companies were doing badly financially and you recommended the shares to shareholders by being speculative. You bought and sold. It is not that you recommended some shares and you have no obligation to shareholders by selling the shares you recommended. Considering your intention was to share your experience by posting about shares to buy, how come, you posted the company shares that were back-burners and those that haven't gone up in the past 5 years. The only time it went up was after you recommended them and the whole episope of going up and coming down only lasted for one month. The rest of the time, the prices of the stocks you recommended were poor perfomers with poor results. Do you give scholarships to students who score last in class? Nobody has ever done that! Why give scholarships to students or invest in them when they are giving poor results in the last 5 years! Isn't this crazy! This is the point.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-03-03 17:31 | Report Abuse

R u all mad? Kyy is obligated to tell u when he sells? Did he accept fees from u all? Even your fund manager, whom u pay management fee, will not tell u when he buys or sells. Do your own research and grow up.

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2015-03-03 17:34 | Report Abuse

then do not brag about "good faith". we know what once you have accumulated enough suddenly, then you will release your buy calls. and once you have sold everything, then you only will release your sell calls.

soojinhou, you are partially correct. KYY is not wrong legally, just wrong ETHICALLY only.

PeterNg

409 posts

Posted by PeterNg > 2015-03-03 17:39 | Report Abuse

Don't blame people if we lost money. Treat this as a lesson to learn.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz